PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Rogue should've been this years game, Unity next year

hood3dassassin5
12-02-2014, 03:59 AM
Ok, due to the super glitchy release of Unity, do you guys think that Rogue should've been released this year cross-gen, and Unity released next year, perfected?

Debate peacefully below!;)

EDIT: Whoops, messed up on question above. It should say: Do you think Unity should've released NEXT year and Rogue this year?

KPRage
12-02-2014, 04:12 AM
The mistake of releasing two games in one year just to cover both last-gen and current-gen is a clear indicator that it shouldn't happen again. I would have been happy with just Rogue this year, and Unity completely refined and furbished next year.

bgfgty66
12-02-2014, 04:14 AM
In all honesty no. Rogue was far to short a game. I was disappointed i spent $60 on an Assassins Creed Game that was barely 10 hours for me to beat. With Rogue being they only assassins creed game this year would have made it feel like a bigger disappointment. but that's just me. However Rogue set up Unity pretty well, so it'd have been cool that it set up the next game quite nicely.

Since Unity is apparently (haven't played yet) Assassins Creed: Beta Version, holding it off for a year or so would have made its launch less of a disaster, probably...

D.I.D.
12-02-2014, 04:17 AM
I voted "no", because not because I don't think Unity should have been delayed but because I'd rather not have seen Rogue in 2014, if at all. I'd rather have seen Rogue strictly on new gen at some later date than to have a third naval game built for the old hardware. People talk about wanting old gen remasters for new hardware most days here, and this would have been a way to refresh and revisit the old gen's series without having to replay a game we already know too well.

melbye82
12-02-2014, 04:28 AM
I think Unity should have been delayed until February, they probably could have managed to fix many of the problems we have encountered in this game.

crusader_prophet
12-02-2014, 04:46 AM
In all honesty no. Rogue was far to short a game. I was disappointed i spent $60 on an Assassins Creed Game that was barely 10 hours for me to beat. With Rogue being they only assassins creed game this year would have made it feel like a bigger disappointment. but that's just me. However Rogue set up Unity pretty well, so it'd have been cool that it set up the next game quite nicely.

Since Unity is apparently (haven't played yet) Assassins Creed: Beta Version, holding it off for a year or so would have made its launch less of a disaster, probably...

Actually, Rogue would have made perfect sense to be the AC this year, of course with more content. But I think it would have been much easier for UbiSoft to do that and release a polished AC Rogue because all the fundamentals were already there.And this way Unity would have gotten more time to be a game that it deserved to be.

souNdwAve89
12-02-2014, 04:48 AM
Unity should have been delayed longer. I can understand from a business perspective because the holiday shopping season since Ubisoft has four games coming out at the end of this year: Unity, Rogue, Far Cry 4, and The Crew. At the moment, Unity is the only game that is receiving a lot of criticism while Rogue and Far Cry 4 have been solid. My play through with Unity has been decent so far. I haven't run into a lot of bugs and glitches that many are reporting.

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 04:57 AM
Yeah, sure. Rogue wouldn't have the obligation to tie into Unity anymore, so it'd ACTUALLY do what it was supposed to do according to Ubisoft and have a proper ending for the Kenway saga.
Rogue could have been longer, showing more history of the Colonial Assassins. Perhaps show Shay's early days in the order, his childhood..etc. Then instead of having an irrelevant tie in with Unity, the could show Shay being either having a face-off with Connor or Eseosa or both, then we can have a proper story DLC for Rogue starring Connor that would give the proper closure to the Kenway Saga

JustPlainQuirky
12-02-2014, 05:22 AM
Yeah, sure. Rogue wouldn't have the obligation to tie into Unity anymore, so it'd ACTUALLY do what it was supposed to do according to Ubisoft and have a proper ending for the Kenway saga.
Rogue could have been longer, showing more history of the Colonial Assassins. Perhaps show Shay's early days in the order, his childhood..etc. Then instead of having an irrelevant tie in with Unity, the could show Shay being either having a face-off with Connor or Eseosa or both, then we can have a proper story DLC for Rogue starring Connor that would give the proper closure to the Kenway Saga

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT jfksldkjfsdjfs

crusader_prophet
12-02-2014, 05:49 AM

Agreed. Also, I think they made a joke out of Achilles' character across the entire saga. he has been portrayed as a weak character who barely qualified to be an Assassin, forget about being the mentor of colonial Assassins. His character should have been more refined.

ColdBloodedVet
12-02-2014, 05:53 AM
Here is my opinion.. I don't think Unisoft planned to drop Ūnity this year. That's the reason we had so many hiccups and so many unanswered questions in the story. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Unity and play it everyday but it is clearly unfinished. I think after the leaked screenshots earlier this year they were pressured to release it sooner than planned. So the unity they had was the one we got instead of the one we were supposed to get. It's just a theory of mine that may be wrong but it gets the wheels of the mind turning.

Rafe Harwood
12-02-2014, 06:16 AM
Nope.

The franchise would have been looked down on as having nothing that was built to run on the higher spec current machines. It was going to have negative press if they didn't release something for next-gen.

Rogue is fine (if a litle short) and for all the problems people have been complaining about... a slight sound glitch??? Are you 'kin kidding? That's a ridonkulous thing to say "don't get the game" because of. That's simply people wanting to be whiny little *****es (to use an American term) and join in with the bashing that has occured about unity.

Unity's problems? Yer, so there have been a fair number and it was a bit of a mess. UBI have ackowledged that and offered a recompense to 'everyone' which they didn't have to do, but it was the right thing. It didn't stop anyone from buying it and I'm just waiting for my copy to show up. Should they have held back the release for a month or so? No idea. I have no idea when the problems started showing up. If pre-release, then maybe putting back a month would have been a good idea. If post-release, then there's nothing that could be done about that.

Are people whining a little too much? Yip ;)

SixKeys
12-02-2014, 06:21 AM
I'd rather Rogue wasn't released at all since it's such an obvious cash-grab, but Unity definitely would have benefitted from a year's worth of polish time. This 2-AssCreed-games-a-year stuff has got to stop. It's clearly not working.

crusader_prophet
12-02-2014, 06:42 AM
I'd rather Rogue wasn't released at all since it's such an obvious cash-grab, but Unity definitely would have benefitted from a year's worth of polish time. This 2-AssCreed-games-a-year stuff has got to stop. It's clearly not working.

Yet Rogue has a less cliche story and a strong character. I enjoyed Rogue very much regardless of its length or quantity of content, the quality mattered to me. I don't care if it is a cash grab, as long as it is worth it and Rogue was worth it solely because of being able to see an end to the saga, it deserved more resources to be made into a full fledged game.

Here is my opinion.. I don't think Unisoft planned to drop Ūnity this year. That's the reason we had so many hiccups and so many unanswered questions in the story. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Unity and play it everyday but it is clearly unfinished. I think after the leaked screenshots earlier this year they were pressured to release it sooner than planned. So the unity they had was the one we got instead of the one we were supposed to get. It's just a theory of mine that may be wrong but it gets the wheels of the mind turning.

So what, they could have easily announced the game with teasers and trailers, and keep it in development for another year and half easily. Witcher 3, Arkham Knight they are all being delayed and for good reasons and we have known about them forever. Unity deserved better, it had the potential to be a true masterpiece. it has all the elements of a great game - RPG themed customization, set-piece style story progression and characters, adventure themed and sand box style missions, unique style of co-op gameplay, action style combat, and not to mention the incredible graphics.

crusader_prophet
12-02-2014, 06:45 AM
Nope.

The franchise would have been looked down on as having nothing that was built to run on the higher spec current machines. It was going to have negative press if they didn't release something for next-gen.

Rogue is fine (if a litle short) and for all the problems people have been complaining about... a slight sound glitch??? Are you 'kin kidding? That's a ridonkulous thing to say "don't get the game" because of. That's simply people wanting to be whiny little *****es (to use an American term) and join in with the bashing that has occured about unity.

Unity's problems? Yer, so there have been a fair number and it was a bit of a mess. UBI have ackowledged that and offered a recompense to 'everyone' which they didn't have to do, but it was the right thing. It didn't stop anyone from buying it and I'm just waiting for my copy to show up. Should they have held back the release for a month or so? No idea. I have no idea when the problems started showing up. If pre-release, then maybe putting back a month would have been a good idea. If post-release, then there's nothing that could be done about that.

Are people whining a little too much? Yip ;)

Have you played the game? It literally screams that little to no amount of game testing was performed. It screams of a hasty production and becoming a holiday cash grabber.

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 06:52 AM
Agreed. Also, I think they made a joke out of Achilles' character across the entire saga. he has been portrayed as a weak character who barely qualified to be an Assassin, forget about being the mentor of colonial Assassins. His character should have been more refined.
I think he was portrayed fine, to be honest. It's Haytham that sucked in Rogue.

crusader_prophet
12-02-2014, 07:08 AM
I think he was portrayed fine, to be honest. It's Haytham that sucked in Rogue.

Haytham's face looked really scary in Rogue, as if a 5 year old scribbled a face and they used it as the character model. I mean worse than AC III. hahah

Rafe Harwood
12-02-2014, 07:13 AM
Have you played the game? It literally screams that little to no amount of game testing was performed. It screams of a hasty production and becoming a holiday cash grabber.

Rogue, yup.

Unity, not yet.

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 07:13 AM
Haytham's face looked really scary in Rogue, as if a 5 year old scribbled a face and they used it as the character model. I mean worse than AC III. hahah
Yeah, AC III's faces in cutscenes were really something special. AC Rogue went the AC IV route and the faces were less than what we got in AC III.

D.I.D.
12-02-2014, 07:19 AM

Absolutely not. Unity's release date was set in stone for this year.

This argument was somewhat unconvincing when it came to leakers being blamed for the subsequent release of the early footage trailer, but as for making the whole game come out early? That's not possible. The series has been annualised since 2009.

UniteUnderPower
12-02-2014, 07:34 AM
I think this would have worked better if this also meant more sequences and content in Rogue.

The_Kiwi_
12-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Hmm well
What could Rogue have been without Unity?
I'd have liked to find out

But treating the thread's question with Rogue being exactly the same, I think it needs Unity
Imagine seeing Rogue's ending a whole year before Unity released, the impact and power of that ending would be non existent without the knowledge of Unity
Rogue how it is needs Unity, but I would've preferred if Rogue was alone this year as cross gen, and it wasn't restricted by Unity

Pr0metheus 1962
12-02-2014, 10:32 AM
In all honesty no. Rogue was far to short a game. I was disappointed i spent $60 on an Assassins Creed Game that was barely 10 hours for me to beat....

Sure, but if they'd held off on Unity, they would have had more resources to make Rogue bigger and better.

Needless to say, I believe they should have released Rogue this year and Unity next year. In terms of their storylines, both games seem more like DLC add-ons than full games.

SixKeys
12-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Yet Rogue has a less cliche story and a strong character. I enjoyed Rogue very much regardless of its length or quantity of content, the quality mattered to me. I don't care if it is a cash grab, as long as it is worth it and Rogue was worth it solely because of being able to see an end to the saga, it deserved more resources to be made into a full fledged game.

I haven't played Rogue yet (PC player here) so I can't comment on the story. The gameplay, however, is almost a direct copy-paste of Black Flag and I'm done with sailing, TBH. Unity is the AC experience I've been waiting for since the original in 2007. Both games clearly suffered from a rushed release though. Ideally I would rather not have had an AC game this year at all than two half-assed ones.

Rafe Harwood
12-02-2014, 01:09 PM
I haven't played Rogue yet (PC player here) so I can't comment on the story. The gameplay, however, is almost a direct copy-paste of Black Flag and I'm done with sailing, TBH. Unity is the AC experience I've been waiting for since the original in 2007. Both games clearly suffered from a rushed release though. Ideally I would rather not have had an AC game this year at all than two half-assed ones.

Come oooooooon

You haven't played it yet it's a direct copy of BF? I can assure you that even though only one of three main areas is full on sailing, even that differs from BF. The puckle gun is way too OP and that was my first negative about the game.

It's actually a mix of ACIII, Liberation and BF.

At least play the game before slating it ;)

SixKeys
12-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Come oooooooon

You haven't played it yet it's a direct copy of BF? I can assure you that even though only one of three main areas is full on sailing, even that differs from BF. The puckle gun is way too OP and that was my first negative about the game.

That's like saying AC2 and ACB were like two totally different games. One was basically a full-priced add-on with some gameplay improvements. I like both games, but come on, ACB was not the pinnacle of innovation. Neither is Rogue.

It's actually a mix of ACIII, Liberation and BF.

At least play the game before slating it http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/wink.png

A mixture of two terrible games and one good one, you say? Not exactly high praise.

Rafe Harwood
12-02-2014, 01:26 PM
That's like saying AC2 and ACB were like two totally different games. One was basically a full-priced add-on with some gameplay improvements. I like both games, but come on, ACB was not the pinnacle of innovation. Neither is Rogue.

A mixture of two terrible games and one good one, you say? Not exactly high praise.

Pfft you're just having an off day :p

SixKeys
12-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Pfft you're just having an off day :p

You're right, I exaggerated. Liberation is an okay game.

MakimotoJin
12-02-2014, 06:13 PM

Dude,you're a bit angry,aren't you? :P
Rogue is a good game,just like BH.But different than Brotherhood,it feels like a different game,'cause,you know,Templars.
If both games are rushed(I haven't played Unity yet,so I don't know about it),then I'd vote for no ACs this year.

GunnerGalactico
12-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Not really. I'm still playing Rogue at the moment, and so far, I haven't seen anything that revolutionary or unique. It still feels like AC3/4 with very minor changes in it.

Animus-Ruina1313
12-12-2014, 06:57 AM
Yes. That would of given more time to develop rogue and give it more story. It would of even got story DLC's and an entire Season pass. We could of seen Adewale play a bigger role and go out with splendor like the fierce warrior he is. More development with Haythem and the Templar's could of been given. We could of seen more to Shay then what was given. His friendship with Liam would of been more explored for sure. We could of seen more to Achilles and possibly an Explanation of why he was a presumptuous ***. more characters could of been added like Adewale's son. The DLC's could of allowed us to play a story involving Conner, Shay, and perhaps Eseosa ( he or his dad would of undoubtedly wanted revenge for Ade.) with a true end to the Kenway saga. And the following year Unity would of been given the time to probably sort out all the bugs and be presented in a good fashion that it deserved.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-12-2014, 07:10 AM
No...a rogue unity release was fine....
People are over reacting... Unity isnt that bad for its base(not including companion crap) and another year wouldnt have made it a 10/10... it is what it is.. it has more issues than bugs that make it less than perfect....

STDlyMcStudpants
12-12-2014, 07:15 AM

You're in for a surprise.. theres a dash of all 6 previous games in Rogue :)

Namikaze_17
12-12-2014, 09:32 AM
Nah, it's alright for me...

Though two games was hectic for everybody. :rolleyes: