PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed of the lack of cars. How will each driver be unique with such few cars ?

ashanator
11-30-2014, 07:26 AM
http://www.reddit.com/r/The_Crew/comments/2eu8hh/official_car_list/

Here's the list of cars, there is a huge lack of Imports for starters and the full list of cars is rather disappointing.

With "thousands" of crews driving around and so few cars, the chances are the majority of people you come across will have the same car as you.

For such a big game it's extremely disappointing to see such a huge lack of cars, Forza Horizon offered a truly unique driving experience due to the vast number of cars.

A game focussed on cars, should at least have a good selection. At this stage if you don't like American muscle or exotics, you're in for a bad time.

joocyfroot
11-30-2014, 07:35 AM
Meh, I'd be fine with even 20 cars at launch personally. I'm fairly certain I'm in the minority on that statement though.

I personally question if that Reddit list is actually official. I don't see anyone from Ubisoft posting in there, seems like speculation to me.

NEET_Ludamister
11-30-2014, 07:36 AM
http://www.reddit.com/r/The_Crew/comments/2eu8hh/official_car_list/

Here's the list of cars, there is a huge lack of Imports for starters and the full list of cars is rather disappointing.

With "thousands" of crews driving around and so few cars, the chances are the majority of people you come across will have the same car as you.

For such a big game it's extremely disappointing to see such a huge lack of cars, Forza Horizon offered a truly unique driving experience due to the vast number of cars.

A game focussed on cars, should at least have a good selection. At this stage if you don't like American muscle or exotics, you're in for a bad time.

Don't worry. You will always be a special snowflake in my eyes.

rsandersr47
11-30-2014, 07:37 AM
looks like this list was created 3 months ago. Almost impossible this can be an accurate list. Even now we are unsure if the lancer evo will make the game. There will most likely not be a lot of cars but they will have lots of custom options to make the car yours. If they keep adding to this game as it seems they want to the list will get bigger.. I would love for this game to become big enough that the lands expand and it lasts many years!

GIuteus_Maximus
11-30-2014, 08:16 AM
looks like this list was created 3 months ago. Almost impossible this can be an accurate list. Even now we are unsure if the lancer evo will make the game. There will most likely not be a lot of cars but they will have lots of custom options to make the car yours. If they keep adding to this game as it seems they want to the list will get bigger.. I would love for this game to become big enough that the lands expand and it lasts many years!

unless Ubisoft pulls the plug in less than a year.

Rattenschnitzel
11-30-2014, 08:31 AM
Don't take somthing as official as long as it is not signed.
I can't really name them all in a hurry but there are at least 20 cars missing.

rsandersr47
11-30-2014, 08:40 AM
unless Ubisoft pulls the plug in less than a year.

I really don't see that happening. They put too much work into this game to let the project go too quickly. I think it would be great if they chose to treat this like the warframe crew and just keep adding things (even tho warframe is still in beta) keep it a non pay2win game but still offer things for $ so they can continue to keep it alive. I would most certainly pay for a few things like extended map or some tuner cars that are not available in game yet. Or could you imagine a crew HQ that you can get to by visiting the airport! Inside the hq you could have your own custom race track and a garage that you can ride around in perhaps even crew donated parts/cars) I think they could continue this game for a long time to come and if they continue to listen to the fans it could be a deep game.. maybe even extend it past a generation of consoles and allow us to export vehicles (of course that is if this game turns out to be a success) Bottom line is, i don't see them pulling the plug soon and if the money keeps coming in It will extend the life it already has

GIuteus_Maximus
11-30-2014, 10:26 AM
I really don't see that happening. They put too much work into this game to let the project go too quickly. I think it would be great if they chose to treat this like the warframe crew and just keep adding things (even tho warframe is still in beta) keep it a non pay2win game but still offer things for $ so they can continue to keep it alive. I would most certainly pay for a few things like extended map or some tuner cars that are not available in game yet. Or could you imagine a crew HQ that you can get to by visiting the airport! Inside the hq you could have your own custom race track and a garage that you can ride around in perhaps even crew donated parts/cars) I think they could continue this game for a long time to come and if they continue to listen to the fans it could be a deep game.. maybe even extend it past a generation of consoles and allow us to export vehicles (of course that is if this game turns out to be a success) Bottom line is, i don't see them pulling the plug soon and if the money keeps coming in It will extend the life it already has
People had high expectations also for TDU2. And well... you know what happened.

Fireseed
11-30-2014, 11:32 AM
The original post is three months old. And the infos are taken from the beta game files. So how could they be official? Don´t believe them.

Getthowolfje
11-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Yup how higher the expectations the faster a game can fail and that's not genre dependent.... there are enough examples.

BigBoyMitchTI
11-30-2014, 12:05 PM
I think the list is quite good for a first game. I have no complaints. Sure, Forza has alot more cars and that's because tthey copy the car models from previois forza titles.

NFS 2012 had around 50-60 cars and that franchise had many titles.

BA1969
11-30-2014, 01:16 PM

You've pointed out the main flaw already.... they keep it alive as long as the money keeps coming. Well, to be honest and based on previous titles, I'm going to give this game a lifespan of 6 months at the most, if it doesn't die earlier. That's not what I want, but that's just being realistic. The developers already have made way too many promises, they can never keep all of them. So people will be disappointed if those promises aren't realized in a few weeks after release. Secondly, it will be released with some major flaws, again people will be disappointed. If the car list is really as small as we al think it is and way too many cars will be released as DLC, again that will be a disappointement. How about 8 player multiplayer only? That already is a huge disappointment and will only become more and more appearent and an issue over the next few weeks. It's 2014 and we're going to play a MMO with 8 players only, seriously.... that will be another disappointment, I'm also afraid that this game will get low ratings, just as TDU2 did.

This whole game the development team approach reminds me way too much of TDU2. Such a hype, such high hopes,so many promises made by the developers. In the end is was one huge disappointment. I've learned from that and I'm not taking developers too serious on their promises anymore. TDU2 was really cool for what it was and once you got that and didn't think of it as they promised it, but as it really was, you could really enjoy the game. At least I did. Most didn't, since they were let down by believing all the promises made.

Way too many here obviously buy the game for what they hope it will be and not for what it really is. Soon the whole hype the developers created around the Crew will backfire on them and the majority of buyers will be so disappointed. Once that happens it's bye bye future development. Sounds gloomy? Yes it does, but I rather be realistic then getting my hopes up for nothing. The game world isn't what it used to be anymore. Gamers buy a game, play it for a few weeks and move on to the next one. Only few games survive for more then 3 months. I'm hoping the Crew will be one of them, but looking at the odds, I doubt it.

Oh, I've very sure the game will be fun as is, but I'm only going to take it as is and not as should be.

NEET_Ludamister
11-30-2014, 03:45 PM
You've pointed out the main flaw already.... they keep it alive as long as the money keeps coming. Well, to be honest and based on previous titles, I'm going to give this game a lifespan of 6 months at the most, if it doesn't die earlier. That's not what I want, but that's just being realistic. The developers already have made way too many promises, they can never keep all of them. So people will be disappointed if those promises aren't realized in a few weeks after release. Secondly, it will be released with some major flaws, again people will be disappointed. If the car list is really as small as we al think it is and way too many cars will be released as DLC, again that will be a disappointement. How about 8 player multiplayer only? That already is a huge disappointment and will only become more and more appearent and an issue over the next few weeks. It's 2014 and we're going to play a MMO with 8 players only, seriously.... that will be another disappointment, I'm also afraid that this game will get low ratings, just as TDU2 did.

This whole game the development team approach reminds me way too much of TDU2. Such a hype, such high hopes,so many promises made by the developers. In the end is was one huge disappointment. I've learned from that and I'm not taking developers too serious on their promises anymore. TDU2 was really cool for what it was and once you got that and didn't think of it as they promised it, but as it really was, you could really enjoy the game. At least I did. Most didn't, since they were let down by believing all the promises made.

Way too many here obviously buy the game for what they hope it will be and not for what it really is. Soon the whole hype the developers created around the Crew will backfire on them and the majority of buyers will be so disappointed. Once that happens it's bye bye future development. Sounds gloomy? Yes it does, but I rather be realistic then getting my hopes up for nothing. The game world isn't what it used to be anymore. Gamers buy a game, play it for a few weeks and move on to the next one. Only few games survive for more then 3 months. I'm hoping the Crew will be one of them, but looking at the odds, I doubt it.

Oh, I've very sure the game will be fun as is, but I'm only going to take it as is and not as should be.

I don't understand why you nor anyone else should think that The Crew will have a short lifespan. You keep comparing it to Fuel or TDU or whatever other games when none of them are like this.

If you're just taking it for what the current state is, then yes. The game doesn't have much going for it. But the promise is that it'll expand. Not with additional content of things we've come to expect or know like new cars but NEW content. New features. That kind of thing.

If anything, take a good look at Drift City. It's been around since 2007 and still is chugging. That game has been and always will be P2W but you have people constantly playing it still, especially for the weekly Channel Battle, which is a server-wide pvp event that takes place on Saturdays. For me, The Crew will need to have a really competitive PvP scene that extends past these faction wars for me to be really interested in the long term. I know it'll take time for these kind of things to come but I'm sure they will. Not in any particular order either.

joocyfroot
11-30-2014, 04:01 PM
People comparing to TDU2 need to realize 2 things:

1. Atari went bankrupt, this was something in the making before TDU2 existed
2. TDU2 servers are still online AFAIK

BA1969
11-30-2014, 04:24 PM
If you're just taking it for what the current state is, then yes. The game doesn't have much going for it. But the promise is that it'll expand. Not with additional content of things we've come to expect or know like new cars but NEW content. New features. That kind of thing.

See, that's the whole point. The game will be judged by what it is at release, not by what it will be. Reviews will judge the game in it's current state and so will most gamers. A studio can promise me anything before release, but when those promises aren't cashed in at release, there are no guarantees that they will come. Good luck with buying promises, they're bound to be broken.

Senninha-75
11-30-2014, 04:39 PM

I can garantee you this game will have a longer lifespan than 6 months, each car in the game can be specced the way you want it (yes even Lambo's can be specced as a dirt spec), an enormous map of 5000+ km2 to explore, hundreds of different challenges to master to get better car parts, satellite dishes to discover, car parts all over the map to discover to unlock 5 extra cars (1 for each zone), PvP battles, in game factions that unlock at level 10, vistas to explore and unlock, platinum parts that unlock once you reached the level cap etc. etc.. This game will be played for years (atleast for me it will). If this game cant keep you interested for 6 months you only can blame yourself. Played TDU2 last night to get me even more hyped for this game, and that game still has a strong community altho Atari went bankrupt years ago and the game isnt supported anymore the servers are still up and with a dedicated community that still plays that game on daily bases..

MDT_Quake
11-30-2014, 04:41 PM
(yes even Lambo's can be specced as a dirt spec),

And that is false statement.

Senninha-75
11-30-2014, 04:49 PM
And that is false statement.

yes sorry my bad, thought the Lambo's also could be specced as dirt but you are right. Lambo's can only be specced as stock, performance and circuit spec, but this doesnt change the fact we got a **** load of customisation for each different car :P...

BA1969
11-30-2014, 05:06 PM
I can garantee you this game will have a longer lifespan than 6 months, each car in the game can be specced the way you want it (yes even Lambo's can be specced as a dirt spec), an enormous map of 5000+ km2 to explore, hundreds of different challenges to master to get better car parts, satellite dishes to discover, car parts all over the map to discover to unlock 5 extra cars (1 for each zone), PvP battles, in game factions that unlock at level 10, vistas to explore and unlock, platinum parts that unlock once you reached the level cap etc. etc.. This game will be played for years (atleast for me it will). If this game cant keep you interested for 6 months you only can blame yourself. Played TDU2 last night to get me even more hyped for this game, and that game still has a strong community altho Atari went bankrupt years ago and the game isnt supported anymore the servers are still up and with a dedicated community that still plays that game on daily bases..

Oh yes, for sure, this game has a huge lifespan as is and I'll be playing for years. I'm still playing TDU2 as well. But that's not what this is about, it's about official support for the game, new stuff being released for a long period of time. I seriously doubt that. I'm sure a small core of people will play this game for ages, just as with TDU/TDU2, but that small core doesn't warrant continues updates. I'm expecting official support through new released items to end within 6 months. The servers will still be up after that, but all the huge promises made by the developers will have faded away by then.

Senninha-75
11-30-2014, 05:12 PM
Oh yes, for sure, this game has a huge lifespan as is and I'll be playing for years. I'm still playing TDU2 as well. But that's not what this is about, it's about official support for the game, new stuff being released for a long period of time. I seriously doubt that. I'm sure a small core of people will play this game for ages, just as with TDU/TDU2, but that small core doesn't warrant continues updates. I'm expecting official support through new released items to end within 6 months. The servers will still be up after that, but all the huge promises made by the developers will have faded away by then.

Why are you so worried about that, Ivory Tower have already stated several times in the past they will be supporting this game for atleast a year, what happens after that nobody knows because in the end Ivory Tower is dependent of their big brother Ubisoft.

Lividdark1
11-30-2014, 08:11 PM
Personally I think that most people want this to be a kind of NFS Underground 3 and TDU3 fusion.
Huge focus on tuner cars, all the best jdms, and deep customization in each car, while bringing a good array of exotics and old muscle with engine swaps.
But the problem is that this isn't going to be like that.
You do get deep customization, but from what I've seen, there isn't many tuners, and engine swaps are a pipe dream.

ashanator
12-01-2014, 12:58 AM
This game is about cars.. If there are very few cars then the game will not he alive long.

If that list is indeed anywhere near to final then I sure wont be around for long. If a car game doesnt have a lot of cars, it doesnt matter how large the map might be it wont be around for long.

Very dissapointed of the lack of imports, Its either muscle or exotics.. If you're not a fan of them you're screwed

Senninha-75
12-01-2014, 01:26 AM
This game is about cars.. If there are very few cars then the game will not he alive long.

If that list is indeed anywhere near to final then I sure wont be around for long. If a car game doesnt have a lot of cars, it doesnt matter how large the map might be it wont be around for long.

Very dissapointed of the lack of imports, Its either muscle or exotics.. If you're not a fan of them you're screwed

You are so wrong here, this game isnt solely about cars but this game is about the driving experience with friends/strangers, this game is about driving around aimlessly for hours at an end and enjoy the driving experience just like in TDU/TDU2. If we wanted to have hundreds of cars to choose from we already got plenty of games like GT/Forza as an alternative. Why do so many people complain there arent enough cars in this game?

This game is a new IP and a game developer has to pay money towards a car manufacturer to use certain car models within their game and those prices arent cheap. Your statement that a race game needs a lot of cars to survive for a long time is your personal opinion but doesnt mean its a fact. Games like TDU/TDU2 didnt have hundreds of cars to choice from and yet even until this day a lot of people are still playing these games, TDU1 servers got shut down over 2 years ago and yet people are still playing that game in single player. By saying this game wont last long just because there arent hundreds of cars to choose is just BS and by stating this you are completely missing the essence of this game wich once again is the driving experience and having fun with friends/strangers...

dfr3sh89
12-02-2014, 12:04 AM
You are so wrong here, this game isnt solely about cars but this game is about the driving experience with friends/strangers, this game is about driving around aimlessly for hours at an end and enjoy the driving experience just like in TDU/TDU2. If we wanted to have hundreds of cars to choose from we already got plenty of games like GT/Forza as an alternative. Why do so many people complain there arent enough cars in this game?

This game is a new IP and a game developer has to pay money towards a car manufacturer to use certain car models within their game and those prices arent cheap. Your statement that a race game needs a lot of cars to survive for a long time is your personal opinion but doesnt mean its a fact. Games like TDU/TDU2 didnt have hundreds of cars to choice from and yet even until this day a lot of people are still playing these games, TDU1 servers got shut down over 2 years ago and yet people are still playing that game in single player. By saying this game wont last long just because there arent hundreds of cars to choose is just BS and by stating this you are completely missing the essence of this game wich once again is the driving experience and having fun with friends/strangers...

Whats the point in driving around and enjoy the experience if you dont like the car your in??? If you dont have a choice then what do you have?? The car list besides the trucks and some muscles is straight up cliche.... Every racing game these days has them... So there really isnt nothin new to enjoy.. Eventually you will see your own doppelgänger because theres nothin new here. Yea the customization is cool but without the car you want then whats the point?? I kno you cant have every single car ever made but i can guarantee if the took out the majority ( not all lol ) of the exotics and imports you will see a huge difference in the community n really change the racing genre... Unfortunately i dnt have the money, connects, and things like that to make my own racing game because id put all the racing games to shame.

I-Fazo-I
12-02-2014, 04:29 AM
I have to agree with dfr3sh89. i like exotic cars but tuning and customizing them doens't feel right to me. I like them the way they are.
In a game like this i would love some Honda's and Mazda's but they don't even have an Evo (or am i missing something?)
More low/class european cars would also be great.
Just started playing and i already lost alot of intrest just looking at the next car options i have.
Bunch of muscles Cars and more exotics. Most of those exotics i wanted to get much later in the game after starting out with a bunch of "normal" cars.
I

VolatileKnight
12-02-2014, 06:09 AM
Personally, I find it quite nice that there's a lot of muscle cars. Not many games really paid attention to them in the past 12 years. We had NFS Underground 1 and 2, no muscle cars there. Yeah, we had Midnight Club, and for once they didn't punish you for wanting to race in muscle cars instead of a Lamborghini, unlike NFS. This, aside from Midnight Club, is the only game that I see that won't punish me for wanting to drive a '69 Camaro instead of a fully modded, crazy Lambo. That's refreshing from my point of view. So really, this is just the opposite of what was happening a decade ago. No muscles, all about Imports and Exotics. Today? Well, it's changed a little. Once again, the devs will probably add more imports later. It's not like they are top priority. See, in NFS World, the only way you can race in a muscle car and still win from time to time, is if you have the Corvette ZR1 and have it fully tricked out, including some platinum mods, that you aren't even guaranteed getting when you purchase a pack. This game seems to be a different animal. It's really refreshing. For the first time that I've seen, there is a 67 Impala. If you want a lot of imports, go play NFSU2. Or, you can just wait until the devs put more cars in. I'd like to see an Rx7, Rx8, GTR 33 or 32, BMW E46 GTR, Supra, 3000GT, Eclipse, BRZ and a couple others I can't think of. But just because there aren't many of those around, it doesn't mean it's not a good game. That's like saying Skyrim would have been a horrible game if there were no spears, scythes, shortswords, longswords, throwing axes, throwing knives. But as we can all see, Skyrim is a great game, and I'm sure this one is too.

ashanator
12-02-2014, 08:50 AM

Yes.. The awsome driving experience with all 40 cars.. I'm not going to experience a whole lot at this rate

Would you enjoy a shooter with hardly any guns? A flight game with few aircraft? An exploration game with not much to explore?

Driving around a huge map coming across the same car over and over again is going to lose it's jazz really quickly

BA1969
12-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Personally, I find it quite nice that there's a lot of muscle cars. Not many games really paid attention to them in the past 12 years. We had NFS Underground 1 and 2, no muscle cars there. Yeah, we had Midnight Club, and for once they didn't punish you for wanting to race in muscle cars instead of a Lamborghini, unlike NFS. This, aside from Midnight Club, is the only game that I see that won't punish me for wanting to drive a '69 Camaro instead of a fully modded, crazy Lambo. That's refreshing from my point of view. So really, this is just the opposite of what was happening a decade ago. No muscles, all about Imports and Exotics. Today? Well, it's changed a little. Once again, the devs will probably add more imports later. It's not like they are top priority. See, in NFS World, the only way you can race in a muscle car and still win from time to time, is if you have the Corvette ZR1 and have it fully tricked out, including some platinum mods, that you aren't even guaranteed getting when you purchase a pack. This game seems to be a different animal. It's really refreshing. For the first time that I've seen, there is a 67 Impala. If you want a lot of imports, go play NFSU2. Or, you can just wait until the devs put more cars in. I'd like to see an Rx7, Rx8, GTR 33 or 32, BMW E46 GTR, Supra, 3000GT, Eclipse, BRZ and a couple others I can't think of. But just because there aren't many of those around, it doesn't mean it's not a good game. That's like saying Skyrim would have been a horrible game if there were no spears, scythes, shortswords, longswords, throwing axes, throwing knives. But as we can all see, Skyrim is a great game, and I'm sure this one is too.

Just a comment on the NFS remarks :) I'm not playing NFS Rivals and I was able to play the complete racer campaign so far with a muscle car. I'm in the final stage, so I'm sure I can do it with that one car. So they straightened that out. The only problem I ran into was getting up to the required heat level, that took a long time, since my muscle car has heat level 1 only, while the exotics start at 3 or 4 already. I had to play longer to get these challenges done.

Still there are too little cars in the Crew and the season pack only adds 14 cars in a period of 4 months. If you start out with only 40 and adding only 4 each month that's way too little.It would be a good idea to release more cars in a month. If they wait too long, most people who really don't like muscle cars or those who want tuners, will be long gone. They should have added more cars to get a more balanced selection of cars. I'm not going to say there are too many muscle cars, since there aren't..... there are simple too few other cars.

dfr3sh89
12-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Im still gettin the game today no matter what just to try the final build but i just hope that it doesnt drive me to the point of wantn to take it back like advanced warfare lol... ima give it a chance..and as i waitin to go to wrk i see an evo ix driver by lol irony..... ugh we need an evo at least haha

Lividdark1
12-02-2014, 03:29 PM
I seriously hope that there's going to be a patch to include 10 or more free cars each month, for the next 5-10 months.
Forty cars is not good for a racing game.
Eighty is better, but 150+ is ideal.

Red-flag-22
12-03-2014, 12:14 AM
I agree, the car list is really bad... we need more iconic cars, especialy jdm cars. Why is there some stupid MiniCooper, but the important cars are not there ? Mazda Rx-7,8, Eclipse, Evo IX, Subaru, E46 etc ...

GDudz10
12-03-2014, 05:23 PM
I saw a comment that went along the lines of "why is a stupid mini cooper in the game but no Evo?!" which...fine. But it really got me thinking, and it makes perfect sense.

Japanese cars are what "car guys" love, everything about them is ideal. Style, speed, customization, tunable. But there's nothing? I'm just lost, I was so hyped for this game but it's a let down.