PDA

View Full Version : Unity: Heavy Weapons - stats all equal or worse than regular 1H?

NeRebornAgain
12-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Was looking through the weapons in Unity again and realized that the stats showing Damage, Parry, Speed and Range suggests that heavy weapons always are worse than equal leveled weapons of the one handed or long weapon categories.

Compared to any one handed, like the sword I'm currently using early on, a level 3 Foil, any level 3 heavy weapon will have exactly equal damage and parry, but way lower speed and range. Only cons, no pros. Long weapons at least make sense in stats, they have superior range, but lack somewhat in speed. Identical damage/parry as others types of same level too though.

This not counting any special weapons ofc, only regular ones of each level and type.

There are also individual weapons that make no sense. For instance, the level 3 1H Foil I chose sits next to a level 3 sword, same price, same level, only with way lower stats. No pros, only cons. Yet same level and price...

Am I completely missing something or was there no attempt to balance weapons out or at least price them after their effectiveness?

Anykeyer
12-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Different types are not directly comparable. Full damage for heavy weapons is higher than full damage for 1h.