PDA

View Full Version : pretty trees

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 11:18 PM
i've always wanted to enable those little trees that come with excellent and perfect landscape settings, but i need the extra juice that comes with lower landscapes. is there any way at all to enable the scenic trees and shrubs while still staying at low landscape settings? i know it's a long shot but it would be really sweet to have em

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 11:18 PM
i've always wanted to enable those little trees that come with excellent and perfect landscape settings, but i need the extra juice that comes with lower landscapes. is there any way at all to enable the scenic trees and shrubs while still staying at low landscape settings? i know it's a long shot but it would be really sweet to have em

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 11:27 PM
Timmothias wrote:
- i've always wanted to enable those little trees that
- come with excellent and perfect landscape settings,
- but i need the extra juice that comes with lower
- landscapes. is there any way at all to enable the
- scenic trees and shrubs while still staying at low
- landscape settings? i know it's a long shot but it
- would be really sweet to have em
-
-

I can only joyride, and do 1 on 1 dogfights in QMB with those settings. However, I have noticed that during a fight, the only real graphics that I pay any attention to are the planes, and the clouds . . . oh yeah, and how close the ugly ground is to me. I fear our answer will only come with better hardware, Timmothias. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

http://www.uploadit.org/files/010903-nedChristie.jpg

Tsalagi Asgaya Equa!

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 11:36 PM
yea i like to joyride on excellent too, but then i just get depressed that i can't handle those kind of settings with other planes shooting at me. i bet when half life 2 comes out, i'll be crying myself to sleep thinking about how it could look http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-14-2003, 12:51 AM
You need some therapy and a feel good factor..... ok i suggest the following, get hold of one of those all in one tv remotes, go down to your local tv shop of an evening and swap channels and turn the volume up on all of the ones they leave on at night as a demo, we used to come out of the pub flick on the footie and crank up the volume till its speakers were banging on the glass and watch the match /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif worked wonders for me......or was it the alcohol?

sorry i wish i could help with the graphics but you might be able to turn up the landscape and turn off / down the lighting, clouds etc /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif that could do it

XyZspineZyX
09-14-2003, 02:15 AM
Yea, i saw the nice gently flowing trees- for about 2 minutes! 20 fps drop! And think about it, unless you`re gonna sit under the trees in your plane having a picnic it`s useless. When you`re flying, even low you`re not going to notice the effect.

It`s just not worth it, there`s simply not enough to see for the FPS loss! Stay with good or excellent which is fine anyway. The Perfect setting really is pointless eye candy!!

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

XyZspineZyX
09-14-2003, 06:53 AM
Had to EDIT this cos I made a mistake in testing. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Below is my manual settings...far lower quality than FB grafix setting menu allows.

under [Direct X] or [OpenGL] whichever you use...

TexQual=0...try this and double framerate for low end grafix
:
:
:blah blah blah...
:
:
;
HardwareShaders=0

Shadows=1
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=0
DynamicalLights=0
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=1
Forest=0 .........not 2 I made a testing mistake
LandShading=2
LandDetails=0

LandGeom=0
TexLarge=0
TexLandQual=0
TexLandLarge=0

VideoSetupId=4
:
:
:

Forget the FB menu. Customize terrain grafix yourself. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Message Edited on 09/14/0307:18AM by LEXX_Luthor

XyZspineZyX
09-14-2003, 06:58 AM
the tyranny of our computers! I know were you are coming from. Mess with the Setup a bit/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

The Young Lions in the Forest suffer and lack, But thoser who know the Lord Shall not want of any good thing. Keep your tongue from Evil and your lips from speaking deciet. Depart from evil, do good and pursue it!

>Psalms

XyZspineZyX
09-14-2003, 07:21 AM
Also, make a direct shortcut to "conf" file so you can get to it easy with WordPad or NotePad every time you exit FB.

Reason being is FB reads "conf" when it starts and you must stop FB and start it again for it to read "conf."

Changing grafix settings in FB menu will overwrite any "conf" changes you make yourself.

XyZspineZyX
09-14-2003, 07:42 AM
Slightly OT but LEXX_Luthor, do you know the conf line for high terrain visibility (like in perfect) without perfect water?

XyZspineZyX
09-14-2003, 08:09 AM
I just screwed up bad. I had Forest=2 the whole time I was fiddling earlier and I didn't even know it.

Forest=1 or 2 to get pretty trees. And its too much of a frame rate hit. Sorry. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-14-2003, 08:12 AM
-- Very On Topic but LEXX_Luthor, do you know the conf
-- line for high terrain visibility (like in perfect) without perfect water?

The max numbers are usually 2 or 3. I just turn them all the ground grafix to Zero. If you can handle better, start playing around. My exception is LandShading=2 (maximum) cos that gives the brilliant shiny sparkling sun and it doesn't cost much framerate. The nice thing is the visibility distance is independent of forest terrain grafix.

....Sorry about earlier, LandGeom does NOT affect little trees. :|

Message Edited on 09/14/0307:16AM by LEXX_Luthor

XyZspineZyX
09-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Timmothias wrote:
- i've always wanted to enable those little trees that
- come with excellent and perfect landscape settings,
- but i need the extra juice that comes with lower
- landscapes. is there any way at all to enable the
- scenic trees and shrubs while still staying at low
- landscape settings? i know it's a long shot but it
- would be really sweet to have em
-
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It would bee interresting to see what they would look like with texture size reduced to half. When flying u still wont see details.

Wish we had more chooseable treetypes (easy to make)
and individual exellent trees too.

Dont want to complain but most placeable trees are blending in with ground too much ( u could as well just remove them)