PDA

View Full Version : Questions About the PS4 Version

playlisting
12-03-2014, 02:41 AM
1. How difficult is it? I generally play on PC but am starting to play on my PS4 a lot more, but I haven't gotten very good at aiming yet. Can I enable aim assist? Are there varying degrees of difficulty like in Far Cry 3?

2. Is it buggy? Following the release of AC: Unity I'm a bit sceptical about Ubisoft's releases in terms of technical polish.

3. How's performance? I know it's a locked 30 FPS which I'm fine with, but how solid is it?

4. How's the graphics? I know PS4 is running it at full 1080p which is always a plus, but how are the textures/lighting/foliage/particle effects and so on. I know Ubisoft has used a new anti-aliasing method called HRAA which is a mix of normal AA & PPAA, does it blur the image or does it remain nice and sharp? Some high-res screenshots would be much appreciated :D

CAKE-76
12-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Aim assist is better on ps4 for sure. I used a 360 controller on pc as the mouse control was a mess.

Didn't notice much bugs to be honest other than some events not triggering but was easily fixed by reloading the checkpoint.

Didn't notice any frame rate drops. It is 30 fps but it doesn't harm the game. I had the pc version first that ran at 60 fps but the stuttering was bad.

Graphics are real good. Can't complain compared to the pc. Yes the pc looks better if you have a nvidia card and use the sun rays option but it also introduces a misty kind of look that might not please everyone. The ps4 version is clean with good image quality and no blurring.

I enjoyed the ps4 version more than the pc. The game is very good indeed.

playlisting
12-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Aim assist is better on ps4 for sure. I used a 360 controller on pc as the mouse control was a mess.

Didn't notice much bugs to be honest other than some events not triggering but was easily fixed by reloading the checkpoint.

Didn't notice any frame rate drops. It is 30 fps but it doesn't harm the game. I had the pc version first that ran at 60 fps but the stuttering was bad.

Graphics are real good. Can't complain compared to the pc. Yes the pc looks better if you have a nvidia card and use the sun rays option but it also introduces a misty kind of look that might not please everyone. The ps4 version is clean with good image quality and no blurring.

I enjoyed the ps4 version more than the pc. The game is very good indeed.

Good to hear :D Thanks for the information. I have a HD 7970 in my PC so I wouldn't have the NVIDIA stuff anyway, so that doesn't bother me. After looking at some PS4 gameplay it looks amazing!

Sejdovic11
12-03-2014, 09:40 PM
I have no problems with it on my PS4. You can enable aim assist, but I play without it. Fps is solid, I didn't notice any drops in it (Unity is mess in that category). Graphics are pretty awesome, Kyrat feels very alive with those animals and stuff. I can say that I'm enjoying this game very much. This screenshot has been taken directly through my PS4 with that Share option.

http://shrani.si/f/1Y/Ly/4HTFzaRv/fc4.jpg

I hope that this will help you, I really like this game. Go for it...

playlisting
12-03-2014, 11:23 PM
I have no problems with it on my PS4. You can enable aim assist, but I play without it. Fps is solid, I didn't notice any drops in it (Unity is mess in that category). Graphics are pretty awesome, Kyrat feels very alive with those animals and stuff. I can say that I'm enjoying this game very much. This screenshot has been taken directly through my PS4 with that Share option.

http://shrani.si/f/1Y/Ly/4HTFzaRv/fc4.jpg

I hope that this will help you, I really like this game. Go for it...

Thanks for the information and the screenshot! Game looks beautiful. 100% getting this. The wait begins!

Sejdovic11
12-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the information and the screenshot! Game looks beautiful. 100% getting this. The wait begins!

No problem, I'm glad if I can help :)