PDA

View Full Version : How would you rank the Ac titles?

hapkidolaurent
11-28-2014, 01:25 PM
I would like to know what your favourite Assassins Creed game is and maybe why (if you have the time otherwhise you can only left the ranking)
And please do not fight in the comments, and dont do global opinion but your own :)
For me it would be

1.AC3 -because for me this was the most complete title. It had new mechanics, fresh setting (with snow, hunting, tree climbing) I loved the main character but also the all those side characters.

2.AC Brotherhood -Im really fighting between AC 2 and AC Brotherhood. I choose Brotherhood because I loved the (even if it was super easy) the combo kills. Holy crap you were like batman with guns and blades :D I loved the new riding mechanics and the new weapons as well.

3.AC2- it was a giant leap to the first Assassins creed game. With new mechanics and wonderfull graphics and a really interesting story.

4.AC1 -I was hyped by the day I read it in a magazine. This game was a milestone for me in games, not in terms of gameplay but in terms of the Idea. It was fresh, interactive and had a catchy story.

5.AC Revelations. I was disapointed about the game, not because it was bad but because it was another Ezio part. Though I liked that you were able to see the end of Altair and that Ezio finally found his peace (in embers I believe).

6. AC4 Blackflag -okay I know a lot of people love AC4 but for me it wasnt a forfilling experience. It had not really new things. I didnt like this piece of **** called Edward Kennway who thought everyone should lick his boots. For me it was an arrogant ***** and I played it only because of the story. But hell I love the shantys.

7. AC Rogue -hmm cant tell much about that. Im pretty neutral with this game. Had an interesting story (which was way too short) did like the character though. But otherwhise it was nothing else than a DLC

8.Oh and there was Assassins creed liberation ... well it was okay, for a try on the PSvita why not.

9.mobile games. they were a nice addition to the rest. Played the one for the cellphone for the DS and for the PSP. Yeah Im kinda addicted to the series :P

EDIT: I will not rank Unity because for me it isnt a finished game, so Im not ranking Beta products. Thanks for your understanding.
Now its up to you :)

Jackdaw951
11-28-2014, 02:37 PM
(1) 4: Black Flag
(2) 2
(3) Brotherhood
(4) Unity
(5) 1
(6) Revelations

Unknown: 3, Rogue

Shahkulu101
11-28-2014, 02:54 PM
AC4: Simply the most fun game to date, with beautiful open seas, wonderful sea shanties and a fantastic narrative that hooked me on Edwards story. Edward is my favorite protagonist.

ACB: My first AC game so holds sentimental value. Had a blast with the side activities and loved Rome.

ACU: Stunning city, thrilling assassination missions and for the first time ever highly revamped core mechanics. They weren't as good as I'd like them to be but Unity is a fantastic game to build on in terms of design.

AC2: While the story isn't complex and doesn't really have anything interesting to say, I was still invested in Ezio's journey through Italy. Enjoyable tombs and beautiful cities to boot. Adore the ambient music.

ACR: Good ol' Ezio trilogy mechanics and a great conclusion to the story of a legend. Absolutely beautiful ambient music. The ending gets me every time. A complete lack of side activities and over familiar gameplay pegs this one down a little.

AC3: A good story with presentation problems and highly linear - AC3 I didn't particularly enjoy. I loved the protagonist and the Frontier however, and while the narrative had it's problems I loved Connor's story and how the Patriots were held to scrutiny instead of praised like Gods as in American schools.

AC1: Had I played it before all the other titles my opinion may have differed, but AC1 is tremendously boring and repetitive to me. Very compelling narrative and dialogue however.

I have yet to play Rogue.

RinoTheBouncer
11-28-2014, 03:03 PM
ACII

AC:R

AC:B

ACIII

ACI

ACIV

AC:U

AC:Ro

AC:L

I would’ve written why, but I honestly feel so lazy since I’ve written that a trillion times on other threads hehe. But I can tell you that there are no games that I hate, just most and least favorites and that I love Ezio’s trilogy the most cause it offered a great protagonist, great story, great modern day story progress, first civ. encounters, rifts, glyphs, conspiracy theories...etc. It was all in all just phenomenal.

hapkidolaurent
11-28-2014, 03:10 PM
ACII

AC:R

AC:B

ACIII

ACI

ACIV

AC:U

AC:Ro

AC:L

I would’ve written why, but I honestly feel so lazy since I’ve written that a trillion times on other threads hehe. But I can tell you that there are no games that I hate, just most and least favorites and that I love Ezio’s trilogy the most cause it offered a great protagonist, great story, great modern day story progress, first civ. encounters, rifts, glyphs, conspiracy theories...etc. It was all in all just phenomenal.

Thats totally okay :) Thanks for the ranking :)

RinoTheBouncer
11-28-2014, 03:20 PM
Thats totally okay :) Thanks for the ranking :)

My pleasure, buddy.
Feel free to look through my threads, if you like. I’ve written some reviews about AC games individually and as a franchise, if you like :)

Pr0metheus 1962
11-28-2014, 03:37 PM
Of the ones I've played so far:

1. AC2
2. AC2: Brotherhood
3: AC4: Black Flag
4. AC2: Revelations
5. AC3: Liberation
6. AC1
7. AC3
8. AC5: Unity

I honestly didn't think any AC game could get any lower than AC3 in my estimation, but I guess what's great about the world is that it always finds a way to surprise you.

Also, the ranking might lead people to think that I believe Liberation and AC1 are bad games. That's not the case. In my estimation the only Assassin's Creed games that are bad are AC3 and Unity. The rest are all good.

king-hailz
11-28-2014, 03:42 PM
AC2- My favorite game of all time! It has my kinda music, my kinda protagonist, my kinda story, my kinda characters, my kinda setting and my kinda game play! (10/10)

ACR - Great story, wraps up my favorite protagonists story, my favorite ending ever!!! (9.5)

AC4- Amazing sense of exploration, great protagonist, nice story, nice ending. (9.5)

ACB - Great gameplay (although a little easy), More ezio, the best modern day in the franchise, great twist at the end! (9/10)

AC1 - Great story, first AC, repetitive game play! (9/10)

AC3 - Good concept for story, frontier is different but still nice... terribly presented story, boring characters, bad voice acting, bad game play, good modern day. (7.5/10)

ACU - Best game play, great city, bad story, bad modern day. (7.5/10)

ACRo - Nice characters except shay and haytham! Boring gameplay! (7.5/10)

I didn't write detail because we'll as Rino said I have written it a million times! Lol... but it's pretty much the jist of it.

hapkidolaurent
11-28-2014, 03:48 PM
I said I wouldnt judge the ranking but it really bothers me that so many people disliked the AC3.
Im gonna ask a dangerous question and you are totally free to ignore it or to bash on me or whatever you like, but is it because Connor wasnt...white? I mean is there maybe a deeper "hate" than just the game? I know it is a stupid question but it slipped my mind and I am really really wondering why so many people dislike the game.

RinoTheBouncer
11-28-2014, 03:54 PM
I said I wouldnt judge the ranking but it really bothers me that so many people disliked the AC3.
Im gonna ask a dangerous question and you are totally free to ignore it or to bash on me or whatever you like, but is it because Connor wasnt...white? I mean is there maybe a deeper "hate" than just the game? I know it is a stupid question but it slipped my mind and I am really really wondering why so many people dislike the game.

I personally LOVED Connor and LOVED ACIII. His personality totally matched the life he lived and the situation and hardships he’s been put through. He’s very realistic and a deep character, as well. The only thing I didn’t like about it was terribly directed ending of the Modern Day segment. Had they not rushed it and gave it a bigger budges, I would’ve given it 10/10.

Flamant777
11-28-2014, 04:20 PM
G = Gameplay
S = Setting
SC = Story and Characters
T = Total

1. ACU : G 10/10, S 10/10, SC 7/10, T 27/30*
2. ACII : G 8/10, S 10/10, SC 8/10, T 26/30
3. ACB : G 8/10, S 9/10, SC 8/10, T 25/30
4. ACR : G 7/10, S 9/10, SC 7/10, T 23/30
5. ACBF : G 5/10**, S 10/10, SC 8/10, T 23/30
6. ACI : G 6/10, S 9/10, SC 7/10, T 22/30
7. ACRo : G 5/10**, S 6/10, SC 9/10, T 20/30
8. ACIII : G 7/10, S 5/10, SC 6/10, T 18/30

*not taking into account bugs and glitches
**not really fond of naval, but thats just me :)

The ratings may look a bit harsh, but it's just to differenciate each one from the other. IMO, for a professionnal review, none of the AC games should go bellow 8/10.
And I still REALLY enjoy each and every AC game up to date.

Assassin_M
11-28-2014, 04:30 PM
AC Unity/ AC IV
AC III/ AC I
ACR/ ACB
AC Liberation HD
AC Bloodlines
AC Discovery
AC Mobile games
AC II

ajl992008
11-28-2014, 04:45 PM
1. AC4 black flag - I loved the story, the setting and the gameplay. The mission decide was really good in this game for me and I think it presented the assassin/templar fight brilliantly (despite people saying that they were not in the game much which I don't understand), The assassinations were amazing and the cast was extremely memorable.

2. ACR - I loved the story of this game, it was beautiful how they ended Ezio and Altairs stories but also gave desmond some much needed bak story, the cast were memorable and the changes such as the hookblade, bombs and eagle sense were great, I liked the mission design too, there was nice variety but the biggest reason is how breath taking Constantinople was, I was fully immersed in the experience because of how well designed the city was and the atmosphere it created.

3. AC2 -Story, gameplay, setting, everything was just great in this game, not sure what else I can say. Tbe two games above just had a bigger impact for me I guess.

4. AC unity - Gameplay is just AMAZING in this game, I like paris,, mission design is BRILLIANT. I'm half way through it but the main reason why this is lower is because I'm just not liking the story, Its all over the place but also the cast of characters are terrible, I love arno though he's my favourite assassin but the people around him are so boring , I hope dead kings has a great story so that arno can flourish as a character for me.

5. Assassins creed rogue - This game has a great story but its waaaayyyy too short and the gameplay feels too similar to blag flag, I was done with sailing in AC4 I got my fill of it and was ready for a return to urban settings, but it is still a great game and I was happy I played it.

6. AC1 - great game but a bit bare bones, if they tackled this setting again with all of the new gameplay additions I guarantee it will probably be my favourite because the setting is amazing.

7. AC3: I had high hopes for the game, I loved the cast and connor but my god the mission design was terrible in this game.

8. AC Liberation HD - I enjoyed the story and for what it was worth at the price I got it (£8) I got a lot of enjoyment out of the game.

9. ACB - I loved all the AC games..... but I HATE this one and felt so cheated. The mission design was boring, the game was very hand holdy and there were FOUR assassinations in the whole game, I also found the cast to not be as interesting as they were in ac2 and I found the templars to be TERRIBLE, they weren't even called templars they were called Borgia throughout the entire game! when it was first announced I was so excited for this game but rome as a location was not done to justice, the mission design was boring, the story was bad, I didn't like the soundtrack to the game, and the game RAN POURLY. People complain about ac unity? this game had CONSTANT screen tearing that I couldn't play it. THis game almost put me off the series after the amaing AC2, I think this game should have been delayed and should have been done as it was opposed to be, an ASSASSIN game not a WARRIOR/ARMY/MERCENARY game.

ajl992008
11-28-2014, 04:48 PM

No, connor was one of the best parts of the game, I don't hate ac3 but its mission design ruined its many gameplay innovations for me.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-28-2014, 05:10 PM
Im gonna ask a dangerous question and you are totally free to ignore it or to bash on me or whatever you like, but is it because Connor wasnt...white?

People dislike Connor because his voice actor made a conscious decision to play him as a caricature of Wes Studi's portrayal of Magua in Last of the Mohicans. It's always a mistake for an actor to try to copy another actor's performance - it never works. Also, the writer made the character too angry and disrespectful of his mentor for a lot of players. Connor basically came across to a lot of players as a stereotypical whiny brat, and because of this many players found him impossible to relate to. It also didn't help that the character of Haytham was so charismatic - many players felt cheated when they had to switch from Haytham to Connor.

Assassin's Creed 3 also had a lot of problems in terms of its treatment of history. Where previous Assassin's Creed games chose to involve the game characters in lesser-known historical happenings that were removed enough from the big happenings of the time, the writers of AC3 chose to make Connor a major part of every big happening in the American War of Independence. As a result, a lot of players felt that the suspension of disbelief that had been achieved with previous titles was lacking in AC3. The game seemed superficial in terms of its story and I felt as if I was being beaten over the head with a history lesson in a way that previous games had not.

There were other problems too - as with AC: Unity, the game shipped in an unfinished state and a lot of players felt that the introductory training missions went on way too long, and the ending was probably the worst of any in the franchise. But these flaws were not the biggest problems with the game - at least not for me.

Sure, a few players may have been turned off the character of Connor due to racism, just as some are clearly turned off AC: Liberation due to sexism. But Altair and Aveline are not white, and most players did not respond to those characters with the same dislike that they had for Connor. The reason most players did not like AC3 was that it just wasn't a very well written game and the actor playing the lead character did a poor job. Some players managed to ignore these flaws, but many (myself included) could not.

Assassin_M
11-28-2014, 05:15 PM
People dislike Connor because his voice actor made a conscious decision to play him as a caricature of Wes Studi's portrayal of Magua in Last of the Mohicans. It's always a mistake for an actor to try to copy another actor's performance - it never works. Also, the writer made the character too angry and disrespectful of his mentor for a lot of players. Connor basically came across to a lot of players as a whiny brat, and because of this many players found him impossible to relate to.
The confines of any complex reason of disliking Connor does not leave the boundaries of these forums. Most of the people who dislike him do so because he's not a charismatic, charming playboy. Nothing more, nothing less.

Because these players are soooooooo respectful to every person they come across lol, i can just imagine
"aww, Conniz is too rude to hiz mentoz, ohmagodz, how could he?"
"Timmy, dinner's ready!"
"**** you, mom, i'm playing here! god, she's such a pain in the ***. poor achilleeezz"

Some players managed to ignore these flaws, but many (myself included) could not.
It's subjective, sonny. you just have too learn that.

Megas_Doux
11-28-2014, 05:23 PM
Personally, I did not like Connor due to his VA.

However, saying Connor was caricaturesque while praising AC II is just pure nonsense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JhuOicPFZY

Roger Craig smith did a pretty good job, But Ezio in AC II is the most "cliched" stereotyped protagonist in the series and by far.

Then we have Mario Auditore impersonating Mario from Mario Bros, Bartolomeo, Cesare and Francesco de Pazzi that resemble the awkward loud-mouthed italians, etc, etc, etc.

DeanOMiite
11-28-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm not ready to rank AC Unity yet, as I haven't finished it. Also not ranking Rogue because my XBox 360 can't read discs anymore (can anyone tell me if I can download the game digitally?) Also not factoring multiplayer into how I feel about each game as I play AC for the story...I'll rank multiplayer separately.

For single player: (SPOILER ALERT)
AC2: Renaissance Italy was GORGEOUS and Venice is probably still my favorite AC city to date. And to me, the real star of any AC game is the location. So Venice wins it for me. Plus the AC2 story was a lot of fun, the game introduced a lot of new elements, Ezio was an awesome character...just everything was A+ to me...except the ending which I STILL hate, the whole "killing you won't bring my family back" cliche was an AWFUL way to end the game in my opinion. Aside from that though...I like my AC games to play out like a movie, just a great story with some crazy thrills, and AC2 nailed it. It took all of the steps I wanted the franchise to take after AC1 laid the foundation. This is still one in my all time top 5 favorite games ever, up there with Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 12, Final Fantasy 10, and Gears of War 3.

AC3: Absolutely loved this game, and playing it through I almost wanted to put it ahead of AC2. I really don't know why this game seems to get picked on more than other game in the series. It loses points for making you wait so long to become adult Connor, but it gains points for the story and the narrative, I really enjoyed playing through. As an American who lives near Boston though, I'm kind of biased.

AC Black Flag: The only reason this one isn't ahead of AC3 is because I didn't like Edward Kenway as much as I liked Ezio and Connor. That being said this game is still absolutely awesome through and through. And the naval battles...my LORD how fun was that!

AC Brotherhood: This was the first time I thought there was some cracks in the armor for AC games. It was still a great game, but I was disappointed that you really only stayed in Rome, with very few expections. That being said, Rome was totally awesome, what a fantastic city with a great history. I love learning about eras in history and architecture as I play (I literally read every single database entry as they pop up.) That being said there was just something about Brotherhood that didn't grab me that I still can't put my finger on. I liked it, I just didn't love it. Maybe it just because I wanted more forward steps after how much I loved AC2.

AC1: Great game, but repetitive. Graphics were awesome, concept was great, parkour was fun. Just...repetitive. I don't much to say about this game that hasn't been said 1000 times except that...having basically an ENTIRE story play out purely with exposition? Good lord...THAT part was a disaster.

AC Revelations: Legitimately did not enjoy this game. Constantinople did nothing for me. The only AC game I will never go back and play. I would probably enjoy it more if I ever did go back and play it again, I just don't feel compelled to do so. At the time I remember not enjoying it all and just rushing through it. The only part that made me stop and say "wow that was fun" was the parachute chase at the end of the game. THAAAAT was crazy awesome.

For multiplayer...AC3, ACB, ACBlackFlag (thank you nerfed smoke!) and then ACR way at the bottom of the list.

VestigialLlama4
11-28-2014, 05:44 PM
I have not played Liberation or the DS and PSP titles.

Until UNITY I don't think Assassin's Creed put out a bad game, and until ROGUE, I don't think they put out a Mediocre game.

So ranking the other titles, I would say,

1) Assassin's Creed II.
2) Black Flag
3) Assassin's Creed I
4) Assassin's Creed III
5) Revelations
6) Brotherhood.

Then way below that,

I'd put Rogue (Nice Emotional Story/Some Cool Ideas, Rehashed assets and gameplay, Lacking in Special Qualities in General) and right below Rogue, I'd put UNITY (Repititive Gameplay/Poor Mission Design/Rotten and Deceitful History/Terrible Story Decisions all around).

Fatal-Feit
11-28-2014, 05:50 PM
1. AC:U - Regardless of its shortcomings, it still holds the candle and delivers the best AC experience yet. Navigation, combat, or stealth, it easily trumps the previous titles. And the story, while disappointing in comparison to the Kenway Saga, wasn't Ezio Trilogy bad. I like to think of Unity as the birth child of all the sagas: a good direction. I look forward to its sequels.

Also, CO-OP. <-- I <3 it.

2. AC:IV/FC/RO - Stealth, combat, or navigation, these game does a fantastic job of playing with the franchise's core and introducing a twist (naval, pirates, and Assassin hunting). Hell, despite their shift, they still pull off the Assassin's Creed title better than any of their predecessors. Pretty much the best of last-gen.

3. 3/R/1 - Fantastic stories and gameplay, each. I mean, they each have their fair share of glaring flaws, but what they deliver as a whole are well-worth experiencing.

5. 2/B - Fun games, overall, but their stories are poor and the gameplay doesn't make up for it, let alone a lack of balance, especially in Brotherhood. A step back, almost parody, from the first game, IMO.

egriffin09
11-28-2014, 08:47 PM
1. AC:U- I honestly feel like this is the best AC game to date. Yes, I had a few framerate issues and 1-2 glitches, but nothing that ruined the overall experience of the game. Paris is more alive than any other city of the entire series, it actually feels like Paris is a real breathing city with all the NPC's and it seems as though they are doing real life things. The scale and graphics are amazing. Gameplay is great in this game too, as I feel like the side content have taken a step forward in the series with the Paris stories. The stealth button was also a nice addition to the series, Although the story could have been better, I feel it was a better story than Black Flag I feel like Unity takes the best from previous title and puts it in Unity (the scale & roof running of AC 2, assassinations of AC 2, Villa aspect of AC 2, the side content of AC IV & Brotherhood, and the atmosphere of AC I).

2. AC2- As great as this game is, I think that at this point it just feels dated and limited as far as graphics, gameplay, and controls are concerned. I will say that this is the best story of any AC game, and was the best setting until Paris in Unity. I think that it is has a special place in my heart because of the progression over AC I, but at this point I don't think I can put it as the best overall AC game.

3. ACIV- This game was just a fresh take on the AC series and the side content and world was really immersive.

4. AC:B- Great side content, Rome was huge but lifeless in spots and sort of dull. Also it introduced the brotherhood mechanic.

5. AC:R- Great closure to Ezio's story, but the game was incomplete in many ways when held up against other games in the series and that was due to the short developement cycle it had, but still a good game.

6. AC I-Great atompshere, had a huge impact on last-gen, because it was nothing like it before, but the game was really repetitive.

7. ACIII- The game had a lot of potential, but I feel Ubisoft was too ambitious for this title.

***I don't think any AC game is bad and I have enjoyed every AC game I have played.***

Henge1759
11-28-2014, 09:07 PM
1. AC 2 Ezio is a badass.
2. AC Brotha
3. AC Rev.
4. AC 3 Really liked the savage part of Conner's fighting
5. AC Black Could have been 4th,
6. AC Rogue Story was great(WAY TO SHORT)
7. AC1 Love tge game. ground breaking. Did start to get tired off pick pocket and easedrop every time. LOL
8. Unity Have not played yet. Have it, but played Rogue first. Could move up in ranks.

GunnerGalactico
11-28-2014, 10:01 PM
I recently replayed most of my previous game. I don't have Unity yet and I just got started with Rogue.

At the moment this is my ranking:

1. AC4
2. AC3
3. ACB
4. AC2
5. AC1
6. ACL
7. ACR

Assassin_M
11-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Roger Craig smith did a pretty good job, But Ezio in AC II is the most "cliched" stereotyped protagonist in the series and by far.

Then we have Mario Auditore impersonating Mario from Mario Bros, Bartolomeo, Cesare and Francesco de Pazzi that resemble the awkward loud-mouthed italians, etc, etc, etc.
Haha, you should read his posts about Unity being "stereotypical" You'd laugh so hard...you'll laugh even harder when reading his unrelenting praise AC II side by side.

Namikaze_17
11-28-2014, 10:09 PM
Damn...how many times have we had this Thread? :rolleyes:

1) AC1/AC3 ( Story-wise)
2) AC4/ACRo
3) ACR
4) AC2/ACU
5) ACB
6) ACL

Megas_Doux
11-28-2014, 10:17 PM
Haha, you should read his posts about Unity being "stereotypical" You'd laugh so hard...you'll laugh even harder when reading his unrelenting praise AC II side by side.

I have..... haha.

I mean, there is nothing wrong about like that "cliche" approach.. My problem is his reasons of why Unity is stereotypical - and thus bad- and AC II is not.

Fatal-Feit
11-28-2014, 10:19 PM

Did you miss his post about AC:2 having an engaging love story? That one was the best.

Ironically, just about every AC have had a better love story than 2.

AC:1 - Maria
AC:B - Cristina (expanded)
AC:R - Sophia
AC:3 - Ziio
AC:L - Gerald
AC:IV - Caroline
AC:FC - Bastienne
AC:U - Elise

Assassin_M
11-28-2014, 10:22 PM
Did you miss his post about AC:2 having an engaging love story? That one was the best.

Ironically, every just about every AC have had a better love story than 2.

AC:1 - Maria
AC:B - Cristina (expanded)
AC:R - Sophia
AC:3 - Ziio
AC:L - Gerald
AC:IV - Caroline
AC:FC - Bastienne
AC:U - Elise
Oh I read it last night. I laughed so hard. Reminded of that other guy who said ACB's story was philosophical and then made up things that never happened in the game as backup to what he said.

I have..... haha.

I mean, there is nothing wrong about like that "cliche" approach.. My problem is his reasons of why Unity is stereotypical - and thus bad- and AC II is not.
Oh same here. It's just he talks about maturity and consistency and then does stuff like that.

Namikaze_17
11-28-2014, 10:22 PM

Pfft, haha. ^^

Or what about when he said AC3 had Mustache-Twirling villains. :rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
11-28-2014, 10:40 PM
Pfft, haha. ^^

Or what about when he said AC3 had Mustache-Twirling villains. :rolleyes:

And yet he complained for 2-3 pages straight about me not knowing **** about the franchise.

http://i.imgur.com/uacbQ4J.gif

Xstantin
11-28-2014, 11:03 PM
And yet he complained for 2-3 pages straight about me not knowing **** about the franchise.

Where can I read that?

Namikaze_17
11-28-2014, 11:09 PM

http://i.imgur.com/uacbQ4J.gif

Compared to him, none of us know **** about the franchise. :rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
11-28-2014, 11:21 PM
Where can I read that?

Too lazy to dig up the thread, but it about which AC had the best story. He literally shat on my opinion. I said nothing when he was glorifying AC:B about having a good story.

The funny thing as well is that he was wrong. AC:IV beat AC:2 on votes and AC:3 was 3rd while AC:B was the least voted.

MakimotoJin
11-28-2014, 11:29 PM
I'm definitely looking for this thread.I could have a bit of a laugh today.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-28-2014, 11:33 PM
LOL! Something suddenly got all the apologists to turn out en-masse.

Assassin_M
11-28-2014, 11:35 PM
LOL! Something suddenly got all the apologists to turn out en-masse.
Stop farting, Timmy, you're damping up the room.

MakimotoJin
11-28-2014, 11:38 PM
I still don't get it.Sir,did you really join in 2003?
Also,"now Fatal pays for it with such a silly comment that lowered the IQ of the whole country." made me laugh too much.I'm crying.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2014, 12:17 AM
I still don't get it.Sir,did you really join in 2003?

Yes. It would be difficult and pointless to fake it.

MakimotoJin
11-29-2014, 12:20 AM
Yes. It would be difficult and pointless to fake it.

I don't know what to say.Uuhh.....do you mind if I ask you some questions?

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2014, 12:22 AM
I don't know what to say.Uuhh.....do you mind if I ask you some questions?

Go right ahead, I guess.

MakimotoJin
11-29-2014, 12:24 AM
Okay.What the hell did you talk about in 2003?

melbye82
11-29-2014, 01:03 AM
Having played Unity through Sequense 9, only console-games:
1. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
2. Assassin's Creed 2
3. Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag
4. Assassin's Creed Revelations
5. Assassin's Creed Rogue
6. Assassin's Creed 3
7. Assassin's Creed Liberation
8. Assassin's Creed
9. Assassin's Creed Unity

Unity feels like such a step backwards, removing many things like whistling and human shields and adding useless crap like companion app only functionality and co-op. Also the optional objectives are just obnoxious at this point

Assassin_M
11-29-2014, 01:08 AM
removing many things like whistling and human shields....Also the optional objectives are just obnoxious at this point
And Brotherhood is your favorite....

TO_M
11-29-2014, 02:05 AM
1. AC:1
2. AC:4 / AC:2
3. AC:U
4. AC:B
5. AC:Rogue
6.AC:revelations/AC:3

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2014, 02:18 AM
Okay.What the hell did you talk about in 2003?

Chessmaster 10, Silent Hunter 3.

Yea, verily, in the days of yore, Ubisoft made games before Assassin's Creed was even a glint in Patrice Desilets' eye. Ubisoft has been making games since the 1980s.

I'm an amateur software mod developer, so I made mods for PC games back in those days. I made the "Real U-boat" mod for Silent Hunter 3, the "Real Fleet Boat" mod for Silent Hunter 4 and the "Early Chess Masters" mod for Chessmaster 11. They were all very popular mods in their day.

hapkidolaurent
11-29-2014, 02:38 AM
Just wanted to put a big thank you for all your posts. Its really nice to read all those different opinioms about the series. Thanks sgain :)

rprkjj
11-29-2014, 02:49 AM
From best to worst:

Unity
AC4
ACB
Rogue
AC2
ACR
AC3
AC1

MakimotoJin
11-29-2014, 03:24 AM
Chessmaster 10, Silent Hunter 3.

Yea, verily, in the days of yore, Ubisoft made games before Assassin's Creed was even a glint in Patrice Desilets' eye. Ubisoft has been making games since the 1980s.

I'm an amateur software mod developer, so I made mods for PC games back in those days. I made the "Real U-boat" mod for Silent Hunter 3, the "Real Fleet Boat" mod for Silent Hunter 4 and the "Early Chess Masters" mod for Chessmaster 11. They were all very popular mods in their day.

Wow.I wonder how much things have changed since then.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2014, 01:09 PM
Wow.I wonder how much things have changed since then.

Not much. The main thing I've noticed is that Ubisoft is much bigger now, which has allowed them to get a massive marketing department, so that they can now make a profit even if they release games that are of poor quality and unfinished. ;)

king-hailz
11-29-2014, 02:49 PM

I probably have more reason to dislike Connor because he is half white (not that I do)... I am not white, I have been racially abused before... so that's not why I don't like him... I just think the entire game was done badly...

Well not the entire game.

MakimotoJin
11-29-2014, 06:16 PM
Not much. The main thing I've noticed is that Ubisoft is much bigger now, which has allowed them to get a massive marketing department, so that they can now make a profit even if they release games that are of poor quality and unfinished. ;)

Haha....I got that.