PDA

View Full Version : ACU Alerting one guard alerts all guards, even indoors or behind walls

Carch
12-05-2014, 01:32 AM
Has anyone else noticed this? It seems like a recent change with the latest patch. Alerting one guard will sometimes alert all the guards in an area, even if they are indoors, upstairs, downstairs or behind walls. I have had to restart lots of missions because of this problem.

similarly
12-05-2014, 01:35 AM
If you are on "condition yellow" where you've been spotted doing something suspicious, ALL guards will take more notice of you. I think it was that way in other games too. You have to get out of sight of all guards and become anonymous.

jeffies04
12-05-2014, 01:40 AM
The other guards probably hear the first guard shout. That's what it seems like to me. If you set one into full alert mode, anyone else within ear's range will hear.

strigoi1958
12-05-2014, 01:48 AM
It's more realistic.... if you were guarding a place and you called out you'd expect others to come to you.....:D

it teaches you to be more stealthy, take your time, use eagle sense, pick off the snipers and rooftop guards first, then use patience and kill single wandering guards from cover or bring them close with a cherry bomb and air assassinate them. The fun is not running and slashing with your sword it is slowly and quietly lowering the opposition... :D

jeffies04
12-05-2014, 01:53 AM
It's more realistic....

Exactly... Do you really think you could get into a sword fight with a heavily armed guard and not have his buddies hear it in the next room? Or from downstairs?

:)

I actually think there have been some AI improvements in this game. Talking main NPC characters, not the street-folk. (edit: although if you stop and watch them, they actually do things as they roam about... stop and chat, look at vendor stalls, etc.)

strigoi1958
12-05-2014, 01:59 AM
Exactly... Do you really think you could get into a sword fight with a heavily armed guard and not have his buddies hear it in the next room? Or from downstairs?

:)

I actually think there have been some AI improvements in this game. Talking main NPC characters, not the street-folk. (edit: although if you stop and watch them, they actually do things as they roam about... stop and chat, look at vendor stalls, etc.)

Yes there have been games in the past where you could kill a guy and the guy next to him wouldn't react so it is definitely better... I liked the first thief games... you made 1 noise or got spotted and the guards killed you very quickly... really had to ghost through those games :D

And yes the NPC are actually interacting... nice touch that adds to the immersion :)

similarly
12-05-2014, 03:46 AM
I agree that it's more realistic this way. Even though in previous AC games, guards would notice you if you were on yellow or red alert until you became anonymous, in this game, I've noticed that guards are much more likely to come if they are near a noisy fight. It gets crazy as more and more guards join the fight. On the PLUS side, it makes berserk darts ten times more fun. I've seen a dozen or MORE guards rioting around one berserked guy. It's a great way to draw guards away from their posts.

jeffies04
12-05-2014, 04:57 AM
It does seem like they've improved the AI's "hearing". Definitely evident in the different equipment you select, some is more stealthy than others. If you wear something really noisy, it's harder to move silently around guards.

It's cool, too, and I wish they'd done this in Watch Dogs with the cops, that the national guard (the blue police) will react to ANYONE instigating crime or violence...

It was really bad in Watch Dogs that the police ONLY chase you. (edit: before someone corrects me, I know they'll fight the enemy factions, but in WD a crime can be committed right in front of police by anyone BUT you.)

Carch
12-11-2014, 11:37 PM
The kind of alerting I'm talking about is NOT realistic.

If I am revealing myself around a corner to lure a guard for a corner kill, and that guard spots me, it should not alert every other guard in the building.

I don't have a problem with guards coming running when I am fighting - that is fine. What I have a problem with is guards coming running when I am being stealthy. It makes stealthy game play practically impossible in some areas of the game.

Also, I think it is a bug, because the behavior changed in patch 3. In the earlier patches, guards would notice you, but this behavior of "guard ESP" where every guard becomes alerted when one guard spots you is new.

strigoi1958
12-12-2014, 03:36 AM
people have said for a long time that the combat was too easy so Ubi have made it more difficult. I hug the wall outside a doorway and shoot them with a blade

JackienStephan
12-12-2014, 04:20 AM
Sounds like Uncharted _

jeffies04
12-12-2014, 05:39 AM

If I am revealing myself around a corner to lure a guard for a corner kill, and that guard spots me, it should not alert every other guard in the building.

I don't have a problem with guards coming running when I am fighting - that is fine. What I have a problem with is guards coming running when I am being stealthy. It makes stealthy game play practically impossible in some areas of the game.

Also, I think it is a bug, because the behavior changed in patch 3. In the earlier patches, guards would notice you, but this behavior of "guard ESP" where every guard becomes alerted when one guard spots you is new.

Since we were discussing this before I did encounter one mission where I got spotted and all the guards turned yellow (like they all got suspicious at once, before they officially spotted me) throughout the whole building. So I see what you were talking about. It may very well be a glitch, but I only experienced it in one mission. I'll see if I can figure out which mission it was.

strigoi1958
12-12-2014, 12:58 PM
Also guards are alerted by noise... in fact sometimes I will attack with a sword to try to get guards on the floor above to hear and come down, sometimes it works but most times they just go to high suspicion and say what was that and do not come down :D

but usually being spotted by a guard they say something like "did I just see something" and I would expect other guards to hear that and also come along. When I am playing stealth I do not want any guards to see me... accidentally or deliberately in an attempt to draw them out. Perhaps as Unity is a more stealth (if possible) game it is made to make you take more time to kill quietly or bypass guards rather than being seen ?

I played the thief series and the first 2 ... if a guard spotted you, you'd almost certainly be dead within seconds :D

Alternatively... throw in a smoke bomb, walk in kill with a hidden blade and walk out.... if other guards see the body they will come over and just repeat that :D

Erfivur
12-12-2014, 01:12 PM
I've not had unreasonable amounts of guards alerted to my actions when breaking stealth.

I think though that Marksmen/snipers tend to alert other guards when they're alerted to you more easily than normal guys.
Also bear in mind that guards will go to/from yellow to red in different ways depending on your actions and whether you're in a restricted area.

i'll keep an eye out for this but, so far, it's been pretty reasonable for me.

jeffies04
12-12-2014, 05:49 PM
I think though that Marksmen/snipers tend to alert other guards when they're alerted to you more easily than normal guys.
Also bear in mind that guards will go to/from yellow to red in different ways depending on your actions and whether you're in a restricted area.

This makes sense. Their whole point being there is to be a lookout.

wichking
12-12-2014, 06:13 PM
I like the Ai in only a few waysmore. They react faster but the only thing i hate is they use the alarm bell only if you are surrounded by masses already. Imo they should try to use it when they spottet you and you try to escape. I mean they know someone is there so the mission ahs to get harder.
Also i dont like is when they see dead bodies.. nothign really happens. They go there, crouch and leave him be like it was sudden heart attack and noone cares. They shoudl alert aswell...
Well hopefully one day Assassins Creed gets a realistic A.I.
They have to take a piece of the Arkham games. When you are in a room and someone is even missing or they find a dead body the guards are looking for you...

jeffies04
12-12-2014, 06:32 PM
In ACIV they'd sound the alarm over a dead body if they weren't too far away from it. They seem to have removed that. They'd sound the alarm and everyone would start searching bushes and hiding spots, etc. It was cool.

Carch
12-12-2014, 07:53 PM
When I am playing stealth I do not want any guards to see me... accidentally or deliberately in an attempt to draw them out. Perhaps as Unity is a more stealth (if possible) game it is made to make you take more time to kill quietly or bypass guards rather than being seen ?

There are areas where it is not possible to play this way. Some rooms are set up with multiple guards facing different directions, with patrolling guards nearby. You have to get the attention of one of the guards to pull them out of the room. You can't use a firecracker, because that will alert all the guards in the area, including the patrolling guards. There are some cases where you have to get in a room, to get an objective for example, and the only way in is to lure a guard. That is the thing that I am finding buggy.

Based on responses here, only one other person has noticed this, so maybe I'm just going crazy.

wichking
12-12-2014, 11:04 PM
lol dude use your tools. SOme Phantom blades or zerk darts solve the problem. Or just throw in a smoke bomb kill him and get back to your previous pos

jeffies04
12-13-2014, 12:06 AM
There's plenty of ways to create some distractions to get these guards to leave their posts and positions, not just in that immediate area.

Door guards are a lot harder to lure away, they will avoid leaving their entrance unguarded as much as they can, but it can be done.

strigoi1958
12-13-2014, 12:10 AM
There are areas where it is not possible to play this way. Some rooms are set up with multiple guards facing different directions, with patrolling guards nearby. You have to get the attention of one of the guards to pull them out of the room. You can't use a firecracker, because that will alert all the guards in the area, including the patrolling guards. There are some cases where you have to get in a room, to get an objective for example, and the only way in is to lure a guard. That is the thing that I am finding buggy.

Based on responses here, only one other person has noticed this, so maybe I'm just going crazy.

like I said I hug the wall and aim a phantom or berserk blade and shoot the guy facing me.... if others attack I either throw in a poison gas or smoke bomb... walk in and use the hidden blade to kill quickly.... sometimes we have to adapt our style of play to the game but maybe you just got a strange reaction once or twice :confused:

I did just do a mission on the far west where I had to sabotage some military signals and the guards reacted even if I killed someone and they were not looking but I just used cherry bombs and disguise and berzerk blades to get in un-noticed

wichking
12-13-2014, 01:09 AM
my fav missionw as with sobataging robbes pierre reputation. One lil mistake and alot officcers run after you. there you ahd to be sneaky

BurtSoldier
12-13-2014, 05:44 PM

If I am revealing myself around a corner to lure a g
I think it is a bug, because the behavior changed in patch 3. In the earlier patches, guards would notice you, but this behavior of "guard ESP" where every guard becomes alerted when one guard spots you is new.

Yes for me it is tje exact same bug. I played before patch 3 and there was no such "group telepathical" group of guards. Now there are. Love the game though. Hoping for patch 4 to let me play above 20 fps

medavroog
12-15-2014, 12:35 PM
people have said for a long time that the combat was too easy so Ubi have made it more difficult. I hug the wall outside a doorway and shoot them with a blade

I use a similar tactic ... I hug the side of a doorway, and headshot a target in the group with firearm ... and when the rest rush towards me, I perform cover assassinations​ on them.