PDA

View Full Version : Nat type strict

PeefRimmy
12-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Ok i'm new to these forums so go easy on me, but here goes:

So far i have tried multiple fixes in Uplay forums, I have opened ports, I have enable DMZ, UPnP is already activated, my firewall had been off, I have disabled all background applications, cleaned my Hosts file and even contacted my ISP provider, and my NAT type remains strict on AC:U

My current status is that i can join games with random people online but it is about a 2 - 3 minute waiting time (I don't mind waiting) but i can't connect to my friends and therefore the multiplayer is no use to me as i wanted to play with friends.

I wanted to know if there is any other way to make my NAT type either moderate or maybe even open?

Kind regards,
Goodassassin7

Altair1789
12-05-2014, 12:35 AM
I get that message too, but I can play with friends

YazX_
12-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Hello, are you sure that the IP for port-forwarding and DMZ host is the same IP you reserved in DHCP in your router?

topeira1980
12-05-2014, 04:00 PM
i occasionally get this message too. usually it sometimes goes away but when i do get it i cant connect to uplay or my friends.

can you link me to what i should do in order to NOT get the "NAT is strict" message?

PeefRimmy
12-05-2014, 05:35 PM
I can 100% confirm that both the DMZ and Ports are fowarded to the correct places and that the host is the same IPreserved in DHCP in my router.

Mr_Shade
12-05-2014, 05:41 PM
i occasionally get this message too. usually it sometimes goes away but when i do get it i cant connect to uplay or my friends.

can you link me to what i should do in order to NOT get the "NAT is strict" message?

This FAQ has the ports required by the game: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/9/4043/multiplayer-connection-issues-in-assassins-creed-unity/kA030000000eibzCAA

If you are unsure about how to open ports - please check with your ISP.

If you have opened your ports and still get strict, please check your software / firewall - since this can also interfere.