PDA

View Full Version : Waste of money!!!

Okiro
12-03-2014, 12:20 PM
I bought this game 2 weeks ago on digital download from cdkeys.com. I have never had a problem with the downloads they have sent me until this one. I foolishly downloaded it without fully understanding the ridiculous specs that you need to have for the PC version.
In these 2 weeks I haven't been able to get passed the religious disclaimer screen. It freezes and says that ACU.exe has stopped working. I did every work around imaginable and I was then told that it was under spec. To that Ubisoft I just want to say EFF YOU!! I can play Skyrim in ultra settings with nearly a Gig of Mods and it runs as smooth as anything. It uses about 8% of my CPU and that is it!! But when it comes to this game a 50Gb install and a 400 processor is needed to play this, not to mention a 300 graphics card. WHAT?!
Even when this was getting reviewed by PC gamer they said that the requirements were stupid!! I didn't believe them at all but it turns out to be true. I can't believe that it needs so much ****ing power to play!! It's absolute insanity!!
I don't understand why it needs so much more to play it on a PC when you need half as much to play it on an Xbox or Playstation. It's almost like they want to tell all us PC gamers to **** OFF and by a console!! Well I for one don't want to! The last Xbox I had decided to wipe all my saves from the last 7 years of my life from the hard drive. Now why the hell would I want to go and buy another one?!
I have no hope of getting a refund or anything like that because they will just pass the blame back to myself. Which no doubt a number of you will reply saying something like 'you should have checked the specs dude!' But that's beside the point. The point is that the only games that should require that amount of power and space are MMO's like WoW and others like Starcraft. Or even Dead rising. Not a game that you can only play with 3 of your friends online, and certainly not a game that you can't even see the need for the specs that they expect you to have.
The Division is/was on my list for next year but after this fiasco I think that I'm just going to boycott Ubisoft from now on. In all honesty I hope that they go bust!! Maybe that way they will understand that they have made a massive mistake by releasing a game that is full of glitches and bugs.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Lignjoslav
12-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Truth be told, the game can't really maintain a smooth franerate on consoles either. If you want the same experience as the consoles, you need 8GB RAM, which is what consoles have, and a recent Nvidia card (GTX 750 Ti is ~120€ and runs this game at 900p resolution, which is what consoles do). The CPU doesn't have to be crazy expensive (yeah, it won't be silky smooth, but, again, it's the same on consoles).

Long story short, the game is equally unoptimized on all platforms, except for AMD cards where it really sucks. Hopefully the upcomming patch comes soon and makes this game run reasonably well.

similarly
12-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Just because you can play one game, does not mean you can play another. Skyrim is already 3 years old.

You just have to make sure to always check the specs before you buy. If I have ONLY minimum specs, I won't buy it because very often even minimum specs these days aren't enough. Don't blame ubisoft.

Nocturnal626
12-03-2014, 06:33 PM
I bought this game 2 weeks ago on digital download from cdkeys.com. I have never had a problem with the downloads they have sent me until this one. I foolishly downloaded it without fully understanding the ridiculous specs that you need to have for the PC version.
In these 2 weeks I haven't been able to get passed the religious disclaimer screen. It freezes and says that ACU.exe has stopped working. I did every work around imaginable and I was then told that it was under spec. To that Ubisoft I just want to say EFF YOU!! I can play Skyrim in ultra settings with nearly a Gig of Mods and it runs as smooth as anything. It uses about 8% of my CPU and that is it!! But when it comes to this game a 50Gb install and a 400 processor is needed to play this, not to mention a 300 graphics card. WHAT?!
Even when this was getting reviewed by PC gamer they said that the requirements were stupid!! I didn't believe them at all but it turns out to be true. I can't believe that it needs so much ****ing power to play!! It's absolute insanity!!
I don't understand why it needs so much more to play it on a PC when you need half as much to play it on an Xbox or Playstation. It's almost like they want to tell all us PC gamers to **** OFF and by a console!! Well I for one don't want to! The last Xbox I had decided to wipe all my saves from the last 7 years of my life from the hard drive. Now why the hell would I want to go and buy another one?!
I have no hope of getting a refund or anything like that because they will just pass the blame back to myself. Which no doubt a number of you will reply saying something like 'you should have checked the specs dude!' But that's beside the point. The point is that the only games that should require that amount of power and space are MMO's like WoW and others like Starcraft. Or even Dead rising. Not a game that you can only play with 3 of your friends online, and certainly not a game that you can't even see the need for the specs that they expect you to have.
The Division is/was on my list for next year but after this fiasco I think that I'm just going to boycott Ubisoft from now on. In all honesty I hope that they go bust!! Maybe that way they will understand that they have made a massive mistake by releasing a game that is full of glitches and bugs.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Have you seen the Population of the citys? Probably not cause you cant load the game. But There are MASSIVE amounts of NPC's walking around everywhere bumping into you with paths and even scripted events going on simultaniously. Also the graphics are some of the best in game to date! So if you mad cause you can play skyrim but not this its on you man. If you don't Own a beast PC then you should be checking specs before purchase. Boycott all you want man im doing the same but because of the Unacceptable amount of bugs this game was shipped with. Even on my sick PC i get framerate drops intermitently after the last patch. (Was fine before that) But all in all man you are raging for the wrong reasons.

Lignjoslav
12-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Graphics are mediocre in today's terms. This is hardly the first game to feature ambient occlusion or soft shadows, both of which can be disabled, without massively increasing the performance, btw, so they are not the system killers.

The other suspected system killer, the NPC count, impressive as it is, is also not to blame. Ubisoft said that they experimented with smaller crowds and that it made no change, and that's supported by the fact that you can often get really low framerates indoors, go outside into the crowds and have them improve etc.

Everything else, the lighting, the textures... is no more than okay by today's standards (only modern standards are pretty high, so it's still nice to look at, but compared to some other games, nothing special). So you could take away everything that's technically impressive in this game and it would still run like poop.

And regardless of anything, when you release a game that stutters on consoles, you've failed.
When you release a game and then three patches for it within the first couple of weeks, with the promisse to deliver a fourth one ASAP, you've failed.

Okiro
12-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Fair comments from all of you!!
Yes I should check the specs and make sure that I can run the game at more than the recommended ones.
And yes Skyrim is 3 years old.
But I just don't understand how one game can cause so much BS!! I mean if you design something that you know that people have been waiting for, for an age. Then surely you would make it as accessible as you possibly could to make sure that it keeps the franchise strong!! Is that not just common sense?! By making this game so unbelievably big, they forgot to make sure that the core of the game 'PLAYABILITY' was as good as it possibly could be.
If this amount of us are saying that they have properly effed up, and people are saying not to blame Ubisoft. Then who are we supposed to blame?
Yes I have less than the required specs. But there's at least 2 of you who have a dislike for what they have done with this game as well. Just, as you say, for different reasons. So surely Ubisoft has a responsibility to correct its error as a business. And I don't mean by giving free stuff that also doesn't work. Or free stuff in a broken game. Just give us a working game without all the bugs and glitches and INSANE PC specs. Especially if the game has frame rate issues when you run it with more than the minimum required rig.

similarly
12-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Well, there are two reasons for it, Okiro.

1. There's a theory that game developers deliberately create games so that you have to keep buying more powerful computers and consoles so that computer and console manufacturers will sell newer and more expensive computers and consoles, and the manufacturers in turn help the game developers with code and exclusive contracts to help sell the latest games.

2. If you reduce graphics levels so that more people will play, more people will complain that the graphics are bad. Everybody always talks about games in terms of graphics and how they look because it seems this is what's more important to especially younger gamers (rather than gameplay). Naturally, before we every play a game, what attracts us to a game is the way it looks and good graphics, the best and latest graphics, can draw more people to the game, even if they can't actually play it.

strigoi1958
12-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Well, there are two reasons for it, Okiro.

1. There's a theory that game developers deliberately create games so that you have to keep buying more powerful computers and consoles so that computer and console manufacturers will sell newer and more expensive computers and consoles, and the manufacturers in turn help the game developers with code and exclusive contracts to help sell the latest games.

2. If you reduce graphics levels so that more people will play, more people will complain that the graphics are bad. Everybody always talks about games in terms of graphics and how they look because it seems this is what's more important to especially younger gamers (rather than gameplay). Naturally, before we every play a game, what attracts us to a game is the way it looks and good graphics, the best and latest graphics, can draw more people to the game, even if they can't actually play it.

This^^^^

Lignjoslav
12-05-2014, 11:14 PM
When Crysis came out, no card could run it maxed out at 1080p, but:

maxed out it looked like no game before
with details turned down it ran well on ordinary hardware

Unity, on the other hand:

looks sweet, but not groundbreaking maxed out
turned down, it looks "low", but still often runs awfully on otherwise completely acceptable hardware (for instance, Unity at low stll runs a lot worse than AC IV on high, even though at those settings it looks a lot worse).