PDA

View Full Version : unlocking Altair's legacy armor

DeanOMiite
12-01-2014, 04:06 PM
In the Cafe Theatre' it just says "unlock by using AC Unity Companion App" for Altair's armor. I'm using the app a lot but haven't unlocked it. I'm assuming it's one of the later chests that I just haven't reached yet. Can anyone confirm? Thx

pacmanate
12-01-2014, 04:20 PM
I think you have to do the Pantheon missions. You need really high level Assassins and the outfit is the reward.

Something I will never get.

wvstolzing
12-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Yes, you need to complete the Pantheon missions; which only becomes feasible when you have at least 4 assassins at levels 20+.

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 05:33 PM
I think you have to do the Pantheon missions. You need really high level Assassins and the outfit is the reward.

Something I will never get.

Jesus! All of that for an Outfit? O__O

It'd be funny if it looks terrible. :rolleyes:

KPRage
12-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Yes, unfortunately. The outfit is buried deep in the companion app. I would rather spend uPlay points on the outfits.

No Initiates. No companion apps. Just uPlay Rewards.

diesel1988
12-01-2014, 06:06 PM
I have started the pantheon missions ... Done EVERYTHING in game.(all chest,challenges, gear and points, cockades.) Only companion app left.. Second mission i tried on pantheon is 36 hours .. Waiting now

wvstolzing
12-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Also, unlike the 'away missions' on previous games, if the estimated odds are lower than 85% or so, 'companion app' missions *almost invariably* fail, ****killing all the assassins on that mission****.

Oddly enough, you can re-hire the same, supposedly dead assassins (same name, pic, stats) by spending nomad points; but obviously it's enormously time consuming.

DeanOMiite
12-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Also, unlike the 'away missions' on previous games, if the estimated odds are lower than 85% or so, 'companion app' missions *almost invariably* fail, ****killing all the assassins on that mission****.

Oddly enough, you can re-hire the same, supposedly dead assassins (same name, pic, stats) by spending nomad points; but obviously it's enormously time consuming.

Can you? I've gotten three of the assassins killed and I haven't seen them since. Two of them were the default ones you start with so I'm not even sure you can recruit them?

wvstolzing
12-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Can you? I've gotten three of the assassins killed and I haven't seen them since. Two of them were the default ones you start with so I'm not even sure you can recruit them?

I've resurrected several ---- though, to clarify what I previously said, when resurrected, they don't come back with their upgraded stats, but the base stats at which one first buys them.

Not sure about the ones that you start with, or the ones (I think there's at least one) that you can get through uplay bonuses, but the rest of the names are recycled as the available assassins' list gets refreshed.

Asperkai
12-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Wvstolzing you kept all the starting Assassins? I actually got rid of mine and replaced them with those with higher abilities. Was wondering if that doesn't really matter as long as level is worthy of the mission.

ID-entity
12-01-2014, 11:54 PM
In the Cafe Theatre' it just says "unlock by using AC Unity Companion App" for Altair's armor. I'm using the app a lot but haven't unlocked it. I'm assuming it's one of the later chests that I just haven't reached yet. Can anyone confirm? Thx

Don't try getting it yet, got mine last night but the Companion app isn't reading as collected. In game I collected the artifact (which is in the Helix Rift - Medieval - Battlefield - Middle Tower). You won't be able to grab it unless you finished it in the App. Here's a proof (Images) . https://twitter.com/elijflo/status/539204881274249216

Note - Submitted a bug ticket, still waiting for a response.

GoldenBoy9999
12-02-2014, 12:33 AM
I absolutely hate the companion app. I was doing it before to get a Tailored Phantom Coat from the Pantheon missions. I only needed to do one mission chain 3 times, so I can imagine how hard it would be to do all 3. I gave up finally. The missions are ridiculously hard. As I'm typing this I just realized I had to do that same mission branch 3 times but I thought I had to do it once. That would've been 9 missions but for all Pantheon missions, that would be 27.

The death thing is ridiculous. I had a 76% chance like the first time and then I watched in horror as every single one of my 17+ assassins supposedly died. It was a huge slap in the face and that's when I quit.

I don't get Ubisoft's business model on this. The only real money is from the premium version which I already got. Can't I just have my items now instead of wasting my time?

nachdenki
12-02-2014, 02:15 AM
unfortunately, the companion app seems like a (really bad) idea from marketing or something.

the whole thing doesn't really tie to the actual game in any way that makes sense. Gaining rewards through the companion app takes absurdly long, so long that it doesn't make sense to do it at all. I get like 2000F or something from a chest (at best), I make that with cafe theatre in ~4 minutes. Takes about a day or even longer in the companion app. And besides that, once you have the best gear (which happens pretty fast actually once you maxed out the cafe) you don't even need the money anymore - so a companion app that takes longer than a few days to beat doesn't even make sense at all.

I'm actually only even playing the app to get altairs outfit (which is the very last thing you unlock). I'm now 40+ hours into the main game and not even really close to getting it - I am currently almost ready to have my fourth assassin at lvl 20+ so I can start the 36h mission on the pantheon - which is only the second mission there, so I don't even want to guess how long the final mission is going to be. So that means it will take me at least another week to get it, and I'm almost done playing the main game.

What good is an outfit that I can unlock only after I beat the main game? The funny thing is that it's not even about selling premium - I wouldn't advance in any way if I bought premium, because the best premium assassin I can buy is only lvl16.

I'm not even against companion apps if they tie nicely into the main game (and don't have a premium option -_- seriously, Unity is 70€), but the way the Unity companion app works just doesn't make any sense.

TIP FOR GETTING ALTAIR:
Use some assassins to do the starter missions (the very first tutorial missions) over and over. They only take a couple of minutes, so you can get crazy amounts of nomad points this way. Then, check the assassins regularly to see if you can buy lvl 19/20 assassins. In the meantime, buy at least two lvl16 (or 18 if you can) assassins and level them up doing usual missions. This way, you should end up with four lvl 20/21/22 assassins as soon as the app allows you to.