PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft live stream - "Patch 4 will be coming out by the end of 2014"

Kyler45
12-06-2014, 01:29 AM
What are your opinions on this? I personally think this is far too long of a wait.

GoldenBoy9999
12-06-2014, 01:34 AM
Cool beans. Wait what? You don't like that? The game's been fine for me since Patch 3-actually I've never had many problems besides some frame rate- and 2015 isn't that far away. Patch 3 hasn't even been out long. It's 26 days at the most until the patch.

What stream is this from btw?

BlAcKwALL222014
12-06-2014, 01:39 AM
Yes I agree thats too long. I would like a refund....I did not buy this game to sit and wait for it to become playable after purchase.:mad:

SixKeys
12-06-2014, 01:41 AM
Depends on how many issues it will fix.

GoldenBoy9999
12-06-2014, 01:48 AM
Yes I agree thats too long. I would like a refund....I did not buy this game to sit and wait for it to become playable after purchase.:mad:

Does your game not start? If so, I feel sorry for you.

Trilla83
12-06-2014, 02:08 AM

Are you being funny here? The game is still very buggy and people have been waiting a long time. "Does the game not start" ??? So thats all that is required nowadays to warrant the money spent on consoles and video games.

Give me a break

I'd like my money back or some form of reimbursement. I've had it over 2 weeks now and I'm falling without explanation, cannot attack enemies on certain occasions and they cna't attack me, caught on the spot where i cannot move, game freezes several times.

But hey I'm happy, the game starts - what else would I want.

High standards!!

Kyler45
12-06-2014, 02:08 AM

Patch 4 is designed to fix Frame Rate. Unfortunately, I, as well as others, experience fairly bad motion sickness when framerate is not constant, causing me to be physically unable to play due to poor optimization.

Altair1789
12-06-2014, 02:15 AM
It's supposed to be an optimization patch, right? If it is, then I feel sorry for those who can't play, but at least it'll be better optimized when done

GoldenBoy9999
12-06-2014, 02:44 AM
Are you being funny here? The game is still very buggy and people have been waiting a long time. "Does the game not start" ??? So thats all that is required nowadays to warrant the money spent on consoles and video games.

Give me a break

I'd like my money back or some form of reimbursement. I've had it over 2 weeks now and I'm falling without explanation, cannot attack enemies on certain occasions and they cna't attack me, caught on the spot where i cannot move, game freezes several times.

But hey I'm happy, the game starts - what else would I want.

High standards!!

I've loved my time with it. It plays just how I thought I would. I've experienced just about the same amount of technical problems as I have with the fabled AC4. Have you not seen the videos of the Jackdaw and it's crew ascending into heaven, lol. Open world games are bound to have problems. I wouldn't have noticed those 2 instances of frame rate if so many people weren't complaining over how HORRIBLE the game is.

The problem I have with the game is the actual content, like story. Not technical issues.

Patch 4 is designed to fix Frame Rate. Unfortunately, I, as well as others, experience fairly bad motion sickness when framerate is not constant, causing me to be physically unable to play due to poor optimization.

I'm sorry. I've never experienced motion sickness but I know others that have and they can't play certain games either.

jeffies04
12-06-2014, 05:39 AM
What are your opinions on this? I personally think this is far too long of a wait.

Where did you read this? I only see the free game post from the 26th.

Kregen227
12-06-2014, 07:32 AM
Well that sucks, I haven't been able to play unity connected to the internet since nov.16. Guess it makes no difference now since I passed on Microsofts offer for a refund thinking patch 3was gonna fix it for me.

king-hailz
12-06-2014, 11:08 AM

That happens to me! I could not play AC3 after I finished the story because I would start to feel sick... unity was better but still felt a little sick...

However I don't know if this is a thing but I feel the graphics have been slightly downgraded after patch 3 anyone else feel this...

Mr_Shade
12-06-2014, 12:21 PM
However I don't know if this is a thing but I feel the graphics have been slightly downgraded after patch 3 anyone else feel this...

No alterations to graphics have been made - apart from optimizing things in certain areas - and when you sync a view point [the spin around zoom out] - as laid out in the patch notes.

There has been no other 'lowering' of details etc.

UniteUnderPower
12-06-2014, 01:06 PM
All I know is that this patch better fix my crash problems while connected online on PS4 or I demand a refund. I love this series. Please don't make me do that =/

rrebe
12-06-2014, 01:13 PM

I went and watched the end of the stream again (it was a fun stream, I recommend watching it from the beginning ;) ), at http://www.twitch.tv/assassinscreed/v/3588821 around 56:30 UbiGabe talks about the patch 4. Bottom line: Soon™

Jackdaw951
12-06-2014, 02:42 PM
No alterations to graphics have been made - apart from optimizing things in certain areas - and when you sync a view point [the spin around zoom out] - as laid out in the patch notes.

There has been no other 'lowering' of details etc.

Correct. I noticed just yesterday that the sync spin is much improved. I can climb around Notre Dame's huge glass expanses without major issues too. Graphics are no worse. But the frame rate in general seems a tad worse than before Patch 3 (XONE). That's a crying shame.

End of the year seems reasonable for the next patch. If I were Ubi, I'd shoot for no later than Christmas Eve. That's when a lot of people will be finding the game or the XONE/Unity/Black-Flag bundle under the tree.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Oh goody! We only have to wait eight weeks from the time of purchase until the game is maybe kinda nearly completely fixed. So does this mean we can hope the Unity Companion will be fixed in 2015, Initiates in 2016 and Club Competitions by 2017?

Hey, maybe Arno will be able to get into windows without dancing all around them by 2020! That will be fricken awesome!

**** you Ubisoft! :mad:

FatiguedEnigma
12-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Cool beans. Wait what? You don't like that? The game's been fine for me since Patch 3-actually I've never had many problems besides some frame rate- and 2015 isn't that far away. Patch 3 hasn't even been out long. It's 26 days at the most until the patch.

No?? Consider your *** lucky!! I was just lilke you man. thought i would of been fine from it all.. But after patch 3.. Game now crashes everytime i click continue.. So I'm pretty pissed off!!! Thats way too long to wait.. by then we'll all be moving on

FatiguedEnigma
12-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Oh goody! We only have to wait eight weeks from the time of purchase until the game is maybe kinda nearly completely fixed. So does this mean we can hope the Unity Companion will be fixed in 2015, Initiates in 2016 and Club Competitions by 2017?

Hey, maybe Arno will be able to get into windows without dancing all around them by 2020! That will be fricken awesome!

**** you Ubisoft! :mad:

Couldnt agree more

Kyler45
12-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Couldnt agree more

I agree, there are far too many issues to have to wait 8 weeks since launch to play the game.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-06-2014, 07:25 PM
I agree, there are far too many issues to have to wait 8 weeks since launch to play the game.

The vast majority of us can play the game now. Just not the way it should be played.

Sejdovic11
12-06-2014, 07:28 PM
That's their last chance for me, if this won't fix that awful fps, I'll just burn that game.

xboxauditore
12-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Just to sound like a total caveman, what does Frame Rate mean?

TahjaEstes
12-06-2014, 08:41 PM

As a matter of fact there are some of us out there that the game won't start for with internet enabled. You can keep your pity and your sarcasm, though.

This isn't directed just at you, but in general I keep seeing people complaining about players' sense of entitlement/impatience/whatever buzz word you feel like using today. I'm getting kind of sick of it. It's not as if players are complaining about something petty, we're complaining about a product that we bought that is not doing what it's supposed to do a month after its release.

I don't appreciate dropping seventy dollars plus tax on a game that I can't even use the way I'm supposed to be able to. Regardless of who purchased the game for the player it was money that was spent on a product that was supposed to be finished. Instead we got a poorly polished, rushed product, why, because Ubisoft wanted in on the holiday rush? To meet some quota for the end of the year? I expect better from a company and game with a budget and price sticker this size.

The fact that Ubisoft has already been working on the next game without even resolving the CURRENT game's issues (and apparently other titles from this studio are still suffering major bugs, if I understand correctly) just reeks of disrespect for their consumers, not to mention the lack of opportunity for us to provide feedback to better the next title.

They're giving us Dead Kings for free, and I'm happy for that. It's great that they're acknowledging that they messed up and are doing SOMETHING to try to make up for all of this, but they could do better. I'd still be happy to pay for Dead Kings, all I want is to be able to enjoy the main game with friends online, alright? I'm one of the people who got stuck with a game that WILL NOT PLAY AT ALL online. I have to disable my online features whenever I want to play, which means I can't enjoy the console the way it was intended to be used either. Considering the bundled price of about $500+tax for everything all together (console, PSN subscription, and game, more if you bought a headset like I did, more still if you bought a now defunct season pass), yeah, people have a right to be livid.

One of the reasons I've been so excited for DK is for the new co-op missions, guess I'm just out of luck till next year, huh?

All I can see right now is Ubisoft repeating their own mistakes, sacrificing quality product for quantity. When they put their money where their mouth is and start demonstrating that they actually give a care about the products that they're putting out or the people buying them, THEN, and only then will I cut them some slack. It isn't a race, guys. I would gladly wait two or three years and pay for bells and whistles if it means I'll actually be able to ENJOY the game as it was intended.

rrebe
12-06-2014, 09:18 PM
As a matter of fact there are some of us out there that the game won't start for with internet enabled. You can keep your pity and your sarcasm, though.

This isn't directed just at you, but in general I keep seeing people complaining about players' sense of entitlement/impatience/whatever buzz word you feel like using today. I'm getting kind of sick of it. It's not as if players are complaining about something petty, we're complaining about a product that we bought that is not doing what it's supposed to do a month after its release.

I sensed no malice in Golden's post, there's no need to be rude.

For what it's worth, I am sorry that some are not able to run the game at all while I have had very little problems (well, it did randomly crash once in my so far +60h of gameplay on PS4), but there are some people overreacting and taking things too personally on both sides (sides being those who are able and not able to play, and I actually find it a bit silly that there even seems to be sides in this..)

STDlyMcStudpants
12-06-2014, 09:25 PM
I've loved my time with it. It plays just how I thought I would. I've experienced just about the same amount of technical problems as I have with the fabled AC4. Have you not seen the videos of the Jackdaw and it's crew ascending into heaven, lol. Open world games are bound to have problems. I wouldn't have noticed those 2 instances of frame rate if so many people weren't complaining over how HORRIBLE the game is.

The problem I have with the game is the actual content, like story. Not technical issues.

I'm sorry. I've never experienced motion sickness but I know others that have and they can't play certain games either.

you use the word 'I' a lot. Sadly for you, games are made for 10 million + people and not just you.
No one cares about your experience... if it bugs 1 person, thats enough and clearly it bugs more than 1
We need to stop letting games use the open world scape goat... sure bugs are expected in massive games... that doesnt make them acceptable however....

rrebe
12-06-2014, 09:49 PM
you use the word 'I' a lot. Sadly for you, games are made for 10 million + people and not just you.
No one cares about your experience... if it bugs 1 person, thats enough and clearly it bugs more than 1
We need to stop letting games use the open world scape goat... sure bugs are expected in massive games... that doesnt make them acceptable however....

"No one cares about your experience" ..Seriously?
Everyone's experience is important, be it negative or positive.

wvstolzing
12-06-2014, 09:53 PM
It's not as if players are complaining about something petty, we're complaining about a product that we bought that is not doing what it's supposed to do a month after its release.

We have RIGHTS, as consumers, to expect products we buy to do what they're supposed to do. The key concept here is RIGHT; it pains me to no end to see the popular buzzword 'entitlement', etc., eviscerate this concept, trivialize it, belittle it, and so on -- whoever put this "omg your so entited, deal with it" business into circulation knew what they were doing very well.

Besides, asking for one's rights isn't an 'emotional reaction' either -- sure, a breach in one's rights might drive a person mad, but asking for one's rights works at a level different from the personal & the emotional, it's a matter of asking that the RULES of the game, in this case a commercial transaction, be observed; those 'rules' find their justification, ultimately, in laws that allow us to live as free citizens, NOT in what-gratifies-whom.

Companies will CHEAT, as long as they can get away with it -- it's up to us, yeah, people bickering about their RIGHTS, to keep them in line.

And you also see here, how dangerous this whole business of 'fandom', and 'loyalty', and other *supposed* 'sentimental' ties between companies and consumers; they're promoted to obscure the notion that as consumers, we have rights.

I have all the gratitude and admiration in the world, for the individual people working at ubisoft who labored hard to produce this game, but I do not owe an ounce of gratitude, or love, or any other emotional BS relation to 'ubisoft the company' as such.

ibesto
12-06-2014, 10:10 PM
:nonchalance: i start up unity and once it gets to the option to CONTINUE it begins a loading screen of the the 2 bars to the top right of the screen then after 60 sec it stops and it brings me to dashboard if im off line it goes threw tho... really really wanna play with my friends here anyone know of a fix

STDlyMcStudpants
12-06-2014, 10:13 PM
"No one cares about your experience" ..Seriously?
Everyone's experience is important, be it negative or positive.

I was implying entitlement and selfishness..... You must be really young reading that literally...

rrebe
12-06-2014, 10:59 PM
I was implying entitlement and selfishness..... You must be really young reading that literally...

English isn't my first or even second language, so I am sorry if I misunderstood something...

STDlyMcStudpants
12-06-2014, 11:01 PM
English isn't my first or even second language, so I am sorry if I misunderstood something...
just took it out of context ;D no worries

GoldenBoy9999
12-06-2014, 11:13 PM

Calm down mate. I wasn't being sarcastic or pitiful. If that person's game doesn't start, I feel sorry for them. There's been multiple reports of this, and if that's one of those people, I'd be sad too.

you use the word 'I' a lot.

And Superman sucks. :D

Sadly for you, games are made for 10 million + people and not just you.

Lol, yes they do. People can tend to gang together on things, especially on the internet and games. I'm simply pointing out that I've experienced worse bugs in AC4 or any other AC game. I'm also tired of reviewers saying that a game's bugs are so bad they have to give it horrible review scores and lose enjoyment with the game.

If 1 person has a good time with a game, that's enough and others have clearly had a great time. :rolleyes:

SolidNSnake1985
12-06-2014, 11:25 PM
just watched their twitch stream where they mentioned Patch 4

"should have a Preview of Patch 4 next week" ..

good enough for me :) , if Frame Rate Fixes is included than i'm a happy customer .

Kyler45
12-06-2014, 11:45 PM
just watched their twitch stream where they mentioned Patch 4

"should have a Preview of Patch 4 next week" ..

good enough for me :) , if Frame Rate Fixes is included than i'm a happy customer .

Just so you're aware, that doesn't mean Patch 4 will be out next week. That means they'll have another pitiful live update in one week rehashing what's already been said.

jeffies04
12-07-2014, 12:01 AM
The end of that Twitch was actually pretty informative. They want to get all of the glaring issues fixed so they can launch club competition and Dead Kings. They did mention the "continue" crash too.

Probably why it's taking so long. I'd rather have a better-quality finalizing patch than another "quickie" that doesn't fix or breaks something else.

SlyTrooper
12-07-2014, 12:18 AM
I find it very hard to believe that Unity was so bad on release given all the crap people are saying about the state of the game now. Unity is no different to any of the past ACs. I have had no more bugs than any of the others & the framerate isn't any worse than in AC3. Yes, I think it needs some improvements (just like the rest of the games did), but all this complaining is annoying me. Unity is the best AC I've ever played, so I think people are just complaining this much to spite Ubi.

TahjaEstes
12-07-2014, 12:48 AM
Calm down mate. I wasn't being sarcastic or pitiful. If that person's game doesn't start, I feel sorry for them. There's been multiple reports of this, and if that's one of those people, I'd be sad too.

A genuine apology, then, for jumping to the wrong conclusion and jumping on you about it!

fredoric1001
12-07-2014, 12:55 AM
I find it very hard to believe that Unity was so bad on release given all the crap people are saying about the state of the game now. Unity is no different to any of the past ACs. I have had no more bugs than any of the others & the framerate isn't any worse than in AC3. Yes, I think it needs some improvements (just like the rest of the games did), but all this complaining is annoying me. Unity is the best AC I've ever played, so I think people are just complaining this much to spite Ubi.

I'm realy sorry to annoying you. you'r lucky if you didn't encounter a real bug.

Personaly my game start but crash when loading my save if I'm connected to the PSN
So i can only play offline (for the moment), but no Coop-mission, no Iniciates, no compagnon app or even Uplay etc....

So Unity is different to any other AC befor because of 50% of this game use online feature and isn't effective... and i'm not the only one in this case, it's a common bug on all the support, PC/PS4/Xbox

Why here if your game works ? Just enjoy it and stop annoying people in real trubble if don't know what you are talking about !!

Pr0metheus 1962
12-07-2014, 12:59 AM
Unity is no different to any of the past ACs. I have had no more bugs than any of the others...

That's just plain BS. I've played every Assassin's Creed game on the day they were released and none of them - not even AC3 - had this many bugs. Also, in almost every other aspect except the city, the game itself is worse than any of the others.

Kayewla
12-07-2014, 01:52 AM
That's just plain BS. I've played every Assassin's Creed game on the day they were released and none of them - not even AC3 - had this many bugs. Also, in almost every other aspect except the city, the game itself is worse than any of the others.

I have also played every Assassin's Creed game on their respective release dates. But I've seen very few bugs, even in Unity. I'm also enjoying the story very much so far, which I know you don't. Funny that, how experiences and opinions can differ.

GoldenBoy9999
12-07-2014, 01:56 AM
A genuine apology, then, for jumping to the wrong conclusion and jumping on you about it!

Apology accepted, friend.

I don't think Sly is lying for no reason. I, him, and possibly some others have had little problems with the game. I do believe you guys that are saying the game is very glitchy. Some people's game may act differently and have more glitches than others. I tend to have bad luck in real life, so maybe I get good luck with games. :p

STDlyMcStudpants
12-07-2014, 02:33 AM

And Superman sucks. :D

Lol, yes they do. People can tend to gang together on things, especially on the internet and games. I'm simply pointing out that I've experienced worse bugs in AC4 or any other AC game. I'm also tired of reviewers saying that a game's bugs are so bad they have to give it horrible review scores and lose enjoyment with the game.

If 1 person has a good time with a game, that's enough and others have clearly had a great time. :rolleyes:

1. Superman is the greatest hero of all time next to Jesus.
2. Not a single review I heard or read gave marks against unity for its bugs....
There is only one game recently where bugs were used against the game to harshly effect its score and I agree it was BS and that game is LittleBigPlanet 3

Assassin_M
12-07-2014, 02:59 AM
That is a long time.....I might have forgotten about Unity by then :/

DanPenfold
12-07-2014, 03:09 AM
8 weeks is not that long to wait. Just think it will be 7 weeks left next Sunday.

Assassin_M
12-07-2014, 03:11 AM
8 weeks is not that long to wait.
It kind of is. I mean, I bought Unity on release date and then returned it a couple of weeks later because of all the internet BS and frame rate. I thought i'd buy it again by thanksgiving but by next year? I have other priorities, not like there aren't any other games that are coming out.

SlyTrooper
12-07-2014, 03:58 AM

How can you expect me to believe what you're saying if I haven't encountered that many bugs? Also, it's unfair to say that the game is worse than the others when that is all based on opinion. So no, this isn't just "plain BS". And just as you are allowed to express your opinion (like you've been aggressively doing for a while now), I am also allowed to express mine.

Assassin_M
12-07-2014, 03:59 AM
How can you expect me to believe what you're saying if I haven't encountered that many bugs? Also, it's unfair to say that the game is worse than the others when that is all based on opinion. So no, this isn't just "plain BS". And just as you are allowed to express your opinion (like you've been aggressively doing for a while now), I am also allowed to express mine.
Ignore list....truly. No one has ever been as deserving of that place.

GoldenBoy9999
12-07-2014, 04:23 AM
1. Superman is the greatest hero of all time next to Jesus.
2. Not a single review I heard or read gave marks against unity for its bugs....
There is only one game recently where bugs were used against the game to harshly effect its score and I agree it was BS and that game is LittleBigPlanet 3

Sorry about what I said before. I was in a bad mood.

About the bugs, I'm sure you or anyone else has seen the people complain on these forums about the bugs and how they're game breaking or just bad. If you want to see reviewers mention bugs, just go to Unity's PS4 metacrtic page and look at the previews of the review. This article by Andrew Reiner says that the game is fun but the bugs keep him from enjoying it. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/11/28/top-50-challenge-2014-assassin-s-creed-unity.aspx But if you haven't seen reviewers complain about it, that's okay.

Ignore list....truly. No one has ever been as deserving of that place.

Who, Sly or Pr0metheus?

Assassin_M
12-07-2014, 04:29 AM
Who, Sly or Pr0metheus?
Pr0m

topeira1980
12-07-2014, 08:55 AM
can someone tell me why OP got the idea that the patch will be release by the end of december? from that video on 56:30 and from the live blog it just says "soon" which is not necessarily "december". i guess i missed something so i'd like to know where the info came from....

stevenomes
12-07-2014, 04:56 PM
We have RIGHTS, as consumers, to expect products we buy to do what they're supposed to do. The key concept here is RIGHT; it pains me to no end to see the popular buzzword 'entitlement', etc., eviscerate this concept, trivialize it, belittle it, and so on -- whoever put this "omg your so entited, deal with it" business into circulation knew what they were doing very well.

Besides, asking for one's rights isn't an 'emotional reaction' either -- sure, a breach in one's rights might drive a person mad, but asking for one's rights works at a level different from the personal & the emotional, it's a matter of asking that the RULES of the game, in this case a commercial transaction, be observed; those 'rules' find their justification, ultimately, in laws that allow us to live as free citizens, NOT in what-gratifies-whom.

Companies will CHEAT, as long as they can get away with it -- it's up to us, yeah, people bickering about their RIGHTS, to keep them in line.

And you also see here, how dangerous this whole business of 'fandom', and 'loyalty', and other *supposed* 'sentimental' ties between companies and consumers; they're promoted to obscure the notion that as consumers, we have rights.

I have all the gratitude and admiration in the world, for the individual people working at ubisoft who labored hard to produce this game, but I do not owe an ounce of gratitude, or love, or any other emotional BS relation to 'ubisoft the company' as such.

all the matters to most game companies game sales. the only way to end the culture is to stop pre-ordering or buying the games on release. now with AC it was justified because we based our decision on past ubi games and prior company performance. I dont know about you but for me it is, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I'm not pre-ordering the next game. ill wait to hear some of the opinions of others and if it is still really buggy im better off waiting until some of that gets resolved before dropping $60 on it.
Companies will not stop rushing games or releasing unfinished (patch it later) or even worse deliberately cutting out portions of game to sell later as DLC; unless the feel like it will affect sales. Some companies wont do this but the bigger ones will. it is a business.

M4EOzzy
12-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Absolutely agreed. I am completely bewildered by all the posts I see by people taking Ubi's defense and accusing others of just complaining too much. It's astounding. I've played every AC game, most of them both on console and PC. AC3 comes nowhere close to the technical mess that is Unity. Other than design, as in, they city, Unity is a unpolished mess across the board. And that's EXCLUDING glitches and bugs. Unity, like the heads of so many Frenchman in game, should be held aloft as a symbol to the entire industry of why preordering games should stop.

Make no mistake, I'm a diehard AC fan, that's what makes what happened all the more disappointing. The apologists though, I just don't get it.