PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Remastered Collection

Corleone-Kun
12-01-2014, 03:07 AM
SO,I was thinking: now that AC franchise has moved to the next generation some people (like me) have sold the older consoles and can no longer play the previous games
(or Rogue,for that matter). Since a Remaster for Rogue will eventually happen I was thinking it would be a good ideia to remaster all the previous games too.
It would also be a great opportunity for the olther team to work more time polishing the next game.
I made a list of what IN MY OPINION should change and be added. Feel free to criticize and add your own thoughts to the matter.

THE GAMES I CONSIDERING FOR THE REMASTER ARE AC1,AC2,BROTHERHOOD,REVELATIONS,AC3,LIBERATION AND ROGUE.
AC4 IS ALREADY IN THE CURRENT GEN BUT MAYBE COULD BE INCLUDE IN THE PACK UNCHANGED.

GENERAL CHANGES FOR ALL THE GAMES
1080P AND 6O FPS (I don't know if this is possible so correct me if I'm wrong)
ALL DLC INCLUDED (even the minor ones)
ALL UPLAY BONUSES (or at least the ones you already redeemed unlocked)
UNIFIED MULTIPLAYER (just put the most recent one,no need for all the games with the multiplayer)
UNIFIED DATABASE (a sepate database with information not found in games like assassins that appear in comics and other media)
INCLUDE THE OPTION TO SHOW ALL COLLECTIBLES ON MAP SPECIALLY ON THE EZIO TRILOGY THAT NEEDS THE FEATHERS FOR TROPHIES(we already played the games,some already collected everything,we don't have the pacience to do it all again,but make it optional for those who want to play the game as intended)
BETTER FAST TRAVELS (this is something that only got better in the series,but in the older games is time consuming,you can still have the renovations of the fast travel but make like the newer ones that you just teleport to the FT locatons,eliminate the need to go to one location to go to another )
HAVE BONUSES LIKE THE GRAPHIC NOVELS AND THE SHORT FILMS (Embers for example it's a closure for Ezio)
CUSTOM MAPPING OF THE CONTROLLER

Now,for each game individually:

ASSASSIN'S CREED 1
SUBTITLES
TROPHIES/ACHIEVEMENTS
FEWER OBJECTIVES (the best thing about this game is the story anyway,and the gameplay gets repetitive very quickly so fewer objectives to be able to assassinate the target perhaps?)

ASSASSIN'S CREED 2
BE ABLE TO FAST TRAVEL BETWEEN CITIES INSTANTLY (without the need to go to the traveller guy)
IF IT'S THE SAME ENGINE,MAYBE THE ABILITY TO DO CHAIN KILLS
SHOW THE FEATHER LOCATIONS ON THE MAP

ASSASSIN'S CREED: BROTHERHOOD
SAME THING AS 2 ABOUT FAST TRAVEL AND FEATHERS LOCATION

ASSASSIN'S CREED : REVELATIONS
REMOVE THE TOWER DEFENSE GAME (nobody liked that and was not even needed to finish the game,I liked to go on renovation sprees and having to make the metter go down everytime in fear of having a location attacked was annoying

ASSASSIN'S CREED 3
FIX SOME BUGS STILL PRESENT
A WAY TO GAIN MORE MONEY (it was only me who found hard to gain money in this game?)
CONTROL OF THE SHIP MORE LIKE IN BLACK FLAG
AS SUGESTED IN THE THREAD,REMOVE GUARDS FROM ROOFTOPS,AT LEAST IN FREE ROAM

ASSASSIN'S CREED : LIBERATION
I don't know what to add in this game (but I do like Aveline a lot)

ASSASSIN'S CREED : ROGUE
I haven't played so you guys tell me

rprkjj
12-01-2014, 03:50 AM
I would buy it. Hell, I'd be fine if they replaced next year's AC with this. The only 1 of your changes I agree with is the tower defense. Also remove all rooftop guards in AC3.

Rafe Harwood
12-01-2014, 05:19 AM
So, basically you want the 'AC for dummies' version?

This sounds like you just want to run around a city. The not having things on the map bought hours of tedium, annoyance, fun and gratification when you finally got all the little sods.

The hours I spent perched on beams and ledges, slowly panning accross the cityscape looking for that little glimmer that indicated a feather or flag were countless lol

I have never found all the flags or feathers, but I never want to know where they are. If I did, I wouldn't have fun playing loading up old saves trying to find the bloody things.

Tbh, they have provided me with days,weeks,months and in some cases, years of annoyance and fun trying to hunt them down :D

I think they should remove the collectibles from the newer maps. Make us have to hunt them down, but I may be in the minority there lol

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 05:24 AM
So, basically you want the 'AC for dummies' version?

This sounds like you just want to run around a city. The not having things on the map bought hours of tedium, annoyance, fun and gratification when you finally got all the little sods.

The hours I spent perched on beams and ledges, slowly panning accross the cityscape looking for that little glimmer that indicated a feather or flag were countless lol

I have never found all the flags or feathers, but I never want to know where they are. If I did, I wouldn't have fun playing loading up old saves trying to find the bloody things.

Tbh, they have provided me with days,weeks,months and in some cases, years of annoyance and fun trying to hunt them down :D

I think they should remove the collectibles from the newer maps. Make us have to hunt them down, but I may be in the minority there lol

3 years after I played AC2,and I can't find the last 10 feathers.Seriously.I'm a Trophy hunter,and that makes me pissed off.

Rafe Harwood
12-01-2014, 05:28 AM
3 years after I played AC2,and I can't find the last 10 feathers.Seriously.I'm a Trophy hunter,and that makes me pissed off.

So you tihnk that just because you're a trophy hunter, they should make it child's play to get these things just so you can move onto the next thing and wrack up your trophy points?

I like to get as many of the achievments (as they are known on the hexbox) too, but I like when I know they are tough to get. If it was easy, there's no point to them :)

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 05:36 AM
So you tihnk that just because you're a trophy hunter, they should make it child's play to get these things just so you can move onto the next thing and wrack up your trophy points?

I like to get as many of the achievments (as they are known on the hexbox) too, but I like when I know they are tough to get. If it was easy, there's no point to them :)

Making it "child's play"?Making it actually able to get them without being forced to look for a video in the internet is not child's play.Brotherhood allowed to have the last ones' locations,and it made it fair,not easy.GTA 5's collectibles,for example.Try finding all 100 of them.

Rafe Harwood
12-01-2014, 05:40 AM
Making it "child's play"?Making it actually able to get them without being forced to look for a video in the internet is not child's play.Brotherhood allowed to have the last ones' locations,and it made it fair,not easy.GTA 5's collectibles,for example.Try finding all 100 of them.

But that's the point. It is supposed to be hard. You don't recieve awards for participation, you recieve them for 'achieving' something that you have to work for.

It's akin to the kid who wants a football trophy just for playing a match. No, you get a trophy if you win the match.

Oh, and as you said, if you 'want' to get easy trophies, you can just look it up online or get a guide. There are already too many ways games these days are far too easy.

Fatal-Feit
12-01-2014, 05:47 AM
Also remove all rooftop guards in AC3.

This.

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 05:50 AM
But that's the point. It is supposed to be hard. You don't recieve awards for participation, you recieve them for 'achieving' something that you have to work for.

It's akin to the kid who wants a football trophy just for playing a match. No, you get a trophy if you win the match.

There's a difference between hard and almost impossible.If there's a trophy for winning,you're supposed to be able to win.
In ACIV there are multiple maps and treasures.If there was only the drawing,no coordinates,would it be better?More "meaningful"?It's supposed to be a challenge,but a challenge hard enough to only find them through cheating(looking for videos),is not a challenge at all.It's just plain stupid.

Rafe Harwood
12-01-2014, 06:04 AM
But there is a trophy/achievement for winning. You have that.

The one you want is the one for 'collecting something'. That's not the same as winning the game.

I found lot's of interesting little places I never would have even thought about if I had a map that just said "go here, get this" and ignore what's around you.

I think these things need to be harder. Yes, I think having everytihng on the map in later games was a bad idea. As I said (and was left out of your quote), there are plenty of guides and so many damn walkthroughs it spoils the game already.

If you want a harder challenge like I do, then that should be allowed. Just as if you want an easy time of it as you do, then you can do that too.

By what you are saying, people who like the difficulty, such as myself, should put up with having a game my 4yr old grand child could beat just so you are happy.

It's currently both ways. Please don't take even more away from us.

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 06:22 AM
But there is a trophy/achievement for winning. You have that.

The one you want is the one for 'collecting something'. That's not the same as winning the game.

I found lot's of interesting little places I never would have even thought about if I had a map that just said "go here, get this" and ignore what's around you.

I think these things need to be harder. Yes, I think having everytihng on the map in later games was a bad idea. As I said (and was left out of your quote), there are plenty of guides and so many damn walkthroughs it spoils the game already.

If you want a harder challenge like I do, then that should be allowed. Just as if you want an easy time of it as you do, then you can do that too.

By what you are saying, people who like the difficulty, such as myself, should put up with having a game my 4yr old grand child could beat just so you are happy.

It's currently both ways. Please don't take even more away from us.

I understand that you want hard challenges.I hope you understand that I want things that can be achieved.A way where it can be both a challenge and actually happen.
Hell,I don't want things in the map,waiting to be picked as well.In a couple of threads in here,people talk about how Unity has pointless content.I haven't played it,but you get the point.
My point is,I just want things that can be achieved.That's it.If you,apparently a person who likes hard things,can't get all of the feathers,how the hell can I?Also,don't you feel just a tiny little bit sad that you couldn't grab all of them?
Maybe there's a way for both things to fit perfectly.Maybe just show a region and how many are there,or only show the ones nearby.Well,you get the point.No hard feelings?

Rafe Harwood
12-01-2014, 06:28 AM
I understand that you want hard challenges.I hope you understand that I want things that can be achieved.A way where it can be both a challenge and actually happen.
Hell,I don't want things in the map,waiting to be picked as well.In a couple of threads in here,people talk about how Unity has pointless content.I haven't played it,but you get the point.
My point is,I just want things that can be achieved.That's it.If you,apparently a person who likes hard things,can't get all of the feathers,how the hell can I?Also,don't you feel just a tiny little bit sad that you couldn't grab all of them?
Maybe there's a way for both things to fit perfectly.Maybe just show a region and how many are there,or only show the ones nearby.Well,you get the point.No hard feelings?

hehe never any hard feelings. This is just a difference of opinion.They make the world go round after all. Kinda boring if everyone was like me, who the hell would I argue with then?!

But... as you said, "show a region and how many are there". Didn't 2 make it so it did exactly that?

As for feeling sad that I couldn't get them all. No, it makes me happy that there is actually a reason for me to wipe off the cobwebs and have another look for a couple of hours.

I guess I'm from a generation where some games you never finished. Some I am still waiting for 30yrs later *cough*Elite Dangerous*cough*. Instant gratification is a new thing I have to put up with. Doesn't mean I have to like it :)

PTE Reilly
12-01-2014, 06:30 AM
I would buy it but I would be kind of annoyed if it was that easy to find everything! Its not hard to find all the stuff its just time consuming! ive played every major ac game and found all collectables in all the games, like I said its not hard just time consuming

wvstolzing
12-01-2014, 06:32 AM
But... as you said, "show a region and how many are there". Didn't 2 make it so it did exactly that?

Yes; but that was buried deep inside the menus; and I doubt that many players found that region-by-region tally of the collectibles.

Still, I prefer that over what ACU does, showing everything on the map from the start. It screams, "Yep; pointless busywork. You'll just have to walk to all these points."

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 06:37 AM
Didn't 2 make it so it did exactly that?
Wait.....you're not....is there.....what....
Oh....I feel sick.

Corleone-Kun
12-01-2014, 06:38 AM
hehe never any hard feelings. This is just a difference of opinion.They make the world go round after all. Kinda boring if everyone was like me, who the hell would I argue with then?!

As for feeling sad that I couldn't get them all. No, it makes me happy that there is actually a reason for me to wipe off the cobwebs and have another look for a couple of hours.

I guess I'm from a generation where some games you never finished. Some I am still waiting for 30yrs later *cough*Elite Dangerous*cough*. Instant gratification is a new thing I have to put up with. Doesn't mean I have to like it :)

I actually found all the feathers in AC2 (but not all of them in Brotherhood), I'm proposing this because I don't wanna do it again. I'm thinking this remaster will be for people who already finished all the games. But you are right,maybe this could be optional,I know people would buy this as they first AC experience so they should be able to play them as intended.

playlisting
12-01-2014, 06:40 AM
It would be nice if they could (if possible) port all the games to Unity's engine. Paris looks amazing but running across the rooftops of Florence/Venice/Rome with those graphics as Ezio? Hell. Yes.

Rafe Harwood
12-01-2014, 06:42 AM
I actually found all the feathers in AC2 (but not all of them in Brotherhood), I'm proposing this because I don't wanna do it again. I'm thinking this remaster will be for people who already finished all the games. But you are right,maybe this could be optional,I know people wold buy this as they first AC experience so they should be able to play them as intended.

I completely understand that if you have already found them and you just want to replay the game (although replaying without actually playing seems a bit strange to me), there are numerous places, and even apps out there for finding all these things. You don't need it in the game itself.

I could google and find 100 pages of results for just that scenario.

Corleone-Kun
12-01-2014, 07:04 AM
Alright guys,I'm putting the most suggested features by you in the OT if this by any chance gets the attention from a developer so keep 'en' coming.

wvstolzing
12-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Alright guys,I'm putting the most suggested features by you in the OT

Mere existence suffices for me.

PTE Reilly
12-01-2014, 07:16 AM
I would like it if it all the main games (AC, AC2, ACBH, ACR, AC3, ACIV and AC Unity but would need to include all DLC's not so much the add ons where you get more mutiplayer stuff but would have to have all story add ons like tyrrany of king washingtonfor AC3, Battle of forli for AC2 etc... I wouldnt even care if none of the multiplayers were included as long as all the storys were there with their DLC's.
I would also like to see the achievements for all the games present (like they done with the halo masterchief collection) excluding the multiplayer ones.
I rememeber on my first xbox gamertag I managed to get 100% of achievements in AC and AC2 then AC Brotherhood came out with the multiplayer and forever ruined me getting all the achievements for teh rest of the series. I know not a big deal but the OCD in me demands I get them lol

UniteUnderPower
12-01-2014, 07:37 AM
They should make Rogue a "Director's Cut" edition with more story missions, side missions, etc. Same with Liberation. I know they did this with the HD version, but expand upon that further. Hell, remaster the rest of the handheld games as well and throw them in the package! Also enable all of the games to have seamless interiors.

SixKeys
12-01-2014, 08:00 AM
This is the first time someone has suggested a remaster I could get behind. Most people say stuff like "replace the old freerunning system with the new one" (hell no) or "update the graphics" (and remove the nostalgia factor entirely? Why?). The games themselves should be preserved the way they originally were. Only existing bugs should be fixed and minor stuff like subtitles to AC1.

'No' to removing major features like den defense from ACR or adding stuff like chain kills to AC2. Do not change the actual gameplay. Only fix what's broken.

Rafe Harwood
12-01-2014, 08:09 AM
This is the first time someone has suggested a remaster I could get behind. Most people say stuff like "replace the old freerunning system with the new one" (hell no) or "update the graphics" (and remove the nostalgia factor entirely? Why?). The games themselves should be preserved the way they originally were. Only existing bugs should be fixed and minor stuff like subtitles to AC1.

'No' to removing major features like den defense from ACR or adding stuff like chain kills to AC2. Do not change the actual gameplay. Only fix what's broken.

I could go with most of what you said with the exception of possibly a graphical update. You are just talking a straight port to next-gen.

I think if they kept the gameplay the same, all the elements, but just did sometihng with the graphics (keeping the same look/style but just updated for res and whatever) I think that would be a great idea as not everyone will keep their older consoles... just as some of us thought (and still think) getting the new ones is a complete waste of time lol.

shahar_96
12-01-2014, 09:00 AM
If the old games will have the same navigation system like unity and combat. That would be awesome.

nachdenki
12-01-2014, 09:00 AM
I would pay serious money for the Ezio trilogy ported to the new engine. But honestly, its not gonna happen, its not even possible I guess. Besides the fact that it would mean recreating every single charactter and location completely from scratch, the new engine also feels and plays different and just wouldn't work on the old games. Too bad, having a nice next gen AC2... that would be just awesome. An if its just a simple HD port of the series... well, I guess I would play them again for old time's sake, but I would really love it with the graphics of the new engine.

But IF we see that, I don't want to see any gameplay changes. I love the old games because of what they are. I don't want the navigation, combat or whatever from the new games (in particular unity, urks!). I don't want the feathers changes. I don't want the map changed. I don't want quick travel changed. I want the games as they were and as I loved them.

oh and just wanna say that I found the feathers in both AC2 and Brotherhood. Its annoying, but it is possible. In particular if you already found 90 of them you know which places they might be, because their locations are often similar.

SixKeys
12-01-2014, 10:26 AM
I could go with most of what you said with the exception of possibly a graphical update. You are just talking a straight port to next-gen.

I think if they kept the gameplay the same, all the elements, but just did sometihng with the graphics (keeping the same look/style but just updated for res and whatever) I think that would be a great idea as not everyone will keep their older consoles... just as some of us thought (and still think) getting the new ones is a complete waste of time lol.

Yeah, I'm okay with updating to HD and better textures. Just no redone character models, animations etc.

Spikey1989
12-01-2014, 10:37 AM
i'm fine with what the games are, maby add support for AC1 to initiates :D, why change somthing that has gotten them to where they are today?

ofc fix the bugs.

Rafe Harwood
12-01-2014, 10:48 AM
i'm fine with what the games are, maby add support for AC1 to initiates :D, why change somthing that has gotten them to where they are today?

ofc fix the bugs.

The initiates problem with AC1 is down to uplay not being around at that time and the databases that every other game hooks into, not being part of the programming for AC1.

Anykeyer
12-01-2014, 02:05 PM
I think they should focus on newer better games instead of re-releasing old titles.

RinoTheBouncer
12-01-2014, 02:15 PM
I’d pay 500$ for such a remaster. I really hope they do it and truly remaster the games. Like it’s basically free money for Ubisoft. They can just upscale the resolution and frame-rate, patch trophies to AC1 + UPLAY access and port them to PS4. It would be amazing to not have to switch consoles and re-experience this wonderful franchise in 1080p resolution, improved lights, textures and shadows, and of course, including all DLC with the package.

We’re almost 2015 now. 2017 is the 10th anniversary of the franchise, so it’s a great opportunity to let the world experience the whole franchise again. Like, there’s no better way to celebrate it than this. Better than t-shirts that say “!0 years of AC” or some small lithographs that we’ll end up keeping in our closets cause they’re “collectible” LOL.

Corleone-Kun
12-01-2014, 03:52 PM
They should make Rogue a "Director's Cut" edition with more story missions, side missions, etc. Same with Liberation. I know they did this with the HD version, but expand upon that further. Hell, remaster the rest of the handheld games as well and throw them in the package! Also enable all of the games to have seamless interiors.

Assassin's Creed :Bloodlines for PSP actually has a great history (not so much gameplay),they have Altair sons

wvstolzing
12-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Bloodlines doesn't feature Altair's sons at all; it's Altair and Maria in Cyprus.

x Shad0wfiend x
12-01-2014, 05:44 PM
I would honestly only buy AC2 and ACB loved Ezio! ACR was meh.

KPRage
12-01-2014, 06:01 PM
My additions:

AC1: Add ability to swim. Make a Trophy/Achievement that rewards players for not touching the water once.
ACR: Improved free-running, more chances to use hookblade.
AC3: No roof guards (seriously, no more), line-of-sight line similar to Brotherhood's guard aiming line.
ACL and ACRo: Same as above, but roof guards are fine.

Seriously, just seeing where a guard will shoot would really help with evasion, even more than a small UI marker.

Landruner
12-01-2014, 08:55 PM
TO THE OP of thisd threat -

Nice idea and like you your suggested list is my deep wish if they had to remake the all thing inclusing the handle games such as a bloodline and Co...

Now as I know Ubisoft they will probalby turn the all remake story into some desapointing polemic, console war and big time money machine with redundant (consequently "redumbnent") apps and other torturing wallet medium that will ruin the total remaster for a lot. So perhaps and sadly: we should just stop dreaming and still keep and replay the past gen opus as a recollection of the good time and fun.

ERICATHERINE
12-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Here's what I wish For the 10th anniversary of assassin's creed :
#1 the game collection would include ac 1, ac bloodlines, ac II, ac brotherhood, ac revelation, ac III, ac liberation hd, ac IV black flag and ac rogue.
#2 ac 1 would be linked to uplay and would have trophies but personnaly I don't think it would be a good idea that Altair can swim (the reason would be that there's nearly no need to since there's not enaugh place where we could need to swim).
#3 ac 1 and ac bloodlines should be linkable to acinitiates.com (if bloodlines do not have uplay excuse me I didn't know since It is the only game I don't have, so, if that's the case I would appreciate that bloodlines could link to uplay).
#4 the remake of ac II should come with the entire video of assassin's creed lineage (instead of just (I think) 1/3 of the total).
#5 ac II should come with sequence 12 and 13, with the 3 templar secret places and also with ezio have the ability to fly over Forly like we did in venice.
#6 ac brotherhood should come with the copernico and the da vinci disapearence missions.
#7 ac revelation should include the lost archive.
#8 ac ember should be in the sell with everything else.
#9 ac III should come with the thyranie of king Washington and all the Benedict Arnold missions and also with every other dowloadable content that was not multiplayer content.
#10 ac liberation hd should stay as it is.
#11 ac iv black flag should come with the 3 aveline missions we had unlocked with a code and it also should come with freedom cry
#12 ac rogue should have the last legendary battle with the main ship having the same level as all other legendary ship or the same level but with no other ship than that one or with OUR fleet and us facing him instead of having just some low level ship in our team that can nearly just have the ennemi distracted.
#13 the more bugs would be fix the better it would be.
#14 finally every games should have their uplay action and reward they had before (but it would not displeased me if there would be some more).

If they include all that in a (let's say) 10th anniversary edition, then I would surely go in stores to buy that, the very first day it's in stores.
Edit : I mean never mind the price.

Corleone-Kun
12-02-2014, 02:18 AM
Bloodlines doesn't feature Altair's sons at all; it's Altair and Maria in Cyprus.

Oh,Yeah,my bad,I was thinking of something else,but Bloodlines have a good story nonetheless

The_Kiwi_
12-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Jeez a remaster of the entire series is basically the worst idea I've ever heard
It doesn't need a remaster, we loved them all on prev-gen, and it doesn't need a remaster just because one sequel is on next-gen
Maybe you shouldn't have gotten rid of your prev-gen console if you are this [insert adjective] about the games not being on next-gen.

RinoTheBouncer
12-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Jeez a remaster of the entire series is basically the worst idea I've ever heard
It doesn't need a remaster, we loved them all on prev-gen, and it doesn't need a remaster just because one sequel is on next-gen
Maybe you shouldn't have gotten rid of your prev-gen console if you are this [insert adjective] about the games not being on next-gen.

Or maybe those who don’t want it can choose not to buy it, right? :rolleyes:

DiazVice1999
12-02-2014, 02:53 PM
I would even pay $100 for this collection! I really don't care about AC3 ,AC Liberation and AC Rogue! I just want an Ezio Collection on PS4!

ASSASSIN'S CREED II
No need for anything to change! Just improve the frame rate and the graphics!

ASSASSIN'S CREED BROTHERHOOD
Same as AC2

ASSASSIN'S CREED REVELATIONS
Add Greek and Turkish Subtitles! It's unfair for the Greek and Turkish people not being able to understand the game 100%! The game takes place in Constantinople ,a Greek/Turkish city.

MULTIPLAYER
Only Revelations Multiplayer but with both ACB and ACR maps.

Also I would like to see all the major DLCs included (AC2; Sequence 12,13 - ACB; The Da Vince Dissappearance - ACR; The Lost Archive)

PLEASE UBISOFT ,DO IT!

Corleone-Kun
12-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Also I would like to see all the major DLCs included (AC2; Sequence 12,13 - ACB; The Da Vince Dissappearance - ACR; The Lost Archive)

PLEASE UBISOFT ,DO IT!

This is a must,first thing i thought when creating the thread,I think it should come even with the minor ones like weapons and armor,ship upgrades etc.

ERICATHERINE
12-02-2014, 05:23 PM

Personnally, I will soon be buying a ps4 but will keep my ps3. I actually want a remake of all these games, just in case my ps3, one day, do not work anymore with the possibility to use all that (except ac bloodlines, since it's the only game I don't have). I also think every ac fan that start playing the series with a ps4 should have the chance to have everything he missed, since he never had a ps3.

Edit : Also, the 10th anniversary not being next year, there will surely be more than just black flag and unity that will be on the ps4. :rolleyes:

Bigodon
12-02-2014, 05:53 PM
i don't think we need remasters, reboots or remakes from previous AC games

MakimotoJin
12-02-2014, 06:01 PM
i don't think we need remasters, reboots or remakes from previous AC games

Well it's your opinion.I'd buy it to play AC1 and AC2 again.

Anykeyer
12-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Its my opinion too. They should not remake any of the games. Especially AC1 and AC2.

RinoTheBouncer
12-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Its my opinion too. They should not remake any of the games. Especially AC1 and AC2.

Just a random question: is it really hard not to buy it if it comes out? I mean I’m sure it’s your choice. Nobody’s forcing anybody to buy any game they don’t feel like buying. Like if it comes out, you can just ignore it and no harm done. However, denying others the ability to play something the want is problematic.

Anykeyer
12-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Its not about buying or ignoring.

denying others the ability to play something
Err, wat? No one is denying your ability to play those games. They are readily available as digital downloads.

RinoTheBouncer
12-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Its not about buying or ignoring.

Then what is it about?

Err, wat? No one is denying your ability to play those games. They are readily available as digital downloads.

Not for PS4, no. I may be fortunate enough to have both consoles, but others had to sell their past gen. consoles to afford a PS4, for example. What should those do? what about the newcomers to the franchise? Gaikai/PS Now is not really a good option (and it’s still doesn’t have any AC games) because it’s rental and streaming service and not every country is fortunate enough to have an internet connection that can handle streaming video games.

Anykeyer
12-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Strange I have to explain those things. Older games and the tech (game engine) they run at form the actual gameplay and its feel. Change one and you'll change another, even wo major feature additions like making streaks possible ac2. That in turn will break many things. Upgrade everything to a single engine and you'll lose variety and development this series has. In the end you'll reduce this series to episodic crap, something devs tried hard to avoid.
As for options. Im fortunate enough to have no consoles. Even older PCs can run all past gen games.

The_Kiwi_
12-02-2014, 09:29 PM
A remaster is not necessary in the slightest
And wasting resources to convert 6 games to next-gen would affect the actual AC game that's being made
And we all know what happens when resources are pulled from one game to make another
1 is extremely buggy and the other is copy-and-paste

Rafe Harwood
12-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Strange I have to explain those things. Older games and the tech (game engine) they run at form the actual gameplay and its feel. Change one and you'll change another, even wo major feature additions like making streaks possible ac2. That in turn will break many things. Upgrade everything to a single engine and you'll lose variety and development this series has. In the end you'll reduce this series to episodic crap, something devs tried hard to avoid.
As for options. Im fortunate enough to have no consoles. Even older PCs can run all past gen games.

So, a purely PC player is commenting on a console version problem, about stuff that has no effect on them whatsoever...

Rafe Harwood
12-02-2014, 09:50 PM
And wasting resources to convert 6 games to next-gen would affect the actual AC game that's being made
And we all know what happens when resources are pulled from one game to make another

There is a huge difference between writing a new game and porting with a graphical update.

TheZeeMan
12-02-2014, 09:51 PM

In my opinion, they need to do this. Take a small team that will not have any effect on the next AC game to handle this. Release this or part of it next year around the annual AC release and actually give time for the next AC game to release with few bugs instead of the mess that Unity created. And leave the games in-tact, graphic update on the older ones would be fine.

MakimotoJin
12-02-2014, 09:53 PM
I have a question:Would it be possible to put AC Unity's engine onto older ACs,like AC3?

The_Kiwi_
12-02-2014, 10:01 PM
In my opinion, they need to do this. Take a small team that will not have any effect on the next AC game to handle this. Release this or part of it next year around the annual AC release and actually give time for the next AC game to release with few bugs instead of the mess that Unity created. And leave the games in-tact, graphic update on the older ones would be fine.

Why do they need to do this?

There is a huge difference between writing a new game and porting with a graphical update.

Multiply one port by six, it's just as big a job as making a new game
Porting isn't that easy, and it does take a lot of resources
And it isn't just going to be a "HD Remake" like all those collections on the PS3,
These would be actual enhancements of everything

I have a question:Would it be possible to put AC Unity's engine onto older ACs,like AC3?

Probably not, no
I'd imagine Ubi would have to rewrite the entire game for that

MakimotoJin
12-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Oh okay,well my dreams of a AC2 with a next-gen engine are over.

TheZeeMan
12-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Why do they need to do this?

Sorry I didn't elaborate....instead of trying to appease gamers and release an AC each year, use this bundle in one or two parts to give the devs some real time (1-2 adittional years) to release a finished game....unless downloading 10gb+ patches will be the norm...

The_Kiwi_
12-02-2014, 10:08 PM
How many of you bought AC4 on the PS3/360, then upgraded once you got next-gen?

Sorry I didn't elaborate....instead of trying to appease gamers and release an AC each year, use this bundle in one or two parts to give the devs some real time (1-2 adittional years) to release a finished game....unless downloading 10gb+ patches will be the norm...

As long as a remaster collection doesn't detract from the current AC in development, I am fine with it
I wouldn't buy it myself, but I wouldn't object to its existence

TheZeeMan
12-02-2014, 10:10 PM

As long as a remaster collection doesn't detract from the current AC in development, I am fine with it

I did but only because I got double achievements :D

Rafe Harwood
12-02-2014, 10:13 PM
And it isn't just going to be a "HD Remake" like all those collections on the PS3,

I think many have said just a port with graphics update. Where are you getting these 'enhancements' from?

The_Kiwi_
12-02-2014, 10:17 PM
I did but only because I got double achievements :D

So you got AC4 on the 360 and One, just for double achievements?

I think many have said just a port with graphics update. Where are you getting these 'enhancements' from?

What is a "graphics update" if not an enhancement?

TheZeeMan
12-02-2014, 10:28 PM
So you got AC4 on the 360 and One, just for double achievements?

Lol not the only reason...I just really like the whole AC series so it gave me more AC playing time by doing it twice...but I really loved the whole pirate thing. I thought Rogue was amazing but I really rushed through it just to play unity...so I definitely wouldnt mind playing it again to fully explore along with all of the others.

Rafe Harwood
12-02-2014, 10:51 PM
What is a "graphics update" if not an enhancement?

You tell me, you're the one who said:

As far as I'm concerned, an HD remake is exactly what it is.

Then of course we have to take into account that ACIV was ported to next gen fine, and was actually given away as a freebie with many console collections. I can't say about PS4 but Xbone Unity bundles included a free ACIV so it can't have cost 'that' much for the port, and it has improved/hd gaphics.

We also have to take into account that the next-gen port for ACIV must have taken place alongside the creation of Unity and Rogue, so your remarks concerning doing one or the other are meaningless.

Your points are just blowing in the wind at this point :/

The_Kiwi_
12-02-2014, 11:05 PM
You tell me, you're the one who said:

As far as I'm concerned, an HD remake is exactly what it is.

Then of course we have to take into account that ACIV was ported to next gen fine, and was actually given away as a freebie with many console collections. I can't say about PS4 but Xbone Unity bundles included a free ACIV so it can't have cost 'that' much for the port, and it has improved/hd gaphics.

We also have to take into account that the next-gen port for ACIV must have taken place alongside the creation of Unity and Rogue, so your remarks concerning doing one or the other are meaningless.

Your points are just blowing in the wind at this point :/

You don't know the production schedules of those games, so that point is automatically invalidated.
And no, my points are not meaningless, as I have provided evidence for my statements, cogent evidence that we have all experienced.
I pointed out that when two games are made side by side to be released at the same time, both suffer with problems.
Which is true.

It isn't JUST going to be a HD Remake
Actual enhancements of EVERYTHING
Never did I imply that HD isn't an enhancement
You merely inferred it
What I meant by actual enhancements is texture rendering, AI improvements, draw distance, foliage density etc

It is your points that are blowing in the wind.

MakimotoJin
12-02-2014, 11:08 PM
C'mon,don't you think at least making HD textures to AC1 would be a good thing?It's been years since I played it,and re-releasing it would be nice for some feels.

The_Kiwi_
12-02-2014, 11:29 PM
C'mon,don't you think at least making HD textures to AC1 would be a good thing?It's been years since I played it,and re-releasing it would be nice for some feels.

I'm not fussed by resolution
I wouldn't care if AC was made with PS1 graphics
Just because I like a game, it doesn't mean I need to play it with next-gen visuals
If I did, I'd be asking for a Crash Bandicoot remaster, an entire Spyro remaster (besides The Legend series), Jak remaster, Dead Space remaster, and plenty more
I loved all these games when I played them, I don't need better visuals to love them more

Don't you feel that way about games?

I bet when the PS3 came out, everyone here was in awe of the graphics, but now everyone looks at them with indifference

But I am still in awe of the graphics, I never lost that sense of wonder

Rafe Harwood
12-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Just because I like a game, it doesn't mean I need to play it with next-gen visuals
If I did, I'd be asking for a Crash Bandicoot remaster, an entire Spyro remaster (besides The Legend series), Jak remaster, Dead Space remaster, and plenty more
I loved all these games when I played them, I don't need better visuals to love them more

I bet when the PS3 came out, everyone here was in awe of the graphics, but now everyone looks at them with indifference

I think the main thing you are missing here, is that the next-gen consoles are not backward compatable.

Yes, we could all play the older stuff on the ps3/x360, because they were backwards compatable.

Now, if you want to play the games you need both machines, or if you like playing both versions, you may need 4 :/

RinoTheBouncer
12-02-2014, 11:34 PM
I guess a company like Ubisoft wonít be the first nor the last to release a remastered collection of the past games and they pretty much have their own plans to make it work. We donít have to reject the idea just because it seems difficult to us. They wonít be doing it unless they know that itís profitable and that it works.

Maybe some people like to play on PC, many others donít and they deserve to experience the franchise as well.

The_Kiwi_
12-02-2014, 11:47 PM
I think the main thing you are missing here, is that the next-gen consoles are not backward compatable.

Yes, we could all play the older stuff on the ps3/x360, because they were backwards compatable.

Now, if you want to play the games you need both machines, or if you like playing both versions, you may need 4 :/

That's not Ubisoft's or anyone else's problem
What you're saying is, people who are buying X1 or PS4 to play Unity are missing out on playing the other games, therefore there should be a remaster of the series
But tell me this, how many people are buying X1 or PS4 that have never had a PS3, 360 or a PC?
Barely any, I would imagine
Therefore, it is safe to assume that before people bought an X1 or PS4, they would have had the means to play previous games on prev-gen, by either having a PS3, 360 or PC.
That means it is nobody else's fault but their own that they didn't play AC on the PS3/360/PC

Hans684
12-02-2014, 11:50 PM
They should do something like the Master Chief collection but they won't.

Rafe Harwood
12-02-2014, 11:51 PM
That's not Ubisoft's or anyone else's problem
What you're saying is, people who are buying X1 or PS4 to play Unity are missing out on playing the other games, therefore there should be a remaster of the series
But tell me this, how many people are buying X1 or PS4 that have never had a PS3, 360 or a PC?
Barely any, I would imagine
Therefore, it is safe to assume that before people bought an X1 or PS4, they would have had the means to play previous games on prev-gen, by either having a PS3, 360 or PC.
That means it is nobody else's fault but their own that they didn't play AC on the PS3/360/PC

So now you are trying to make this a fairness issue?

It's a darn good economic one.

The_Kiwi_
12-02-2014, 11:55 PM
So now you are trying to make this a fairness issue?

It's a darn good economic one.

No, I was merely showing that your "people would have missed out on it" argument is a really weak one
I have no problem with a remaster, as I said earlier, but only if it doesn't affect the quality of the next game, i.e. if they remaster the series, they should put off a game until they're done

Rafe Harwood
12-03-2014, 12:10 AM
No, I was merely showing that your "people would have missed out on it" argument is a really weak one
I have no problem with a remaster, as I said earlier, but only if it doesn't affect the quality of the next game, i.e. if they remaster the series, they should put off a game until they're done

I don't recall saying people will have missed out on it :/

I for one have every AC game in my collection and still play all of them.

I guess there is a player type difference coming into play here. Some can replay games, others are the one-n-done type. I'm guessing you are the later.

The_Kiwi_
12-03-2014, 12:31 AM
I don't recall saying people will have missed out on it :/

I for one have every AC game in my collection and still play all of them.

I guess there is a player type difference coming into play here. Some can replay games, others are the one-n-done type. I'm guessing you are the later.

Right here.

You said that to play the games, both prev and next gen, you need two machines
That is saying that "to play the older games, you need a prev-gen console, so there should be a remaster for people who have next-gen not prev-gen"
Which is why I said that it's their own fault if they didn't play it on prev-gen, so there shouldn't be a remaster just so they don't miss out

And it's "the latter"
But no, I would be the former, "some can replay games"
I just don't need fancier technology to replay games

Rafe Harwood
12-03-2014, 12:35 AM
Right here.
You said that to play the games, both prev and next gen, you need two machines
That is saying that "to play the older games, you need a prev-gen console, so there should be a remaster for people who have next-gen not prev-gen"
Which is why I said that it's their own fault if they didn't play it on prev-gen, so there shouldn't be a remaster just so they don't miss out

And it's "the latter"
But no, I would be the former, "some can replay games"
I just don't need fancier technology to replay games

Yes, I said you would need two machines (fact), I did not say a newcomer would miss out (fiction).

If I meant to say "latter" I would have said "latter". I actualy said later, as in more late than late. Sheesh, you're a picky bugger ;)

Nic727
12-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Never played the one's before Black Flag. Could be cool to have something like Halo Master Chief Collection with all games into one.

The_Kiwi_
12-03-2014, 01:23 AM
Yes, I said you would need two machines (fact), I did not say a newcomer would miss out (fiction).

If I meant to say "latter" I would have said "latter". I actualy said later, as in more late than late. Sheesh, you're a picky bugger ;)

Yeah...
It is the latter, that's the correct term
I thought I'd correct you to save yourself from future mistakes

orionsrise
12-03-2014, 02:02 AM
I agree that the old games should be kept the same "mostly". AC1 was tedious and time consuming and a pain in the ***. So were the feathers in AC2. (Got every one of those god damn things and yea I gave up around 97 and cheated. Slap my hands I don't care :p ) But those made the games what they were. My only request is they include all dlcs and they support all games. No trophies for AC1 is still sticking in my ocd craw. And maybe they can include a lot of stories they cut for time. I'd love to span through Philly in AC3.

ERICATHERINE
12-03-2014, 03:27 AM

I bought ac 4 and if (after I will get my ps4) they remake many other ac games to be selled with it, I will keep my ps3 (and it's games) and buy it, but not for updated graphics. I would buy it, just in case my ps3 stop working, so I can continue to play the story from the beginning to the last game that I will have in the story. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
12-03-2014, 03:39 AM

That's exactly what I think. The graphics means nothing to me.

The_Kiwi_
12-03-2014, 04:17 AM
I bought ac 4 and if (after I will get my ps4) they remake many other ac games to be selled with it, I will keep my ps3 (and it's games) and buy it, but not for updated graphics. I would buy it, just in case my ps3 stop working, so I can continue to play the story from the beginning to the last game that I will have in the story. ^-^

Would it not be better to wait and see if the PS3 breaks?
If it doesn't, then you've got $100+ of games you don't need

That's exactly what I think. The graphics means nothing to me.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ogkm8V4r1r1n7ck.gif

Corleone-Kun
12-03-2014, 05:35 AM

One of the points I raised in the OP. Since they have many teams,they could allocate a small one to make the remaster and the big one gets 1 extra year to work on the main game (since the remaster would cover the next realese)

Anykeyer
12-03-2014, 07:40 AM
So, a purely PC player is commenting on a console version problem, about stuff that has no effect on them whatsoever...

It has effect on me. As I trully "enjoyed" Fable Anniversary. even if they tried to keep game mechanics as close to original as possible the game feels awfull and newcomers should not touch it even with a pole.

ERICATHERINE
12-03-2014, 05:48 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ogkm8V4r1r1n7ck.gif

:o

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 10:17 AM
It has effect on me. As I trully "enjoyed" Fable Anniversary. even if they tried to keep game mechanics as close to original as possible the game feels awfull and newcomers should not touch it even with a pole.

They did the same with the classic Goldeneye, but, there's a chance it could (if not tampered with) still be to original specs, just in HD. Although, that may effect a slight visual identity issue :/

Corleone-Kun
12-05-2014, 04:12 AM
(Y)

LatinaC09
03-10-2015, 02:07 AM
I would love if they did a remaster this year instead of releasing a new game. I guess that won't happen but I hope they at least get AC1 remastered. I would absolutely love to play it on next gen.

x___Luffy___x
03-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Ac1 is the only game i would love to see remastered. No need to change the gameplay, it was and still is one of my favorite ac game ever.
The cities were awesome and its atmosphere was superb. Wish they go back to AC1 or similar to that time period in some future game.

ERICATHERINE
03-10-2015, 05:08 PM
I would love if they did a remaster this year instead of releasing a new game. I guess that won't happen but I hope they at least get AC1 remastered. I would absolutely love to play it on next gen.

I don't know for this year, but maybe they will do a, let's say "10th anniversary edition". ;-)

GT40i
03-10-2015, 06:55 PM
I'd like to see AC Unity's co-op brought to AC IV Black Flag, both on land and sea.

cawatrooper9
03-11-2015, 04:07 AM
I think it would be cool. Also (and this might be controversial) I would like for better cutscenes in AC1- and maybe even to have Cas Anvar voice Altair.