PDA

View Full Version : So uh... about that customization...

Stoopidllamas
12-06-2014, 04:21 AM
OK so at first I thought... maybe I just cant see new parts because I havent progressed far enough. But I just beat the game. All my cars are lvl 1100 plus.

So... fenders. What the actual F%#k. Whats the point of this category If I cant change them because there are no new fenders?

What about rim size? Not everyone wants to roll 18s. I might want staggered rims on my ride as well. Maybe even paint them a different color.

Maybe more than 1 hood? And not a rehash of the same 2 hoods in carbon fiber? maybe some actual wings? Not wings from 2001 4 and a half feet tall 6 feet wide with 757 engines strapped to them but actual legit wings. Not the obnoxious ones.

So.. cars? Where? Because this selection is ****. No r35 GTR. No audis. No sweet lexus supercar. No mazdas. Hi I like rx-7s! Supercar list is lambo lambo lambo and an agera R. Wow. Way to push the envelope. Kinda get the feeling that cars were left out on purpose just so you can nickle and dime us for extra cars. Hell.. My "the crew" image on my ps4 home screen has a stingray pictured. Yeah... no stingray to be bought. Nice GJ.

What about painting different fenders hood trunks whatever differenet colors? What about the ability to move racing strips to different positions via a move tool.

The customization in this game is crap. About the same level of GTA. Did you just pull the driving part out of watch dogs and put it in this game and charge me 60$??

I dont even know why im writing this. I dont even know why I buy ubi games anymore either. You are like the American version of capcom. DLC your customers to death.

Whats next? A cash shop for Rainbow six? A season pass to get more than 3 multiplayer maps? Oh will the main guy have a neckbeard??! How about nerd glasses and a scarf to go with his bulletproof vest?!

zrpicard
12-06-2014, 07:40 AM
I wish i could rate this post 5 stars. Seriously give us more tools to work with like a Microsoft paint tool for our cars. Also, I don't understand why we don't have complete freedom over what our car can look like. Limited options and tools will only lead to more cars looking the same. In this game the cars are our avatar and should be tailored our way be it absolutely crazy to as mundane as we please. Midnight Club comes to mind when customization was done right and that was several years ago. Also lay off the neckbeards lmao.

Flurise
12-06-2014, 06:27 PM
I wish i could rate this post 5 stars. Seriously give us more tools to work with like a Microsoft paint tool for our cars. Also, I don't understand why we don't have complete freedom over what our car can look like. Limited options and tools will only lead to more cars looking the same. In this game the cars are our avatar and should be tailored our way be it absolutely crazy to as mundane as we please. Midnight Club comes to mind when customization was done right and that was several years ago. Also lay off the neckbeards lmao.

I personally agree.. with all the trailers for customization we had the though it was going to be where we can have a unique set-up to others but we are lacking resources like changing Vinyl Colours, Rim Colours, Rim sizes, and not to mention Neon Lights! I really hope Ubisoft adds these in an update we really need them and also to Drag Race online or in Story mode let us replay the mission '' The Duel '' so we can have a drag against AI atleast

zrpicard
12-06-2014, 07:33 PM
If our wishes were to come true concerning the addition of more customization options I'd like to see some sort of car show. This wold allow people to show off the time they have invested in their rides. We could do ratings and have a winner at the end of each month. However the tools have to come first.

Loraye
12-06-2014, 07:49 PM
I agree, the customization is... well, it definitely lacks in some areas. Would love to be able to lower the ride hight for example, and as mentioned in the OP, change the rim size. The vinyls could be complemented with a system like the one in midnight club, not sure if you guys have played that, but basically you use different shapes and symbols, which you can put however you want on your car. It allows for completely individual and unique designs, something that is abscent in this game. And if we could change how the driver looks (I pretty much only play in cockpit mode), that would be great.

Stoopidllamas
12-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Has anyone at all even seen a fender that you can change on your car/truck? If so what car/truck what spec?

Because id seriously like to know.

Stars_OfThe_Lid
12-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Be very careful on these forums, people can get really angry and rude if you say anything negative about Ubisoft here.

Notoriousgtt
12-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Never seen fenders, I assume it is there for some vehicles that are on the way.

Oh god, neon lights, the 13 year old chavs have arrived :(

I agree that there should be some kind of custom paint editor, especially for the circuit cars, at least layerable decals.

As for more vehicles. I have every faith they are coming, and if they are reasonably priced I have no issue with paying for them going forward, after all, there is no subscription so I don;t mind paying to support ongoing development.

Stoopidllamas
12-07-2014, 05:24 PM
I do not agree with paying for more cars that are clearly pictured on my start screen. Things that were not in trailers and newer cars? Sure. But again this selection is extremely lacking. Chevy silverado with no dirt spec is a joke. And a bad one.

So heres whats going to happen they are going to charge you 5$ for a pack of 4 cars. That are so overpriced that you have to buy cash in the cash shop to be able to drive them. Its friggen ingenious really.

Having options for cars that are "on the way" and will have to be paid for is... well. In the nicest words possible. Kinda F**ked. Wasnt there a trailer for fenders being changed out on some rides? Pretty sure it was the challenger as well. The customization trailer. Again I cannto express this enough. I feel like I signed the papers on buying a corvette and got sold a chevy volt.

APG_Pingu
12-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Stingray, Megane, Escalade among others are nowhere to be found. Specs locked out. And2 asian tuners compared to the FIVE Mustangs. The very core of this game is illegal street racing. Dress it up with fat tyres, Laguna Seca racetrack or whatever you like but your main chunk of time will be weaving through traffic so where are the legends of this scene? RX7, Supra, 200SX? We have Rally spec (dirt) but no purpose built production cars like the Mitsubishi Evo or Subaru Impreza...

This game had SO much potential, if we had to wait another year so be it. But as it is, i cant even paint my 315k Maserati and because saves are stored on your servers i cant reload it BEFORE i blew over quarter of a mil -_-

Speed Dizzy
12-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Has anyone at all even seen a fender that you can change on your car/truck? If so what car/truck what spec?

the only one ive seen with different fenders is the street hot rod, and those go from ****ty to even more ****ty

Stoopidllamas
12-07-2014, 06:57 PM
the only one ive seen with different fenders is the street hot rod, and those go from ****ty to even more ****ty

Wonderful. GOTY sold!

Notoriousgtt
12-07-2014, 07:29 PM
I do not agree with paying for more cars that are clearly pictured on my start screen. Things that were not in trailers and newer cars? Sure. But again this selection is extremely lacking. Chevy silverado with no dirt spec is a joke. And a bad one.

So heres whats going to happen they are going to charge you 5$ for a pack of 4 cars. That are so overpriced that you have to buy cash in the cash shop to be able to drive them. Its friggen ingenious really.

Having options for cars that are "on the way" and will have to be paid for is... well. In the nicest words possible. Kinda F**ked. Wasnt there a trailer for fenders being changed out on some rides? Pretty sure it was the challenger as well. The customization trailer. Again I cannto express this enough. I feel like I signed the papers on buying a corvette and got sold a chevy volt.

$5 for 4 cars is very reasonable. You clearly have no idea how much time goes into modelling a car, modelling each modification, doing the full interior. 5 of your yankee dollars for 4 cars is a bargain.

sirdan89
12-07-2014, 09:14 PM
The biggest issue for me is paint and stickers. As far as I could tell you cant position stickers in any way shape or form. This is like something from a 2005 game, this is 2014! you need to be on par with current car editors!

Rims is the second issue, can we get a couple more at least?

sizes would be nice, ride height would be nice too.

In short there is little room for creativity. I am extremely disappointed with this. The game just keeps letting me down in every aspect, its like its a unfinished early access game.

tehzle
12-07-2014, 10:37 PM
i guess no one here got a clue about whats going on... we got no customization options because everyone would want em, that includes people on xbox 360. so we got the a fking old console with a current gen game and there start the technical limitations that come up. it all started with the mirrors that still doesn't work in cockpit view because there's too much to render for the consoles and it takes a ton of performance to update them in real time.

what i'm trying to say is: you want customization? quality graphics? 60 fps games? if you do, boycott the "next-gen" console **** and get a fking gaming rig! you saw what happened with watch_dogs and now you see what happens to the crew due to technical limitations of consoles! and don't come at me with sht like "but forza has..." yes it does but its not open world with seamless sessioning and stuff.

i think we could have an actually awesome game here IF it was pc exclusive and the devs could actually do what they want and not what theyre limited to do... im already glad we got 60fps on pc but all the stuff (specs, cars, customization) that is missing is a HUGE letdown. maybe ubi is boarding the train almost everyone is riding today and sells us the stuff that is already finished since beta later as new content like its common in betafield and cod already...

overall: blame the consoles, nuf said!

Savage_Mk-II
12-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I was going to call the OP out on raging a bit too hard...but every single point of his is valid. I completely agree...Ubisoft said they delayed the game because they "listened to the fans", and last I checked, the biggest thing the fans were screaming about was the lack of customization. If you're going to play the "your car is your avatar/character" card, then you have to deliver with customization that truly makes every car unique...and enough cars in general to make it worthwhile. This is so far the biggest let-down of this game...absolutely awful customization selection.

APG_Pingu
12-08-2014, 06:22 PM
i guess no one here got a clue about whats going on... we got no customization options because everyone would want em, that includes people on xbox 360. so we got the a fking old console with a current gen game and there start the technical limitations that come up. it all started with the mirrors that still doesn't work in cockpit view because there's too much to render for the consoles and it takes a ton of performance to update them in real time.

what i'm trying to say is: you want customization? quality graphics? 60 fps games? if you do, boycott the "next-gen" console **** and get a fking gaming rig! you saw what happened with watch_dogs and now you see what happens to the crew due to technical limitations of consoles! and don't come at me with sht like "but forza has..." yes it does but its not open world with seamless sessioning and stuff.

i think we could have an actually awesome game here IF it was pc exclusive and the devs could actually do what they want and not what theyre limited to do... im already glad we got 60fps on pc but all the stuff (specs, cars, customization) that is missing is a HUGE letdown. maybe ubi is boarding the train almost everyone is riding today and sells us the stuff that is already finished since beta later as new content like its common in betafield and cod already...

overall: blame the consoles, nuf said!

Lol not the consoles fault. Its a poor decision by Ubi/Ivory Tower, blame them. Actually, its not just a poor decision, its an outright odd one. Current gen consoles are selling so well that in a year or so the majority of console owners will have updated. To blow any part of development budget aswell as downgrading the graphics, fps and textures to cater for a rapidly outdating generation of consoles is just a waste. The ONLY way this would meet any target is if you was looking to maximise potential first day profits as you are opening up your game to more platforms.

Unfortunately, Ubisoft hasnt shot themselves in the foot this year with all 3 releases... Theyve blown the entire limb off.

FG70
12-08-2014, 10:51 PM
$5 for 4 cars is very reasonable. You clearly have no idea how much time goes into modelling a car, modelling each modification, doing the full interior. 5 of your yankee dollars for 4 cars is a bargain.

Where did you get that? You don't get 4 cars in a pack...

http://www.gamersgate.com/img/featured/thecrew-seasonpass-content.jpg

sr_pschkn
12-09-2014, 04:17 AM
You clearly have no idea how much time goes into modelling a car, modelling each modification, doing the full interior. 5 of your yankee dollars for 4 cars is a bargain.
You clearly have no idea either.

Thijs1005
12-09-2014, 12:05 PM

The Hotrod... has 1 fender :P

Memory_Kill
12-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Thought i'd weigh in here as it is a problem.

The biggest issues I have, so far, is that there are SO MANY cars that only have either "STOCK" OR "STREET" specs with no dirt, performance, raid OR circuit specs this list includes pre-order vehicles, like the Mini, the RAM, the Mustang 2015 etc although you can do more with that.

This is a huge problem, I feel ivory tower "blew there load" too early with showing us (if you look at all the gameplay trailers) all the RAID/DIRT/PERF cars way before release. The only few that remain a surprise is the DLC cars, for which, seem ludicrous...A RAID MCLAREN F1? What the actual hell...genius or just plane dumb?!

Customization, some cars, have a lot, such as PERF and DIRT and some cars have plenty of choices, the FOCUS RS has some great choices of dirt body kits and the challenger SRT-8 hasa great selection of performance parts.

But I digress...i agree with pretty much everything the OP said.

The Bad:

- No vinyl editor (why??)
- No custom paint per body panel/rim (why?)
- Not enough catagories popuated by cars (like the fenders, only seem them on the HOTROD so far and they are rather poor)
- No Exhaust selections or interselections between rear panels and exhausts
- Cars engine sound never changes when upgrading it with more parts/different specs, it makes absolutely no difference apart from some specs adding a turbo whine, which is LAZY
- The "skeleton" car feature, being able to see all the parts moving...is entirely POINTLESS is if never LOOKS any different when you apply upgrades! Wasted feature, wasted effort, incomplete maybe?

Plus more, I won't go on.

Season pass is a rip off for 20 for 14 cars. With Forza Horizon 2 it's 20 for 31 CARS and what's the biggest advantage besides better value for money?

Each of the current 220+ in the game to date, bar a handful of exceptions, have far superior engine audio quality than The Crew

And that is ofc, a massive deal breaker for me, too many cars in the crew sound synthetically created, poor effort indeed.