PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] For the love of god, fix the Bellec fight.

Virbliz
11-29-2014, 09:31 AM
I've seen a few other players with this problem, during the Bellec fight, you can break your keyboard and not win the fight. You can button mash as much as humanly possible, then Bellec kills you anyway. I have tried restarting the memory, changing key bindings, changing graphics. Any advice for fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated. I have literally never had a problem progressing through a story line in any video game until playing AC: Unity. Ever.

wykedinsanity
11-29-2014, 09:36 AM
yep im stuuckk there as well kinda fristrating..in a forever loop it seems i dont die and knock him on his knees near dead instead of through the doot...i looked on yyoutube...

legadrieclya
11-29-2014, 11:53 AM
yep same here. still stuck. i'm not gonna touch this game until this is fixed.

similarly
11-29-2014, 01:52 PM
On another thread, someone advised not only pressing the button we're prompted to press (E for pc users), but to also move forward and sometimes diagonally. So button-mashed E and also pressed W and sometimes A or D. I got past the loop easily. There are two or three more grappling sessions and I got past them all, even though I was stuck initially on the first one until I followed the advice.

Now, some people have reported that this does not work for them, however, it worked for me, so I hope it will also work for someone else. Good luck!

TRS.SilencE
11-29-2014, 04:01 PM
At the time i had to fight Bellec i was so overpowered it took 1-2 hits to skip to the next 'part' and DO NOT try to stretch the fight just bash his skull in.

In the last part of the fight he threw some smoke bombs and just air-assassinated me... in the middle of a room (WTF?!)

So just keep pressing 'forward' and whichever 'mash buttons' it tells you to, i was kinda dissapointed how short the fight was....

blohmkin175
11-29-2014, 10:25 PM
lol that's silly, maybe you have super shredder bellec.

Afflictio.on
11-29-2014, 11:59 PM
For those who are stucked there they can use cheat engine 4.2 to unstuck, i've done the same

MasaIV
11-30-2014, 02:04 AM
How about not posting possible spoilers in the thread title? Moderators?

See an earlier thread on the same topic with a proper title. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/960599-ACU-Gameplay-SPOILER-Impossible-Button-Mashing-Sequence)

YazX_
11-30-2014, 11:52 AM
How about not posting possible spoilers in the thread title? Moderators?

See an earlier thread on the same topic with a proper title. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/960599-ACU-Gameplay-SPOILER-Impossible-Button-Mashing-Sequence)

indeed, thread title updated, to OP please add [SPOILERS] for any tiny possible spoilers that the thread might contain next time.

cdeepanjan
01-02-2015, 06:31 PM
For those who are stucked there they can use cheat engine 4.2 to unstuck, i've done the same

Hey I use cheat engine, but how to use that in the bellec fight? Please reply as I am totally stuck

seville57
01-03-2015, 09:56 AM
I'm also stuck in the fight with Bellec and don't know if I gonna use Cheat Engine.

They better test their game, so things works as it should, this game should have the title "BOTY", Bugs Of The Year.

I hope they fix this bug in the next patch.

TH3R4BB1T
01-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Lol, then I got lucky beating him in just one try, but you need reflexes to hit the right buttons.

cdeepanjan
01-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Lol, then I got lucky beating him in just one try, but you need reflexes to hit the right buttons.

I am 100% sure that ain't anything with my reflexes bro, I am nearly breaking my keyboard everyday trying. Someone mentioned using cheat engine can help, but not sure how

cdeepanjan
01-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Hey guys finally I found a way out of this.
Yes, you can use cheat engine's SPEEDHACK (set it 0.3) to easily defeat BELLEC

dogamongkorn
01-28-2015, 10:43 PM
Hey guys finally I found a way out of this.
Yes, you can use cheat engine's SPEEDHACK (set it 0.3) to easily defeat BELLEC

I can confirm that the SPEEDHACK with CheatEngine works! I had to set my speed to 0.2, but it worked!

1. Download/Install Cheat Engine
2. Open Cheat Engine
3. Open ACU
4. Start Sequence 7 Memory 3, when you get to the "fight scene" pause game
5. Alt-Tab to Cheat Engine
6. File > Open Process, Choose ACU.EXE, click OPEN
7. On far right of Cheat Engine window, there are two checkboxes. One is labeled Enable Speedhack (check that box!)
8. Once box is checked, the "Speed" value dialog box is available. Default setting is 1.0, change setting to 0.3, or 0.2 and click APPLY.
9. ACU will now "lag" terribly, but that is the point
10. Mash "B" or "E" uncontrollably and you will eventually get past the sequence

**NOTE** There are 3 or 4 (can't remember) sequences that require the 'spamming' of the B or E key to get past each mini sequence.
Even with this "fix" running, I failed a couple times, but eventually completed the memory

** Additional Note! **
I'd recommend setting the speed back to 1.0 after the button mashing sequences, otherwise the fighting and video clips are awfully slow, cumbersome and mildly annoying.

Enjoy!

tcarlisle2012
01-28-2015, 11:50 PM
Guys, have you considered that perhaps this is not a bug? I recall that mission and don't remember having problems. Yes it is difficult. Might even be impossible if your character doesn't have enough skills/weapons/armor. Please don't pressure Ubisoft to not make games challenging. It is bad enough that you get killed and just start from the last checkpoint. I get that is how modern games work because the new generation demand instant gratification and such. Do you think assassins in real life get a do over? Put the cheats away and stop assuming everything is a bug. I promise you will enjoy it.

I'd vote for having difficulty levels. Easy for the people that just want to blow through the game, Normal for a higher level of challenge but still bringing you back to life when you die, and Veteran where once you die it is game over dude.

calranthe
01-29-2015, 12:02 AM
I had spent time improving my character and getting good equipment before the fight, I had one of the better pistols and just shot him twice each time and it was done.

dogamongkorn
01-29-2015, 12:15 AM
Guys, have you considered that perhaps this is not a bug? I recall that mission and don't remember having problems. Yes it is difficult. Might even be impossible if your character doesn't have enough skills/weapons/armor. Please don't pressure Ubisoft to not make games challenging. It is bad enough that you get killed and just start from the last checkpoint. I get that is how modern games work because the new generation demand instant gratification and such. Do you think assassins in real life get a do over? Put the cheats away and stop assuming everything is a bug. I promise you will enjoy it.

I'd vote for having difficulty levels. Easy for the people that just want to blow through the game, Normal for a higher level of challenge but still bringing you back to life when you die, and Veteran where once you die it is game over dude.

It seems that the ppl who are having this issue are not having a problem fighting Bellec, they are having an issue with their keystrokes not being recognized during the "button mashing" sequences. I have seen a ton of people stating that they did not run into the issue at all, so in my mind, it is either an incompatibility with that particular PC, console, user...and not necessarily a bug. Bugs typically affect ALL users.

Only reason I offered the instructions on using Cheat Engine is so ppl like me who have literally tried every avenue available to get past this sequence the opportunity to see and play the rest of the story.

wvstolzing
01-29-2015, 12:16 AM
Ridiculous quicktime events that don't even work properly.

At least ACU's 'final confrontation' isn't a quicktime event. (You know what I'm alluding to, here. :rolleyes:)

AcidBurnRug
01-29-2015, 02:15 PM
I have this same annoying bug and want it fixed because if it is not fixed i am going to try and get my money back for what has been the worst assassin's creed game yet. The game was very good except for the fact that the framerate i and many others get on this game on good cards is crap coupled with the fact that it crashes every half an hour. Personally i want my money back for this game as it is pretty much unplayable, and to be quite frank rushed crap. Next time when assassin's creed victory comes out i am not going to get it until way after it is patched a million times, and other people who are frustrated as they bought the unfinished game when it came out say it is good.

APr3tender
01-29-2015, 03:28 PM
I had this problem and I promise it's not always a finger or gear issue.. I tried it 20 or so times, and in two very specific places it didn't accept all of my keystrokes. Belled would start pushing back and if I missed again the final push back was in-winnable. I even tried the electric toothbrush method (old school). Finally I did some research, and saw people having success with graphics settings. I changed to 4:3 aspect ratio, vsync off, and low graphics settings. Bam! Worked with my fingers first try. Had to go back later to get the challenges in the name of 100% completion, and same problem (new video card too). Changed the settings again, and first pass straight through.

stano32
01-31-2015, 05:22 PM
I have tried to match the button pressing with the desplay, and just speed mashing, no effect with either . After trying for many times ,with the first two fights,it worked right off the bat. Can not get through the third scene through .?.....

Jackeloko
02-04-2015, 11:07 PM
Change the aspect ratio to anything smaller than your current one (I'd recommend 4:3), the game should run smoother and you should be able to get past the "E" Button mashing. ;)

Edit: Nevermind, APr3tender already figured that one out before me.

wvstolzing
02-06-2015, 04:18 AM
Change the aspect ratio to anything smaller than your current one (I'd recommend 4:3)

I think you both meant to say 'resolution', rather than 'aspect ratio'. The latter is, well, just the 'ratio' of horizontal to vertical lines. You're changing the *resolution* at which the game runs, so that the framerate improves, so that the bloody button works as intended.

lihan1
04-27-2019, 09:24 PM
Well, it's currently 2019 at the time of writing this. I have tried moving in multipile directions, but it's still not working.