PDA

View Full Version : Unity, Initiates & Companion App All Broken At The Same Time. Beauty.

RivereyesGR
11-28-2014, 01:57 PM
It's amazing how even if you attempt to somehow appease that feeling of being a tremendous idiot for pre-purchasing the Guillotine Edition (a really beautiful CE for a completely broken game) and spend some time with Initiates or even the Companion app, to get a small taste of the Paris adventure, even they are not working, not syncing, deleting data, going back and forth, behaving as erratically as possible.

Raising tickets with support provides the usual canned replies (no hard feelings for the poor support engineers, it's not their fault, anyhow) and it deeply saddens and disappoints me that Ubisoft has this sort of attitude towards it's loyal customer base.

Will I ever pre-order a Ubisoft title again? Maybe, if the non-gaming goodies included are super awesome and beautiful, because after Watch Dogs and now Unity, I know now that their games are unplayable until after about 6-7 months after launch. The ideal time frame to pick them up at discounted prices and have a blast.

I would have loved for all of my excitement to not turn to ashes in my mouth, but this is apparently Ubisoft's plan for us.

Bravo.

EA suddenly looks decent. Amazing, eh?

mmac900
11-28-2014, 02:00 PM
It's amazing how even if you attempt to somehow appease that feeling of being a tremendous idiot for pre-purchasing the Guillotine Edition (a really beautiful CE for a completely broken game) and spend some time with Initiates or even the Companion app, to get a small taste of the Paris adventure, even they are not working, not syncing, deleting data, going back and forth, behaving as erratically as possible.

Raising tickets with support provides the usual canned replies (no hard feelings for the poor support engineers, it's not their fault, anyhow) and it deeply saddens and disappoints me that Ubisoft has this sort of attitude towards it's loyal customer base.

Will I ever pre-order a Ubisoft title again? Maybe, if the non-gaming goodies included are super awesome and beautiful, because after Watch Dogs and now Unity, I know now that their games are unplayable until after about 6-7 months after launch. The ideal time frame to pick them up at discounted prices and have a blast.

I would have loved for all of my excitement to not turn to ashes in my mouth, but this is apparently Ubisoft's plan for us.

Bravo.

This is why you should never pre-order, from any company.

RivereyesGR
11-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Even though I know what you say stands to reason, I have a terrible weak spot for physical goods that enhance the illusion that the game world is a real world. Having said that, I fully encourage any logical, cognizant gamer out there to indeed never pre-order, unless a company has a FLAWLESS track record and even then, with extreme caution. If this was a normal edition pre-order, I would have cancelled when I read the first comments regarding the game. It's funny, I think that when the game is finally playable around mid February, I will not even be able to believe that I'm actually not staring at promo artwork but actually PLAYING it.

For the record, I would much rather have waited until May of 2015 and gotten a proper game, than being an unwilling, 150E alpha tester.

LadyGamer85
11-28-2014, 02:09 PM

Bravo.

Welcome to ubisoft.

fenris19892
11-28-2014, 05:12 PM
I find the complaints funny since initiates is back up :P

Numbtoyou
11-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Initiates is up for who? It worked for me at first, then I got the reset at level 1 issue, now I get absolutely nothing. Not even a level 1. Just the framework being completely blank.

fenris19892
11-28-2014, 11:08 PM
Initiates is up for who? It worked for me at first, then I got the reset at level 1 issue, now I get absolutely nothing. Not even a level 1. Just the framework being completely blank.

welp now i do for some reason initiates is in and out,iidk if ubisoft is having problems or what

RoseSolane
11-28-2014, 11:42 PM
It seems completely random if any of these systems is up and if they are synchronised. Yesterday AC Initiates finally started to show some of my other games and today I can't even open it. Ubisoft has severe issues with all Unity related stuff, including the base game. Which, when it works, is a great game.

fenris19892
11-28-2014, 11:44 PM
It seems completely random if any of these systems is up and if they are synchronised. Yesterday AC Initiates finally started to show some of my other games and today I can't even open it. Ubisoft has severe issues with all Unity related stuff, including the base game. Which, when it works, is a great game.

Indeed,granted day one there were severe bugs and glitches but on my end there has been significant improvement since then.

machine4578
11-29-2014, 02:12 AM
I find the complaints funny since initiates is back up :P

funny huh?? well what about the pos glitched companion app mentioned?
why dont you start a new game?? oh wait, there isnt even that option in game!! LOL.. ok so delete your save, and try to get 100% sync? you cant because the companion app wont re-sync or unlock the rewards\chests on a new game(and btw you cant start over the app either)

Robbie_333
11-29-2014, 01:47 PM

Bravo.

I started to think I was simply cursed as a lot of forums seem to indicate things are running in tandem and here I was sat with all three (base, companion, initiates) all non-functional. I feel really foolish for buying the game, it seems you're more forgiving and willing to think about future pre-orders but I won't touch Ubisofts products until they are 6+ in and going for 5-10. This was the final nail in the coffin for me - Ubisoft really need a renewed impetus, I can think of no other solution that a complete overhaul of their management structure.