PDA

View Full Version : PC [IMPORTANT] **BEWARE** Lost Save Game issue

SeptikAydz
12-04-2014, 11:55 PM
Beware players because this happened to me yesterday.

Had a power outtage at my house. Game "crashed".

Upon power restoration, loaded the Game and received an error stating my saved games were not synched.

When I attempted to load the most recently Time stamped game, U-play crashed. Second attempt using alternate save, crashed again.

Third attempt caused load of game from the very beginning and rewrote BOTH save games files to level 1.

Game progress lost.

Game will not synch anymore stating corrupt save files (attempted to remove and validate install, no success).

Ubisoft customer service states "Your game crash caused this"

MY forum reply.

Why does your game only save a SINGLE copy of character progression?

Why does you Cloud back-up automatically back-up any save game from the local folder. what if I was reinstalling, or putting the game on another machine? Your saying you built redundancy to auto copy any save file being run?

Regardless of your save game policy. Your system.

1. Does not work now for my game. I get error saying corrupt save file, it errors out of uplay, or it just wont do anything.

2. Loads from beginning EVERY TIME I try and play and saves game to both local and cloud

3. I WASTED HOURS AND HAVING NOTHING NOW. So thanks a FREAKING TON guys. I cant wait to run around and COLLECT EVERYTHING ALL OVER AGAIN! Freaking Awesome!

Work around is a joke.

Players might want to consider backing up their own save game progress, because this will wipe out EVERYTHING in 1 second.

Pablo.Topollo
12-05-2014, 09:14 PM

Upon power restoration, loaded the Game and received an error stating my saved games were not synched.

When I attempted to load the most recently Time stamped game, U-play crashed. Second attempt using alternate save, crashed again.

Third attempt caused load of game from the very beginning and rewrote BOTH save games files to level 1.

Game progress lost.

Game will not synch anymore stating corrupt save files (attempted to remove and validate install, no success).

MY forum reply.

Why does you Cloud back-up automatically back-up any save game from the local folder. what if I was reinstalling, or putting the game on another machine? Your saying you built redundancy to auto copy any save file being run?

1. Does not work now for my game. I get error saying corrupt save file, it errors out of uplay, or it just wont do anything.

2. Loads from beginning EVERY TIME I try and play and saves game to both local and cloud

3. I WASTED HOURS AND HAVING NOTHING NOW. So thanks a FREAKING TON guys. I cant wait to run around and COLLECT EVERYTHING ALL OVER AGAIN! Freaking Awesome!

Work around is a joke.

Players might want to consider backing up their own save game progress, because this will wipe out EVERYTHING in 1 second.

me paso lo mismo pero yo entre a jugar como cualquier dia y me inicia todo desde el principio y contacte con el soporte y no me a respondido todavía :(

SeptikAydz
12-08-2014, 01:29 AM
1. Builds game with **** for brains back ups and saves

2. Game crashes cause corruption of previously said **** for brains save methods

3. Game unplayable because no further character progression. Deleting all files and reinstalling, doesnt work. Validating install, doesnt work. 60 dollar game, going on 2 weeks of unplayable. Nothing offered, no updates given, customer ignored.

4. Game released to early, **** for brains save methods are one of 3 different crashes forcing players to either reinstall, or validate software, third crash unrecoverable. Ubisoft acknowledgement, zip.

5. HOURS of play time and character progression LOST. Enjoy playing a game Russian Roulette style.

6. Ubisoft attempted customer satisfaction? L-O-L

Kreezy10
12-08-2014, 05:43 PM

Game progress lost.

MY forum reply.

Work around is a joke.

I've had to start over 3 times.
The first 2 times I lost 4%, last time I lost 25%.
Only seems to happen when I try to use my online storage.
I only play online when I need to now.

Went from Legend to Champion :(
So sick of having to do everything over and over!!

jespejog
12-14-2014, 10:25 PM
Same problem than you, I recommend to everybody to save the savegames everytime you play. The path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\

Draco_Nightstar
12-18-2014, 12:31 AM
I have not been able to play the game since release as well. The Game crashed on me and I got an ACU.EXE thing. Then I could never sync up with my cloud ever again. I've tried everything. Started over 5 times, and even re-installed the game but it is simply unplayable for me. It sure would be nice to play a game I paid $60 for. We also had a huge problem getting the friends thing to work. We had to go in and out of game like 5 times to get the right combination to find each other so we could connect. I'm very fearful of uplay games right now. Had similar problems with never being able to stay connected with friends with ghost recon. I never finished that game either because of the head ache. I will never pre-order or buy a uplay/ubisoft game at release again. I will wait to see if it is playable first. I refuse to playtest their games for them. I was under the impression that a game was supposed to be playable when it was released to the public, I guess that's an old school business model.