PDA

View Full Version : Weird performance problems (Low and Ultra run just about the same)

ShadeCookie
11-29-2014, 11:17 AM
Hello everyone, I have a weird problem, I recently bought acu, the same time as a friend of mine, and with no surprise, I couldn't run it because of the optimisation it had.
The recent patches made me win a few frames, but it was still unplayable. I noticed yesterday that no matter wich graphical quality i play it on (from low to ultra) (antialiasing always disactivated) the performance stayed the same (or at least the gap between playing in low and in ultra was so little that i didn't notice anything) no matter what quality i'm playing at. I wouldn't be able to give a precise framerate, because i could be running at 25 frames looking in one random direction and i would get 5-10 frames when I look in another, it's very irregular... I get 60 frames only when i look up to the sky or down to the ground.

I have it runnig on a : AMD FX(tm)-8120 eight core processor (3.10Ghz)
a Geforce GTX 560 ti
with 8.00Gb of ram
all Drivers up to date

Since yesterdays patch, my friend has been running it with high quality settings perfectly fine, he's playing it on a laptop just as powerful as my computer...
We also tried changing the quality with the Nvidia control pannel, it runs even better for my mate but didn't change anything for me. It's just weird.

Also to note that the trippy mission when Arno joins the assassin's ran fluidly as hell, and the when I got back to paris it got laggy again

johnsmith145
11-29-2014, 01:05 PM
Same for me. See it on the bright side – you can run Ultra at the same FPS as Low. That's a monster game.

small2assassins
11-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Same here. Also changing resolution didn't make any difference. Filed a ticket with ubi, they replied I didn't have enough VRAM while I attached a screenshot showing that VRAM was only filled up about 800MBs. I've given up on this game for now, will maybe come to it in a few months when ubi has sorted their sh*t.

NightmareGK13
11-29-2014, 07:19 PM
Same for me. See it on the bright side – you can run Ultra at the same FPS as Low. That's a monster game.

same here and I have a 550 ti + i7 2600 3.4ghz + 8gb ram
and I have to agree with Stembroccoli :P

Zarmr
11-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Same here... 15 - 25 FPS... No matter what settings... still the same

CPU: FX-8320
GPU: R9-280X
RAM: 8 GB

ShadeCookie
11-30-2014, 10:33 PM
Same for me. See it on the bright side you can run Ultra at the same FPS as Low. That's a monster game.

Yeah I see it that way too, but it's still not playable, that's the bummer ^^

screechprime
11-30-2014, 11:46 PM
I have the same problem. AMD 6350 4gz 6-core processor, plus 2GB dual-fan graphics card (asus, I believe), and I can get 30-40FPS on the title screen, but max of around 5-8 when in game, no matter what setting I put it on

SeifSamir1
12-01-2014, 02:49 AM
Same Here

InViz0
12-01-2014, 04:23 AM
To answer all 8 of you:

You all have been texture downgraded, even though you are on ultra settings, you will notice that textures do not truly look "ultra", if they were you would notice super-fine details on the tiles and streets (more detailed than shadow of mordor ultra).

Common misconception here, but once you fellas upgrade your PCs you'll notice a huge quality jump because of the added VRAM.

With a 980 GTX the game uses all of my 4GB and it looks amazing.

wootwoots
12-01-2014, 05:34 AM
To answer all 8 of you:
You all have been texture downgraded, even though you are on ultra settings, you will notice that textures do not truly look "ultra", if they were you would notice super-fine details on the tiles and streets (more detailed than shadow of mordor ultra).
Common misconception here, but once you fellas upgrade your PCs you'll notice a huge quality jump because of the added VRAM.

Somes ppl just stop saying stupid things, and come here just to say what comp spec they have.

from
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/assassins-creed-unity-graphics-and-performance-guide#assassins-creed-unity-texture-quality

texture ultra - low
http://international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/comparisons/assassins-creed-unity/assassins-creed-unity-texture-quality-comparison-1-ultra-high-vs-low.html

http://international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/comparisons/assassins-creed-unity/assassins-creed-unity-texture-quality-comparison-1-ultra-high-vs-low.html

http://international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/comparisons/assassins-creed-unity/assassins-creed-unity-texture-quality-comparison-3-ultra-high-vs-low.html

As you can see the difference isnt that incredible and REALLY noticable like it could be with somes games.

so if ppl say they have sames perf with ultra or low.. of whatever just thruth them and go masturbate yourself on your hardware somewhere else ^^ Do have a such poor life that you need to come to a thread where ppl explain their issue, and tell what kind of "highest" hardware you have, and hope receive somes kind of.... recognition or whatever else you could search for ?
Jesus... xD

Walter_white_
12-01-2014, 06:38 AM
To answer all 8 of you:

Don't just say things because you think you're right. You don't understand how textures and VRAM works clearly. Having a higher VRAM will just allowed your GPU to store more information on it, instead of having to grab information from your RAM.

This thread just shows that the game is poorly optimized. I'm having the same "issue" if you can call it that on my gtx 670. Average 30-40 at complete lowest and the same (give or take a 5-10 frames) on maxed out (hbao+, PCSS) with AA turned.

FoxPurple
12-01-2014, 09:29 AM
I have the same thing
i5-4460 3.2 ghz
8 gb ram crucial
Gigabyte R9 270X

Runs the same, maybe like 1 or 2 fps difference between high and low..
Really really weird..

SkypherDZN
12-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Geez, and I thought I was the only one. I have the really same problem with my Unity. It is so weird not to mention that there is not really a significant decrease in texture quality when changing from ultra to low. Is this another watch dogs or what? 4 years of development and then this...

ShadeCookie
12-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Is there going to be a patch focusing on the game's framerate soon? Or an Nvidia optimisation for the game or something. Cuz it's all nice and good to take care of bugs and clipping when half the pc owners of the game can't decently run it or run it at all... And I don't fancy waisting my money on a slightly better graphics card when it's just the game thats runs like crap (looking at you InViz0 (no offense :) ))