PDA

View Full Version : GORE SETTINGS

GUNCAM
03-24-2004, 12:34 PM
Hello everyone.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me why the gore settings wont work...i cant see the blood in the cockpit or the slumped over dead pilots/gunners...There is no better satisfaction than seeing the glass of a cockpit or gunner turret go red....lol..after a run on a plane! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

GUNCAM
03-24-2004, 12:34 PM
Hello everyone.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me why the gore settings wont work...i cant see the blood in the cockpit or the slumped over dead pilots/gunners...There is no better satisfaction than seeing the glass of a cockpit or gunner turret go red....lol..after a run on a plane! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

_VR_ScorpionWorm
03-24-2004, 01:08 PM
I believe somebody else already mentioned this. Please look it up on this thread or community help. I don't remember where I saw it last.

"We went like this, He went like that, I said to Hollywood 'Where'd he go?', Hollywood said, 'Where'd WHO go'-TOPGUN

Green-Parrot
03-24-2004, 01:43 PM
nice!

FI_Deathsledge
03-24-2004, 03:20 PM
i only ever seen this in the first IL-2 with the HE-111's. it doesnt appear to work in AEP. it sure is cool http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/59.gif

PBNA-Boosher
03-24-2004, 07:13 PM
It was I who brought up this topic on the GD forum, but I only wanted to know which aircraft had it, I didn't ask for it to be implemented in more. I also just want you to know, having the pilot's blood all over they cockpit is sick, and twisted. While it may seem good to you, it is disrespectful. To you it may be realistic, but having that "blood" displayed is very unnerving to those of the community that are veterans or those that have experienced combat. This game is for people to have fun, and how can a veteran have fun with gory memories popping into his head all the time? What is good for you may not be good for someone else. The slumping is a fine effect. And if it is implemented in more planes, great, but it is not a major thing and shouldn't be considered as one.

Z4K
03-24-2004, 09:17 PM
What? That makes no sense - it's a combat game. The entire point of the game is to kill people. I can't see that not rendering blood makes it any less confronting. I suppose you're the sort of person that tells kiddies "no no darling, Bambi's mother is just sleeping." Perhaps you'll be able to get Oleg to change the HUD message to "Pilot sleeping" or "Gunner gone to a special place".

It's not like the gore settings were ever default on, or they were even easy to turn on. The only people who were exposed to it were people who wanted to see it.

It was good to have and I'd like to see it in AEP on all aircraft. People who don't want it can LEAVE IT OFF and not worry about it.

Indianer.
03-25-2004, 12:29 AM
LOL lmao Z4K....my wife is just like that. She wouldnt let my daughter have a toy gun, so I secretly went out and bought her a little plastic AK47. She hasnt put it down since!

"Wer auf die preussische Fahne schwort, hat nichts mehr, was ihm selber gehort"

LLv34_Jani
03-25-2004, 01:36 AM
Z4K...Well said http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lawn_Dart
03-25-2004, 02:26 AM
I'm with ZK4 on this one...

It is a WAR game afterall. If you are freaked out about folks dying, it is probably not too smart to have installed it on your system in the first place.

...I am reminded of the dorks who complained about having vietnam flashbacks while watching the movie "The Deerhunter" and wanted the movie banned. The answer: DON'T go see the movie. Problem solved!

M0NS
03-25-2004, 02:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:
It was I who brought up this topic on the GD forum, but I only wanted to know which aircraft had it, I didn't ask for it to be implemented in more. I also just want you to know, having the pilot's blood all over they cockpit is sick, and twisted. While it may seem good to you, it is disrespectful. To you it may be realistic, but having that "blood" displayed is very unnerving to those of the community that are veterans or those that have experienced combat. This game is for people to have fun, and how can a veteran have fun with gory memories popping into his head all the time? What is good for you may not be good for someone else. The slumping is a fine effect. And if it is implemented in more planes, great, but it is not a major thing and shouldn't be considered as one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why play a war game if you have PTSD or bad memories & it makes you feel bad? Wouldn't it be better not to or get some therapy? Blood & gore is present in many other games & there is often the option of turning it off or using a parental lock with a password.
The gore feature for the Heinkels & the 109F4 was pretty well made & would be a nice option if implemented for all planes - though it would not IMO make the game more or less fun to play.

S!

M0NS

"So when Diogenes perceived that he was greatly excited and quite keyed up in mind with expectancy, he toyed with him and pulled him about in the hope that somehow he might be moved from his pride and thirst for glory and be able to sober up a little. For he noticed that at one time he was delighted, and at another grieved at the same thing, and that his soul was as unsettled as the weather at the solstices when both rain and sunshine come from the very same source."

(Dio Chrysostom "Discourse" 4.77-78)

GUNCAM
03-27-2004, 06:41 AM
Thanks guys ! I loved the old Blood in the cockpit and i really think it adds to the game! Sorry for ALL that dont...

Slammin_
03-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Finally, a thread that makes me laugh!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WUAF_Badsight
03-27-2004, 09:36 AM
this is FB-v1.22

http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Badsight/Gore_Heinkel.jpg

horseback
03-27-2004, 10:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lawn_Dart:
I'm with ZK4 on this one...

It is a WAR game afterall. If you are freaked out about folks dying, it is probably not too smart to have installed it on your system in the first place.

...I am reminded of the dorks who complained about having vietnam flashbacks while watching the movie "The Deerhunter" and wanted the movie banned. The answer: DON'T go see the movie. Problem solved!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lmao, the funny thing was, that movie was so UNLIKE the real experience that the ones who claimed to be having "flashbacks" were never in Vietnam in the first place.

Who gives a rat's patoot about what one views on his own screen? Do these people think they're being watched by the spirits of aces long dead? Do they have little ceremonies to appease the spirits of the AI pilots and gunners they've slaughtered for an evening's entertainment?

As long as the Gore I see in my enemy's canopy isn't Al-"I-invented-the-internet" (I've seen enough of HIM to last a couple of lifetimes), I don't care.

cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944

Curly_109
03-27-2004, 11:34 AM
if you dont wanna gore in gamez than take chess or similar games. this statement applies to all you people who are scared of blood, swastikas and similar things that are seeing around world in ww2...

i'm just kidding, no offence, but if you still don't wanna see this things in-game than turn it off like someone says above my topic.

we want as many reality as possible... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/59.gif

tttiger
03-27-2004, 11:52 AM
I strongly suspect that all those arguing for "gore" never have been in combat (or been a cop or a firefighter or an ambulance driver) and never have seen it "up close and personal."

I've been there, I've done that. Many times. I don't need to see it on a game I play for entertainment.

Besides, I voted for Nader in the last election http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

ttt

"I want the one that kills the best with the least amount of risk to me"

-- Chuck Yeager describing "The Best Airplane."

SeaFireLIV
03-27-2004, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tttiger:
I've been there, I've done that. Many times. I don't need to see it on a game I play for entertainment.

Besides, I voted for Nader in the last election http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

ttt

"I want the one that kills the best with the least amount of risk to me"

-- Chuck Yeager describing "The Best Airplane."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don`t belittle your experience at all, but that does not mean it`s correct to hide the truth. For those of us who wish that extra bit of realism (which would not be seen all the time, just as necessary, it should be there. It used to be an option, now it`s not even an option? Why? (I do not like to say this but I too have had some experience with death. I never associated it with wanting Blood in FB, respectfully, I don`t think you should either).

VMF-214_HaVoK
03-27-2004, 12:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:
It was I who brought up this topic on the GD forum, but I only wanted to know which aircraft had it, I didn't ask for it to be implemented in more. I also just want you to know, having the pilot's blood all over they cockpit is sick, and twisted. While it may seem good to you, it is disrespectful. To you it may be realistic, but having that "blood" displayed is very unnerving to those of the community that are veterans or those that have experienced combat. This game is for people to have fun, and how can a veteran have fun with gory memories popping into his head all the time? What is good for you may not be good for someone else. The slumping is a fine effect. And if it is implemented in more planes, great, but it is not a major thing and shouldn't be considered as one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suggest you find a new hobby bud. Personally I like the high gore and dont consider myself sick or twisted. You should not insult people who dont share your point of view or speak for everyone who you think might.
S~

http://www.aviation-history.com/vought/98027.jpg

PBNA-Boosher
03-27-2004, 12:35 PM
I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I did not mean to. I believe you got the gist of what I was saying and have effectively countered it. I apologize.

stelr
03-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Sorry, can't agree tttiger.

I'm sure you are in earnest, but not all vets would agree. In the last 30 years, I've been in three wars and was shot at (and missed http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif) in two, but I gotta agree with the others who posted that want the "immersive" effect. That means the slumped pilot/gunner, swastika, etc. Too much PC nowadays anyway.

Think it was R.E. Lee that said (and I paraphrase here)..."Let us be thankful that war is so horrible lest we grow too fond of it." (or somthing like that)

v/r
Stel
AKA "Machek"

http://home.nc.rr.com/stel/LTCSTEL11.jpg

73GIAP_Milan
03-27-2004, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What? That makes no sense - it's a combat game. The entire point of the game is to kill people. I can't see that not rendering blood makes it any less confronting. I suppose you're the sort of person that tells kiddies "no no darling, Bambi's mother is just sleeping." Perhaps you'll be able to get Oleg to change the HUD message to "Pilot sleeping" or "Gunner gone to a special place".

It's not like the gore settings were ever default on, or they were even easy to turn on. The only people who were exposed to it were people who wanted to see it.

It was good to have and I'd like to see it in AEP on all aircraft. People who don't want it can LEAVE IT OFF and not worry about it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I TOTALLY agree to this guy here...and still the gore effects are still some underrated...not that I want to see guts and stuff but well,...sometimes it became a bit messy onboard of those planes...

And the blood effects only give a MUCH better visual confirm that a pilot or gunner indeed "has left this world"...and as far as this flightsim is focused on realism, i really believe that these gore settings should be in for ALL planes...

and with some switch to disable/enable it, to keep the fainthearted from whining....
Get this topic to Oleg and make him fix this once and for all....REALISM = GORE ENABLED!

just my 2 Eurocents on this case...

Salute!

Regards,

Der Tote Baron a.k.a. SK_Black_Knight....

wotan111
03-27-2004, 07:15 PM
I agree to.

In IL2 at least you could see the pilot head drop.

From books Ive read an awfull amount of blood could be see inside and outside of planes.

I dont want awful amounts just sometimes a bit and when a gunner or pilot is killed you can tell he is dead.

Franzen
03-27-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm for realism. I want the head slump, a little blodd, swastikas, and exhaust fumes. I was told it's possible to turn on the swastikas. True or false? If true I wish I knew how.

Fritz

Vladimir_No2
03-27-2004, 07:46 PM
The easy way to turn on the swastikas is to download a program called "Sturmovik Stab."

http://ww1.m78.com/photo-2/scharnhorst.jpg
"Engage the enemy more closely" -Rear Admiral Cradock

Franzen
03-28-2004, 08:31 AM
Thx Vlad. This is a cool program. My planes look more realistic now. Took a lot of work to download it. If anyone tries and has problems I'd recommend using "Getright". That worked well.

Fritz

GUNCAM
04-09-2004, 09:09 AM
bump