PDA

View Full Version : What are your FAVORITE things from the AC games?

similarly
11-28-2014, 04:09 PM
I think it would be interesting to know what people liked BEST in each AC game. So far, I've played AC3 (and dlc), AC Liberation, ACIV, Freedom Cry and now Unity. Here are things I loved about each.

AC3
I think AC3 had the best merchant system. It was very well-integrated into the gameplay. You save people and do favors for pioneers and then come live near you. This gives you access to resources and craftspeople you can use to make things you can sell. You can then buy or build ships and wagons to take your merchandise. Doing missions on the frontier makes it safer to ship goods, and doing naval missions makes it safer to send things by sea. Plus, you could really see the town grow and get to know the neighbors. I enjoyed building a town.

Minor things:
- the tomahawk
- riding a horse
- lock picking (annoying at first, but once I figured it out, I really liked it. I felt like I was really picking those locks).
- liberating forts
- the underground

AC Liberation
I loved the LOOK and visual presentation of the merchant system. It lacked the depth and complexity of AC3, but I enjoyed watching the little ships sailing around the maps. I connected better to my ships.

I loved the way the PERSONAS were used and how they gave different strengths and weaknesses to the character. I liked how, as a slave, you could pick up a box and blend in, and how as the lady, you could charm your way past guards or kill them with your blow-dart umbrella. I wish we could see more of this, or see outfits used as disguises.

Minor things:
- take a small boat places

BLACK FLAG (and Freedom Cry)
I liked how the merchant system had "missions". I connected with them more. I also loved how I could take a ship and send it to my fleet.

I loved upgrading the jackdaw, and I loved the ship combat. I had so much fun with that. I liked that there were a range of ships, so that early on in the game, you could make money hitting little ships. I loved how by the end, I felt like I was the master of the sea!

I also liked building up the pirate town by supporting local businesses. It didn't have the depth of AC3's town, but I still enjoyed it.

I think the cabin on the Jackdaw was handled very well, being able to do repairs, change outfits or manage the fleet.

Minor Things
- dual swords and four pistols. Loved it.
- plantation missions
- hunting and crafting
- Black Flag, I felt, had the best costumes
- diving missions
- overall variety
- plantation missions (and slave ships in FC)

UNITY
I think Unity has the best city environments. I love how there are SO many places you can go into and pass through. I love the variety in the city. I love how the city has different difficulties in different areas.

I've come to really love the level system, and how you can level up equipment.

Unity all has, I think, the best equipment system in regards to special abilities. I like how each weapon and each item of clothing has an effect on different things, like special abilities, health, stealth, and so on.

Mission variety! I love the fact that they kept eavesdropping to a minimum. I like stopping the street criminals. I'm looking forward to the murder mysteries. There's a LOT to do.

TACTICS. I've used more tactics in Unity than all the other games combined. I've used more stealth, more ledge-kills and drop kills and berserk effects than all the other games combined. I've spent a lot more time hugging walls and crouching. I like how some areas are crawling with bad guys and you have to think about how you're going to clear it out.

Coop! Thank you, Ubisoft. I'm a person who does not normally like playing games with others. I typically don't even touch multiplayer even on games where people insist that's the only reason to buy the game. But I've had really positive experiences in Coop and have really appreciated the really great people who've shared coop missions with me. I've had a really good time.

Minor Things:
- Muskets! Finally!
- The cafes
- blending into the crowds
- the disguise skill!

Overall, I'd say Unity may turn out to be my favorite. I just like the pace of the game.

So what do you think are the most positive aspects of the AC games?

Lignjoslav
11-28-2014, 05:43 PM
You really need to play the first 2-3 games from the series.

The first one probably had the best storytelling, with two stories told side by side, with everything explained so that it makes perfect sense (almost, one or two blanks were left for AC II to fill in). I would tell the story to non gamers and they'd go "That's sooo interesting! Any chance that it would run on my PC?!" Also, visual design was great and so was the atmosphere. It had the best bad guys, by far! It also had "the kingdom", that is the land between the cities, something the next 3 games between AC and ACIII lacked. Smaller than the AC III wilderness, it was still a beautiful rendition of the middle east of the day, with picturesque towns, ancient ruins, different armies all shouting at you in their own tongues... On the minus side, the game mechanics was not as rich as in the later games, but it was interesting enough, especially with the story, to make you push forward.

AC II is in the opinion of many, the best game in the series. It filled the few blanks in the story left by the first part and introduced almost all of the mechanics that we now have. It takes place in 5 cities in renaissance Italy, which are portrayed beautifully and fairly faithfully, and the same goes for the story which fits perfectly into accurate historic data.

Brotherhood didn't have that good a story as the previous games, but it took place in Rome, which was the largest city portrayed in the series so far, and it also had by far the best side missions (where, for instance, you got to play with Leonardo da Vinci's legendary inventions), as well as, IMO, the best, most polished mechanics in the series.

Revelations are not my favourite, but it's worth checking out just for the fact that it takes place in Istanbul.

EDIT: Personas from /liberation were brilliant. It was something I had thought about since the original game I really thought that it was great addition to Liberations and something that would be carried on to the next big AC (but, alas; well, at least there's disguise).

Fatal-Feit
11-28-2014, 06:29 PM
You really need to play the first 2-3 games from the series.

Eh, I would recommend Revelations, but definitely not 2 or Brotherhood. Their stories are lacking, especially in the antagonist and philosophy department. Play them for the setting, if anything. Oh, and I highly recommend AC:1. If you can look past its tedious level designs, you have yourself a rare gem in gaming.

Anyway,

I love the implementation of interiors in AC:U. Getting in can be rather wonky, but the concept itself should NOT be removed. It adds an entire new layer to the stealth and navigation system. Almost as much as tree climbing. Some would argue that it's a little too late, but better late than never. :p

Kernel.Fender
11-28-2014, 06:41 PM
I loved brotherhood just because it was fun to play ac2 was also great in fact ezio was a great game character I was miffed when we lost his rapport his take on the world around him especially his relationship with Leonardo I agree that revelations was also very good as was ac3 I even enjoyed black flag even if it sort of signed off the rest of the characters. ac1 was fun too true the levels were tedious but we put up with that expecting better things AC unity looks pretty graphics are great that's true but the story is soft and far to short no depth at all I really don't cars about Arno that much or his friends but I did with ezio Connor and Edward there was a definite connection.
Altair had his master
Ezio had Leo
Connor had the old man
Edward had Blackbeard
Arno really had no one that I care for
in answer to your question
Crossbow
counter kill
throwing knifes
picking up weapons

similarly
11-29-2014, 01:09 AM
I bought AC 2 and AC Brotherhood. I'll be playing them later on. I hope also to get AC Revelations.

tiagotomate
11-29-2014, 03:17 AM
Daggers !

Packofcrows
11-29-2014, 08:25 AM
Storyline from 1-3. Loved storyline!

ACU I love graphics, makes it so enchanting.

I have all but rogue. Im quitting now because of the freemium p2p update in AC4 and ACU. The whole helix crap made me mad.

strigoi1958
11-29-2014, 12:53 PM
everything about ACR, AC3 and AC4 especially the sailing (I don't want to go OT but I would have liked multiplayer sea battles against huge convoys with elite warships)

TheOnlySirAcid
11-29-2014, 01:04 PM
Multiple save slots. GOD, I love those things. It's so nice to be able to restart when you wish to. AC:U does it best, the way it - HEY! This game doesn't have that AT ALL!

xxLiGmAbOfAxx
12-01-2014, 03:17 AM
i know i'm in the minority, but i love the precursor stuff and modern day. i really wish they would make a full game dedicated to the first civ time. Play as adam or eve and show how they made humans and the fight between them. explore the first solar flare and how they worked together to rebuild.

Altair1789
12-01-2014, 03:42 AM
Daggers !

Rest in peace daggers. Assassin's Creed 1 - Assassin's Creed 3.

AC1: I liked the setting. I'm middle eastern, so the setting was really fun to me. It was my first open world game, I loved the story, it got me into the series.
AC2: I loved the hidden gun and the dual hidden blades. The game had a long storyline, while not THAT good, it was definitely better than Unity's.
ACB: The story was ok, Rome was awesome, but I definitely loved the da Vinci machine missions. Using a 15th/16th century tank was really fun to me.
ACR: I loved being in Istanbul. I'm half Turkish, so the game really stood out to me. Suleiman and Yusuf were really cool characters. Since Suleiman was a real historical figure, he was more interesting to see in the game though. I also loved playing as Alta´r. That was a very interesting addition to the game.
AC3: I liked all the newly introduced mechanics, I liked Connor, Achilles, I really liked Mister Faulkner, and I liked the American Revolution. In my opinion, AC3 had the best script and best storyline. I really liked Connor's diction.
AC4: The sailing was very fun. I thought the modern day was better than nothing at all, but I missed the traditional modern day storylines.
AC Unity: The graphics and landmarks were nice, I really liked the mission as Jacques de Molay's friend, and that made me excited for what was to come, but sadly, I was let down. I disliked the story, the skill point mechanic, the customization, and the modern day. I hope the next game has us playing as 1 modern day character using the animus, no more customization, or skill points. I'd like to see co op stay, I find co op very fun.

My hopes for the next game are either a game with Connor made by mostly the same team who made AC3, or a game that isn't in the 18th century. I think 5 major 18th century games in the last 2 years are enough. And again, no customization, no skill points, and a REAL modern day.

EDIT: Oh and another thing, I want throwing knives back

Fatal-Feit
12-01-2014, 05:33 AM
My hopes for the next game are either a game with Connor made by mostly the same team who made AC3, or a game that isn't in the 18th century. I think 5 major 18th century games in the last 2 years are enough. And again, no customization, no skill points, and a REAL modern day.

My new BFF.

Why you no console forum? You should join the discussions on the console forums.

playlisting
12-01-2014, 06:33 AM
I really like the videos of the assassination targets in AC 2. They let you get to know your target before you stick that blade in their back. Made it a bit more personal. Another thing is the database entries. While the Assassin's Creed games aren't truly historically accurate, they do have the facts within the database which is nice to read as I like learning about history. Also the way they design the UI to make it feel like you're really in the Animus.

PricklyBlitz
12-01-2014, 07:05 AM
I miss being a badass honestly I like the new combat system in unity but they could have pushed it farther the fact that arno cant fight with his fist is dumb...every human in history can fight with their fist a trained assassin can fight better same goes with the hidden blade taking that combat away was a step backwards...also not gunna lie I miss the hook blade being able to hook enemies and throw them was such a step in the right direction for originality and smart design for the double blade...the phatom blade is basically a crossbow Ezio had a cross bow, poisen darts, a pistol in his hidden blade, and a poisen blade.

Altair1789
12-01-2014, 09:07 PM
My new BFF.

Why you no console forum? You should join the discussions on the console forums.

I actually don't really know why I don't go on the console forums. I guess I'll start to every now and then :)