PDA

View Full Version : Annoying online issue

ManekiNeko.
12-02-2014, 11:59 AM
as far i know, even though i'm equipped with a GTX 780, not only me, but many others have also experienced random freezes for a few seconds or up to 10-15 seconds long before the game resumes itself, it doesn't crash but it still pisses me off a lot as it disorientates the flow of gameplay but now I got a new annoying issue that happens in private sessions.

For example, i'm party leader, I invite a friend to come over my session, I assume I'm the host since I'm the party leader, we play co-op and about 40 minutes into the co-op session, my game freezes up again randomly, recovers and it suddenly states that my friend has "left the session" but in fact he is still in the game playing as per normal and then my screen exits the session and transport me back to Paris in my solo session and a message pops up saying "I have been kicked from the session" wtf.

Yeah, i'm host and I kicked myself out of the game while my friend continues playing without getting a host migration message. I don't freaking get it, seriously. Anyone can shed some light on this? Or being the party leader doesn't automatically make you a host? This happens 90% of the time whenever my game freezes up on co-op sessions if i'm party leader. On rare occasions when the freeze doesn't last beyond 3 seconds, the session continues on as per normal after that. It occurs only if a long freeze is involved, usually 10 seconds or longer, and i will get "kicked" again. After i rejoin my friend back, this doesn't happen again.

Waiting for a new patch to resolve this. Apparently the new patch doesn't change anything much for me. Frame rates as still the same and the random freezing is just annoying as hell.

Erfivur
12-02-2014, 12:59 PM
as far i know, even though i'm equipped with a GTX 780, not only me, but many others have also experienced random freezes for a few seconds or up to 10-15 seconds long before the game resumes itself, it doesn't crash but it still pisses me off a lot as it disorientates the flow of gameplay but now I got a new annoying issue that happens in private sessions.

For example, i'm party leader, I invite a friend to come over my session, I assume I'm the host since I'm the party leader, we play co-op and about 40 minutes into the co-op session, my game freezes up again randomly, recovers and it suddenly states that my friend has "left the session" but in fact he is still in the game playing as per normal and then my screen exits the session and transport me back to Paris in my solo session and a message pops up saying "I have been kicked from the session" wtf.

Yeah, i'm host and I kicked myself out of the game while my friend continues playing without getting a host migration message. I don't freaking get it, seriously. Anyone can shed some light on this? Or being the party leader doesn't automatically make you a host? This happens 90% of the time whenever my game freezes up on co-op sessions if i'm party leader. On rare occasions when the freeze doesn't last beyond 3 seconds, the session continues on as per normal after that. It occurs only if a long freeze is involved, usually 10 seconds or longer, and i will get "kicked" again. After i rejoin my friend back, this doesn't happen again.

Waiting for a new patch to resolve this. Apparently the new patch doesn't change anything much for me. Frame rates as still the same and the random freezing is just annoying as hell.

I believe when you are on a co-op mission it changes the rules a bit.
I was playing as host with my brother yesterday and his Uplay crashed so he lost connection to the game.
Shortly after I also got kicked from the coop mission we were on with the same message you had.

I believe when you do a coop mission the "mission" itself becomes the host and if the group collapses it essentially kicks everyone out.

I assume in this case you had a connectivity issue with the game/uplay server. Whether it was at your end or their end is unknown but it is most likely non the less.
best you can do is check your ports are forwarded appropriately for Uplay/AC and hope for the best in the future.
If it turns out to be a fault at Ubi's end you can only hope they sort their infrastructure out and try to have fun in the mean time.

ManekiNeko.
12-02-2014, 01:25 PM
I believe when you are on a co-op mission it changes the rules a bit.
I was playing as host with my brother yesterday and his Uplay crashed so he lost connection to the game.
Shortly after I also got kicked from the coop mission we were on with the same message you had.

I believe when you do a coop mission the "mission" itself becomes the host and if the group collapses it essentially kicks everyone out.

I assume in this case you had a connectivity issue with the game/uplay server. Whether it was at your end or their end is unknown but it is most likely non the less.
best you can do is check your ports are forwarded appropriately for Uplay/AC and hope for the best in the future.
If it turns out to be a fault at Ubi's end you can only hope they sort their infrastructure out and try to have fun in the mean time.

you mean during co-op sessions it is hosted on a dedicated server instead?

i'm pretty sure it's Ubi's fault since my ports are all forwarded

Erfivur
12-02-2014, 01:36 PM
you mean during co-op sessions it is hosted on a dedicated server instead?

i'm pretty sure it's Ubi's fault since my ports are all forwarded

Then there is nothing to do but wait on Ubi.
There servers seem pretty bad tbh. Whether it's uplay/initiates/the companion app/multiplayer, half the time one of them fails to connect.

You might want to try fiddling with your routers firewall, temporarily at least, my brother saw some positive results with that.