PDA

View Full Version : So any hints in Unity/Rogue that you think might be pointing to the next location?

UniteUnderPower
11-30-2014, 09:33 AM
Curious if anyone caught any hints in Unity or Rogue that they think are hinting at the next time period. Or do you think that it's more likely that they'll throw a subtle hint into the Dead Kings DLC like they did with Freedom Cry(the 2 guards talking about the french)? I'm asking because I'm sure that I've missed something.

crusader_prophet
11-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Next AC will be set in Indian sub-continent.

City of Mysore will be an important location. King Tipu Sultan and Maharaja Ranjit Singh will also be in it and most likely during the time period of pre-British Raj when the East India Company was just setting up its roots. Check out AC: Brahman and then the clues left in AC: Rogue. An email from Melanie Lamay (Tablet Document 14) and Otso Berg's Diary titled "Koh-i-Noor" from The Phoenix Project. Kohinoor is a diamond (in reality and currently possessed by Queen Elizabeth II of UK) and re-imagined being as a piece of Eden possessing incredible power and hence its previous owners have been able to leave a great mark in history. In the recording Berg even says that they should continue monitoring any Assassin activities.

Before Unity came out I knew that the next AC was going to be involving Napoleon Bonaparte by playing AC Freedom Cry but I could not get my thoughts out to the public. But here I am trying it again.

There is already a thread to discuss settings/locations for next AC game, please use that thread. It is located here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/910992-Future-Assassin-s-Creed-games-Location-amp-Setting-Discussion?goto=newpost

LoyalACFan
11-30-2014, 11:45 AM

City of Mysore will be an important location. King Tipu Sultan and Maharaja Ranjit Singh will also be in it and most likely during the time period of pre-British Raj when the East India Company was just setting up its roots. Check out AC: Brahman and then the clues left in AC: Rogue. An email from Melanie Lamay (Tablet Document 14) and Otso Berg's Diary titled "Koh-i-Noor" from The Phoenix Project. Kohinoor is a diamond (in reality and currently possessed by Queen Elizabeth II of UK) and re-imagined being as a piece of Eden possessing incredible power and hence its previous owners have been able to leave a great mark in history. In the recording Berg even says that they should continue monitoring any Assassin activities.

Before Unity came out I knew that the next AC was going to be involving Napoleon Bonaparte by playing AC Freedom Cry but I could not get my thoughts out to the public. But here I am trying it again.

There is already a thread to discuss settings/locations for next AC game, please use that thread. It is located here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/910992-Future-Assassin-s-Creed-games-Location-amp-Setting-Discussion?goto=newpost

I think we'll be going to India/Hindustan eventually, but not in 2015. Remember, we got a (pretty in-your-face) French Revolution clue all the way back in 2010; just because they're dropping hints at India doesn't mean that's where we're going next. Next year will almost certainly be Arno again, in the Napoleonic Wars. I doubt they gave us that random Napoleon cameo at the end for nothing.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Wherever it is, I just hope they don't ride roughshod over the history like they did in Unity. These games are better when they use real history (not lies) as a backdrop.

VestigialLlama4
11-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Curious if anyone caught any hints in Unity or Rogue that they think are hinting at the next time period. Or do you think that it's more likely that they'll throw a subtle hint into the Dead Kings DLC like they did with Freedom Cry(the 2 guards talking about the french)? I'm asking because I'm sure that I've missed something.

I think the hints might be Egypt during Napoleon's Invasion, Ashraf Ismail said he wanted to do Ancient Egypt. Arno was quite blatantly invented to create a franchise around him - a lot of the side missions deal with folks who become important in the Napoleonic Era (Josephine, Joachim Murat, Bernadotte and Desiree). I think they planned to have Arno and Napoleon be buddy cops as they travel around Europe under Napoleon's Eagle Banner(get it Assassin reference). The disastrous launch and criticism though might make them think reconsider. Juno kept talking about finding instruments and wanting to see more of her people in some of the Rifts stuff, and Egypt with the whole mummy, death and resurrection stuff can add to it well. Ideally they should do a Revelations Nested Story, where the Main Part is Napoleon in Egypt trying to convince the Egyptians that he's bringing progress to them while actually engaging in the protection racket that was his Empire(which the Egyptians naturally see through), while Arno snorkels around for Tombs and artifacts and goes there via Memory Seals. Aside from Hellenistic Alexandria, Ancient Egypt would be hard to do for Assassin's Creed since the urban setting and low buildings wouldn't allow much for sandbox play. So they can use memory seals for Linear Black-Box kind of missions that explore the era and culture, this would also mean fewer assets for them to develop and allow for an annual release. It will end in a nice climax with the Battle of the Nile where Arno gets his buddy and pal Napoleon to escape to France where he becomes Dictator.

[/B]

The general rule is if they put it in a comic, they are not going to make a full game out of it. If they're going to do Mysore though, they can have the early career of the Duke of Wellington. Considering the absurdity of Unity, I imagine the Assassins will side with Wellington and the British Empire against the Templar Tipu Sultan(who invented rockets, he fired them off his elephants).

Personally I'd rather they avoid India during the British Raj. I am from India and I pretty much loathed FAR CRY 4's colonialist fantasy. I can just imagine some British Templar dying and talking about how they personally used the Empire to bring progress and the like and I can anticipate the online posts where people talk about the good the British did for India and the all the asinine propaganda Americans continue to absorb uncritically. And if they're going to approach language the way they did in FAR CRY 4 well better not do that then. If they want to do India, I suggest they do an Earlier era, say during the era of Shah Jahan or Akbar, where you can have amazing architecture(Taj Mahal was built then) and where you can have more freedom to invent stuff. Ideally they should tackle the 1857 Mutiny but I think after the American and the French, Ubisoft must have had its fill of Revolutionary settings. Or if they want to go nuts, go to Ancient India around the time Alexander came here and the rise of the Mauryas, you can have some First Civilization insanity too in the mix since very few records exist from that time,

India would represent a challenge for Ubisoft since most of it wasn't very urbanized, tended towards small towns, villages and kingdoms(many of which had good infrastructure in terms of wells and drinking water which the English destroyed in the course of conquest), so you'll have a return to III. They'll have to concentrate on Delhi mainly (which would restrict it to the era of 1600s-1860). Anything after that is too modern for AC and offers little for them.

Wherever it is, I just hope they don't ride roughshod over the history like they did in Unity. These games are better when they use real history (not lies) as a backdrop.

The problem is not history so much as politics. The games were better when they didn't have to deal with political figures but with outlaws and cultural heroes. They should ideally stick to cultural eras.

The eras I'd like to see are:
Elizabethan England - Christopher Marlowe is an Assassin, Walter Raleigh is the Mentor, Essex is a Templar and Shakespeare is Shakespeare.
19th Century Russia - Just after Napoleon's Invasion but generally between 1840-1870 - Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Turgenev.

Megas_Doux
11-30-2014, 02:35 PM
LOL at certain comment above!!

Back on topic,with Ubisoft in terms of settings you NEVER know! Napoleon is the most important figure in "modern" western history second only to Hitler, Napoleonic Wars seem like a "logic" step, either in Egypt, Spain, or Germany/Austria, but considering how Unity was received....

Then some say that a viking game was hinted in Rogue, China, Japan, etc etc etc.

dxsxhxcx
11-30-2014, 02:38 PM
hints don't mean much in AC, the french revolution was hinted in ACB and we only got the game now.. I hope they go to Egypt (but not after the events of Unity, I'm tired of guns)...

ze_topazio
11-30-2014, 02:48 PM
Playing Rogue I got feelings of:

Brazil
India
Japan

Portugal (alright, this one is 99% wishful thinking on my part)

I already forgot why, so don't ask.

UniteUnderPower
11-30-2014, 10:21 PM
Ancient Egypt would literally be so perfect, especially story-wise imo. It's just the breath of fresh air that this series needs.

rprkjj
11-30-2014, 10:25 PM
I think we'll be going to India/Hindustan eventually, but not in 2015. Remember, we got a (pretty in-your-face) French Revolution clue all the way back in 2010; just because they're dropping hints at India doesn't mean that's where we're going next. Next year will almost certainly be Arno again, in the Napoleonic Wars. I doubt they gave us that random Napoleon cameo at the end for nothing.

This. We'll get India in 2018. Next years' stop is Arno in Egypt imo, what with the Ankh reference and that one file in Rogue.

Xstantin
11-30-2014, 10:44 PM
The Sage list features India as well, but it might be something like that "potential settings" email in Black Flag so who knows.

Namikaze_17
11-30-2014, 10:49 PM
I'd like China...

Though Ubi would REALLY have to take their time with it to meet everyone's expectations.

Otherwise it'll be AC3's long lost brother... :rolleyes:

rprkjj
11-30-2014, 11:02 PM
Patrilineal Line
Fifteenth Century – Italian Renaissance ***
Sixteenth Century – Ottoman Empire ***
Eighteenth Century – American Colonies / War of Independence ***
Nineteenth Century – New England and American Midwest
Matrilineal Line
Twelfth Century – Holy Land / Crusades ***
Thirteenth Century – Egypt and Northern Africa
Fourteenth Century – Ashikaga Shogunate in Japan
Eighteenth Century – French Revolution *** (although Arno isn't related to Desmond)
Nineteenth Century – Napoleonic wars; Taiwan

^The email from AC4. Periods that have already done have been marked. I excluded Summer of Love for obvious reasons.

As far as Desmond's ancestry goes, we're left with:

Thirteenth Century – Egypt and Northern Africa (matri)
Fourteenth Century – Ashikaga Shogunate in Japan (matri)
Nineteenth Century – New England and American Midwest (patri)
Nineteenth Century – Napoleonic wars; Taiwan (matri)

Honestly, any one of these would be incredible.

MakimotoJin
11-30-2014, 11:08 PM
Patrilineal Line
Matrilineal Line
Eighteenth Century – French Revolution *** (although Arno isn't related to Desmond)

^The email from AC4. Periods that have already done have been marked. I excluded Summer of Love for obvious reasons.

Egypt or China would be nice.

dxsxhxcx
11-30-2014, 11:51 PM
Patrilineal Line
Matrilineal Line

Egypt between Altair and Ezio's time would be awesome, with an Order similar to Al Mualim's one but also in the process of changing some of its views/ways because of Altair influence.. we know that Sef's widow and daugthers settled in Alexandria and Darim also moved Altair's library (with probably a lot of information about the POEs, TWCB and even info about Sages) there as well, we could play as an Assassin a couple of generations after Darim's looking for information about the Sages and TWCB after reading about them in Altair's Library..

RinoTheBouncer
12-01-2014, 12:11 AM
I think the ideal destination for the next game is Egypt during the Napoleonic Wars. The would be like two birds in one stone. They can bring Arno back and take him to Egypt (they took Ezio all the way to Masyaf and Turkey) or they can introduce a new character, an Egyptian man who lived during the Napoleonic Wars. Arno can make a cameo of some sort, or hell he can even be the villain. Either way, if it’s well-made, it’s gonna be epic. But to return to France again or any European country would be a disaster.

The Ankh references got me thinking about it again, even though I’ve always thought that Egypt is a great candidate for the Napoleonic Wars. I just hope they will truly give us some interesting Modern Day and First Civ. contents. The Pyramids scream FIRST CIV.

Megas_Doux
12-01-2014, 12:22 AM
Patrilineal Line
Matrilineal Line

That was fan service/trolling by Darby, nothing new under the sun...

DA SHIZZLE IG
12-01-2014, 12:58 AM
In rogue the viking era was heavily implied. That would be a cool setting though.

D.I.D.
12-01-2014, 01:02 AM
In rogue the viking era was heavily implied. That would be a cool setting though.

Best thing about the vikings would be the potential for travel, rather than their original homes. They lived and traded all along the silk/spice routes, and viking bodies have been found in their graves in their home countries dressed in their silks. There was a famous viking regiment that worked for a while as the royal bodyguard in Turkey, which could take us back to Istanbul. They left viking messages scratched into the stonework of some buildings while they were there, too.

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 01:07 AM
I'd be game for a Viking setting...

People really need to open their Horizon. -__-

souNdwAve89
12-01-2014, 01:18 AM
Hmmm... Speaking of Altair's descendants, we know that the last recorded ancestor within Desmond's mother's lineage is Iskender, who was the Egyptian Mentor during the time of Ezio (Revelations). Lately, we have gotten to know William's lineage with Ezio, Edward, and Connor. It would be nice to visit more of Desmond's mother's side. The thing is that Arno is not related to Desmond, but they could always have someone related to Desmond in a game in some way. With that said, I am curious to see if Dead Kings will give us another hint because so far, another game with Arno and Napoleon is the best candidate right now.

Megas_Doux
12-01-2014, 01:18 AM
I'd be game for a Viking setting...

People really need to open their Horizon. -__-

I do!

Thing is excluding Unity; AC III, Rogue, AC IV and that hypothetical Viking game. We would have 4 games in row that plain abandon huge urban environments, that is shame considering the new features like big crowds, 1:1 buildings and seamless access to those. You know, Boston, Havana- although gorgeous- NY 1.0, NY 2.0, Kingston and Nassau dont have ANYTHING on Paris, or any other city of its like for matter AC gameplay wise of course.

A viking game would be cool, but NOT in the near future.

ze_topazio
12-01-2014, 01:36 AM
I said before somewhere that a viking game centered around King Canute conquest of England would be kinda cool, we could sail on the north sea and visit many cities of his empire.

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 01:42 AM
I said before somewhere that a viking game centered around King Canute conquest of England would be kinda cool, we could sail on the north sea and visit many cities of his empire.

Ubisoft reusing Black Flag's/Rogue's engine?Most likely.
But if they change the HUD,make the story longer,and make it for next-gen,and not have anything related to the Viking Armor,then I'd buy it.

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 01:58 AM
I do!

Thing is excluding Unity; AC III, Rogue, AC IV and that hypothetical Viking game. We would have 4 games in row that plain abandon huge urban environments, that is shame considering the new features like big crowds, 1:1 buildings and seamless access to those. You know, Boston, Havana- although gorgeous- NY 1.0, NY 2.0, Kingston and Nassau dont have ANYTHING on Paris, or any other city of its like for matter AC gameplay wise of course.

A viking game would be cool, but NOT in the near future.

It goes hand and hand for me...

After awhile, I got bored with Florence and Venice as much as I got bored with the Frontier and Islands in AC4.

Point is, I like a balance. I agree with you said about how Paris should've had a rural-like area circling around it.

Xstantin
12-01-2014, 02:06 AM
Point is, I like a balance. I agree with you said about how Paris should've had a rural-like area circling around it.

There's Saint-Lambert, but not too many missions there though.

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 02:20 AM
There's Saint-Lambert, but not too many missions there though.

I haven't seen it...how does it look? :)

Xstantin
12-01-2014, 02:24 AM
@Nami, some vegetable patches, small houses, market stalls, one or two churches. Nothing exciting :)

rob1990312
12-01-2014, 02:25 AM
hmm i think there were clothes lines in unity with clothes on them the same colour as the indian flag just like how previous games did this with the colours of the french flag

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 02:29 AM
@Nami, some vegetable patches, small houses, market stalls, one or two churches. Nothing exciting :)

Oh, okay.

Thanks. ;)

pupicucek
03-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Actually in AC3 they revealed the locations of black flag, unity, victory and one more, the last one showed japan. It's like 90%.

Mr.Black24
03-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Patrilineal Line
Matrilineal Line

Honestly, any one of these would be incredible. Well we got the open ended "endings" of Connor, Shay and Aveline to make that a setting! Especially since Connor was around in 1804.

So can anyone explain to me on why didn't they at least introduce Desmond's ancestor in the French Revolution for Unity? I'm surprised that it wasn't even up there! Until then, my headcanon of Arno is actually Desmond's ancestor still stands.

Megas_Doux
03-11-2015, 08:54 PM
Well we got the open ended "endings" of Connor, Shay and Aveline to make that a setting! Especially since Connor was around in 1804.

So can anyone explain to me on why didn't they at least introduce Desmond's ancestor in the French Revolution for Unity? I'm surprised that it wasn't even up there! Until then, my headcanon of Arno is actually Desmond's ancestor still stands.

That was stated to be a joke/fan service, so it SHOULD NOT be taken seriously, that´s why summer of love was put there, an easter of an easter egg:

https://simpsonswiki.com/w/images/thumb/5/5a/Assassin%27s_Creed_Summer_of_Love.png/250px-Assassin%27s_Creed_Summer_of_Love.png

I might think like that based on desires, but I cannot stomach ANOTHER colonial America game.

Namikaze_17
03-11-2015, 09:23 PM
It is indeed a mystery about Desmond's ancestor from that time. ( Though the whole list is only a joke/fan-service)

Sure, it could just be a random nobody that just survived, but the best candidate to me is Leon for some reason.

The ancestor afterwards was in the Napoleonic Wars, who's to say the young boy doesn't grow up and participate?

( Though the contradiction is why show two but not one which makes me unsure)

Then you'd say Taiwan, but who cares? Ezio went to Constantinople, Shay to Lisbon, Connor to Jamaica, etc.

Just contemplating as all, don't take it seriously. ;)

Xangr8
03-11-2015, 11:06 PM
Dead Kings had some really big hints, I believe.

Megas_Doux
03-11-2015, 11:24 PM

In regards of potential setting, I will have to quote this:

NOTHING IS TRUE, EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED...

Altair1789
03-12-2015, 12:39 AM
That was stated to be a joke/fan service, so it SHOULD NOT be taken seriously, that´s why summer of love was put there, an easter of an easter egg:

https://simpsonswiki.com/w/images/thumb/5/5a/Assassin%27s_Creed_Summer_of_Love.png/250px-Assassin%27s_Creed_Summer_of_Love.png

I might think like that based on desires, but I cannot stomach ANOTHER colonial America game.

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/insertcoin/files/2013/11/ac2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/C6Stjos.jpg

They really gotta stop doing this to us :(

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Leon as the assassin mentor in AC Victory. Not an actual mentor, but just the grandmaster of the assassins (I'm pretty sure mentor in the brotherhood can mean both). The way he acted in Dead Kings seems to be hinting at something like that

JustPlainQuirky
03-12-2015, 01:25 AM
so much stuff hinted at Egypt

which means we'll probably be seeing Feudal Japan

Xstantin
03-12-2015, 02:57 AM
so much stuff hinted at Egypt

which means we'll probably be seeing Feudal Japan

lmao so true. It's probably gonna be "Hey, there's the Phrygian cap in Brotherhood" situation again

Megas_Doux
03-12-2015, 03:11 AM
Ahhh the rumours and "possible" hints:

After AC I MANY thought Feudal would be the sequel.
Brotherhood heavily hinted the French Revolution, we got the Ottoman Empire.
NOBODY saw AC IV coming after AC III.
Unity winked at Egypt and Rogue at vikings....Victorian England and possibly Japan are on the horizon instead.

JustPlainQuirky
03-12-2015, 03:15 AM
i would disregard any hints involving future titles

theyre nothing but misleading

Mr.Black24
03-12-2015, 04:19 AM

https://simpsonswiki.com/w/images/thumb/5/5a/Assassin's_Creed_Summer_of_Love.png/250px-Assassin's_Creed_Summer_of_Love.png

I might think like that based on desires, *but I cannot stomach ANOTHER colonial America game. While the writer's intentions are supposed to be humorous, technically, in terms of writing standpoint, its written in stone in terms of lore, so Desmond really does have all these folks as his ancestors. Its all part of the AC Universe now, no matter if people like it or not.

*I understand your point too, but at least for me, I want everything to be neatly closed so that we don't ever have to go back again. I'm the type of guy who likes to finish what I started, hence why me personally won't be buying Victory unless if there is a DLC concluding our Colonial characters. So for me, I can handle more colonial games if it means we can finish these characters once and for all. I really don't support the idea of creating a new story set and leaving them open ended like that, at least a neat sendoff would be good, but the writers can't even do that anymore.