PDA

View Full Version : Dead Kings

AOD_Rct_pafire
12-02-2014, 05:30 AM
when is dead king come out to play dec or next year ?

Bahjabroni
12-02-2014, 08:29 AM
when is dead king come out to play dec or next year ?

They haven't announced a date yet.

If we use Black Flag as an example, Freedom Cry first appeared as DLC the week before Christmas. It was released as a standalone game in February.

However, Unity has had A LOT more problems than Black Flag did when it launched. I imagine they want to get the base game running better before releasing the DLC. I would bet January for Dead Kings b/c of this, but mid to late December is not out of the question.

Don't worry about knowing when. As soon as a date is announced it will almost certainly be a sticky topic.

ShadoeKat
12-02-2014, 04:55 PM
I have the season pass, and last week... and either Ubisoft knows this or not... or they are getting things ready for Dead Kings. But the start of Dead Kings and the weapons and outfits showed up in my game. I have not played because the outfits and weapons are locked until you play the mission. I don't want to play it yet because in case it messes up something. So I'm going to wait until they officially announce it's good to go.

The mission start for me shows up on the side of the theatre near a coach. It is NOT the Versailles coach portal. All weapons for Dead Kings shows up in my weapons and equipment area, not unlocked until I play the mission. And on my map I have a pin where the location for Dead Kings is.

Again, not sure if this is an oddity or something they did for original season pass holders. Have not played, but it is there.

Aphex_Tim
12-02-2014, 05:24 PM
^ That came with Patch 3. Everyone has it since Dead Kings will be available for free.

DeanOMiite
12-02-2014, 05:41 PM
The Dead Kings items show up for everybody right now, as far as I know. I know they popped up for me a long time ago.

As for whether or not we can expect DLC on the similar schedule as Black Flag DLC...I understand the mindset that Ubi should want to get the base game of Unity running perfectly before they release DLC, but knowing Ubi, I'd expect Dead Kings around the same time as we got DLC for Black Flag. I base that only on the logic that they released Unity SOLELY because it was on the schedule to be released. It didn't seem to matter whether or not the game was ready, they planned to release it around that time so come hell or high water, they were going to release it. I can only assume they will treat the DLC in the same way. I would PREFER that they wait until it's ready to release it but I just don't see that as part of Ubisoft's MO.

Bigodon
12-02-2014, 05:51 PM
next year
or you really believe they will fix the game in this year yet?

Trzebiat
12-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Just noticed, on PS4 the trophies for Dead Kings and the DLC itself were added to Unity's trophy list.