PDA

View Full Version : Car Customization Pros, Cons, and Suggestions for the Future (MODS/DEVS READ THIS)

crimsonwolf911
12-03-2014, 05:21 PM
OK, so let me start this off right by saying this post is NOT to bash or slander the game or ubisoft, this post is intended as constructive criticism, that I hope, will encourage the developers to make the game better with patches in the near future.

Now to start off lets summarize what we have so far, and what the game was advertised to have, versus what was actually delivered. In its build-up and advertising, Ubisoft promised an open world, MMO racing game with incredible customization, and "plenty of opportunities for personalization". As nice a statement as that is, there really isn't a whole lot you can actually do with your car's look in the game.

As far as body kits and parts go, right now, all you have to work with is a small selection of parts to choose from which are locked into generalized categories like front bumper, rear bumper, hood, and rear wing. The game does have a side skirt option, but that rarely seems to have anything you can actually pick from to buy for your car, if it has anything at all, and the "fender" tabs really just seem to be there explicitly for the hidden hot rod cars, this is not at all a good start.

The two areas of customization that the game does get right, and relatively well I might add, is with colors for your cars paint job, and the selection of rims you have to pick from. These two areas of customization are excellently fleshed out, and stand as a credit to what the developers have gotten right with customization, and in so doing, it shows me that they have the skill to deliver what customization obsessed freakazoids like me love and adore in car games, depth.

Right now the customization in the crew for me, is woefully inadequate when compared to past arcady racing games such as Need For Speed Carbon, not the best NFS game by any stretch of the imagination, but probably the most in depth of any arcade racer I had ever played prior, or have played since when it comes to customization, including the crew sadly.

But this is by no means a lost cause, with some effort, elbow grease, and serious loving work, the crew's customization can still find its way up to the point of contention with the customization systems of past games like Carbon. Which brings me to the point of this massively long post, that I fully expect to see TLDR replies for before too long, I want to lay out a few solid ideas for customization that will give players more control over the look of their cars, without requiring a massive amount of change to the already existent system, as well as a few more complex ideas for consideration down the road, more ambitious than just tweaking whats already in place.

In Depth Cosmetic Part Switching

Now this is pretty much what it sounds like, swapping cosmetic parts on your car, such as headlights, bumpers, grills, hood scoops ect. The game does already have this, however its extremely limited, you have sets of parts that you can switch out, but if one set happens to have a part you like that you want to pair with another on a different set, you're out of luck unless one of the sets has both these parts in it.

What this means is splitting the set parts of the cars body kit, into individual parts that the player can switch out independent of the other parts, for instance switch out the headlights for a different pair, then switch to the front grill, and switch that out for a different piece, dividing each section of the car (front/back/hood/spoiler/skirt) into individual parts that can be swapped and changed independent of one another, Bumbers, lights, exhaust, grills, spoilers and so on, this would add a much needed and personally desired level of control over customization of cars for each individual player, allowing us to feel even more like we can truly take a car and make it ours.

This particular option wouldn't require the developers to completely replace the existing system, just to simply modify it and give it a bit more complexity. Also it would be good to see things like fenders, and side skirts become a bit more fleshed out, with options to pick from for all cars in the game, and I'm not certain of this because i haven't done very much with it, but i don't think raid spec is customizable at all right now, not beyond paintwork anyway.

I've now played to max level 50, and as far as I can tell, there is still no way to customize the body kits of the raid class for any car that can equip it, this is a key option that needs to be addressed soon and fleshed out so that players have the freedom to personalize their raid spec cars, again this will add to the experience for all players in both the long run and short.

Cosmetic Part Unlocks/Obtainables

This one is a bit more hair brained, but it would add a way for the game to introduce new and additional parts for all car models in the future, implement a system which allows players to either find, and unlock new body parts for their cars through exploration, racing, story missions, ect. This would require a bit more doing than simply modifying an existing system, but I believe it would be a massive boon to personalization in game.

It would give players another reason to race and explore, hell it could even be used as an incentive to pvp or coop, as unique rewards available only through pvp or coop play. It would also give the developers a channel, through which to introduce new cosmetic parts and packs through patches and future content releases.

This could also be built on by implementing future updates that bring more customization options into the game, eg. cosmetic parts for players cars. It would give the devs a way to manage their work load into chunks, released every month or every other month, similar to what game developers like wargaming do, releasing patches for their game on a semi monthly basis, a steady flow of new content, in manageable size portions to keep players interested and engaged in the game.

Cosmetic Part Sharing Between Specs

Now this is another thing that's sort of bugging me right now, each spec has its own set of parts that can be fitted to the car based on what specification it's currently set up for. I'd like to see an option put into the game to share certain parts between the different specs, this doesn't necessarily have to apply to all the cosmetic parts on every vehicle, naturally each class should still have a class specific look to it, and each spec should have its own unique parts and kits, but there should still be a generalized set of parts that can be shared and swapped between all the specs.

Again this would add yet another layer of control to customization, that could be built on in the future with the introduction of new parts and looks for different cars in game, but would also bring an immediate addition to the game in the form of yet more options for customization that players can immediately access and appreciatively make use of in personalizing their cars.

Tire and Rim Thickness/Profile

Again this one is really just cosmetic, but its one that's near and dear to my heart nonetheless, the ability to change the profile of the tires on your car, the tread of your car's tire, and the thickness of the car's wheel. This particular bit isn't really what I'd call a problem at the moment, but its definitely something that customization control freaks like me would love and appreciate nonetheless in the future, and while it wouldn't really add another layer to customization, it's just something that would be nice to have.

Another addition that would be nice is a more organized sorting system for the selectable rims already available in game, separating them by material types eg. steel, chrome, brassed, primed ect. this would help organize the customization interface and could be used to help sort cosmetic parts like hoods and spoilers by normal and carbon fiber types.

Customizable License Plates

This one again, not really a crucial issue at the moment, but It's something I'd like to see added into the game in the near future, the ability to customize the lettering and numbering on the players license plate. As with any form of writing or lettering in a game, there exists a risk of abuse by *******s who will use it as an excuse to write "D!CKS" or "P3N!S3S" on their plates explicitly for the sake of pissing people off.

Unfortunately this is a risk every game of the massive multi-player online genre takes when it enters into this particular genre of game, trolls will be trolls, the best option for countering a risk like this, just put in an option to report players for abusive or offensive plates, same as a system for reporting offensive gamertags.

Individual Part Painting

Simple Enough, add an option in cosmetic customization to paint individual parts of the car different colors from the rest of the car eg. painting the front bumper black, while painting the car's hood red. This could be used for interior coloring as well, adding options to paint individual part types of the interior separate from the others, eg. making the stitching red, the inner seat pad black, and the outer seat padding dark red. Simple and straight-forward, adds yet another layer of control to customization.

Customizable Stickers/Decals

Now this is a big one that this game needs in order to contend with the customization of past racing games such as the need for speed genre, the ability to customize and design your own decals and stickers from the ground up. To Control Freaks like me, who obsess over setting their cars up exactly the way I like to have them set up, this is one of the most important aspects of any street racing game.

Right now, all the game seems to offer is a selection of pre-designed ones to pick from, for a street racing game such as this, this isn't even close to enough. This point, to me at least is one of, if not the most important aspect of a game like this, and it needs to be addressed soon, and It likely won't be an easy fix, it will require the implementing of a new system in customization for players to make use of, the creation of a library of shapes, and pre-designed symbols, all customizable in size, shape, and color by the player, preferably implemented through a simple system that allows players to move, shape, scale, and color symbols they place on their car, and supplemented by an independent symbol design interface that allows players to create their own symbols, further adding to the games diversity.

Removal of Rear Wing/Stock Cosmetic Parts

This is what it sounds like, giving players the option to leave their car without a rear wing, and the ability to select and choose stock parts to fit onto their car when they dont feel like fancying it up and just want to keep it simple and close to its original image. The sleeper enthusiasts among us will thank you :)

Window Tinting/Windshield Modifications/Ride Height Modifications

This particular bit encompasses tinting the windows on the player's cars and adding little bits and bobs to customize the front and back windshields of the player's cars. This can include something like adding or removing louvers to the windows, adding framing to a dirt spec cars windshield to reinforce it, switching out a standard car window for a reinforced racing one, purely cosmetic bits and pieces to add yet another layer to the customization system. It will take some doing, but every extra layer you add to the customization will make it exponentially better.

Ride Height Modifying is what it sounds like, give players the ability to modify their car's ride height, down to the inch, perhaps even giving players the ability to raise or lower one end of their cars ride height independently from the other, giving players the ability to sport a dragster look, we will love you for it. Wheel Camber would also make a good addition to this part of customization, allowing players to change the angle that their wheels sit at.

That's all I've got for the time being, I'll post more when I can think of it, In the meantime, developers, Ubisoft, let me know you hear this, let me know you want the game to be better, let me know you can rise to the challenge and make customization freaks like me happy, win me over, you have my attention, now win me over.

Rekedens
12-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Everything you said is on point, not only was it well written but the ideas are spot-on.

I agree when you said the customization system was disappointing. The wheel choices are nice, but it's also cumbersome to sort through all the colors. It would be nice to choose the color after you pick the style, no?

I hope too see a lot of love for the customization system in the future.

crimsonwolf911
12-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Everything you said is on point, not only was it well written but the ideas are spot-on.

I agree when you said the customization system was disappointing. The wheel choices are nice, but it's also cumbersome to sort through all the colors. It would be nice to choose the color after you pick the style, no?

I hope too see a lot of love for the customization system in the future.

I agree with sorting the rim colors, but that's more of a luxury I'm still trying to direct focus towards the heavily flawed and under developed basics at the moment

FUNnn1234
12-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Your ideas would make it better. No doubt

OK, so let me start this off right by saying this post is NOT to bash or slander the game or ubisoft, this post is intended as constructive criticism, that I hope, will encourage the developers to make the game better with patches in the near future.

Now to start off lets summarize what we have so far, and what the game was advertised to have, versus what was actually delivered. In its build-up and advertising, Ubisoft promised an open world, MMO racing game with incredible customization, and "plenty of opportunities for personalization". As nice a statement as that is, there really isn't a whole lot you can actually do with your car's look in the game.

As far as body kits and parts go, right now, all you have to work with is a small selection of parts to choose from which are locked into generalized categories like front bumper, rear bumper, hood, and rear wing. The game does have a side skirt option, but that rarely seems to have anything you can actually pick from to buy for your car, if it has anything at all, and the "fender" tabs really just seem to be there explicitly for the hidden hot rod cars, this is not at all a good start.

The two areas of customization that the game does get right, and relatively well I might add, is with colors for your cars paint job, and the selection of rims you have to pick from. These two areas of customization are excellently fleshed out, and stand as a credit to what the developers have gotten right with customization, and in so doing, it shows me that they have the skill to deliver what customization obsessed freakazoids like me love and adore in car games, depth.

Right now the customization in the crew for me, is woefully inadequate when compared to past arcady racing games such as Need For Speed Carbon, not the best NFS game by any stretch of the imagination, but probably the most in depth of any arcade racer I had ever played prior, or have played since when it comes to customization, including the crew sadly.

But this is by no means a lost cause, with some effort, elbow grease, and serious loving work, the crew's customization can still find its way up to the point of contention with the customization systems of past games like Carbon. Which brings me to the point of this massively long post, that I fully expect to see TLDR replies for before too long, I want to lay out a few solid ideas for customization that will give players more control over the look of their cars, without requiring a massive amount of change to the already existent system, as well as a few more complex ideas for consideration down the road, more ambitious than just tweaking whats already in place.

Cosmetic Part Switching

Now this is pretty much what it sounds like, swapping cosmetic parts on your car, such as headlights, bumpers, grills, hood scoops ect. The game does already have this, however its extremely limited, you have sets of parts that you can switch out, but if one set happens to have a part you like that you want to pair with another on a different set, you're out of luck unless one of the sets has both these parts in it.

What this means is splitting the set parts of the cars body kit, into individual parts that the player can switch out independent of the other parts, for instance switch out the headlights for a different pair, then switch to the front grill, and switch that out for a different piece, dividing each section of the car (front/back/hood/spoiler/skirt) into individual parts that can be swapped and changed independent of one another, this would add a much needed and personally desired level of control over customization of cars for each individual player, allowing us to feel even more like we can truly take a car and make it ours.

This particular option wouldn't require the developers to completely replace the existing system, just to simply modify it and give it a bit more complexity. Also it would be good to see things like fenders, and side skirts become a bit more fleshed out, with options to pick from for all cars in the game, and I'm not certain of this because i haven't done very much with it, but i don't think raid spec is customizable at all right now, not beyond paintwork anyway.

I've played to about lvl 32, and I haven't found any switchable body parts or kits for the raid version of my challenger, and i don't really care for the look its stuck me with. All of this would improve customization massively in the short and long term.

This one is a bit more hair brained, but it would add a way for the game to introduce new and additional parts for all car models in the future, implement a system which allows players to either find, and unlock new body parts for their cars through exploration, racing, story missions, ect. This would require a bit more doing than simply modifying an existing system, but I believe it would be a massive boon to personalization in game.

It would give players another reason to race and explore, hell it could even be used as an incentive to pvp or coop, as unique rewards available only through pvp or coop play. It would also give the developers a channel, through which ti introduce new cosmetic parts and packs through patches and future content releases.

That's all I've got for the time being, I'll post more when I can think of it, In the meantime, developers, Ubisoft, let me know you hear this, let me know you want the game to be better, let me know you can rise to the challenge and make customization freaks like me happy, win me over, you have my attention, now win me over.

crimsonwolf911
12-03-2014, 09:09 PM
help me keep this thread at the top of the customization forum page while I keep working on it and develop more ideas to put into my initial post, I want to make sure Ubisoft sees this, and hopefully, makes use of it.

fawkesG
12-04-2014, 05:17 PM
read and i agree, devs add option to customize decals + decal' layers. bump bump:o

TDUVETERAN
12-04-2014, 06:53 PM
add this...to yours, as i started it earlier
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/968125-DIRT-SPEC-ON-THE-STREET-BETTER-PHYSICS-OVER-ALL-(-MORE-CONTROL-drifters-read-)-)
but as hairyman said, just make all parts ( not engine parts, just comsetic ) switchible accros specs.... eg street rims, hoods etc on a dirt spec, it should be able to be done quickly and as all the parts are already made for that car but now we can mix and match, but like i said in my post related physics wise.. i prefer dirt spec physics as i love to drift and it gives the car more control using a wheel, h-shifter and pedal set ( fix the wheel you devs grrrrrrr ) but i dont want it looking like a raid car

crimsonwolf911
12-04-2014, 08:38 PM
add this...to yours, as i started it earlier
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/968125-DIRT-SPEC-ON-THE-STREET-BETTER-PHYSICS-OVER-ALL-(-MORE-CONTROL-drifters-read-)-)
but as hairyman said, just make all parts ( not engine parts, just comsetic ) switchible accros specs.... eg street rims, hoods etc on a dirt spec, it should be able to be done quickly and as all the parts are already made for that car but now we can mix and match, but like i said in my post related physics wise.. i prefer dirt spec physics as i love to drift and it gives the car more control using a wheel, h-shifter and pedal set ( fix the wheel you devs grrrrrrr ) but i don't want it looking like a raid car

ok two things, firstly I'd have to say no to making dirt spec handling the way it works all across the spec classes, dirt spec cars are supposed to slide loose in corners because its how they retain their speed in turns off road, same with raid class. Specs better suited to road racing like performance and circuit, are designed to grip the road, and hold a line through a turn, these specs favor precision over looseness, that's the way they're supposed to handle.

By the way, when the car slides loose in a turn in dirt spec its not actually a drift, its a 4 wheel power-slide, the car is using its power to change direction, in a drift, the power is being used to slide the tail out to one side, while the front wheels counter steer to prevent the car from spinning out. Best suggestion I can give here is if your playing the game with driving handling help on, switch it to hardcore, I've tried this, and I guarantee your cars tail will try to slide out in hard turns when you hammer the throttle, especially in street spec when your driving a rear wheel drive car.

Secondly, again I have to disagree with making all parts interchangeable between all the different specs. Each spec should, by default have its own unique look to some extent. I hold to what i suggested, create a set of generalized parts that can be shared and switched between all the different specs, but still keep each specs unique look intact with unique cosmetic parts that can be equipped only by that class. I'm trying to keep this idea balanced at a point where it is still manageable by the devs, and will give the player more freedom and control of personalization, without breaking any mechanics of the games customization system.

Zijina
12-05-2014, 02:03 AM
I agree, there is VERY little I can do to make my car not look like everyone elses sadly. I would have loved to atleast have layered stickers AND the option to color them.
It's like combination locks, the more numbers you add the bigger chance of having a unique code ;)

crimsonwolf911
12-05-2014, 02:24 AM
I agree, there is VERY little I can do to make my car not look like everyone elses sadly. I would have loved to atleast have layered stickers AND the option to color them.
It's like combination locks, the more numbers you add the bigger chance of having a unique code ;)

EXACTLY the effect is exponentially cumulative

TDUVETERAN
12-05-2014, 03:57 AM
ok two things, firstly I'd have to say no to making dirt spec handling the way it works all across the spec classes, dirt spec cars are supposed to slide loose in corners because its how they retain their speed in turns off road, same with raid class. Specs better suited to road racing like performance and circuit, are designed to grip the road, and hold a line through a turn, these specs favor precision over looseness, that's the way they're supposed to handle.

By the way, when the car slides loose in a turn in dirt spec its not actually a drift, its a 4 wheel power-slide, the car is using its power to change direction, in a drift, the power is being used to slide the tail out to one side, while the front wheels counter steer to prevent the car from spinning out. Best suggestion I can give here is if your playing the game with driving handling help on, switch it to hardcore, I've tried this, and I guarantee your cars tail will try to slide out in hard turns when you hammer the throttle, especially in street spec when your driving a rear wheel drive car.

Secondly, again I have to disagree with making all parts interchangeable between all the different specs. Each spec should, by default have its own unique look to some extent. I hold to what i suggested, create a set of generalized parts that can be shared and switched between all the different specs, but still keep each specs unique look intact with unique cosmetic parts that can be equipped only by that class. I'm trying to keep this idea balanced at a point where it is still manageable by the devs, and will give the player more freedom and control of personalization, without breaking any mechanics of the games customization system.

First! you said here

Best suggestion I can give here is if your playing the game with driving handling help on, switch it to hardcore, I've tried this, and I guarantee your cars tail will try to slide out in hard turns when you hammer the throttle, especially in street spec when your driving a rear wheel drive car.

Bud for one i never play assisted on ANY racing/driving game and im using the new thrustmaster t300rs, th8a shifter and t3pa pedal set,
http://i60.tinypic.com/x452j6.jpg
its my 4th wheel iv owned and second regarding dirt spec physics.... im referring to the fact its a better ( slightly more realistic, skill based ) handling model...

***(dont get me wrong, i dont think eg street spec handling is terrible.. played alot of driving games over the years with alot worse handling/physics )

...ALL ROUND and the physics should have been built from that and if you cant see that... well LOL, but each to there own i spose, i can tell you the orig HC MODE from the orig tdu was in no way realistic but was skill based and took time to master and dirt spec handling feels like a evolution of that handling and il take the hard road over the easy one every time! and in my opinion to be completely honest if i had my way id choose not seperated handling/physics engines and have one base handling and cars are tuned to a discipline by the player :)

and...

i hold to what i suggested, create a set of generalized parts that can be shared and switched between all the different specs

this is basically what i said but allowing what we already have in the game to already be used cosmetic wise now...to mix and match and its possible
but what your asking is new content to be added ( and i do agree!! with you i do... ) but its not going to happen and if it did its a longggggg way off

crimsonwolf911
12-05-2014, 04:29 AM
First! you said here

Best suggestion I can give here is if your playing the game with driving handling help on, switch it to hardcore, I've tried this, and I guarantee your cars tail will try to slide out in hard turns when you hammer the throttle, especially in street spec when your driving a rear wheel drive car.

Bud for one i never play assisted on ANY racing/driving game and im using the new thrustmaster t300rs, th8a shifter and t3pa pedal set,
its my 4th wheel iv owned and second regarding dirt spec physics.... im referring to the fact its a better ( slightly more realistic, skill based ) handling model...

***(dont get me wrong, i dont think eg street spec handling is terrible.. played alot of driving games over the years with alot worse handling/physics )

...ALL ROUND and the physics should have been built from that and if you cant see that... well LOL, but each to there own i spose, i can tell you the orig HC MODE from the orig tdu was in no way realistic but was skill based and took time to master and dirt spec handling feels like a evolution of that handling and il take the hard road over the easy one every time! and in my opinion to be completely honest if i had my way id choose not seperated handling/physics engines and have one base handling and cars are tuned to a discipline by the player :)

and...

i hold to what i suggested, create a set of generalized parts that can be shared and switched between all the different specs

this is basically what i said but allowing what we already have in the game to already be used cosmetic wise now...to mix and match and its possible
but what your asking is new content to be added ( and i do agree!! with you i do... ) but its not going to happen and if it did its a longggggg way off

gotta say bro, mad mad jelly of dat setup, still in the planning phase of getting my own sim race-put set up, T500rs is the exact wheel I want to get ahold of, along with one of those Rseat frames as well.

Unfortunately I never played TDU, I love my racing games, don't get me wrong, but a lack of a working racing wheel tends to make me apprehensive about messing with most racing games, simply because I don't have the finite control and ability to adjust I need in order to race effectively. With a keyboard I just get two settings, straight ahead, or hard down turn.

I'll be correcting that in the future, and once I do, I imagine I'll be able to better understand where you're coming from on the driving physics front, but for now, I'm just focusing on personalization in game, as for the part swapping, yes that is what you said, but your statement was more broad than you might have realized. Taking all the assorted parts from every spec and making them all interchangeable, while convenient and adding to customization, I'm worried taking that too far would break the equation of uniqueness.

Each class still needs to maintain a selection of parts that can't be used on any other spec. You're also half right about what I said on part swapping, I am suggesting adding a new set of parts that can be shared across all 5 specs, I'm also suggesting making some of the currently existing ones shareable between specs, I'm trying to encompass the immediate future in this as well as the more distant future, sorry if its causing some confusion, I might not be wording my statements quite right.

Troikster
12-05-2014, 09:12 AM
Cosmetic Part Switching
Unfortunately I think that isn't doable, I would assume that each part is kept in a separate file (or in a big data file) so it can be referenced to, so while it sounds easy to just recombine what is already there, it would require them to not only take each model file and break it down in smaller ones, it would also require a complete new car model, that isn't based of the 6-10 parts each car is made out of... maybe in The Crew 2? ^^

That sounds actually very doable, scaling the existing tire model on one or two of it's axis.

Having a profanity problem is def. one of the reasons they didn't do this, but when you're on your map press The Tab key (or L3 on your pad) and look at the Rewards(Awards?) section there, over time you will unlock more and more plates there, giving you the ability to show off your feat you're most proud of.

[Individual Part Painting
doable, brings the risk of your car looking like a clown mobile, but it's YOUR car ^^

[Customizable Stickers/Decals
That's the one I'm most mad about, not only are you correct that we could do this in games for a good 15 years now, it was also part of Test Drive Unlimted 1+2, which some of the devs were involved with and to me The Crew is in many ways a spiritual successor to them. At least to me it was a shock that you couldn't do this in this Game, I kinda think it was maybe cut from the game, maybe they were afraid of the network traffic, since you would need to send "your" texture file to each and every racer on the road that could potentially see you. But does nobody remember this thing here: http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-GB/skin-a-car/index.aspx
To this day you can paint a car anyway you want in your fricking browser, but somehow it didn't end up in the game.

Well, thank you for your post, I too hope we can still improve on this, but judging from the games DLC timeline (http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/pub/large/the_crew_dlc.jpg) it just looks like a few cars and stickers and then they are moving on, I doubt the "new features" will be a completely revamped skining and customizing system and more likely just a new game mode, like capture the flag with cars or something.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game (apart from all the current problems I don't wanne get into here), but when it comes to customizing, I was just hoping for more, a lot more...even when it comes to parts some sections just seem to not be finished, as you said you can select between hundreds of colors and rims (also interiors, there are, I think, over 200 to choose from, alomost too much) but have you noticed that e.g side mirrors, this whole section is basically empty, sometimes I can buy a normal one, sometimes a carbon one, but there is never a selection, same with sideskirts, basically empty.

crimsonwolf911
12-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Unfortunately I think that isn't doable, I would assume that each part is kept in a separate file (or in a big data file) so it can be referenced to, so while it sounds easy to just recombine what is already there, it would require them to not only take each model file and break it down in smaller ones, it would also require a complete new car model, that isn't based of the 6-10 parts each car is made out of... maybe in The Crew 2? ^^

I guarantee it is doable, for whatever reason, the devs rushed it, and made it crap, they've made the mess, its only right they straighten it up

Sisslin_Banks
12-05-2014, 10:25 AM
I guess my suggestion has been mentioned already, but it's always good to give this importance.

I want to be able to remove the wing and choose the stock hood. I don't really like that there is a preset on every style whether it is street or dirt that you have to go with eventually. I would like to go from scratch, some cars looked they've been styled by Nimrod. I prefer the stock design the most, some minor changes are alright but my Miura with the stock wing on the performance spec looks like a roof rack. It is that ugly and don't even ask me about the option you have.

Just add the option to remove the wing and have the stock hood on all specs, please.

Some minor things that I would like to see:
Tire and wheel size changeable.
Racing liveries on the circuit (GT3) cars.

rufnux
12-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Bump, agreed to everything you wrote 100%

VolatileKnight
12-06-2014, 03:01 AM
You know what else would be nice? Being able to build a car to contend with the Lambos, Ferraris and other supercars. For instance, the 69 Camaro is pretty much stuck at 500hp, or around there. Why? Most muscle cars that are built for racing have excess of 800hp. In fact, I once saw a video of a 5th Gen Camaro with 1500hp. 1500hp! Of course don't take away the feel of the muscle cars, like the less than perfect turning and all that. That's what makes a muscle car a muscle car. But why are they stuck with such low power? I mean really, it kinda sucks. It would also be funny as all hell to see a sleeper Ford Focus dominate a Lambo. Basically, I'd like to see supercars thrown off their throne. In any other game you are punished for not using a supercar. I was hoping it'd be different here, but nope. If your favorite car is a supercar, awesome. You're lucky. If not, well, sorry bud. Time to go home.

shop5E8B3E41B
12-06-2014, 03:45 AM
bumpedy

i think they should work on this asap.

the idea of unlocking parts in multiplayer missions sounds really great, that should be a thing
what about the painting rims thing.. that cant be too hard to add.

REVIVE THE NFSU/MW VISUAL TUNING!

Seshins
12-06-2014, 03:52 AM
Would also really like the option to remove the spoliers / wings. At least on the Sport and Perf specs.

crimsonwolf911
12-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Would also really like the option to remove the spoliers / wings. At least on the Sport and Perf specs.

gonna add this to the list

VolatileKnight
12-06-2014, 10:53 PM
What about beefing up performance? I don't know about you, but I'm tired of Lambos and other cars like it being the 100% undisputed king in racing games. It's getting a little old if you ask me. Because some people's favorite cars aren't something that costs close to a million dollars, isn't made in a country over seas. I would really like to see an option or a game mechanic (no pun intended) to beef up the cars performance to compete with other cars. Because my 69 Camaro that I spent a lot of time on, can be wasted by a Lambo with a lower car rank. Kinda sucks man lol.

crimsonwolf911
12-07-2014, 12:27 AM
What about beefing up performance? I don't know about you, but I'm tired of Lambos and other cars like it being the 100% undisputed king in racing games. It's getting a little old if you ask me. Because some people's favorite cars aren't something that costs close to a million dollars, isn't made in a country over seas. I would really like to see an option or a game mechanic (no pun intended) to beef up the cars performance to compete with other cars. Because my 69 Camaro that I spent a lot of time on, can be wasted by a Lambo with a lower car rank. Kinda sucks man lol.

I'd agree with this, it would be good to be able to soup up the lower end cars to the point of contention with cars like the lambo, I might update this thread with bits about this, but I'm not quite sure if it falls under the focus of this thread, im trying to put focus onto personalization of the player's cars. Souping the cars up does fall under that category, but I'm more focused on the cosmetic side of it right now

VolatileKnight
12-07-2014, 01:26 AM
I'd agree with this, it would be good to be able to soup up the lower end cars to the point of contention with cars like the lambo, I might update this thread with bits about this, but I'm not quite sure if it falls under the focus of this thread, im trying to put focus onto personalization of the player's cars. Souping the cars up does fall under that category, but I'm more focused on the cosmetic side of it right now

Yeah, I completely agree. Cosmetics are kind of a downside right now. It's just a matter of time before the devs get onto all this, because we all are asking for the same thing. More cosmetics, switching cosmetic parts from spec to spec (within reason, dirt and raid can be interchangeable whereas street, perf and circuit will be interchangeable), more vinyls and all that. I'd say give it a month or two and we should have it all man. Thanks for the reply though, appreciate it (:

crimsonwolf911
12-07-2014, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I completely agree. Cosmetics are kind of a downside right now. It's just a matter of time before the devs get onto all this, because we all are asking for the same thing. More cosmetics, switching cosmetic parts from spec to spec (within reason, dirt and raid can be interchangeable whereas street, perf and circuit will be interchangeable), more vinyls and all that. I'd say give it a month or two and we should have it all man. Thanks for the reply though, appreciate it (:

no problem man, Im working to keep this thread where the devs can see it the hard way, and the way i figure it, best way to handle the games issues is one type at a time, so I'm starting with the Customization of Player cars, and the depth to which that term applies in the game.

VolatileKnight
12-07-2014, 01:59 AM
no problem man, Im working to keep this thread where the devs can see it the hard way, and the way i figure it, best way to handle the games issues is one type at a time, so I'm starting with the Customization of Player cars, and the depth to which that term applies in the game.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Btw, I just recently thought of something, why don't we have "Official Stickers" like the Camaro hockey stripes and that sort of thing? It kinda really defines some cars. Also, the ability to paint the grills and head-light/tail-light overlay would be really cool, also tinting all glass parts. I mean not just the windows, but the head-lights and tail-lights. Haven't seen a game with both of those features, thought it would be pretty cool aha.

If I come up with anything else, I'll be sure to bump the thread and add it in, even if it may not be implemented by the devs, because they at least need to see it and consider it. I'm definitely gonna be coming back to this thread regularly.

FairLiner
12-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Am I not the only one thinking they should work with steam to make a community hub for potential custom part "pitches" so that the users can pitch their ideas for customization for any car in the game. That be a custom part for the car, or a new skin! And have it so the devs can develop it and implement the sticker layout or custom part into the game based on users votes! That way things aren't over crowded in having users just bombard the data base with their own, and it opens up a ton of possibility for everyone to see what they want!

Savage_Mk-II
12-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Very nicely put, OP. I'm in complete agreement. Especially the tire sizes and sticker editing...or for Christ's sake at least multiple sticker layers. And the unlockable cosmetic parts would give this game a totally awesome endgame idea. If there were enough of them, people would enjoy looking around for the part they need.

crimsonwolf911
12-08-2014, 05:32 AM
Am I not the only one thinking they should work with steam to make a community hub for potential custom part "pitches" so that the users can pitch their ideas for customization for any car in the game. That be a custom part for the car, or a new skin! And have it so the devs can develop it and implement the sticker layout or custom part into the game based on users votes! That way things aren't over crowded in having users just bombard the data base with their own, and it opens up a ton of possibility for everyone to see what they want!

I like this idea, it would give players a way to influence the content of the game, and to add to it, helping take some of the pressure off of ubisoft to clean up the mess they made of the release

I_5ENA_I
12-08-2014, 04:19 PM
help me keep this thread at the top of the customization forum page while I keep working on it and develop more ideas to put into my initial post, I want to make sure Ubisoft sees this, and hopefully, makes use of it.

For the sake of Ubisoft, Devs noticing it

shop5E8B3E41B
12-10-2014, 01:52 AM
- ability to remove any visual changes coming with the specs
some might like a wolf in sheeps clothing

- how about neon underglow
for all your illegal street racing needs

- exaggerated parts like wings, big bumpers, spoilers, all this nonsense
if our car is our avatar and a representative, why not go a bit crazy if you want to

- enable every colour and every sticker on every car
why restrict it anyways? why cant i have skulls on my nissan

- more stickers, less idientical looking cars
make it hipster here

if there are more small details variable, there will be even more costumization
even a little thing could make a big difference here

honestly, i think fullfilling the community's wishes is one of the most profitable things a company could do.
because a happy community keeps the game alive. amen ... i guess

1. edit: lol someone bump this

VolatileKnight
12-11-2014, 06:00 AM
Bump

Unfound23
12-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Firts I havenīt read the whole thread so sorry if I mention something that has already been suggested.

First about all the fenders, bumpers and wings:

I would like to see some subtile parts, like the BMW M5 I think this is because BMW denied the bad taste big wing style for their kind of signature car!
Itīs like the skirts which have the little "Mperformance" writing on them!
I would like to see stuff like that ingame.

You absolutely destroyed every good GT-coupe in the game for me with this stupidly huge wing on the boot.
And please kill the guy who chopped up the bentley! Who on earth would do something like this to his conti? It is solely tasteless!
I mean for a race car itīs a borderline story because the need aero for aerodynamical grip, but give me the option to cut off the spoiler and remount the standard fender panels, aswell as skirts^^

Second thing the tiny details!

As you may have already known by now, I like the clean sleeper look! So I would suggest rear bumper options without the "Sl63 AMG" writing or the "M5" badge. The side fenders on the SL without the V8 writing, these are things that make my car my own they make a car personal for me!

Or to pick up the fender thing another time, there were black series models of the SL, SLS and CLK aswell as SLK so why not do something like that?

In general give us a part that looks like the stock part, a part thatīs slightly modified but not obvious and a full on "I am crazy for carbon wings" option!
You can do so many things to your car, and as with my car I am very picky when it comes to optical mods, so there not enought in between for me in the crew.

I am stuck driving an decent M5 which I love like mad, and 7 other cars I donīt want to drive because I think the look ridiculous.

And the most funny part is for some cars you got it right, like the murcielago for example your design for the perf spec is very close to the SV version and oh boy it looks nice!
But still i wanted it to look like the original 2004 murci and the idea of that went through the designers mind, if you look at two of the rear bumpers cause they have the old exhaust setup.

But at the front again your stuck with a front bumper that hast a little spoiler lip on it -.-, that was not first murci style, and then theres the wing, again NOT EVERYTHING THAT IS TUNED NEEDS A REARWING!!!!!!

This is something people with no money, or no idea came up and screwed to their ridiculous ricers!
Sry for the Import guys XD

I even like the R34 Skyline with wings and stuff, fits to the car somehow BUT YOU DON`T DO THIS TO A BENTLEY!!!!!!!

A Bentley is a piece of art, aswell as a Ferrari or an Aston I donīt want to destroy a designers work with body parts that would maybe fit to a Daihatsu.

So thatīs only my oppionion, hope some dev reads that.....

ELITE_CMDR_666
12-12-2014, 06:58 PM
bump, agree with the stickers i for one would like to be able to change the color of them...

DeaD_AiMr
12-13-2014, 07:08 PM
Agree with all of this! Geez it would be a lot better with these things mate!

VolatileKnight
12-14-2014, 02:49 AM
Yeah, the fender thing is starting to tick me off too. I don't want flared fenders on my classic muscle cars ):

Zeuo_
12-14-2014, 04:15 AM
This thread is absolutely spot on, I love it.
Well said. Support.

zxHPlycanPRxz
12-16-2014, 12:52 PM

In Depth Cosmetic Part Switching

What this means is splitting the set parts of the cars body kit, into individual parts that the player can switch out independent of the other parts, for instance switch out the headlights for a different pair, then switch to the front grill, and switch that out for a different piece, dividing each section of the car (front/back/hood/spoiler/skirt) into individual parts that can be swapped and changed independent of one another, this would add a much needed and personally desired level of control over customization of cars for each individual player, allowing us to feel even more like we can truly take a car and make it ours.

I've played to about lvl 32, and I haven't found any switchable body parts or kits for the raid version of my challenger, and i don't really care for the look its stuck me with. All of this would improve customization massively in the short and long term.

It would give players another reason to race and explore, hell it could even be used as an incentive to pvp or coop, as unique rewards available only through pvp or coop play. It would also give the developers a channel, through which ti introduce new cosmetic parts and packs through patches and future content releases.

Cosmetic Part Sharing Between Specs

Now this is another thing that's sort of bugging me right now, each spec has its own set of parts that can be fitted to the car based on what specification it's currently set up for. I'd like to see an option put into the game to share certain parts between the different specs, this doesn't necessarily have to apply to all the cosmetic parts on every vehicle, naturally each class should still have a class specific look to it, and each spec should have its own unique parts and kits, but there should still be a generalized set of parts that can be shared and swapped between all the specs.

Again this would add yet another layer of control to customization, that could be built on in the future with the introduction of new parts and looks for different cars in game, but would also bring an immediate addition to the game in the form of yet more options for customization that players can immediately access and appreciatively make use of in personalizing their cars.

Again this one is really just cosmetic, but its one that's near and dear to my heart nonetheless, the ability to change the profile of the tires on your car, the tread of your car's tire, and the thickness of the car's wheel. This particular bit isn't really what I'd call a problem at the moment, but its definitely something that customization control freaks like me would love and appreciate nonetheless in the future, and while it wouldn't really add another layer to customization, it's just something that would be nice to have.

This one again, not really a crucial issue at the moment, but It's something I'd like to see added into the game in the near future, the ability to customize the lettering and numbering on the players license plate. As with any form of writing or lettering in a game, there exists a risk of abuse by *******s who will use it as an excuse to write "D!CKS" or "P3N!S3S" on their plates explicitly for the sake of pissing people off.

Unfortunately this is a risk every game of the massive multi-player online genre takes when it enters into this particular genre of game, trolls will be trolls, the best option for countering a risk like this, just put in an option to report players for abusive or offensive plates, same as a system for reporting offensive gamertags.

Individual Part Painting

Simple Enough, add an option in cosmetic customization to paint individual parts of the car different colors from the rest of the car eg. painting the front bumper black, while painting the car's hood red. This could be used for interior coloring as well, adding options to paint individual part types of the interior separate from the others, eg. making the stitching red, the inner seat pad black, and the outer seat padding dark red. Simple and straight-forward, adds yet another player of control to customization.

Customizable Stickers/Decals

Now this is a big one that this game needs in order to contend with the customization of past racing games such as the need for speed genre, the ability to customize and design your own decals and stickers from the ground up. To Control Freaks like me, who obsess over setting their cars up exactly the way I like to have them set up, this is one of the most important aspects of any street racing game.

Right now, all the game seems to offer is a selection of pre-designed ones to pick from, for a street racing game such as this, this isn't even close to enough. This point, to me at least is one of, if not the most important aspect of a game like this, and it needs to be addressed soon, and It likely won't be an easy fix, it will require the implementing of a new system in customization for players to make use of, the creation of a library of shapes, and pre-designed symbols, all customizable in size, shape, and color by the player.

Removal of Rear Wing/Stock Cosmetic Parts

This is what it sounds like, giving players the option to leave their car without a rear wing, and the ability to select and choose stock parts to fit onto their car when they dont feel like fancying it up and just want to keep it simple and close to its original image.

Window Tinting/Windshield Modifications/Ride Height Modifications

This particular bit encompasses tinting the windows on the player's cars and adding little bits and bobs to customize the front and back windshields of the player's cars. This can include something like adding or removing louvers to the windows, adding framing to a dirt spec cars windshield to reinforce it, switching out a standard car window for a reinforced racing one, purely cosmetic bits and pieces to add yet another layer to the customization system. It will take some doing, but every little extra layer you add to the customization will make it exponentially better.

Ride Height Modifying is what it sounds like, give players the ability to modify their car's ride height, down to the inch, we will love you for it.

I totally agree is not what they say it should be, i wai a lot time to have this game and we can compare this game with forza horizon 2 i was exepcting aomething better with alot of customisatiin and it really suck, the sound when you active the nos also it should be like need for ape
ed when you are out of nos no more. I am really dissapointted

Nemesis_AB
12-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Couldn't agree more, you are spot on with your suggestions.

Hopefully somebody will listen. This could be a great game, if they just did a little "tune up" on the customization part.

Natchai_Ubisoft
12-16-2014, 03:50 PM
hey guys, apologies I haven't been in this section since launch, but it's been busy. I just wanted to say great post!
The devs will be adding more customization options and the likes, and I'm sure they have a lot of similar ideas as the ones posted here. There's no ETA on that, I'm sorry, but I'm sure this post will serve as inspiration to them ;)

crimsonwolf911
12-16-2014, 09:02 PM
hey guys, apologies I haven't been in this section since launch, but it's been busy. I just wanted to say great post!
The devs will be adding more customization options and the likes, and I'm sure they have a lot of similar ideas as the ones posted here. There's no ETA on that, I'm sorry, but I'm sure this post will serve as inspiration to them ;)

I'm not looking for an ETA or a release time, I made this post to serve as a gathering point for all the things this game needs if the dev's want it to have a long and healthy lifespan as an MMO. For now, knowing that they see this, they know what we want, and are working on it, is enough. I have been following this games development for several years now, watching, waiting, and hoping for it to turn out well.

The initial release wasn't all it could have been, but knowing the devs realize this, and are busting their butts to make it better is all I was looking for, check back in the future, I'll be updating this thread with more ideas as I go.

B00R0cK
12-17-2014, 03:32 PM
I could not read the entire posts so if it's been mentioned before I'm sorry but another thing that bugs me is you cannot change the color of vinyls/decals.I think this game definitely needs vinyl editor by retaining this decals section.In this case, there are tons of copycat cars.I think players should be given an ability to design their own patterns.Come on guys, it's almost 2015 but what you devs gave us is from NFS Underground 2.We want something using capabilities of next-gen not old stuff from 2005.

Also, we really want to be given a chance to remove spoilers from at least performance specs.I have a Raid Hummer but its performance version with that spoiler is a total disaster.The Hummer in performance spec totally looks like Hot Wheels toy.Instead, this Hummer may be customized like Tsun's H1 which is street spec I guess.

kunigunde2109
12-18-2014, 12:33 PM
This was perfect. Really! There are so many threads of people being disappointed (including me) by the customization part which was advertised differently. You sum up everything in one post and make amazing suggestions. I hope the devs see this and do something about their lazy job in this regard. Thank you for this post.

crimsonwolf911
12-20-2014, 02:20 AM
This was perfect. Really! There are so many threads of people being disappointed (including me) by the customization part which was advertised differently. You sum up everything in one post and make amazing suggestions. I hope the devs see this and do something about their lazy job in this regard. Thank you for this post.

when I bought this game, I was doing more than just getting in on some quick clean fun, I was making an investment in something I wanted to see become a reality, and a damn good quality one at that. *****ing and moaning about how this doesn't work and that doesn't work isn't going to help get the problem fixed, its just going to make someone feel bad.

My aim with this post, was, and still is, to put into words, all my ideas on how the game can be made better, and more fulfilling to the people that have bought it, as well as serving as a gathering point for all the ideas of the community that plays this game. All I'm trying to do is show the devs what would make players like me, obsessed with personalization, happy and satisfied with this game.

kunigunde2109
12-23-2014, 05:35 PM
when I bought this game, I was doing more than just getting in on some quick clean fun, I was making an investment in something I wanted to see become a reality, and a damn good quality one at that. *****ing and moaning about how this doesn't work and that doesn't work isn't going to help get the problem fixed, its just going to make someone feel bad.

My aim with this post, was, and still is, to put into words, all my ideas on how the game can be made better, and more fulfilling to the people that have bought it, as well as serving as a gathering point for all the ideas of the community that plays this game. All I'm trying to do is show the devs what would make players like me, obsessed with personalization, happy and satisfied with this game.

Well you did a very good job. Thank you for your post and writing out what many of us think, but in a constructive way.

josh40601
12-23-2014, 07:30 PM
Props to the OP for the well thought out post.

Couple of things I would like to add.

Raid Spec lack of customizing. I know it is included in the headings about using parts across the specs, but I wanted to point out this specifically as there is no way to fix the ugly on some of the raid spec cars. For instance the big brush guard things and wings on the Camaro and Challenger. I definitely would like options similar to the dirt options for bumpers and hoods on the raid spec cars.

And I definitely want to highlight the ability to remove the big wings off cars. I mean the old hot rod in Perf spec looks so killer except that wing. I don't feel like this would be a really hard feature to add to the game as the cars don't have the big wings in the stock spec, and they have the ability to keep the original wheels throughout all the specs, so I feel like this could be something similar.

The hoods... On the 69 RS, the only way to get the factory SS hood is in carbon fiber. This hood along with the cowl hood for the 2010 Camaro should be available in both painted or carbon. Again, I don't think this would be too difficult of a feature to add, as these options are available in other specs.

Matte Paint?? So one of the most popular things in the car scene right now is the matte paint jobs. The closest thing I have found in the game is the "Anodized", but it still isn't Matte. Again, this doesn't seem too tough because it is basically changing the reflection properties of the paint, but I'm not a programmer, so this may be much more difficult than I think it is.

I know I kinda covered things that were already mentioned in the 1st post, but I wanted to really highlight a few things that were kinda like, "Really? They don't have this in the game??"

crimsonwolf911
01-08-2015, 04:08 AM
Props to the OP for the well thought out post.

Couple of things I would like to add.

Raid Spec lack of customizing. I know it is included in the headings about using parts across the specs, but I wanted to point out this specifically as there is no way to fix the ugly on some of the raid spec cars. For instance the big brush guard things and wings on the Camaro and Challenger. I definitely would like options similar to the dirt options for bumpers and hoods on the raid spec cars.

And I definitely want to highlight the ability to remove the big wings off cars. I mean the old hot rod in Perf spec looks so killer except that wing. I don't feel like this would be a really hard feature to add to the game as the cars don't have the big wings in the stock spec, and they have the ability to keep the original wheels throughout all the specs, so I feel like this could be something similar.

The hoods... On the 69 RS, the only way to get the factory SS hood is in carbon fiber. This hood along with the cowl hood for the 2010 Camaro should be available in both painted or carbon. Again, I don't think this would be too difficult of a feature to add, as these options are available in other specs.

Matte Paint?? So one of the most popular things in the car scene right now is the matte paint jobs. The closest thing I have found in the game is the "Anodized", but it still isn't Matte. Again, this doesn't seem too tough because it is basically changing the reflection properties of the paint, but I'm not a programmer, so this may be much more difficult than I think it is.

I know I kinda covered things that were already mentioned in the 1st post, but I wanted to really highlight a few things that were kinda like, "Really? They don't have this in the game??"

I agree with the Matte Point and the Carbon/Metal Hoods point, but I wanna point out, I've long since updated the thread to include spoiler removal, and I believe the problem of no raid customization was in the post to begin with, I know it's a ridiculously long post to read, so i figured I'd point that out.

Oscar97o
01-08-2015, 03:13 PM
I think Raid customization should be very limited and should make the car even more extremely modified. You should be able to remove the spoiler, but that should be the only option for spoilers. Adding lights on the roof would be nice, as well as removing useless parts (no trunk, no rear mirrors). And you should choose where you want to put spare tyres (on the roof, in the (removed) trunk...).

I like the way they look like right now.

RiZ444
01-09-2015, 04:55 AM
Agree with the first post. At least it's possible and i want to see customizable primitive decals (such as stripes, lines, etc). I mean change color to blue/red/yellow or ready-made color stickers. Also would be awesome have a new parts which is currently not - new tuning wide fenders at choice, gills in the fenders, rear wings, may be new bumpers, rims and all stock parts. Raid and Circuit specs also must be customizable. I hope developers read and notice this and it will be added with future Season Pass DLC's and patches. Thanks!

needforsuv
01-09-2015, 12:28 PM
biggest bummers
raid and circuit spec
as for stock parks most specs have them
also the exisiting stripes are just plain bad they are like way to far apart and not colored

Oscar97o
01-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Agree with the first post. At least it's possible and i want to see customizable primitive decals (such as stripes, lines, etc). I mean change color to blue/red/yellow or ready-made color stickers. Also would be awesome have a new parts which is currently not - new tuning wide fenders at choice, gills in the fenders, rear wings, may be new bumpers, rims and all stock parts. Raid and Circuit specs also must be customizable. I hope developers read and notice this and it will be added with future Season Pass DLC's and patches. Thanks!

As this thread is pretty old I think you should send a PM to a CM if you want to let the devs know that.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
01-09-2015, 03:30 PM
We are reading ;)

crimsonwolf911
01-10-2015, 06:40 AM
As this thread is pretty old I think you should send a PM to a CM if you want to let the devs know that.

this thread might be old, but it is still very much active

crimsonwolf911
01-10-2015, 06:41 AM
We are reading ;)

excellent, now make this customization freak WANT more of your game.

Zeuo_
01-10-2015, 06:59 AM
This thread is spot on, happily read every word of the first post and I agree completely.
This game is great as it is, but in customization it's disappointing. Forced carbon fibre and spoilers makes me dislike my cars, when I dislike my cars I don't enjoy the game, and as it is I'm playing a lot less. I own all of the cars and I like about 3 of them, I know this game has sooooo much potential to have crazy in depth options. I mean the amazing animations and detail on the engines and removing parts, all that is absolutely great. But the content, and options to go with it simply could be better.

Edit: I've already posted on this thread I see, I didn't even remember that. It's great to see that this thread is still alive and getting so much attention, good things will come out of this so thank you OP :D