PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Season Pass Holders - Free Game OR Unity UNLOCKED?

similarly
12-06-2014, 12:54 AM
Season Pass Holders, would you rather have one of the five games offered by Ubisoft, or would you rather that Ubisoft COMPLETELY unlock Unity for Season Pass holders?

By completely unlock, here's what I mean:
1. All chests AND missions currently locked behind the clunky and rather bland COMPANION APP will be unlocked.
2. All golden chests locked by the poorly synchronizing Initiates website will be unlocked.
3. All legendary gear locked behind the non-existent CLUB COMPETITIONS will be unlocked, free and upgraded.
4. All future DLC.

As well, for the icing on the cake, a bonus of Skill Points, Creed Points and hack points to help us on our way.

Currently, Ubisoft is offering these games:
Watch Dogs
AC IV
Far Cry 4
Rayman Legends
Just Dance 2015
The Crew

Here's my problem (and I know I'm not alone): I ALREADY HAVE watch dogs, ACIV and FC4. I'm not terribly interested, to be honest, in Rayman Legends or Just Dance 2015, and while The Crew might be my choice of the three, it's probably not a game I would have bought. I'm not really into racing games and I'm worried about the microtransaction nonsense.

So given a choice, I'd rather just have them completely unlock Unity for me so I can have fun playing the game I bought.

Now, I know this will 99% probably never happen. However, if YOU had a choice, what would you want?

Nocturnal626
12-06-2014, 12:58 AM
I would want the crew. AC is so broken and unplayable im mad just looking at the game knowing i was stupid enough to purchase it. For me the free game is the only reason i would think of even purchasing another ubisoft title. Never again will i play or buy another AC game. Getting treated like this is unacceptable and more and more companys are doing so. as in releasing a game clearly not ready and then keeping us in the dark about progress on the patches or an ETA for the "Free game" we are getting sense we OBVIOUSLY did not get the game we payed for. Honestly i would much rather get a refund than any of these options but of course i will never get that no matter how hard i try.

M4EOzzy
12-06-2014, 01:04 AM
I suppose the choice would be nice, but the unlocking of Unity doesn't necesarily mean the game works. At this point, I find it hard to even play the game, It's so littered with bugs, but that isn't the worst part. Bugs are unintentional, they're not SUPPOSED to be there. The fact that they allowed the locking of the game, the app, the helix points, initiates, club competitions, is just mind boggling. Someone actually thought it was a good idea, or at least a good way to squeeze extra money out of gamers. Every time one of those features shows itself in the game, it's really kind of gross feeling. So no, for me, I don't really want "more unity." Ideally I'd get a refund, but as it is, I'd just rather play something else.

nonamename1
12-06-2014, 03:35 AM
I don't think they owe anyone a thing. If you can't get it to work on your PC it's your fault.

Except for the few real rare game stopping bugs.

that's just my opinion though.

M4EOzzy
12-06-2014, 04:37 AM
I don't think they owe anyone a thing. If you can't get it to work on your PC it's your fault.

Its certainly your opinion, and mine would be you're completely wrong. Not only that, but even Ubisoft would disagree with you, hence making the DLC free, and offering a free game, some brand new, due to the issues. So clearly, Ubi believes they owe us something. Not every bug has to be game breaking to make it an unpleasant, painful experience to play. To blame the user, in this case...I have assume you're just trolling, because the alternative, well, it's hard to imagine someone actually believing what your saying.

Marco171084
12-06-2014, 04:40 AM
This poll is simply STUPID.
If you already own all those games it's your problem.
Don't be selfish.
AC Unity stuff is something you can already unlock if you want to, it's not even important neither game changing what you get from these chests etc.
A recent free game is entirely another thing and a way better option.

delimontana
12-06-2014, 06:34 AM
ugh close this thread and put it in a box and store it in the attic...

even if i had all the games they are offering, why the h*ll would i want ubisoft to complete gameplay for me? i'd rather they fixed the issues you mention which will result in more gameplay with something to look forward to instead of just getting all the gear for nothing.

In this particular area i think ubisoft has really managed to balance a fairly fast paced stealth/action game with rpg influences even though gear and character skills could be abit more comprehensive as an rpg. i think it gives both variation and a sense of achievability to progress without it being handed to you too easily.

BurnedRook
12-06-2014, 07:42 AM

You mean bugs like random 5s+ freezes... or perhaps when they delete my save and synch that to my PC? Yeah, that's my fault. Since I have the hardware to run it fine, I'm going to go ahead and set the blame at Ubi's feet on this one.

similarly
12-06-2014, 08:30 AM
This poll is simply STUPID.
If you already own all those games it's your problem.
Don't be selfish.
AC Unity stuff is something you can already unlock if you want to, it's not even important neither game changing what you get from these chests etc.
A recent free game is entirely another thing and a way better option.

I certainly won't argue with you about the poll being STUPID, but how is it selfish? That's ridiculous. I'm just asking people what they think.

As for "you can already unlock [it] if you want to": Not really. There ARE no club competitions, so how can I unlock all that legendary gear?

ugh close this thread and put it in a box and store it in the attic...

even if i had all the games they are offering, why the h*ll would i want ubisoft to complete gameplay for me? i'd rather they fixed the issues you mention which will result in more gameplay with something to look forward to instead of just getting all the gear for nothing.

In this particular area i think ubisoft has really managed to balance a fairly fast paced stealth/action game with rpg influences even though gear and character skills could be abit more comprehensive as an rpg. i think it gives both variation and a sense of achievability to progress without it being handed to you too easily.

Yeah, I'd agree that FIXING it would be better, but how likely do you think that is? I don't see any signs they have any plans to do that, do you? And if they aren't going to fix it, at least I'd like them to stop locking content by things that either don't work or don't exist.

Anykeyer
12-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Is free game + fixed initiates/companion too much to ask? :rolleyes:

TR.Misterscruff
12-06-2014, 09:38 AM

Do you by any chance work for them ? Got to say this is the most ridiculous reply I've read in a long time !

CorMorkai
12-06-2014, 10:31 AM
I also own all the games they are offering that would interest me, so on the compensation side for ME nothing is going to happen, but that's my fault for buying them I guess.
I own Unity on PC and tested it out, I can run it in good performance but am waiting for at least initiates to be fixed (have every game at 100%).

I would like them to built in a switch to at least deactivate all stuff relating to the companion app and enabling me to get those chests. (these whole Heat Map Data mining is surely perfomance 'enhancing' and we all need this soooo much).
That same option could be used for initiates, so that everybody that has a struggle with these systems could play the game and unlock 100%, for OCD reasons - which they can't if theses systems are not working - I think some User are pretty happy to be Beta testers but not all.
I know I can play the game without opening the blue and yellow ones, but It annoys me to let them sit there.
Also if fear that this companion App + Microtransaction we are now seeing is kinda testing us out how far they could milk us in the future, so I would like them to know that these Freemium nonsense and microtransaction Cashgrabbing methods is going in the wrong direction from my point of view. I think we can agree on that we all don't wanna end up like
OOoooooh you died, did you wanna continue in 5 minutes or pay 100 [edit] helix credits to carry on now? Share this to 1000 of your friends (yeah only the closest ones) to unlock a super exclusive mission.

The way they used the Extra Screen in Black Flag was better, because it was optional and didn't messed everything up, no synch problems no lost progress etc.
I could also used it on my VITA that I bought for Liberation only, so yeah I'm a AC fan.

sry for the walloftext and swearing in the first revision of this text - but my anger about this avoidable problems and the fear for the future of the franchise kinda made me loose my manners a sec.
Please no more Paywalls apart from Season Pass and stop the timeblocking methods in your freemium addons, it's not immersive at all.

similarly
12-06-2014, 11:37 AM
OOoooooh you died, did you wanna continue in 5 minutes or pay 100 [edit] helix credits to carry on now? Share this to 1000 of your friends (yeah only the closest ones) to unlock a super exclusive mission.

lol. Don't give them ideas.

However, I do feel that Ubisoft is good at listening to people's ideas. Before this "free game" offer, I remember there was a thread here on the forums suggesting it, and I've wondered if they got the idea from that thread.

Mr_Shade
12-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Please remember not to bypass the swear filter please guys..

Girgante
12-06-2014, 12:25 PM

I think you should never share your opinion again. 3 patches in a few weeks - with the 3rd one containing 300 fixes - show that it is Ubisoft's fault for releasing an unfinished game.

jeffies04
12-06-2014, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't call your poll stupid, it's a valid opinion. I think the free game is a more genuine offer than just unlocking the content, though. With MAYBE the exception of the companion app stuff, the items are meant to be earned through gameplay.

I have most the games, so I'll probably choose The Crew. I've never been overly enthusiastic about driving/racing games but it looks pretty cool, so if they're going to give it to me I'll take it.

medavroog
12-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Since I already own all those games they are offering, I had to vote the other selection - unlock unity​.

strigoi1958
12-07-2014, 02:10 AM
I think the poll should have Added 50% discount off Rogue or any game in 2015

similarly
12-07-2014, 03:55 AM
A possibility somebody mentioned in the console forums was, I thought, a great idea:

perhaps as an alternative to initiates, the companion app and the still nonexistent club competitions, perhaps they could tie the rewards to missions or heists. For example, you complete a particular heist, you get a key that unlocks a blue or yellow chest. Or better yet, in Eagle Vision you have a guard who shows up in gold during a mission or heist and you have to STEAL the key to the chest.

In the other thread, the person's suggestion was that you could have special heist missions where the legendary goods would be Templar stuff you stole. That way would actually have a CHALLENGE.

I like that idea way more than just having stuff unlocked because it would feel like a reward for doing something.

So my advice to Ubisoft would be that they don't have to get rid of initiates, the companion app or the club competitions, but maybe allow an alternate challenge for us to get those things.

Bahjabroni
12-07-2014, 04:28 AM
Here's my problem (and I know I'm not alone): I ALREADY HAVE watch dogs, ACIV and FC4. I'm not terribly interested, to be honest, in Rayman Legends or Just Dance 2015, and while The Crew might be my choice of the three, it's probably not a game I would have bought. I'm not really into racing games and I'm worried about the microtransaction nonsense.

Why would you give up a free game for in game BS in a game that may not ever be completely fixed to be unlocked? And on top of that, all of the Unity stuff you call to be unlocked is FREE to unlock with the silly app/Initiates. Really? In game money and items means more to you than a whole other game? Thats all you get from the chests. You already ARE getting all future DLC from owning the season pass. Including Dead Kings AND AC China + any future DLC which was explained in the most recent updates. Just like Black Flag, there is only going to be one major story expansion and you're already getting it. So in essence, you're offering to give up a free game for IN GAME money and items that are behind locked chests, which are already free to unlock once they get everything working properly.

Even if you're "not into" a racing game, this gives you a chance to try it. And why are you "worried" about microtransaction nonsense? Unity is full of it and there's an easy way to avoid it - ignore it and don't purchase any of it. Its not a pay to win game anyway and most of the microtransactions are for cosmetic stuff. And even if you hate it, it was free.

Also, Rayman Legends is an excellent game espc if someone enjoys platformers. Its not at all made as just for children. Its also an extremely deep game with tons of levels and is a real challenge. Its probably the best reviewed game of Ubisoft's over the last 2 years. You should go watch some videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36QaROMJqU4) of it and read the reviews (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-26-rayman-legends-review), they're almost all positive.

I get that there are going to be a few people disappointed NO MATTER WHAT b/c they either own all of the games that are being offered or they refuse to try to something new, but c'mon. What you're suggesting is a disservice to those that are eagerly anticipating the free game.

Bahjabroni
12-07-2014, 05:05 AM
I also own all the games they are offering that would interest me, so on the compensation side for ME nothing is going to happen.

Sure there is.

Here's what you do: You try one of the games that you're not interested in. Maybe you'll find you like it, maybe you won't. But the compensation IS there.

similarly
12-07-2014, 05:31 AM
Why would you give up a free game for in game BS in a game that may not ever be completely fixed to be unlocked? And on top of that, all of the Unity stuff you call to be unlocked is FREE to unlock with the silly app/Initiates. Really? In game money and items means more to you than a whole other game? Thats all you get from the chests. You already ARE getting all future DLC from owning the season pass. Including Dead Kings AND AC China + any future DLC which was explained in the most recent updates. Just like Black Flag, there is only going to be one major story expansion and you're already getting it. So in essence, you're offering to give up a free game for IN GAME money and items that are behind locked chests, which are already free to unlock once they get everything working properly.

Even if you're "not into" a racing game, this gives you a chance to try it. And why are you "worried" about microtransaction nonsense? Unity is full of it and there's an easy way to avoid it - ignore it and don't purchase any of it. Its not a pay to win game anyway and most of the microtransactions are for cosmetic stuff. And even if you hate it, it was free.

Also, Rayman Legends is an excellent game espc if someone enjoys platformers. Its not at all made as just for children. Its also an extremely deep game with tons of levels and is a real challenge. Its probably the best reviewed game of Ubisoft's over the last 2 years. You should go watch some videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36QaROMJqU4) of it and read the reviews (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-26-rayman-legends-review), they're almost all positive.

I get that there are going to be a few people disappointed NO MATTER WHAT b/c they either own all of the games that are being offered or they refuse to try to something new, but c'mon. What you're suggesting is a disservice to those that are eagerly anticipating the free game.

Why would I give up a free game? Because rather than have one more game I'm not interested in, I'd rather have more content for a game I AM interested in? It's about enjoyment over monetary value.

I don't really see how this is a "disservice to those that are eagerly anticipating the free game." Why the hysterical hyperbole? Relax. It's just a question.

Bahjabroni
12-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Why would I give up a free game? Because rather than have one more game I'm not interested in, I'd rather have more content for a game I AM interested in? It's about enjoyment over monetary value.

I don't really see how this is a "disservice to those that are eagerly anticipating the free game." Why the hysterical hyperbole? Relax. It's just a question.

But what "content" beyond cosmetics are you actually getting with your suggestion? Does Arno wearing Ezio's clothes give you that much more gameplay? I could understand your suggestion if it actually provided depth to the gameplay.

From your list:

1. There are no missions locked behind chests. It's items or money.
2. Again, its cosmetic items and in game money.
3. More cosmetics.
4. You already are getting all future DLC.

So cosmetic items/in game money to purchase more cosmetics are more valuable to you than an opportunity to broaden your gaming horizons a bit at no extra charge? Hey, Ubi should take you up on the offer since you're basically asking for nothing, its just ridiculous IMO.

Its a disservice because it gives companies the idea that people (even if few) are easily placated when sold a not fully functioning product. There's nothing hysterical about it.

Phoenix_Blood
12-07-2014, 07:21 AM
I don't care about stupid chests , stupid gear, multiplayer sucks, companion sucks initiates suck, everything surrounding the game sucks. The microtransactions are a joke.. it's like the devs are telling us : Warning don't buy this **** they threatened us to put it in the game.

If you have OCD and want 100% it's your problem. but i can understand your frustration.

try asking ubisoft if they can give you a second copy to give to a friend

similarly
12-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Actually, there ARE missions that are unlocked by the companion app. They are assassination missions. Short, it's true, but still missions.

Anykeyer
12-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Actually, there ARE missions that are unlocked by the companion app. They are assassination missions. Short, it's true, but still missions.

I rate them all with 1 or 2 stars. I suggest everyone do the same if you dont want to see crap like this in Victory.

DanonMight
12-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Very difficult game for completionist that want to immerse himself in the game. I would definitely pick Unlocking the game couse app and companions are nice but they are nothing but a distraction from the actual game, and game itself feels like sliced in my eyes. I am so worried what Is waiting for us in new AC.

Green_Reaper
12-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Honestly I rather have both the free game and a "unlocked" ACU where content that was locked by companion app and multiplayer requirement are made available. For unlocking the content I don't see it as a problem to do so, because you don't have to pay to get them anyways. It's also that many of the technical issues associated with them, and the fact that pretty much no one wants to deal with the app (because they want to play ACU not some mobile app game) makes it a good reason to just get rid of the damn restrictions. All of that content should have been available from the start, technically we paid for it.

As for the "free game", I think anyone who paid for the season pass is obviously entitled to something of equal value. So the choice of a game from a selected list isn't actually "free". Having unlocked content instead doesn't count, because as I mentioned before, technically we already paid for that.

Bahjabroni
12-07-2014, 10:21 PM

lol and thats enough for you to pass up a free game? Suit yourself, but man.

Bahjabroni
12-07-2014, 10:26 PM
As for the "free game", I think anyone who paid for the season pass is obviously entitled to something of equal value. So the choice of a game from a selected list isn't actually "free". Having unlocked content instead doesn't count, because as I mentioned before, technically we already paid for that.

While this is true, its not entirely true. The retail value of these games offered all exceed the price of the season pass, so if you want to be nitpicky, yes you are basically getting one of these games for at most 50% off (The Crew, Far Cry 4). I know Rayman is cheaper and I dont care to even look at Just Dance. I think Watch Dogs is also 59.99 but its been on sale a lot lately.

But let's not forget, season pass purchasers are STILL getting the Season Pass material, you're still getting what you "paid for" in that respect. The only difference now is that Dead Kings is given to all who own Unity.

- AC China is a standalone game that will likely be retail cost of 14.99 - 19.99 for those who dont have the season pass or anyone else who wants it.
- Dead Kings is obviously free to all who own Unity now so its basically part of the game
- Whatever else they decide to put into Unity

It really is a helluva offer. If you paid 29.99 for the Season Pass, you are getting a AAA game and an entirely new Assassins Creed game (China) for that price + any DLC thats coming for it. It works out % wise to be a lot more than 50% off depending on what game you choose.

Green_Reaper
12-07-2014, 10:39 PM
While this is true, its not entirely true. The retail value of these games offered all exceed the price of the season pass, so if you want to be nitpicky, yes you are basically getting one of these games for at most 50% off (The Crew, Far Cry 4). I know Rayman is cheaper and I dont care to even look at Just Dance. I think Watch Dogs is also 59.99 but its been on sale a lot lately.

But let's not forget, season pass purchasers are STILL getting the Season Pass material, you're still getting what you "paid for" in that respect. The only difference now is that Dead Kings is given to all who own Unity.

- AC China is a standalone game that will likely be retail cost of 14.99 - 19.99 for those who dont have the season pass or anyone else who wants it.
- Dead Kings is obviously free to all who own Unity now so its basically part of the game
- Whatever else they decide to put into Unity

It really is a helluva offer. If you paid 29.99 for the Season Pass, you are getting a AAA game and an entirely new Assassins Creed game (China) for that price + any DLC thats coming for it. It works out % wise to be a lot more than 50% off depending on what game you choose.

True. I do recognize the literal values of it all but in the end I really want to get something worthy out of the 30 bucks I spent. If not, they sure as heck need to refund me.

Bahjabroni
12-08-2014, 02:55 AM
True. I do recognize the literal values of it all but in the end I really want to get something worthy out of the 30 bucks I spent. If not, they sure as heck need to refund me.

They won't. My advice to you is seriously consider one of the games that are on offer even if you feel you may not like it. Many people are going to pass on Rayman because its seemingly a kid's game, but its much more than that and has a lot of gameplay to it. If you at all like classic platforming games and stuff like Sonic/Mario etc, Rayman is in that vein.

similarly
12-08-2014, 04:01 AM
I actually have no problem with "kids' games". There are a lot of so-called "kids' games" that were inventive and fun. There are times when I enjoy putting away the dramatic, serious games and playing something that's just light-hearted fun. In fact, I considered "just dance" for that reason.

Rayman Legends has gotten good reviews and I'm sure it's a great game: I'm just not much for platforming games. I have a few I like, but I'm generally not very good at them.

Probably, of the three games I don't have, I'm most interested in The Crew. The Crew looks like a really awesome game, and while I'm not really into racing games, it's the game I'm most interested in and most willing to give a try.

For a long time, I stayed away from any kind of multi-player games, but my positive experiences with Unity have made me much more open to playing with others.

A lot of people on this thread have given really persuasive and detailed reasons for what they want and why, and I really appreciate that. It's given me a lot to think on.

I think it's quite generous of Ubisoft to offer us a free game, and I'll happily accept that offer.

In other news:
Initiates is now completely synced.
The companion app could be better, but it works and it doesn't take up so much of MY time (even if the missions take 18+ hours).

The only thing I wish they would do is hurry up with the Club Competitions.

nonamename1
12-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Its certainly your opinion, and mine would be you're completely wrong. Not only that, but even Ubisoft would disagree with you, hence making the DLC free, and offering a free game, some brand new, due to the issues. So clearly, Ubi believes they owe us something. Not every bug has to be game breaking to make it an unpleasant, painful experience to play. To blame the user, in this case...I have assume you're just trolling, because the alternative, well, it's hard to imagine someone actually believing what your saying.

Yes, I do believe it, lol. The game was patched extremely quickly.

Maybe it can be more optimized and run a bit better, but my experience with it has been awesome on my GTX 780. I've had to turn off soft shadows, and play at 1080p, but the f'in graphics in this game blow me away.

I was standing in front of some store that had a lot of old wood on it's structure and it had a sheen to it as if it was polished. At the right angle, it looked absolutely real. I mean like a real photograph.

I'm also playing Shadow of Mordor, and while that game is freaking amazing, and I do love the graphics in it (especially the Orc animations and models) the graphics DO NOT compare to this games. This games graphics are on the next level.

nonamename1
12-08-2014, 06:42 PM
They won't. My advice to you is seriously consider one of the games that are on offer even if you feel you may not like it. Many people are going to pass on Rayman because its seemingly a kid's game, but its much more than that and has a lot of gameplay to it. If you at all like classic platforming games and stuff like Sonic/Mario etc, Rayman is in that vein.

I played Rayman on my phone and loved it. It's worth it for the music alone.

M4EOzzy
12-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Yes, I do believe it, lol. The game was patched extremely quickly.

Maybe it can be more optimized and run a bit better, but my experience with it has been awesome on my GTX 780. I've had to turn off soft shadows, and play at 1080p, but the f'in graphics in this game blow me away.

I was standing in front of some store that had a lot of old wood on it's structure and it had a sheen to it as if it was polished. At the right angle, it looked absolutely real. I mean like a real photograph.

I'm also playing Shadow of Mordor, and while that game is freaking amazing, and I do love the graphics in it (especially the Orc animations and models) the graphics DO NOT compare to this games. This games graphics are on the next level.
So, while I'm talking about bugs and glitches, your response is basically, "It's fine, because it's pretty." No one is arguing how good the game looks. It's a stunner, no argument. But how it runs, how it performs, that's something else entirely. Your example of standing still in front of a store and looking at the wood is not exactly a testament to the stability and polish of the game. I have a gtx 980 4gb, and Ive turned down the res to 900p just to get an acceptable frame rate. Shadows on high, FXAA, and with that I still average 45fps, often dropping into the low 30s.

Bugs aside, the game is littered with polish issues. The LoD issues, citizen spawning/clothing, parkour/stealth/cover jankiness, the constant "drop in" affect on hair and clothing during cutscenes, the recurrent random 5-10 second freezes, sometimes after 30min, sometimes after 2min.

For anyone that's played the game and not experienced the litany of issues, well, you're lucky. For me, and a lot of others, it's impossible to ignore. If you can get the game to run at all.

Shadow of Mordor maybe can't compare to some of the visuals (the orcs with ultra textures are close to photo real themselves), Mordor is an extremely polished package. In my 100% play through not a single complaint in terms of bugs or glitches. I'll take that any day even over the most beautiful of games.

nonamename1
12-08-2014, 08:22 PM
So, while I'm talking about bugs and glitches, your response is basically, "It's fine, because it's pretty." No one is arguing how good the game looks. It's a stunner, no argument. But how it runs, how it performs, that's something else entirely. Your example of standing still in front of a store and looking at the wood is not exactly a testament to the stability and polish of the game. I have a gtx 980 4gb, and Ive turned down the res to 900p just to get an acceptable frame rate. Shadows on high, FXAA, and with that I still average 45fps, often dropping into the low 30s.

Bugs aside, the game is littered with polish issues. The LoD issues, citizen spawning/clothing, parkour/stealth/cover jankiness, the constant "drop in" affect on hair and clothing during cutscenes, the recurrent random 5-10 second freezes, sometimes after 30min, sometimes after 2min.

For anyone that's played the game and not experienced the litany of issues, well, you're lucky. For me, and a lot of others, it's impossible to ignore. If you can get the game to run at all.

I can't help, I mean really, believe somehow you're just lying. You really can't get the game to work, seriously?

I just find that hard to believe.

Yes, on my 780 if I use fraps I get an average of 57 FPS near notre dame with 1080p, fxaa aa, and high shadows. It does drop to low 40's at times. The game play is fine, I wish I could run soft shadows though... (second 780 has been ordered, lol)

M4EOzzy
12-08-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm pretty sure I specifically said I could get the game to run "okay." But certainly not great. And even though I can run it, and play it, it doesn't take away from the bugs and glitches that ruin the enjoyment. What incentive would I, and everyone else have, to lie? I love the AC franchise, I preordered the Gold edition, I wanted nothing more than to have a good AC game. But I guess you're right, 4 patches later, free DLC, and a public apology from the CEO, game must running great for everyone, with just a few vocal complainers. /sarcasm

nonamename1
12-09-2014, 01:27 AM
I'm pretty sure I specifically said I could get the game to run "okay." But certainly not great. And even though I can run it, and play it, it doesn't take away from the bugs and glitches that ruin the enjoyment. What incentive would I, and everyone else have, to lie? I love the AC franchise, I preordered the Gold edition, I wanted nothing more than to have a good AC game. But I guess you're right, 4 patches later, free DLC, and a public apology from the CEO, game must running great for everyone, with just a few vocal complainers. /sarcasm

I mis-read what you said.

But I stand by what I said for those that are saying they cannot get it to run, I just don't believe they are being honest or that the game is causing the problem.

buzzjpu
12-09-2014, 04:22 AM
I mis-read what you said.

But I stand by what I said for those that are saying they cannot get it to run, I just don't believe they are being honest or that the game is causing the problem.

The fact that Ubisoft is willing to offer full price $60.00 games in Far Cry 4 and The Crew to those that bought the Season Pass would run against your statement. It would point to them knowing that they have royally screwed up. And probably don't even think they can actually properly fix the game. And are in full on CYA mode.

similarly
12-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Well. I just lost ALL of my companion app progress. So I'm giving up. How many hours did I spend farming that app in the hope I'd get a lousy outfit? How much time did I waste on a few francs here and there? What a waste!

JackienStephan
12-09-2014, 01:49 PM
I just want to know will the season pass be available in the future, after this "Offer". Though I pre-ordered the game in October, I recieved my game quite late so I did not buy the season pass, which made me miss this "Offer". If the season pass is still unavailable after the event, I will feel very angry, because that is not fair!:(

rubenetfoios
12-09-2014, 02:22 PM
same for me.. I'm not interested in Crew, Rayman or Just Dance. Maybe Watch Dogs, but I would not buy. Initiates and ClubCompetitions are still having issues..
The best solution is extend the list of choice games.

similarly
12-09-2014, 02:54 PM
same for me.. I'm not interested in Crew, Rayman or Just Dance. Maybe Watch Dogs, but I would not buy. Initiates and ClubCompetitions are still having issues..
The best solution is extend the list of choice games.

I agree!