PDA

View Full Version : Season Pass from third party websites

ElleCore
11-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Since Season Pass sales have been discontinued, are Season Pass keys for Uplay that are still sold by other websites still redeemable?
And would it still get me the free game from the selection Ubisoft listed if I bought it afterwards?

AntiChrist7
11-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Im in no way an official from ubisoft, but I dont think its possible, since they dont sell it themself anymore in their own shop, cause its now worthless. I guess someone from ubishop will come around and say something though eventually

Ive got a question myself: if you have bought the season pass from another site but activated it in time (a few days after release). Am i still eligible for the free game?

ps: really appreciated you guys are doing this.

Anykeyer
11-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Keys are redeemable, you would get everything included the seasoh pass but you wont get free game this way.

alasthennars
11-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Why do you think these keys will not be entitled to a free game? In the comments section of both the announcement and the FAQ, Mr_Shade actually replied many people by saying as long as both the game and the season pass are redeemed, they will be given the free game.

ElleCore
11-29-2014, 09:35 PM
you would get everything included the seasoh pass but you wont get free game this way.

I'd also like to know if this is based on something

Erfivur
11-29-2014, 09:58 PM
Keys are redeemable, you would get everything included the seasoh pass but you wont get free game this way.

Why?
Is the compensation for season pass holders or for early buyers?

I'm thinking your making an assumption here.

Anykeyer
11-30-2014, 09:19 AM
I saw that statement posted somewhere, that also mentioned nov 28.

AntiChrist7
11-30-2014, 12:47 PM
Why do you think these keys will not be entitled to a free game? In the comments section of both the announcement and the FAQ, Mr_Shade actually replied many people by saying as long as both the game and the season pass are redeemed, they will be given the free game.

ok thanks, i havent had time to look at all the comments, just wanna be sure

TR.Misterscruff
11-30-2014, 01:12 PM
Why would you get penalised because you bought it third party anyway, its like going to Marks & Spencer's for something but find it cheaper at Aldi that's exactly the same where you going to buy it ? :)

kbbw
11-30-2014, 01:25 PM
if you want to know if you can get a free game from a seasonpass key after after tthe time the announcement rolled out its a NO

check here (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-EN/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:159-186650-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32) to acctually read it 3rd Question awnser

alasthennars
11-30-2014, 06:58 PM
if you want to know if you can get a free game from a seasonpass key after after tthe time the announcement rolled out its a NO

check here (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-EN/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:159-186650-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32) to acctually read it 3rd Question awnser

The link goes to https://www.ubisoft.com/en-GB/ :D I do not think it would be possible to discriminate between people who BOUGHT the pass key after the announcement and those that redeemed it after the announcement, as many third party sites "stock" their keys buy purchasing in bulk days before. Thus, if they choose to give the free game only to those with a redeemed SP at the time of the announcement, it will probably mean more headaches for them.

EDIT: I managed to go to your link (somehow went to a flemmish FAQ) and did the translation. Apparently it says "if you PURCHASED the SP before November 26 at 18:00". As I said before, it is likely that the SP key you purchased from the third party site stocked before this date; so you might get the free game. It is a bit of a gamble, though.