PDA

View Full Version : Can you please let me know what is happening

Zafar1981
12-04-2014, 05:16 AM
I don't want to go in details, this is what kotaku.com says

Today we can tell you about Victory, thanks to a seven-minute “target gameplay footage” video seen by Kotaku that demonstrates what Ubisoft’s dev team expects from the upcoming Assassin’s Creed game.

Then a statement came from Ubisoft
It is always unfortunate when internal assets, not intended for public consumption, are leaked. And, while we certainly welcome anticipation for all of our upcoming titles, we're disappointed for our fans, and our development team, that this conceptual asset is now public.

My only question is who was showing this game play footage to Kotaku. Is it EA, Activation, Rockstar or Bethesda.

Can any one explain the symmetry of these two statements because I can't understand how the hell Kotaku can see a video which is supposed to be a private before a certain time.

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 05:25 AM
That's why it's called a 'leak'.

A leak as in plumbing is where something drips through the net that is not supposed to.

The only question is, was the leak intentional to take the heat off Unity's problems or not.

LoyalACFan
12-04-2014, 05:51 AM
That's why it's called a 'leak'.

A leak as in plumbing is where something drips through the net that is not supposed to.

The only question is, was the leak intentional to take the heat off Unity's problems or not.

According to comments made by an editor form Kotaku (who certainly can't be accused of being under Ubi's thumb after their scathing Unity review) Ubisoft is furious. I presumed it was a deliberate leak too, but it appears that isn't the case.

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 05:54 AM
According to comments made by an editor form Kotaku (who certainly can't be accused of being under Ubi's thumb after their scathing Unity review) Ubisoft is furious. I presumed it was a deliberate leak too, but it appears that isn't the case.

I can look furious while actually being pleased as punch ;)

LoyalACFan
12-04-2014, 05:57 AM
I can look furious while actually being pleased as punch ;)

Eh, I dunno. Strategically, leaking to Kotaku as opposed to like any other gaming site out there would be a terrible decision. Kotaku is infamous for its snark, and there seems to be a distinct shortage of AC fans on their staff roster.

Shahkulu101
12-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Eh, I dunno. Strategically, leaking to Kotaku as opposed to like any other gaming site out there would be a terrible decision. Kotaku is infamous for its snark, and there seems to be a distinct shortage of AC fans on their staff roster.

There's a lack of AC fans on every video game website staff roster. The series is a laughing stock tbh.

It's really quite sad.

GoldenBoy9999
12-04-2014, 09:38 AM
There's a lack of AC fans on every video game website staff roster. The series is a laughing stock tbh.

It's really quite sad.

:( It's sad, I've noticed that too. They're like "oh here's the new AC game, you can never understand those stories anyway..." They get into other annual franchises though like Resident Evil hugely. They just don't seem to care to play the new games, unless they have to review them.

Matt Miller for GI reviews AC every year but I wonder how big a fan he is. I don't hear him talk about it much.

Don't worry guys, when/if I get a job at a video game journalism company, I'll introduce some good AC spirit and open people's eyes to it. :)

killzab
12-04-2014, 09:51 AM

That's not true, there are several AC fans at Kotaku. They just really disliked Unity.

But they said Rogue was an excellent addition to the franchise.

Fatal-Feit
12-04-2014, 09:55 AM
I told ya'll AC will become the new COD people love to hate on. But _M was like NOOOOOOOOOO! Just like how I told ya'll the next setting with be Victorian London. And Bmark was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

GUYS, WHAT IF I'M PSYCHIC?

Shahkulu101
12-04-2014, 09:57 AM
I told ya'll AC will become the new COD people love to hate on. But _M was like NOOOOOOOOOO! Just like how I told ya'll the next setting with be Victorian London. And Bmark was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You aren't physic.

You're an alpaca.

pirate1802
12-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Then I'll hire you.

and your waifu

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 10:04 AM

If this turns into cod we will all kick you in the bleedin' shins!