PDA

View Full Version : In Game Pop Up Screens

DraconisLupus
11-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Anyone else wonder how they didn't get massively negative testing reviews of the in game pop up screens being over the storyline screens?

Just to make sure that I said it right I'm talking about the pop up screens for things like the companion app and crowd events and the other automated poo up screens that came up with the Nostradamus missions popping up over the riddle for the mission or other side mission information screens. This makes you have to wait for them to go away before you can even start the mission because you can't read the riddle or mission info.

It's not a broken thing it's just sucks that you have to sit and wait for the screen that tells you that you have started a Nostadamus mission right after hitting the button to start the Nostradamus mission to go away to even read the riddle for the Nostradamus mission. Or if your timing sucks like mine you theatre income drops just as you hit the mission start button. I think these would have been better off see through at the top is bottom of the screen. Heck see through over the other screen would be an improvement.

rob1990312
11-28-2014, 06:11 PM
i noticed this with the murder mysteries, there is a way to disable them in the settings

DraconisLupus
11-28-2014, 06:17 PM
i noticed this with the murder mysteries, there is a way to disable them in the settings

Really? I'll have to look for that. Thanks.

I noticed it in those to. Annoying.

rob1990312
11-28-2014, 06:19 PM
its somewhere in the hud settings i think

DeanOMiite
11-28-2014, 06:46 PM
I haven't done it in this game yet, but you can disable all of those HUD elements, I'm sure. At least, you could in Black Flag. For whatever reason it doesn't bother me in this game. It SHOULD...but it doesn't. As for the riddles when you start a Nostradamus puzzle, I prefer the riddle stay up so that I can keep reading it!

DraconisLupus
11-28-2014, 06:55 PM
I haven't done it in this game yet, but you can disable all of those HUD elements, I'm sure. At least, you could in Black Flag. For whatever reason it doesn't bother me in this game. It SHOULD...but it doesn't. As for the riddles when you start a Nostradamus puzzle, I prefer the riddle stay up so that I can keep reading it!

I wanted them up as long as possible too. 1. To help solve it. And 2. Because getting it back up was impossible. You had to fight to find it to read it again after it went down let alone get it to display.

My problem is that the auto pop ups, apparently past of the HUD that can be disabled, come up right over the top of the riddle so you have to wait to even read the riddle the first time.

DeanOMiite
11-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Very true Draconis. One criticism I've always had about Ubisoft is their menu systems are typically brutal, and to bring up the riddle again it's like 8 items down, into the database, then two or three more clicks to get to the riddle. It's not the worst thing in the world, but I wish it was a little more simplified. Less is more Ubisoft, LESS IS MORE!

That being said...LOVE the Nostradamus riddles. I'm doing them without using any guides/walkthroughs, SO much fun, forces me to really explore and learn the city, and actually read the database entries. The city is always my favorite part of any AC game and the riddles give me a chance to explore more of it.