PDA

View Full Version : Saving game properly

Dr_Manhattan123
11-30-2014, 02:41 PM
I'm on PS4 and can't for the life of me figure out how to save the game properly. There's no option on the pause menu. I've just been using Close Application to quit and relying on the Autosave. This has kept my place in the game, but it seems to reset my rank to Apprentice. Is this another bug? What am I doing wrong here?

Jackdaw951
11-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Welcome to modern times, where ownership and control of save files and save points have been completely wrenched away from the users. Unity is the worst so far in this area, or I haven't figured out how to force a save yet. In Black Flag, I knew of several ways, plus quitting through the menus always brought on the reassuring spinning save icon. In Unity, no such luck. You can't quit out of the game to a launch screen or main menu.

However, I haven't had issues with losing progress the way you describe. I just make sure to play on until I see the saving icon. Either that, or I quit to the Home screen without quitting the game (something possible on the XONE--I don't know about the PS4) and power down to standby mode, not full power off. This lets me resume later from what's basically a save state.