PDA

View Full Version : Hiding the HUD increase the performance for about 10 fps ?

Alienscavenger
11-28-2014, 12:48 PM
I was searching the button to manually reload ammunition using xbox controller on google, and I found a quick way to hide the hud (by holding the R3 button). Then I notice something, the game felt a bit smoother. So I open MSI Afterburner overlay thingy, then check if the fps did increase when I hide the HUD.

It really did increase the fps, for about 5 to 10 fps.

I don't know if this only happen on my rig, or it happens to anyone. I didn't have the time to post screenshots (I'm using my smartphone when I post this), so if anybody can confirm this, I'm glad to know. I'm currently on the 1.3 patch, and so far (only for about 5 minutes in this patch) no problems found yet.

UPDATE: (seems no one is replying, lol) It seems that minimap hud is the one which took the most hit ( I think ) about 3-5 fps in most cases

Alienscavenger
11-29-2014, 03:43 AM
bump

topeira1980
11-29-2014, 10:35 AM
i did a test for you and didnt see any difference.
i stood next to notre dame where i got 28 fps. then i held the right thumbstick so the HUD went away. no fps change. maaaaybe 1 frame. no more.

johnsmith145
11-29-2014, 01:07 PM
Notre Dame is probably the best optimised area in the game, maybe try somewhere in the Cour des Miracles? Thats where it's the lowest fps for me at least.

Alienscavenger
11-29-2014, 01:31 PM
i did a test for you and didnt see any difference.
i stood next to notre dame where i got 28 fps. then i held the right thumbstick so the HUD went away. no fps change. maaaaybe 1 frame. no more.

Oh, really? Not sure if that's good or bad news. For me, hiding the HUD always increase my fps about 5, more or less, 3 fps on the lowest. I'm using amd r9 290, so that's that