PDA

View Full Version : For holders of season passes, will the free game be tradeable?

TheOnlySirAcid
12-05-2014, 08:23 PM
I know Ubi is planning to give games to holders of the Unity season pass. Unfortunately, I have all the games they're offering in which I have any interest at all.

Can I give the free game to my son? He's a big Far Cry fan and we'd both appreciate it.

Polder1
12-05-2014, 11:15 PM
This is the same problem for me, I have all the games except Rayman wich I don't want.
Or is there gonna be another choice like Rogue for PC or can I give a game I already own to my nephew?

kotletalv
12-06-2014, 12:09 AM
and when those games wiil be available? UBI promisssed update soon, but "soon" already 2 weeks

Nocturnal626
12-06-2014, 12:49 AM
It is apparent Ubisoft does not care and thinks we should all shut up cause they promised a free game. Im trying my hardest to play unity to kill time so i can get the crew and forget i ever wasted my money on this but i keep running into **** like this.http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/969401-Latest-Update-to-the-AC-Initiates-Platform/page3 Totally stuck in the air and cannot move. You have to completely exit the game and rejoin loosing any progress sense last save! What an amazing game i bought. im so happy with my purchase!

PhilyG213
12-06-2014, 01:58 AM
You guys do realize that making 6 games available for free and giving away a DLC for free isn't that easy and requires some time right??

Marco171084
12-06-2014, 04:52 AM
You guys do realize that making 6 games available for free and giving away a DLC for free isn't that easy and requires some time right??

Really?
Sending via mail a code to redeem your free game on ubishop is all that difficult?
didn't know...

MonkeySeeker
12-06-2014, 07:38 AM

Yeah there's no reason it should take that long. If this was Steam or even Origin people would have their games already.

Anykeyer
12-06-2014, 08:43 AM
They can give promo codes to redeem at ubishop at any time. I dont believe its a technical side that holds them. They just play a waiting game bc its a holiday sales season. Would not be surprised to get it only next year.

Bahjabroni
12-06-2014, 08:51 AM
They can give promo codes to redeem at ubishop at any time. I dont believe its a technical side that holds them. They just play a waiting game bc its a holiday sales season. Would not be surprised to get it only next year.

They could do that, and that would probably be the easiest way to do it, but if you read the fine print on the Update FAQ thing it specifically states the free game must be redeemed to the platform Unity was purchased. This brings up problems with Steam, as Ubi never has "Steam keys" available for their games as when buy a Ubi game third party, its always a uPlay key. I guess they could generate Steam keys, but who knows there. I have the uPlay version of Unity/season pass, so it doesnt apply to me.

The capped print on the FAQ thing also states that the game must be redeemed by March 15. IMO that could mean its available by December 15th, which would allow 3 months for redemption.

Cmon. Ubisoft is a huge studio. There's indie developers that give their games away all the time by the thousands. It does take time, I agree, but it doesnt take very long to do. IMO they're probably sitting on it in an effort to sell more of the games they have on offer.

and when those games wiil be available? UBI promisssed update soon, but "soon" already 2 weeks

Actually, no. It'll be 2 weeks on Wednesday. They announced the free game on 26 November. I do agree that 10 days is a long time for even an update. They haven't posted ANYTHING about the 4th patch or the free game since the 26th. This is what bothers me the most. The lack of communication is a real let down.

Mr_Shade
12-06-2014, 12:34 PM

It's not a simple task.

Ubisoft can't just send 'a code' - since items on the ubishop are different prices - plus, consoles can't download items from there - so they need a system that will work for all formats.

They also need a robust way of checking people own the season pass etc, which is quick and easy - and for console owners too ;)

All I can suggest is to keep an eye on the Live Update site - or here, for updates on how to claim.

TheOnlySirAcid
12-07-2014, 03:05 AM
So the answer to the question in the OP is, nobody knows yet?

Bahjabroni
12-07-2014, 07:36 AM
So the answer to the question in the OP is, nobody knows yet?

Pretty much, but I think its a safe bet that it wont be if going by the "fine print":

"FREE DLC AND FREE GAME AVAILABLE ON UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK. FREE GAME TO BE REDEEMED BY NO LATER THAN MARCH 15, 2015. LIMITED TO ONE OFFER PER PERSON. INTERNET CONNECTION AND ACCOUNT (UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK) REQUIRED TO USE/PLAY DOWNLOAD. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. PRODUCT SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. SPECIFIC LIST OF GAMES AVAILABLE FOR FREE MAY VARY PER COUNTRY AND PLATFORM. FREE GAME LIMITED TO PLATFORM ON WHICH ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY WAS INITIALLY PURCHASED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. YOU MUST MEET THE MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS, WHICH VARY BY COUNTRY, TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT. IN ADDITION, UBISOFT’S TERMS OF USE AS POSTED ON UBI.COM APPLY."

Spikey1989
12-07-2014, 12:21 PM
no offense dont u have a search function on you huge databse? and then only type in AC Unity seasson pass and it will pop out all username with email that own a season pass. then rest with format is a diffrent question but to check up who. should only take a day two tops.

medavroog
12-07-2014, 07:22 PM
It's not a simple task.

Ubisoft can't just send 'a code' - since items on the ubishop are different prices - plus, consoles can't download items from there - so they need a system that will work for all formats.

They also need a robust way of checking people own the season pass etc, which is quick and easy - and for console owners too ;)

All I can suggest is to keep an eye on the Live Update site - or here, for updates on how to claim.

I really hope we will be offered "game codes" that can be gifted away ... because I also already own the games offered as the compensation, and it will totally suck big time shall I unable to gift the offered game away ... after all, what am I supposed to do with two copies​ of the same game?

MenteAlina
12-07-2014, 11:30 PM
It's not a simple task.

They also feel with their explanation it is done. Sometimes I think so too . They give us to understand with cheap excuses. But so slow is the patience of the players at the end . I myself have no more understanding

And the good Lord intended with the news about Assassins Creed Victory !

You do not have enough to do with the error correction of ACU

It is currently just ridiculous as that provided the basis as part of Ubisoft

What I wish for this year. We at least get the DLC

Seibzz
12-08-2014, 12:42 AM

Errr..you were sarcastic....right?

Anyway, in any other company, for any other product: you get a faulty one, they swap it for a working new one or you get a refund. But since it's digital distribution and Ubisoft.... things are what they are for now, and people get legitimately upset.

TheOnlySirAcid
12-23-2014, 08:01 PM
I received a fully transferable Steam key for my free game. Thank you, Ubisoft, for making it possible for my son to enjoy Far Cry 4 - he likes it as much as I do.