PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one disappointed about this?

Jerez_29
12-01-2014, 01:18 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/zl544o.jpg

This menu here. I thought for a second, that even for one mission, we would be reliving the lives of past assassins, on this new gorgeous engine. I was so excited to see that we could be going back to Connor and Ezio and Edward, and more! It looks like Mr bottom left of "The Bladed Cross" is Roman, which is my #1 time of assassins that I want to explore. Why is it, that this menu is just put here to tease us, we only get to play the first one, then the modern day assassins go "Oh nah you don't wanna go through those"....YES YES I DO. I loved Arno's story, and I was glad to see the open world game and main story was set where it was. But why as we went along, could we have not taken brief breaks from Arno, to see all these other Assassins and Templars, honing our skills and gaining a better understanding of how the war between factions connects and flows over time.
I'm actually really hoping that at some point we get DLC to unlock this menu again and play these missions.

D.I.D.
12-01-2014, 01:21 AM
You're certainly not the only one. There's been another thread like this.

It didn't disappoint me because I knew it was a fake-out the moment I saw it, because there was no way that they could fit all these environments within the download. Even if they kept each location relatively small, the game install would have been gigantic.

nachdenki
12-01-2014, 01:22 AM
the funny thing is, when I started the game I thought "aah, this is going to be a tease, never ever will we be able to play those". half an hour in the game, I already forgot about the screen... until now ><

Yeah, would actually love that. Just 15 minute pieces each, one mission or something. But obvisusly, creating all those characters and locations for the new gen would be wayyyyy too expensive :-( But we'll see what the future brings!

Megas_Doux
12-01-2014, 01:22 AM
Same as above!

GoldenBoy9999
12-01-2014, 02:54 AM
Whaaaaaaaa? I've been wondering about that thing.... Now I'm really dissapointed. :( I've really been looking forward to the jazz age one as that is one of my favorite time periods of all... time. I would've loved to see what 1920's America was like on the AC engine... I really want an AC game where you get to play a multitude of different people and time periods now.

So that screen just never comes up again or what?

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 03:05 AM
I've played Rogue,and here's why this thing exists:
You're playing the Helix(or something like that).Some table documents show that these are supposed to be some memories gathered by Melanie.
So basically you,the player,are playing Abstergo's console,and these are the games.Unfortunately,the Assassins hack your console and stop you from playing the other games,and show you Arno's memories.
Blame the Assassins.

wvstolzing
12-01-2014, 03:28 AM
I've played Rogue,and here's why this thing exists:
You're playing the Helix(or something like that).Some table documents show that these are supposed to be some memories gathered by Melanie.
So basically you,the player,are playing Abstergo's console,and these are the games.Unfortunately,the Assassins hack your console and stop you from playing the other games,and show you Arno's memories.
Blame the Assassins.

And whoever made the decision to turn the Animus into a 'gaming console'. That screen was supposedly meant as a joke ---- and to 'get the joke', players would have had to be sold on the idea that their console was now a 'Helix', etc.; but that's such a lame, an unconvincing idea, that it serves only to confuse newer players, and elicit indifference or irritation from older ones.

Corleone-Kun
12-01-2014, 03:28 AM
Dude,I would pay for this as a full retail game,even if you play little time with each one you get to play in various locations and with various Assassins

SixKeys
12-01-2014, 05:22 AM
We've already played almost all of these. "Triumph of the Borgias" is obviously ACB from the Templar perspective, "The Lone Eagle" and "Washington and the Wolf" are AC3, etc. We'd basically be playing a re-edited version of past games in which the Templars are the good guys. I doubt that's really what you all want.

DeanOMiite
12-01-2014, 05:34 AM
I had actually forgotten all about this! Though my guess when I saw it was that this was just a continuation of how Ubi portrayed AC:BF as an experience Abstergo is marketing towards customers they wish to control, which is consistent with what SixKeys said...except that I don't get why the images shown include our favorite assassins since that shouldn't be what Abstergo is trying to showcase...in particular Shao Jun is portrayed there in "The Emperors Shadow" and to my knowledge (unless there's some side story outside the games that I don't know?) we don't know anything about what she did as an assassin. All I know is that she visited Ezio late in his life, seen in Assassins Creed: Embers. (If someone can enlighten me on what else she might have done that would be cool.)

But yeah, I think SixKeys is dead on, I just don't get the inconsistency in what is being shown there...or WHY it's even being shown.

Rafe Harwood
12-01-2014, 05:34 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/zl544o.jpg

This menu here. I thought for a second, that even for one mission, we would be reliving the lives of past assassins, on this new gorgeous engine. I was so excited to see that we could be going back to Connor and Ezio and Edward, and more! It looks like Mr bottom left of "The Bladed Cross" is Roman, which is my #1 time of assassins that I want to explore. Why is it, that this menu is just put here to tease us, we only get to play the first one, then the modern day assassins go "Oh nah you don't wanna go through those"....YES YES I DO. I loved Arno's story, and I was glad to see the open world game and main story was set where it was. But why as we went along, could we have not taken brief breaks from Arno, to see all these other Assassins and Templars, honing our skills and gaining a better understanding of how the war between factions connects and flows over time.
I'm actually really hoping that at some point we get DLC to unlock this menu again and play these missions.

I'm only addressing the one point here, but, you cannot get more experience from playing different lives. The experience is of' the life you are currently reliving. Getting experience in someone's life should never give you more experience/skills for a different one :)

Fatal-Feit
12-01-2014, 05:39 AM
We've already played almost all of these. "Triumph of the Borgias" is obviously ACB from the Templar perspective, "The Lone Eagle" and "Washington and the Wolf" are AC3, etc. We'd basically be playing a re-edited version of past games in which the Templars are the good guys. I doubt that's really what you all want.

But you have to admit, some of the missions like ''The Emperor's Shadow'' or ''Jazz Age Junkies'' would have given most fans an orgasm, if just for the setting.

DeanOMiite
12-01-2014, 06:01 AM
But you have to admit, some of the missions like ''The Emperor's Shadow'' or ''Jazz Age Junkies'' would have given most fans an orgasm, if just for the setting.

Super truth. Assassin's Creed has primarily focused on Euro/Anglo culture focusing their games in Europe and America, and in AC1 there were a lot of crusade era religious elements, but Asian heritage has been largely ignored. That's something they can reallllly do a lot with, in my opinion.

SixKeys
12-01-2014, 07:50 AM

"The Emperor's Shadow" would probably be the China Chronicles DLC, except with Templars as good guys. "Jazz Junkies", "The Bladed Cross" and "Hell in Hibernia" are probably just fake titles meant to tease fans, like the Project Osiris and Summer of Love Easter Eggs in Black Flag.

Did anyone else notice that one of the assassin intel files you find in Unity (from the Rifts) make reference to "The Phoenix Project" and "Phoenix Rising"? This is a joke based on an old rumor that was circulating some years ago, where a Photoshopped poster featuring Shao Jun was assumed to be a leak of the next AC game taking place in China.

So don't take these things too seriously as hints about where AC might go in the future. Ubi is known for trolling the fans by putting fake clues in their games.