PDA

View Full Version : Petition: REMOVE "CLUB COMPETITION" REQUIREMENTS FOR GEAR

RADAR__4077
12-05-2014, 02:33 AM
I would like to upgrade my assassin with a full set of legendary gear. I have the cash but the club competition requirement is holding me back. I currently do not have any friends who play this game to pair up with and I have been unable to find any clubs with competition wins. I have looked online and it appears the competition feature isn't even active yet.

I would simply like to play the game I paid hard earned money for without being held back by issues such as these.

If you agree speak up

I have been a fan of the series since game 1, but how the many issues with this game are handled will be noted when deciding whether or not to buy future titles.

Cactiii
12-05-2014, 03:35 AM
Agreed- at the very least they should make it so that there are singleplayer alternatives to get these costumes. I don't like to play coop because my friends don't have the game yet, so it's annoying seeing so many different outfits that are greyed out with 'play ___ coop mission' or 'play club competitions'.

Riku_Kurosaki15
12-05-2014, 03:46 AM
I agree as well, but did you have to double post this topic? One topic is enough.

RADAR__4077
12-05-2014, 04:03 AM
I agree as well, but did you have to double post this topic? One topic is enough.

Sorry bout that. I was posting from my phone and it went screwy on me and posted twice lol

Muzz1031
12-05-2014, 05:32 AM
I agree, in light of all the major glitches they should unlock all the outfits and be done with it.

LUR21
12-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Yes this. I would have much rathered this than free season pass.

ShadoeKat
12-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Agreed, I did get all of the stuff EXCEPT... I can't do The Tournement because of the first challenge... solo, I don't know if I can ever finish that in the time they give us... and to think even if I did, I'd have to play it possibly 2 more times to get all three pieces. Ugh.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-05-2014, 04:41 PM
I agree, in light of all the major glitches they should unlock all the outfits and be done with it.

I agree too. If they ever get it working, then they can lock out those items - heck, make us all work for them again at that time. But until then, having content unavailable simply because Ubisoft can't get its act together with multiplayer is just stupid.

RzaRecta357
12-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Yeah I was pretty disappointed I couldn't rock the exact outfit I wanted for the end of the game. I guess it's something to keep me coming back but I would of anyway because of the daily drills.

Just want my robes and bracers damnit. Don't even want to get a legendary chest piece since there are only two and they're UGGO.

LoyalACFan
12-05-2014, 06:07 PM
I thought I responded to this earlier :confused: Oh well, I totally agree OP. ALL of the on-disc locked content (including club competition, Initiates, and the app) is complete BS.

In fact, I think it might be a good idea to separate SP and MP again, so that SP play unlocks SP rewards, and MP play unlocks MP rewards. Makes more sense that way, and then nobody has to grind club competition to outfit their SP character with the best gear. And please just scrap the app and Initiates connectivity, it sucks and everyone hates it.

BoRgDRoneZ
12-05-2014, 06:17 PM
I would like to upgrade my assassin with a full set of legendary gear. I have the cash but the club competition requirement is holding me back. I currently do not have any friends who play this game to pair up with and I have been unable to find any clubs with competition wins. I have looked online and it appears the competition feature isn't even active yet.

I would simply like to play the game I paid hard earned money for without being held back by issues such as these.

If you agree speak up

I have been a fan of the series since game 1, but how the many issues with this game are handled will be noted when deciding whether or not to buy future titles.

I agree. My primary issue is with creed points. I find it ridiculous that I should be shoehorned into playing multiplayer if I want to unlock all skills. Playing with people who have no mics, don't strategize and steal kills should not be able to affect how I enjoy a series that in my opinion was better before the prominence of companion apps and multiplayer. The coop missions should be scaled down so that solo players can enjoy them and reap the rewards that come from completion.

fakmai
12-05-2014, 06:39 PM
+++ Signed.

Don't block our paid for content, especially when there are no competitions yet. Give us the opportunity to buy those items for ingame money! Unity is a singleplayer game with a coop mode aside. Don't force us to play multiplayer, grinding for CPs...

Also, I have not played the others ACs and without the daily quests it is almost impossible to level up Initiate. I don't want to use 500 elevators or throw 500 bombs just to get those last EPs...

xFallenSeraphx
12-05-2014, 06:46 PM
I've never bothered to comment on ubisoft forums, but I couldn't agree more with this. Signed

Now that all of my friends have sold the game back for others, being able to actually use the content I keep seeing in game would be nice. I feel like by the time most people would get this gear otherwise (through club competition, whenever that shows up), they wouldn't care to use it due to completing everything else in the game, making having the legendary gear kind of pointless.

Here's to hoping this is fixed soon so I can start playing Unity again. Can't stand the way my character looks currently.

LadyGahan
12-05-2014, 06:55 PM
I also agree. Having or being in a clan has merit for MP, been there done that. But having "clubs" (which is the same thing, basically) for a co-op in SP where there are several missions and nothing changes after that is pointless. There are missing options for a lot of higher level outfits that may or may not be available for "club competition" players only. That's not fair, I have no intentions of bothering to team up with other player fr longer than a couple of missions (with all due respect to other players. It is SINGLE player, not MULTI player). :nonchalance:

lsgnobody
12-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Sign me in. Stop, please stop punishing players that don't want to play online.
We pay you just as much and don't mess with your servers any more than they're already messed up...

beastrock18
12-05-2014, 08:55 PM
I also think the whole club competition issue should be addressed by Ubisoft in some way (as far as I can tell, there's been no comment since launch). For example, what do the (currently greyed out) prices of the gear mean? Will the equipment be available for purchase irrespective of whether you are part of a winning club once the club competitions are available? Or does your club need to win the competition and then you also have to pay the price?

More broadly, this is really annoying because it has been nearly a month since launch and due to this issue I can only access a couple pieces of legendary gear in each category. Essentially, this means that I have been wearing the same gear for a long stretch, thus rendering the whole purpose of customization fairly moot, because I am not going to equip gear that is going to significantly lower my stats just for a cosmetic change in appearance. Basically, as it stands now, there is almost no variety in legendary gear (just 2-3 different pieces per category) which is actually a serious detriment to the game, regardless of how you feel about online co-op.

wvstolzing
12-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Signed. This is absurd.

DespicableDeb
12-05-2014, 10:15 PM

If you agree speak up

All of my clan and friends have sold or traded in their game. I waited for so long for our AC group to get this game and play co-op and after all the glitches and problems they zipped through the story and then traded it in for dragon age or gtaV. Now I am clubless to work on these to unlock them. :(

RADAR__4077
12-06-2014, 12:07 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Tell all your friends to post on this thread.

Ubisoft, I understand technical issues can be very difficult to resolve, and I don't want to seem like a demanding customer, but you need to listen to your fan base. We all paid our hard earned money for what we trusted to be a finished product. Many, like myself, paid before the release date.

I ask that some sort of response be made on this thread, showing that our voices are heard, and something is being done to address the issue.

rrebe
12-06-2014, 12:44 AM
I watched the Ubi community stream of Unity on Twitch earlier and if I understood it correctly, UbiGabe said that club competitions should be up soon-ish/after patch 4 and that you will somehow be able to get the locked gear regardless of your participation in the club competitions. (Someone please correct me if I misunderstood it)

SolidSage
12-06-2014, 12:46 AM
AC has never had so much customization. I like the prospect of dedication leading to reward.

Too much of this "I want everything and I want it now" from younger generations. If you don't like social I guess you never got any of the MP upgrades. It's no different now except you do have an option to get everything for use in your sp game.
As far as coop missions, I've completed the tournament on my own. It's not like you don't get to heal. Lowering the challenge would suck, sp in coop is where the worthy challenge is.

As for whoever said "everyone hates the app", I don't, I enjoy it, and Initiates. You speak for yourself only, pretending you speak for everyone is just that, pretend.

When club competitions get going it'll be great to compete with other clans. Longevity.

SolidSage
12-06-2014, 12:48 AM
Not signed. It's absurd.

SixKeys
12-06-2014, 01:37 AM
AC has never had so much customization. I like the prospect of dedication leading to reward.

Too much of this "I want everything and I want it now" from younger generations. If you don't like social I guess you never got any of the MP upgrades. It's no different now except you do have an option to get everything for use in your sp game.
As far as coop missions, I've completed the tournament on my own. It's not like you don't get to heal. Lowering the challenge would suck, sp in coop is where the worthy challenge is.

As for whoever said "everyone hates the app", I don't, I enjoy it, and Initiates. You speak for yourself only, pretending you speak for everyone is just that, pretend.

When club competitions get going it'll be great to compete with other clans. Longevity.

The problem is that most of the social connectivity stuff still doesn't work properly, almost a month after release. Initiates is broken, the app is broken and club competitions have kept players away from content they already paid for with "Coming soon!" signs. We already did a slightly less egregious version of this dance in AC4 with the community events, and it was bollocks. Not enough players joined in the events when they were first introduced, meaning every event ended with "Sorry, the community did not reach the goal so you won't be getting your rewards". Later on they tweaked the participation requirements so low they might as well not have even bothered. Like "kill 2 guards this weekend". Wow, I feel so accomplished! It was certainly worth logging in for 5 minutes to receive this one figurehead for my ship. :rolleyes: And now, less than a year later, they've dropped support for AC4, so players who never got a chance to participate in the community events are SOL. Their games will still list the locked content, mockingly behind the command to "play community events to unlock this item" when they CAN'T.

It's not ungratefulness on part of the players. It's insolence on Ubisoft's part to lock away content the players already paid for and then make that content impossible to unlock because the platforms designed to unlock them DON'T WORK.

wvstolzing
12-06-2014, 01:45 AM
It's not ungratefulness on part of the players. It's insolence on Ubisoft's part to lock away content the players already paid for and then make that content impossible to unlock because the platforms designed to unlock them DON'T WORK.

Your so entitled. This is how a free markets work, deal with it.

SixKeys
12-06-2014, 01:49 AM
Your so entitled. This is how a free markets work, deal with it.

Are you trolling or being serious?

wvstolzing
12-06-2014, 01:53 AM
Are you trolling or being serious?

I thought the joke would be obvious. :(

SixKeys
12-06-2014, 01:58 AM
I thought the joke would be obvious. :(

I've seen so many unbelievable complaints on these forums lately, nothing surprises me anymore.

GoldenBoy9999
12-06-2014, 02:00 AM
I watched the Ubi community stream of Unity on Twitch earlier and if I understood it correctly, UbiGabe said that club competitions should be up soon-ish/after patch 4 and that you will somehow be able to get the locked gear regardless of your participation in the club competitions. (Someone please correct me if I misunderstood it)

That's cool if true. I have a problem with club competition, the tournament, and the likes because for some reason I can play AC4 MP and get 68 in the world, but I can't start a single match in Unity. I want to get the awesome content I paid for. If I could earn it I would, but I just can't. :(

LoyalACFan
12-06-2014, 02:12 AM

It's not about instant gratification, it's about getting the full extent of what we paid for. SixKeys is totally on point. But beyond that, I hate the fact that I have to grind online content with strangers to unlock gear for me to use offline. None of my friends have PS4s and hardly anyone on PSN uses mics, so any co-op I do is with randoms that it's impossible to strategize with. If there was a way of unlocking this stuff through offline play, then I'm fine with that, but as it is it's a very poor practice.

TahjaEstes
12-06-2014, 02:31 AM
I agree, because at this point I have a sinking suspicion that club competitions is never coming. They'll either have to push it back more because of all the connectivity, bug, and crashing issues people are having, they'll give up and scrap it, or by the time some of us (myself included) are actually able to play online again there won't be any point.

I'm sorry, Ubisoft, I'm just very disappointed in general between Unity's buggy release and continued issues getting online, even AFTER the last patch. It might be better to come up with some other sort of incentive for the club competitions at this point because I don't see people waiting around forever for that to come online (and at this point I don't even know if I'll be ABLE to participate when it DOES come online).

Pr0metheus 1962
12-06-2014, 03:48 AM
Too much of this "I want everything and I want it now" from younger generations.

Well, Granddad, I'm 52, and all I want is what I paid for, WHILE I'm interested in playing - not six months after I've grown bored with waiting.

IF club competitions get going, that will be true. But club competitions don't exist and there's no guarantee they ever will. I don't know about you, but when I pay $60 for a game, I expect ALL OF IT to work on launch day, not a month (or two, or six) later. Maybe money doesn't mean that much to you, but it sure means a lot to me. If I'd known that parts of the game wouldn't even be working AT ALL a month after launch, I would have waited for Unity to be in the bargain bin before I laid down my hard-earned cash.

RADAR__4077
12-06-2014, 05:57 AM
Well, Granddad, I'm 52, and all I want is what I paid for, WHILE I'm interested in playing - not six months after I've grown bored with waiting.

IF club competitions get going, that will be true. But club competitions don't exist and there's no guarantee they ever will. I don't know about you, but when I pay $60 for a game, I expect ALL OF IT to work on launch day, not a month (or two, or six) later. Maybe money doesn't mean that much to you, but it sure means a lot to me. If I'd known that parts of the game wouldn't even be working AT ALL a month after launch, I would have waited for Unity to be in the bargain bin before I laid down my hard-earned cash.

Exactly. I have no issue with working for gear. I actually find it quite rewarding. It is the simple fact that I bought an unfinished game when I could have spent my money elsewhere.

And now with talk about ac victory on the horizon makes me seriously doubt that assassin's creed will continue to have the quality that gave me the confidence to preorder this one. I would hate to see this series milked as bad as call of duty.

Sabutto
12-06-2014, 07:25 AM
Exactly. I have no issue with working for gear. I actually find it quite rewarding. It is the simple fact that I bought an unfinished game when I could have spent my money elsewhere.

And now with talk about ac victory on the horizon makes me seriously doubt that assassin's creed will continue to have the quality that gave me the confidence to preorder this one. I would hate to see this series milked as bad as call of duty.

Not even Call of duty leak there new games ONE MONTH after the last game. lol.

rrebe
12-06-2014, 01:19 PM
That's cool if true. I have a problem with club competition, the tournament, and the likes because for some reason I can play AC4 MP and get 68 in the world, but I can't start a single match in Unity. I want to get the awesome content I paid for. If I could earn it I would, but I just can't. :(

I went and checked if I got it right, at http://www.twitch.tv/assassinscreed/v/3588821 around 01:04:00 UbiGabe answers some questions about club competitions. About the participation in club competitions at 01:05:50.

Jackdaw951
12-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Agreed- at the very least they should make it so that there are singleplayer alternatives to get these costumes. I don't like to play coop because my friends don't have the game yet, so it's annoying seeing so many different outfits that are greyed out with 'play ___ coop mission' or 'play club competitions'.

Signed! I don't mind working for the gear, as long as that work doesn't require me to jump online for anything. I'm willing to let the companion-app and Initiates garbage go. Just give me a local path to all the gear.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-06-2014, 02:47 PM
I went and checked if I got it right, at http://www.twitch.tv/assassinscreed/v/3588821 around 01:04:00 UbiGabe answers some questions about club competitions. About the participation in club competitions at 01:05:50.

Is it just me, or does Ubigabe look embarrassed?

Not that anyone at Ubisoft shouldn't be embarrassed. If I worked there, I'd be mad as hell at whoever forced this game out before it was done (and I don't just mean before the bugs were fixed).

RinoTheBouncer
12-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Yes, please remove Club Competitions. We really donít need any more contents on the disc that rely on the mercy of someone else being online to unlock them.

YukiFA
12-06-2014, 03:11 PM
They should have just had weapons and gear unlocked through story progression, as it was in the previous games, or with assassin rank.

Of the friends that I regularly play online with only 6 other people got Unity. Four of them either don't play or returned the game because of the launch issues and the other two rushed through and finished the story. Obviously that makes organizing a club with friends problematic.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-06-2014, 03:31 PM
I don't know anyone who plays the game. Once Clubs gets going (if it ever does), I'm just going to join a club that shares my gaming style and that is fairly local (so as to - hopefully - reduce lag). My experience of online play so far is that there's very little griefing going on, so there's no real need to join a club of people I know.

Still, I think it's very important to have all game items available in offline mode. After all, in a few years only a very few people will still be interested in the game, and there may be no online play going on - heck, at the rate things are going, Ubisoft may not even exist. No game should make online necessary to get any part of a game. I even resent Xbox achievements for online play - and the requirement for online for 100% completion is a big part of why I don't have 100% completion of Brotherhood or AC3 (although to be honest, the fact that there's no co-op in those games plays a bigger role in that).

Kyler45
12-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Agreed.

MadDogg59
12-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Agree 100% I was so disappointed when I found out some content was locked behind club competition.

similarly
12-07-2014, 02:22 AM
I would have been happy to participate in Club Competitions, but I'm extremely disappointed that this feature STILL does not exist. They need to have an alternate way to get this equipment. I mean, why lock content behind club competitions if they're not going to take the time to actually create the feature? There are weapons and other equipment that would have been really useful to me during the campaign, and instead I had to use lesser equipment because this feature is locked. Extremely disappointed

RADAR__4077
12-07-2014, 03:26 AM
Thanks everyone for your support.
I would like to offer a solution that I think most people can agree on.

Change the requirements from club competitions to various heist missions.

Heist missions are accessible offline, tend to be more difficult so there is still a challenge to earn the items, and it would just make sense to raid a templar stash and find advanced weapons and clothing.

Assassin_M
12-07-2014, 03:43 AM
I would sign that petition one hundred times.

similarly
12-07-2014, 03:50 AM
Thanks everyone for your support.
I would like to offer a solution that I think most people can agree on.

Change the requirements from club competitions to various heist missions.

Heist missions are accessible offline, tend to be more difficult so there is still a challenge to earn the items, and it would just make sense to raid a templar stash and find advanced weapons and clothing.

That would be quite a cool idea. I think having a challenge would be far better than just receiving it. I would totally support that.

RADAR__4077
12-07-2014, 07:34 AM
So it's been a few days now... so far we have a lot of people in agreement, a couple that disagree, a link to a video I can't load for some reason, and I have suggested what I believe to be a fix that should make just about everyone happy...
I have had a little bit of time off work to play the game some more so maybe that's why I'm slightly more impatient.

I was hoping that by the time this thread hit 5 pages I would have had a moderator leave some sort of response, even just a short message saying something is being done.

Let's keep this thread at the top of the forum so more people will see it and share their opinions.

I just want some way of accessing the in game content I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR

stevenomes
12-07-2014, 07:40 AM
"I mean, why lock content behind club competitions if they're not going to take the time to actually create the feature?" this is so simple but brilliant!. i think Ubisoft is making a tactical error here. in the video (twitch stream someone posted in this thread) they claim they are trying to get the patch out first so the most users can enjoy the features they will release afterwards. ie: they want the game to work right so the club competition will be the best possible experience. however ive read somewhere that the patch is supposed to be out by the end of the year. i think at that point a lot of fans will have moved on. as much as most of us here have said we hate the fact that these items are locked behind the club competition, the more frustrating part is that we cannot actually try the club competitions. Sure it sucks that some of content is locked behind this feature, but that is not as bad as the feature itself not actually being available. club competition is the last interesting thing to do for some of the more hardcore players who have unlocked everything (except the legendary gear locked behind the club competitions!). at least unlock club comp. for people who are still playing the game. obviously if we are playing right now we are not having major issues. right now im just running around and unlocking chests, loading up the companion app every 10 minutes (it keeps crashing) and replaying a few of the story missions i didnt get 100 percent on. there isnt much else there to do. wish i could have had that gear when i was doing the stories...

Exiousa
12-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Just seems a little silly to not be able to access that gear via another means, like radar said maybe have heists as an alternative, but as I mentioned elsewhere I can't even find an active English speaking club, so there is no way I can unlock that gear solo, I'll just move onto a game that does reward players properly!!

Exiousa
12-08-2014, 03:59 AM
Check this link out guys, there is a petition page, roughly 300 more signatures for it to take effect, no idea if that is valid, but we have nothing to lose.

http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/2mktde/ubisoft_please_stop_locking_content_behind_uplay/

The8bitAsian
12-08-2014, 07:17 AM
I heard you will be able to unlock the requirements through other alternatives than club competition but not sure what though. It should come with the upcoming PATCH 4 or soon after.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-08-2014, 07:56 AM
This is basically a free to play game we paid $60 for lol...
The locked crap is bs.. the first dang chest i go to open in the game needs a companion app... 2nd one needs a companion app.. 3rd one needs initiats so i sign up really fast.. PULLS ME OUT OF THE GAME AND TAKES ME TO THE WEBSITE - wth lol
Im currently reviwing the game and the first 30 min of the game i have a perfect 10 in my head easily..then this.... then the combat :X
They are over complicating the series.... it reminds me a lot of Revelations which i like... but its just such an overwhelming game with no feeling of progression whatsoever

tonydamiani
12-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Totally Agreed.

rrebe
12-08-2014, 11:03 AM
I heard you will be able to unlock the requirements through other alternatives than club competition but not sure what though. It should come with the upcoming PATCH 4 or soon after.

I'll just quote what I posted earlier:

Long story short: According to UbiGabe there will be other ways to unlock the Club competition gear.

Exiousa
12-08-2014, 11:12 AM
I couldn't watch twitch, possibly my tablet, but I hope that your summary comes to light rrebe, it will be nice to have access to a complete game not just bits!

SHADOWGARVIN
12-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Long story short: According to UbiGabe there will be other ways to unlock the Club competition gear.

This is good news. As long as you don't need to buy them with real money.

M8sT3r AsSASs1n
12-08-2014, 03:17 PM
I like initiates rewarding you for past invested time in previous titles(as long as it works). But yes scrap App it has taken me over a month playing that stupid thing and I still haven't unlocked that friggin outfit. the entire idea of the App is stupid if i wanted to play dumb games on my phone I would at least play something mildly entertaining.

SixKeys
12-08-2014, 05:08 PM
This is good news. As long as you don't need to buy them with real money.

That would be the ultimate troll. "Buy more Helix credits to unlock gear meant for the now discontinued club competitions!"

SHADOWGARVIN
12-08-2014, 05:19 PM
That would be the ultimate troll. "Buy more Helix credits to unlock gear meant for the now discontinued club competitions!"

lol. Indeed it would be.

KneeDragr
12-08-2014, 07:12 PM
I agree with the premise of this thread. I dont want to piece together some stupid looking outfit because I dont play Co-Op. Im 43 years old and love this game but dont have the time or patience of playing with random people 20-30 years younger. If they want to lock one outfit behind some online nonsense thats fine, but locking 80% of the legendary gear away is cheap. Give us 2-3 complete legendary outfits that can be acquired via single player please, even if they require some grinding or some tough missions its ok.

stevenomes
12-09-2014, 01:15 AM
is it just a matter of unlocking the club competition or is there more to it than that? it seems like if it was that easy they would just do it. maybe that part is not done either. also what about the daily drills? still coming soon the last time i looked at initiates....

rrebe
12-09-2014, 01:21 AM
is it just a matter of unlocking the club competition or is there more to it than that? it seems like if it was that easy they would just do it. maybe that part is not done either. also what about the daily drills? still coming soon the last time i looked at initiates....

How I understood it, all the nice things (club competitions, daily stuff..) start to happen when patch 4 is out. When is the patch 4 out? No one knows, but soon.

oh that's horrible, there would be riots :D

cawatrooper9
12-09-2014, 02:16 AM
Agreed. I don't mind how some gear is locked behind missions, but there is so much good stuff locked behind club competitions, it's ridiculous.

JustPlainQuirky
12-09-2014, 03:36 AM
Agreed. I shouldn't have to rely on other people to get my gear.

ghostangel
12-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Agreed.
I think that content that is 'locked' behind certain conditions (i.e the Companion App, initiates and clubs) need to be removed from the SP part of the game and only be present only if we take part in such activities.

Wraith.77
12-09-2014, 02:36 PM

If you agree speak up

I agree! IMHO also "Initiates" or "Companion" App must be removed for obtain outfits, equipments or weapons.

capricorn four
12-09-2014, 04:02 PM
I agree... I prefer to play solo and being unable to upgrade things because of it sucks... I'm 62 ( no I am not kidding) and most gamers have a problem with that they think my age means I can't play well... which is wrong on several levels.... I just want to be able to acquire the same gear multiplayer or online coop players are offered

RADAR__4077
12-09-2014, 05:32 PM
I don't want to get in trouble for spamming so this will be the last time I say this.

Ubisoft, PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY COME TO YOUR FORUMS WITH CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR PRODUCTS!

All I ask is that an official statement be made on this thread.
I am not able to view the twitch broadcast for some reason, so any information I have, I have heard second-hand.

wvstolzing
12-09-2014, 05:42 PM
All I ask is that an official statement be made on this thread.
I am not able to view the twitch broadcast for some reason, so any information I have, I have heard second-hand.

Yes, if anything even semi-official was pronounced on twitch, it should be on the ubiblog, or the forums as well.

xFallenSeraphx
12-09-2014, 06:53 PM
The lack of news on the subject has concerned me. I felt like the live updates page was going to be a bit more....live. They were pretty good about it for the first few days after ACU hit, but I this is a pretty big issue for a lot of people that I'm sure would like to be answered. I think at this point, even a "hey, we see what you're saying and will get back to you on this soon" would suffice.

RADAR__4077
12-09-2014, 07:05 PM
The lack of news on the subject has concerned me. I felt like the live updates page was going to be a bit more....live. They were pretty good about it for the first few days after ACU hit, but I this is a pretty big issue for a lot of people that I'm sure would like to be answered. I think at this point, even a "hey, we see what you're saying and will get back to you on this soon" would suffice.

Exactly the point of my last post. I started this thread nearly a week ago, it has thousands of views, and 70 posts, yet I have not received the slightest indication that Ubisoft has even noticed.

Caetryn
12-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Signed and agreed.
On that note, I also played "The Tournament" solo 3 times to get the legendary gear I wanted... The only thing that now stands between me and full legendary stealth is the fact that Club Competitions are 'coming soon'.

ghostangel
12-10-2014, 07:06 AM
Exactly the point of my last post. I started this thread nearly a week ago, it has thousands of views, and 70 posts, yet I have not received the slightest indication that Ubisoft has even noticed.
I hate to say this, but after my experience with Watchdogs and its forums - this lack of communication is not surprising.. What concerns me is that they apparently did "learn", because it's the same BS - different game title.

cryo_burned
12-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Signed and agreed.
On that note, I also played "The Tournament" solo 3 times to get the legendary gear I wanted... The only thing that now stands between me and full legendary stealth is the fact that Club Competitions are 'coming soon'.

Teach me, master

SolidSage
12-10-2014, 09:27 AM
I hear what people are saying about wanting access to all rewards offline and sp, but that's also saying that online and coop players can only get rewards that no one wants.

Unity is about coop, and that means online in this day and age.

Ubisoft gave you hundreds of pieces of gear, yet you are upset about the few pieces reserved for Initiates, Nomad and Club comp. These additional components are made for folks that like them, and the rewards are adequate.

I'm level 29 initiates. Lots of credit for playing all the old games. I shouldn't get rewarded for that? Initiates works fine on X1, unless it's down for maintenance.
I didn't want the companion app but I want the hood, I'm OCT about if and I REALLY like the idea of completionism rewarding me with something rare. If it's easy for everyone to get its not a reward.
I had trouble with the companion app for a while. Your Uplay account has to match up with your console account. Emails and stuff. I had to resolve some issues there. When I did it worked. Sometimes I have to restart the app to get it to connect to my game but it works.
It's a grind for sure, and not everyone can get it done. ..which is EXACTLY why the REWARD is WORTH something. You see that right?

Club competitions reward team play. I've completed 5 of them already. I'm sure there are more I could do now but there's so much content I have had time to dig into it yet. The prospect is good. If it doesn't come it will suck, that gear is appealing. It's not essential or even necessary to play and enjoy the game though.

If Unity offered less than any other AC game maybe the complaints would make sense but dlc, additional content is how it is now. Not everyone is going to have access to everything, that doesn't mean others shouldn't have an opportunity to expand their game.

Are you really suggesting that a company should make a package that has to be purchased at a flat rate and everyone gets exactly the same thing and no more or less for anyone? The corporation dictates that all are equal, even if some are happy to spend more of their money on more of the product? Sounds like communism or something (something, being a type of entitlement).

There are something like 20 hoods right? More than any previous AC has offered you in your SP game. Oh but you want that one hood, the one that is a reward for additional commitment. What's that you say, you want it without having to commit to the commitment? Funny.

SolidSage
12-10-2014, 09:50 AM
I think the gear just shouldn't be shown. If you get the app it shows up in your menu. Then people won't get upset by not being able to unlock stuff in their game, and other players can still achieve that rarer reward for commitment.

I mean it says Legendary, you don't become a legend just because you want to. It takes EXTRA effort. Make the effort or don't.

Club comps are a little different because they aren't available yet, but neither is the the Dead Kings DLC, the Shao Jun bit and so on. That have to adhere to a release cycle it's like a pipeline. More poop can't get down the pipe until the original poop blockage is cleared. If you keep flushing your bathroom is going to flood. And Unity's release was already a flood. They almost have it under control, is it okay if they do that first before releasing more content that's probably going to bring more problems of its own?
Shaky releases are not uncommon, just look around. And the ones that are solid really aren't pushing the envelop with online functionality. Unity transitions between the sp and coop modes so well. Sure, sometimes you can't find a match, but you can still play the content solo.
The tournament is more fun alone anyway, everyone wants to run frantically and spam attack. When I do find the rarer thoughtful player it's really fun. You know the type who doesn't interrupt YOUR fight, is respectful or space, and is more methodical about approach. I like the players that don't feel the need to consume a mission super fast. You can be fast without being in a rush. The game plays better when timing is appreciated.

RADAR__4077
12-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Solidsage, I think you have missed the point of this thread. I am not completely against online content. I started this thread because I love customization and co-op, but this game that I paid $60 for is deeply flawed and feels incomplete because I have been unable to so much as attempt to unlock some content. I even suggested linking it to the difficult heist missions, and I also would have nothing against co-op missions being used.

My main point is I want a fair shot at using the gear I have already paid for.

SlyTrooper
12-10-2014, 07:16 PM
I'm level 29 initiates. Lots of credit for playing all the old games. I shouldn't get rewarded for that?

Yes you should, but none of their online stuff works properly. I've completed all the old games to 100%, but it doesn't even recognise me having done so despite the fact that they're all linked. I'm level 5 from Unity alone. Do I not deserve a reward for doing all of that? Because I haven't got one.

KneeDragr
12-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Ubisoft gave you hundreds of pieces of gear, yet you are upset about the few pieces reserved for Initiates, Nomad and Club comp. These additional components are made for folks that like them, and the rewards are adequate.

Thats an inaccurate representation of the situation. Approx 80% of the legendary gear is locked away behind components that are not working. I am fine with the overall amount of locked content, but my complaint is that its almost all of the legendary equipment and the means by which you can unlock it is broken.

RADAR__4077
12-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Hey everyone, I recently received a private message from another user who was kind enough to send me a quote from the twitch broadcast.
It sounds like the club competitions will go live with patch 4 and they will have some sort of alternate means to unlock gear for those of us without a reliable group to form a club with.

I guess all we can do now is wait.

Thanks for the message. Let's all hope hope for the best.

SHADOWGARVIN
12-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Club competitions reward team play. I've completed 5 of them already.

lol! You've completed 5 club competitions already! That's awesome! Did you complete them by yourself? You must feel very special?

Wizardhat89
12-11-2014, 12:49 AM
Signed!!

I have stopped playing it because I can no longer deal with all the side bits and just general over-complicatedness of the entire game now. I am tempted to take it back to the store and get a full refund on it. Between the app, initiates and "club" competitions I have lost complete interest in the entire franchise. At this rate I will no longer be buying anymore assassins creed games and will become extremely hesitant to purchase any game by Ubifail.

Good luck to all.

P.S I prefer a finished game every 2 years then a unfinished one every year.

similarly
12-11-2014, 01:24 AM
Club competitions reward team play. I've completed 5 of them already.

There are actually TWO things. One are Club Challenges (I think they're called, and similar to other AC games, it involves how many times you do a particular thing). This is working.

Club Competitions involves six teams competing against each other. This has NOT been implemented yet. I think what you've completed are the challenges (in which the team is simply working together to complete things instead of competing against other teams).

SolidSage
12-11-2014, 03:45 AM
lol! You've completed 5 club competitions already! That's awesome! Did you complete them by yourself? You must feel very special?
Lol. No. With my club. Smart you are.

I am special.

There are actually TWO things. One are Club Challenges (I think they're called, and similar to other AC games, it involves how many times you do a particular thing). This is working.
You could be right. The club vs club isn't available yet.
I'd like to see it evolve down the line into actual physical competition, rather than the completion stat comparison that it is sounding like in Unity..

..when it unlocks.

@Others
And all I am saying is, you've got a lot, you all already do have or will have an opportunity to earn that gear, and whether you choose to collect it is on you.

You don't need to have everything. You haven't been cheated by not being given everything. You have more than you've EVER had. Stop acting like it's a horrific business practice when in actuality it's just a major inconvenience, for you.

First world problems huh?

Aranok86
12-11-2014, 07:41 AM
I think they should unlock the club competition gear locks since its been almost a month and a lot of us have already beaten the main story.

shadowlestat666
12-11-2014, 08:23 AM
they should either turn on competition clubs so we can get those legendary locked behind that... seriously Do you really want the Medieval outfit as playing Stealth? I don't think so or at least let 1-2 set still fully avaiable, or then.. let's get those wth Helix credits ! Maybe they will be unlock with Dead kings DLC ? even that... the DLC outfit is lower than our actual gear....

VincentRC
12-11-2014, 06:49 PM
I totally agree

VitoAuditore
12-11-2014, 06:58 PM
@ Solidsage what you mean is club objectives. not club competition

KneeDragr
12-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Stop acting like it's a horrific business practice when in actuality it's just a major inconvenience, for you.

Giving your customers a major inconvenience is a horrific business practice.

wvstolzing
12-11-2014, 08:26 PM
The 'inconvenience' argument pertains to things like the 'companion app', and 'initiates', and it misses the point there, too: People aren't complaining because it's a 'challenge' to get, e.g., the Altair outfit, but because it's *pointlessly* time-consuming, that the tasks required are *badly implemented*. There's a difference between 'gratuitously/pointlessly/needlessly difficult', and 'meaningful challenge'.

As to our alleged gluttony with respect to gear: Well, there's not a single *complete* legendary armor, in any of the various styles. THAT's what people are complaining about; and THAT's why we're justified in arguing that the game was released in an incomplete state

SolidSage
12-11-2014, 09:21 PM
@ Solidsage what you mean is club objectives. not club competition
You're right.

Giving your customers a major inconvenience is a horrific business practice.
So it would better if Arno had upgradable gear like older AC's and personalization, wasn't available.
Do you recall how different AC pre-orders gave everyone different special outfits? How is this different? You choose what you want.
Having to wait a bit to get some of it shouldn't cause such dismay in sensible people.

The 'inconvenience' argument pertains to things like the 'companion app', and 'initiates', and it misses the point there, too: People aren't complaining because it's a 'challenge' to get, e.g., the Altair outfit, but because it's *pointlessly* time-consuming, that the tasks required are *badly implemented*. There's a difference between 'gratuitously/pointlessly/needlessly difficult', and 'meaningful challenge'.
It's not pointlessly time consuming, the effort, patience and commitment is exactly the point. It separates the casuals from the committed. If you don't plan to play the game longer than a month, extra gear isn't worth anything to you anyway.

As to our alleged gluttony with respect to gear: Well, there's not a single *complete* legendary armor, in any of the various styles. THAT's what people are complaining about; and THAT's why we're justified in arguing that the game was released in an incomplete state
I didn't say gluttons, I suggested impatience and airs of entitlement. I don't think I'm off target with that. The gear that is unlockable in the game is more than adequate to play through all portions of the game. The legendary gear is gaudy anyway. While it may be hard to get, actually using it is an identifiable crutch, you really don't need a SET. Sure some pieces are appealing, I like a legendary belt, some gauntlets. As is, right now I play the Tournament solo wearing improved chest, master pants, master gauntlet and belts and improved hood. Boss weapons of course. Honestly, it's probably one of the toughest difficulty missions but it plays well this way. A full legendary set is for folks that need the game to be easier. You notice how bedazzled gear gets as it increases in stats right? It's so we can all identify the difficulty players choose to play on. It's to allow casuals and hard core to balance the challenge when playing together.

Anyway I'm going off topic but what the complaining amounts to to me is a lack of investment. If it's not fun and you just need to own something so you can move on to another game, what's the point in the first place?
I want club comps to unlock too, there's one image the makes it look like we could play team on team, 3v3 physically. But who really knows what it's going to be like.

Sure, I understand wanting access, I don't understand the position that you've been done wrong. Level unlocks are standard in all mp components, if you don't play mp you don't get the mp unlocks usually, big deal. The fact that the social is blended better with sp now is not a downgrade, it's a great evolution that is going to blur lines and facilitate better gameplay and interaction. The Division is going to do this too, WatchDogs kind of did it. Its an emerging tech advance, a bit of patience isn't going to hurt anyone.

And as OP has stated, Ubi's working on providing alternate routes to access that gear. I personally think it sucks because the value of Legendary items will quickly be diminished to the status of casual items. They will no longer define any differences between players. In short, it will make players generic, reduce personal player identity and defeat the very purpose of pursuing rewards in the first place.

But go ahead and have at it, be upset and demand change in a title it sounds like you're already bored of playing. Ruin the landscape for the players You leave behind who will continue to play Unity after you're gone.

Other than that, yeah, I'm eager for Dead Kings and Club comps to unlock too. Not angry about it though.

SlyTrooper
12-11-2014, 10:24 PM
It's not pointlessly time consuming, the effort, patience and commitment is exactly the point. It separates the casuals from the committed. If you don't plan to play the game longer than a month, extra gear isn't worth anything to you anyway.

Maybe so. But despite how much of a fan you are, you have payed for a game & deserve all its worth.

RADAR__4077
12-13-2014, 03:40 AM
Ok... now I'm getting just a little bit angry...

I checked out the forums when I get some down time at work and see people are getting more legendary gear. Awesome....

I get home only to find EVERY class I want to use is still locked!

I don't understand why they unlock only some of the gear.

Obviously it's not that difficult to include the military, medieval, and sans-culottes gear sets too!

What gives Ubisoft?

KneeDragr
12-13-2014, 06:07 PM
They unlocked most of the gear recently, more than half no longer requires club comp, so good job Ubi for listening to customers. Most of it still requires unlocking but its main story quests, some co-op and some club comp.

KneeDragr
12-13-2014, 06:14 PM
So it would better if Arno had upgradable gear like older AC's and personalization, wasn't available.
Do you recall how different AC pre-orders gave everyone different special outfits? How is this different? You choose what you want.
Having to wait a bit to get some of it shouldn't cause such dismay in sensible people.

You are putting words in my mouth and arguing against points that I have not mentioned. You are trying to make it look like I am saying something I never did, in order for you to make a point. Im not complaining about any other games or pre-order outfits. If you have no counterpoint to what I said, please dont reply in a fashion intended to make me look incorrect by using things i never mentioned in my post.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-13-2014, 06:16 PM

Because they need to hold out a carrot to keep people playing the game. The longer we play, the more likely we are to buy extra stuff.

Personally, I can't see why they're locking stuff that has poorer stats than the best stuff we can get just from playing the game. I'd love to do more to unlock stuff, but there's no point, as the stats on the locked stuff are all worse than the stuff I already own. They should have made the unlockable stuff equal to, or better than, the stuff we unlock in the game - that way there'd be an incentive.

Jackdaw951
12-13-2014, 08:07 PM
The legendary gear is gaudy anyway. While it may be hard to get, actually using it is an identifiable crutch, you really don't need a SET. Sure some pieces are appealing, I like a legendary belt, some gauntlets. As is, right now I play the Tournament solo wearing improved chest, master pants, master gauntlet and belts and improved hood. Boss weapons of course. Honestly, it's probably one of the toughest difficulty missions but it plays well this way. A full legendary set is for folks that need the game to be easier. You notice how bedazzled gear gets as it increases in stats right? It's so we can all identify the difficulty players choose to play on. It's to allow casuals and hard core to balance the challenge when playing together.

I couldn't disagree more. For starters there is nothing casual about getting the legendary gear. It takes long effort to rally up the resources and check off the requirements to get a full set of upgraded legendary gear. Second, not all games have to be balanced as MMOs, getting harder with progress. RPG design principles make your character more powerful in relation to the world around him, as you work hard to improve his skills along with yours. Your reward for the grind and effort is a powerful protagonist. Working my way to the gear and skills I have now took the better part of a month in calendar time, and dozens of hours of play time. I won't take kindly to anyone calling me a lightweight casual because I use them. I have earned them the hard way.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-13-2014, 08:47 PM
A full legendary set is for folks that need the game to be easier...

I don't get it. Why would anyone take the Oldsmobile when he could drive a Porsche? All using lower level gear does is waste time and make things more difficult. Surely fighting is not so exciting that we are going to want to spend most of our time doing that. I certainly don't. I mean, if the opponents were actual humans, it would prove skill, but it's just AI. I mean who cares?

Anyone who has played through this game can, I'm sure, take out opponents fairly easily using even the lowest level gear. It's not a mark of skill if anyone can do it. All it is is a waste of effort.

wvstolzing
12-13-2014, 09:39 PM
You people just don't get it, do you? You're neither true fans, nor real gamers.

Did you know that for each race, Usain Bolt wears shoes that are 3 sizes too small for his feet? *That*'s what makes him great; learn from his example.

SHADOWGARVIN
12-13-2014, 10:47 PM
I want club comps to unlock too, there's one image the makes it look like we could play team on team, 3v3 physically. But who really knows what it's going to be like.

I'm afraid i have to disappoint you. You can't actually participate in the club competitions. It revolves around creed points. There is no club versus club match.

SolidSage
12-14-2014, 05:55 AM
Maybe so. But despite how much of a fan you are, you have payed for a game & deserve all its worth.
I think I've got a game that is worth every penny. I think it's good that even after spending a ton of time in it, there is still some progression reserved for further play.

I checked out the forums when I get some down time at work and see people are getting more legendary gear. Awesome....

Obviously it's not that difficult to include the military, medieval, and sans-culottes gear sets too!

What gives Ubisoft?
I got the Legendary Military chest gear a long time ago. Some stuff unlocks through multiple processes.

You are putting words in my mouth and arguing against points that I have not mentioned. You are trying to make it look like I am saying something I never did, in order for you to make a point. Im not complaining about any other games or pre-order outfits. If you have no counterpoint to what I said, please dont reply in a fashion intended to make me look incorrect by using things i never mentioned in my post.
I haven't read back so I'm not sure what you're referring to, but I don't want to put words in your mouth. I may have misunderstood your position or I may have been responding generally to the thread.
Either way, I don't think having to wait for the game to be running smoothly to access some of the stuff is terrible. Club comps probably rely heavily on lots of things, until all systems are working properly it may be a really bad thing to try to turn club comps on.
If they unlock all rewards then club comps lose a little bit of purpose. They had a plan for the pipeline of release, abandoning that due to something else not working yet may cause more issues down the line.

I couldn't disagree more. For starters there is nothing casual about getting the legendary gear. It takes long effort to rally up the resources and check off the requirements to get a full set of upgraded legendary gear. Second, not all games have to be balanced as MMOs, getting harder with progress. RPG design principles make your character more powerful in relation to the world around him, as you work hard to improve his skills along with yours. Your reward for the grind and effort is a powerful protagonist. Working my way to the gear and skills I have now took the better part of a month in calendar time, and dozens of hours of play time. I won't take kindly to anyone calling me a lightweight casual because I use them. I have earned them the hard way.
Ha ha. I smile because I used to get angry about being called casual too. You're right, I apologize. If you earn it it's your right to use it how you see fit. My opinion comes from personal experience and perspective, I think a full legendary set (which is available, just not a matching set) makes the game too easy. That sweet spot of gear plus ability is probably different for us all, but I prefer it like AC1, where dying is a real threat.

I don't get it. Why would anyone take the Oldsmobile when he could drive a Porsche? All using lower level gear does is waste time and make things more difficult. Surely fighting is not so exciting that we are going to want to spend most of our time doing that. I certainly don't. I mean, if the opponents were actual humans, it would prove skill, but it's just AI. I mean who cares?
Well for starters, you can get more friends in an Olds and what good is a Powerful piece of equipment with no purpose? A Porsche is good for trying to get chick's or driving at a track, beyond that, I personally find no appeal in them. I'll take a 2015 loaded Tahoe all day tho:)
As far as the gear, the Legendary stuff is really ugly to me, the simpler gear looks SO much better to me. Well, not the weapons, although I do like the cavalry saber but it's too weak for the amount of open combat I enjoy. Also see above, too much legendary makes even the hardest stuff a bit too easy for my liking.
Now let's take that tailored phantom hood. It's worse stats sure, but if you compare it to better versions, it easily looks the best. The other stuff looks more and more, fancy, the more powerful it gets. Now, back when I played Conviction, and even Blacklist, coop, there emerged a sort of, bragging standard, where some players could play the highest difficulty with the weakest packouts (pistol, no armor, etc), and players could visually recognize this in game due to appearances being vastly different. I'm not in it for bragging, but I do respect players running the hardest levels with low gear, to me it's like a personally imposed Ultimate Difficulty, and they STILL do it better than me? Yeah, that's my goal :) Beat that Porsche with my Olds? That just makes me even cooler :)

Both Conviction and Unity did great jobs of making the weaker gear, look better. And are the only two games to make me feel that the visual appearance of my character was a reward for self imposed difficulty. And now that Tailored Phantom Hood...its hard to get, it's stats suck, I'm going to have to be really good at the game to be able to don it and still perform outstandingly. And that requirement for excellence is probably why the Hood is the most Batman looking one there is. No silly gold or lace or feathers. It adds personalisation because I'll look less like Arno and more custom. Tbh, my dude looks a bit SplinterCell.

So TLDR, it allows for even higher difficulty settings, cool looks, and a feeling of mastery. The game says I'm a Legend, I want to own that title.

Anyone who has played through this game can, I'm sure, take out opponents fairly easily using even the lowest level gear. It's not a mark of skill if anyone can do it. All it is is a waste of effort.
Sure, running up to 3 guards and killing them on the fly is a cinch. I like to get into brawls with 10 guards, it's way more challenging than the old days...unless you lean on the smokes and beserker darts too much.

You people just don't get it, do you? You're neither true fans, nor real gamers.

Did you know that for each race, Usain Bolt wears shoes that are 3 sizes too small for his feet? *That*'s what makes him great; learn from his example.
Lol, you're thinking rock climbers. I'll tell you what though, I guarantee you Usain Bolt doesn't make his training easier for himself. He stacks the challenge on.

I'm afraid i have to disappoint you. You can't actually participate in the club competitions. It revolves around creed points. There is no club versus club match.
Yeah that's what I took from the text too, but they cheekily put it with a pic of 3 on 3 across rooftops didn't they. I don't expect much from Unity's version, but I've been expecting coop since the Truth Glyph Video in AC2. And now with how Destiny, GTAo and other titles are quickly achieving social expansions, and AC having already done a great 5 on 5 mp, I fully expect an evolution to this format that will accommodate more physical versus.
At the end of the day, there's no telling exactly how these comps will play out. WD got coop missions after a spell, new gen is allowing for different growth rates now. Anyway, don't take too much offense from my use of the word casual, it's a great tool for pushing buttons.

SolidSage
12-14-2014, 06:37 AM
Oh no, it was a club of 6 looking at each other wasn't it. Oh wells.

Hrafnagud72
12-14-2014, 07:08 AM
I can't stand this new fad with console gaming companies forcing people to play multi-player or download apps. If I wanted to play multi-player I would. But I don't. Don't force me to do it because I will not buy your game. I didn't buy Titanfall for that reason and I didn't buy Unity for that reason. I bought and played the hell out of Rogue, but I will not buy Unity unless they take out forcing you to play online to unlock things in solo play.

Jackdaw951
12-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Ha ha. I smile because I used to get angry about being called casual too. You're right, I apologize. If you earn it it's your right to use it how you see fit. My opinion comes from personal experience and perspective, I think a full legendary set (which is available, just not a matching set) makes the game too easy. That sweet spot of gear plus ability is probably different for us all, but I prefer it like AC1, where dying is a real threat.

I appreciate the maturity in your response. :) My set is not matched by name, but by capabilities. I went for max blades, bombs and medicine. I swap between stealth (Phantom coat) and armor (Medieval coat) depending on my approach to whatever I'm pursuing. Yeah, it's way easy now. The thing is, unless I'm playing with other people, I think it's wholly artificial and pointless to make things more difficult than the game demands without any extra rewards. In other words, the game defines its rule set internally, by its own logic. We don't get to do that. TL; DR: I didn't design the game; I'm just playing it.

Edit: (If you haven't played it already) Shadow of Mordor might be to your liking. The consequence for dying is lowly enemy grunts who defeated you advancing to captains. You have to take them on again later, when it will be more difficult. It plays a lot like AC too.

RADAR__4077
12-14-2014, 09:09 PM
Hey guys I'm gonna ask you to take your petty argument somewhere else.

I started this thread because I am unhappy about the fact that I can't use the gear I want because the game was forced on the market before it was ready.

Please stop posting page long rants every time you see a statement you disagree with.

DrCares
01-03-2015, 06:46 PM
I agree with the majority with this petition and consider this my signature.. however I find that it is evident that Ubisoft, like many other companies, do not care at all about the gamers. They released a terrible game (as far as completion is concerned) and when the majority of the gaming community wants changes, they don't even show signs of a response. I saw MAYBE one exception, which was on a live gaming feed where an unofficial announcement was made about c-comp.

I have loved the AC series from the beginning, I was on the fence with purchasing a next-gen console before I saw this game. Now I can say that I am done with AC, not because of all the glitches, not because I dislike the game play, but because Ubisoft is completely ignoring what their CUSTOMERS want. Look at their leak for example, they are ALREADY working on the next game before finishing this one. feel free to disagree with me on this, but even though I agree with this petition, and the numerous others I have seen, but the only way I can see myself making an effective change is by selling my copy of this product, which was produced by a self-centered company that no longer cares about public opinion.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but Ubisoft sure hasn't done a whole lot to show me they care... yea they spent hours and hours (allegedly) working on patching up the main game... but that should have been done in the first place Ubisoft, BEFORE YOU STARTED THE NEXT GAME....

Last thought... I have completed, and placed first in a club competition (without any help from my club members....) and I think club competitions are the dumbest grind I have ever seen in gaming: they are pointless, they do NOT bring clubs to work together, and to top it off I never received the gear I was supposed to. Whoever thought club-comps were a good idea needs to stop licking the window and start producing something of quality.

Mandellla
05-04-2015, 07:28 PM
100% agreed, and don't let any stupid trolls on this forum defend Unity's club competition, a few items are locked because of the club competitions, can't Ubisoft fix this? why do we have to wait every week for a competition just to win 1 item?! i don't care if this is necro posting, 6 months have passed and no change, gg Ubisoft :mad: