PDA

View Full Version : PVP seems to be impossible

NEET_Morzun
12-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Me and a crew member tried different PVP queues, every time it would have found about 5 to 7 players at the 4-minute mark, after which players randomly left and joined again.
We've been trying to find a PVP game for over 30 minutes, and we have yet to play one.

Lack of playerbase OR people that want to PVP seems to be the issue here, so why not change the PVP queue design?

If after x amount of minutes, 2-3 players still did not join, the people in the lobby can vote weither or not they want to start the PVP game at that moment, with the amount of players that are currently in the queue. (no NPC's to fill up the empty slots, please)

The difference between 5, 6 or 8 players are so minimal that the HUGE queues are just not worth it.

Delsin-95R
12-03-2014, 11:25 PM
having the same problem couldnt join any pvp game at all , this game is BS

Rain-Dragon
12-04-2014, 01:21 AM
Me and a crew member tried different PVP queues, every time it would have found about 5 to 7 players at the 4-minute mark, after which players randomly left and joined again.
We've been trying to find a PVP game for over 30 minutes, and we have yet to play one.

Lack of playerbase OR people that want to PVP seems to be the issue here, so why not change the PVP queue design?

If after x amount of minutes, 2-3 players still did not join, the people in the lobby can vote weither or not they want to start the PVP game at that moment, with the amount of players that are currently in the queue. (no NPC's to fill up the empty slots, please)

The difference between 5, 6 or 8 players are so minimal that the HUGE queues are just not worth it.

The game has only been released for 2 days and it is not a PVP game, so the community should still grow by time and people might be trying other parts of the game first. I know I am. I am so addicted to racing country roads and mountains with my dirt spec Camaro SS.

NEET_Morzun
12-04-2014, 10:55 AM
it is not a PVP game.

Let's agree to disagree

Cookiesith
12-04-2014, 11:21 AM
Just give it some time. 4 of us are still exploring. Sometimes doing missions sometimes riding from one coast to another. I'm sure we will give PvP a try once we feel ready for it. I'm also certain we are no alien and a lot of other people are doing the same thing :P Just think about it, it's an MMO lots of stuff to do before focusing PvP!

Dizzy_Dragawn
12-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Just wait till people hit lvl 50 / endgame Then the amount of people do pvp will ridiculously increase

killingsnails
12-05-2014, 01:23 AM
weird , I had no problems with finding ppl for pvp , very short queue and at least 4 ppl in the race but I did it at lvl 20-40 , now that I'm 50 I'm trying to finish the story and maybe find more hidden cars + upgrading 4 specs to 47+ platinum takes a lot of time .

my guess is most ppl are doing the exact same thing , no time for pvp yet :P

Natchai_Ubisoft
12-05-2014, 05:47 PM
we're aware of some of the pvp problems and are working on them. Please be patient with us to make improvements

Edwin1984
12-17-2014, 09:14 PM
Same problem here ! :mad:
hope they fix this game fast

SpankMyRide
12-19-2014, 02:18 AM
Same problem here ! :mad:
hope they fix this game fast

What's with the rush? I haven't had any issues after the first few patches with pvp. I go into queue, wait for 1-5 minutes and I find myself in a lobby. Usually it does not load or find anything because everyone is in a race. Lobby limit is 8 players (just like session limit, but lobby uses different instance). If there are 32 players playing in one lobby, each in a 8-player lobby instance and no one leaves, then yes, it might take some time. Alternatively, if all places are full and there are 2 or more people waiting in queue, the game should automatically create a new lobby instance (I once got into a 1vs1 lobby, because either every other instance was full or no one else was playing).

The matchmaking part is a bit more "broken" if you could say that. Just dont expect to join a lobby with car at level 1000 or less and predict that you win. 1200+ level cars are faster than 1000 or less cars and you cannot play every event with every spec. The spec is chosen as per event and you cannot change it. So I would suggest getting at least 1 car of each spec higher than Level 1000 first and then start with PvP-s. Otherwise you will find yourself in the bottom of the ladder and have to heavily rely on not crashing and others making mistakes.