PDA

View Full Version : Hero Cards Gain

Balashka89
11-30-2014, 02:17 PM
How can I get new Hero cards? I haven't played for long, and I don't know the unlocking rules and the internet is too dumb to answer me. Please reply to me as fast as you can and thank you for your help in advance.

NottrDerBarBar
11-30-2014, 02:48 PM
-buy paks for gold or seals
-play the campaign to unlock paks
-use wildcards in the altar of wishes
-unlock achievements for paks or heros

Balashka89
11-30-2014, 03:13 PM
If I unlock a Base Set 2 Pack, will it contain Hero Cards maybe? Or any other packs that I buy with gold?

Mernix
11-30-2014, 03:43 PM
If I unlock a Base Set 2 Pack, will it contain Hero Cards maybe? Or any other packs that I buy with gold?

It is not certain i.e. it is randomly given, just like any other card.

Mernix
11-30-2014, 03:45 PM
One sure way is to use wild cards to buy them in the Altar of Wishes. If you don't have enough wild cards, you can sacrifice cards (if you have many) in the Infernal Pit to get both gold and wild cards.

Mushidoz
11-30-2014, 04:05 PM
Be careful when you start using wildcards -- There are old versions of some cards that will cost more than the newer version from Base Set2. When you open the altar of wishes (when you can do it), be sure to always uncheck "Hide Duplicate", because the team working on this game is TOO ****ING DUMB to do it themselves, despite probably the entire playerbase telling them to uncheck it by default.

NottrDerBarBar
11-30-2014, 04:23 PM
-buy paks for gold or seals
-play the campaign to unlock paks
-use wildcards in the altar of wishes
-unlock achievements for paks or heros

forgot an other option
-every friday at 17:00 (or whatever your timezone is) is a hero in the infernal pit

maybe. but not sure.

One sure way is to use wild cards to buy them in the Altar of Wishes. If you don't have enough wild cards, you can sacrifice cards (if you have many) in the Infernal Pit to get both gold and wild cards.

ja. be aware that baseset2 heroes are the cheapest with 8 wildcards for a hero.

Mernix
11-30-2014, 04:41 PM
Be careful when you start using wildcards -- There are old versions of some cards that will cost more than the newer version from Base Set2. When you open the altar of wishes (when you can do it), be sure to always uncheck "Hide Duplicate", because the team working on this game is TOO ****ING DUMB to do it themselves, despite probably the entire playerbase telling them to uncheck it by default.

Oh yes, great point!

Balashka89
11-30-2014, 07:22 PM
Another question. Are all heroes valid? So can't I choose a hero with a wildcard cost and then unable to use it in matches?

Licker34
11-30-2014, 08:06 PM
Some heroes are only valid in standard, all heroes are valid in open.

If you are using WCs to buy cards use the filters at the top and select 'Standard' that way you won't wind up with a hero (or other card) you can't use outside of Open. That's not to say you can't play Open as well, but the card pool is much deeper and harder to obtain due to only BS2+ new expansions being available for gold.

Gdinut
11-30-2014, 08:09 PM
Another question. Are all heroes valid? So can't I choose a hero with a wildcard cost and then unable to use it in matches?

In Open format all heroes are valid
for standard format only heroes from base set 2, griffin bane, hearth of nightmares and sins of betrayal.

Hero cards are the hardest to come by in packs. in every single expansion they are always the last ones i can complete (even if i buy stuff with seals) my advice is to focus in getting the ones you want with wildcards, but be sure you think you will really use that hero a lot because at first it is really hard to have many heroes.

mayar21
11-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Don't waste your wildcards on base heroes. You can get 6 free base heroes just by defeating other factions. The first time you defeat a certain faction you will get for free a base hero of that factions. For example defeat Inferno and you will get garant. Base heroes are those with 2 destiny. So play quick matches and you will get more heroes.

Balashka89
11-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Guys, you are awesome! You know something that the whole internet doesn't. Awesome job, all of you. Thank you!