PDA

View Full Version : Digital Foundry PATCH 3 Frame Rate Test

SolidNSnake1985
11-28-2014, 12:42 PM
DF just did another Test of the Frame Rate after Patch 3 .. and it's still the same (bad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3UEkBx-FHQ

bitsoul.
11-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Wow.. Seems like it's much worse after the patch, before the patch it still had additional 3 ~ 4 fps while the patch reduced it.

Jackdaw951
11-28-2014, 02:26 PM
. . . overall frame-rates only see a small improvement overall across the run of play. In our clips this amounts to a 1.95 per cent boost in single-player (25.07fps average vs the pre-patch 24.59fps) and only 1.6 per cent in co-op (24.29fps vs 23.90fps). As gameplay isn't absolutely matched, we consider this to be within the margin of error.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-assassins-creed-unity-patch-analysed

Which is what I've observed on the XONE version too. Basically, no discernible improvement in performance. I don't know how to get back into Sainte-Chapelle to verify that they've fixed that mess. And other than that, I haven't had any serious issues with my playthrough so far. In short, this patch has done nothing for me so far. Well, I haven't fallen out of the world again. There's always that.

Sejdovic11
11-28-2014, 02:29 PM
I mean seriously, just say it that you don't have a clue how are you going to fix this awful performance and apologize because you are incompetent and that's it.

"Performance Optimizations Currently Being Tested"
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-185420-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Yeah right, you are testing nothing, because you don't know where the problem is. Just give up, refund those who want to be refunded and move on. You have messed it up. Don't even mention broken mechanics in this game. This should be tested before release date, don't tell me that they tested it, and didn't notice any fps problems. Jesus will come down to say hello to you when this game hits 30fps.

"At Ubisoft for a long time we wanted to push 60 fps. I don't think it was a good idea because you don't gain that much from 60 fps and it doesn't look like the real thing. It's a bit like The Hobbit movie, it looked really weird."
http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/viva-la-resoluci-n-assassin-s-creed-dev-thinks-industry-is-dropping-60-fps-standard-1268241

Yeah right, they can't hit 30fps and they are talking about 60. 24fps is cinematic, this game hardly hits even those 24 "cinematic" fps... Peasants...

Mr_Shade
11-28-2014, 02:33 PM
FYI - this patch wasn't intended to fix global frame rates - only certain areas, though you may see 'some' improvements, it's not for certain.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-186297-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

'While you might notice some improvements to framerate as a result of Patch 3, we still have a future patch planned to further address framerate concerns.'

Sejdovic11
11-28-2014, 02:40 PM
'While you might notice some improvements to framerate as a result of Patch 3, we still have a future patch planned to further address framerate concerns.'

Yup, awesome "improvements" were noticed.

/sarcasm off

hapkidolaurent
11-28-2014, 02:50 PM
FYI - this patch wasn't intended to fix global frame rates - only certain areas, though you may see 'some' improvements, it's not for certain.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-186297-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

err... I remember you guys giving us the information " Ac Unity will run at 30 Frames per second" oh and for the special reason that it looks more "cinematic"

yeah well the next time you announce your game please be honest. "AC5 will run at 15 to (sometimes in lowdetailed places ) 30frames per second"

Ubisoft what is your excuse for providing such a low optimization. I understand that you have pressure from your Bosses and stuff... but maann.... cmon. You are a serious game company. Or did you hire people from Bohemia Interactive?

Aphex_Tim
11-28-2014, 03:05 PM
Yup, awesome "improvements" were noticed.

/sarcasm off

Did you even read what he said?

And yes, it has been stated multiple times before that this patch fixes the framerate issues at certain instances, like inside the Saint-Chapelle, along with a lot of other bug fixes
and that they're still working on fixing the overall framerate.

Sejdovic11
11-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Did you even read what he said?

And yes, it has been stated multiple times before that this patch fixes the framerate issues at certain instances, like inside the Saint-Chapelle, along with a lot of other bug fixes
and that they're still working on fixing the overall framerate.

"While you might notice some improvements to framerate as a result of Patch 3"

Did you even read what they said? I just said that no improvement was able to notice after this patch, do you have problem with that?

And yes, they are releasing patch after patch, and the performance is getting worse and worse. So cool, maybe this will get optimized in 2016, maybe, just maybe in December 2015.

Mr_Shade
11-28-2014, 03:29 PM
I just said that no improvement was able to notice after this patch .
If you didn't notice improvements in the areas that were specifically addressed in this patch, for example in side and the windows at Saint-Chapelle, then maybe there is an issue else where?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/959126-Patch-3-Notes-Rolling-Out-This-week

The patch was not the final one to improve frame rates in other places or in general - since that's planed for a future update - as stated ;)

RzaRecta357
11-28-2014, 03:30 PM
"While you might notice some improvements to framerate as a result of Patch 3"

Did you even read what they said? I just said that no improvement was able to notice after this patch, do you have problem with that?

And yes, they are releasing patch after patch, and the performance is getting worse and worse. So cool, maybe this will get optimized in 2016, maybe, just maybe in December 2015.

Are you blind and rude? Yup, that's a fact and not an opinion. The patch was fixing certain online components that were lagging out the system. The patch notes literally say stuff like fixed FPS when climbing a certain building.

They then said they're working on a global FPS patch. Do you need more cheese with your whine or what bruv?

Sejdovic11
11-28-2014, 03:36 PM
Are you blind and rude? Yup, that's a fact and not an opinion. The patch was fixing certain online components that were lagging out the system. The patch notes literally say stuff like fixed FPS when climbing a certain building.

They then said they're working on a global FPS patch. Do you need more cheese with your whine or what bruv?

Haha, rude? Why? I'm just commenting my experience, if you love this game, it's fine with me, no problem at all, your personall opinion. Awesome, we'll get fps patch for every area in the game.

Yes, give me some cheese, I would love some.

Do you get paid for kissing Ubi's *** or what bruv?

RzaRecta357
11-28-2014, 03:39 PM
Haha, rude? Why? I'm just commenting my experience, if you love this game, it's fine with me, no problem at all, your personall opinion. Awesome, we'll get fps patch for every area in the game.

Yes, give me some cheese, I would love some.

Do you get paid for kissing Ubi's *** or what bruv?

Heh, you don't even realize how you were rude? Do you burn ant hills? We have people here explaining the patch to you which you obviously didn't understand or comprehend the patch notes correctly. Then you ask if they even read what you said... Like the community manager here didn't read it or something haha.

Give me a break person I assume is a teenager.

hapkidolaurent
11-28-2014, 03:41 PM
If you didn't notice improvements in the areas that were specifically addressed in this patch, for example in side and the windows at Saint-Chapelle, then maybe there is an issue else where?

The patch was not the final one to improve frame rates in other places or in general - since that's planed for a future update - as stated ;)

This is the original quote from your Patch-log. "Improved general Framerate on PS4 by lowering the priority of the online services thread"

Improved... general Framerate. As shown in this video its not really the case. Next time please write "Improved general Framerate on PS4 by 1.62% by lowering the priority of the online services thread

Sejdovic11
11-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Heh, you don't even realize how you were rude? Do you burn ant hills? We have people here explaining the patch to you which you obviously didn't understand or comprehend the patch notes correctly. Then you ask if they even read what you said... Like the community manager here didn't read it or something haha.

Give me a break person I assume is a teenager.

I didn't replied to you first, why would I give you a break? I was rude because I asked Mr. Tim if he has problem with that I didn't notice any improvement concernig fps problems? Oh damn, I'm sorry if I insulted him, I didn't want to.

Fixed specific framerate drops

Improved general Framerate on PS4 by lowering the priority of the online services thread

I didn't notice any improvements so I said it here, what's the big deal about it?

Again, sorry if I insulted anyone, I really didn't want to, I'm just commenting on my own experience with Unity, and I'm writing in my own name, not yours, or anyone elses.

Teenager? No, I was born in 1990 so...

Mr_Shade
11-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Well as the patch notes also say, it's not the final one to improve frame rates, so while you may notice some improvements, however small, it's hoped the future one will improve on them further.

The main concern was some very specific areas, which are the ones listed in the notes, and they should be fixed now - so please try those areas and report back ;)

Lets stop the infighting please, since that helps no one.

RzaRecta357
11-28-2014, 03:54 PM
There you go. That was better.. I'm just saying it came off rude and every morning I come on here to people whining and doing that haha. I suppose I need my morning coffee still. But just imagine all the soul crushing stuff you have to hear everyday around here if you made this game for the last 2-4 years. The creative director, Rick Grimes seriously must be upset. He has a gem here when it's working right and it sucks people are having issues. Paris is seriously gorgeous and the gameplay improvements to the core rock.

Curious, how fast is your internet connection? I've been assuming that my FPS has turned out a tiny bit better than most because of my FibreOp connection.. I'm getting 50down and 30up which is alot higher than most so the laggy Uplay servers probably didn't hit me AS hard. I mean I somehow managed to hit level like 16-18 on initiates on the second day with a Shao avatar haha.

Maybe your connection doesn't have the upload speed or something. Maybe you're just in one of those still pretty laggy areas. I still notice it in a few spots to be sure. But in most areas now I definitely notice an improvement.

hapkidolaurent
11-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Well as the patch notes also say, it's not the final one to improve frame rates, so while you may notice some improvements, however small, it's hoped the future one will improve on them further.

The main concern was some very specific areas, which are the ones listed in the notes, and they should be fixed now - so please try those areas and report back ;)

Why dont you just admit it? Why dont you just admit it that you could have been more honest in the patches? I mean surely if there would have been a bigger improvement you all would brag about ;)

Sejdovic11
11-28-2014, 03:59 PM

I understand that Mr_Shade, it's cool. But I just gave feedback that I PERSONALLY didn't notice any improvements in general and that's all.

Nobody is infighting, like I said, I didn't want to insult anyone, at the end, we're all gamers here, and we are fans of AC franchise and I really wish best for AC. And I'm not ****ting on Ubisoft, I'm ****ting on poorly optimized game like Unity sadly is. I hope that they won't release game in that condition again, because it's not acceptable for AAA title at all. They made pretty good job with Far Cry 4, and I bought it after saw some reviews and played game for myself just to show support. No problems with FC4 optimization (at least not at my PS4).

Wish you all best here really, enjoy your game and that's it.

Sejdovic11
11-28-2014, 04:08 PM
There you go. That was better.. I'm just saying it came off rude and every morning I come on here to people whining and doing that haha. I suppose I need my morning coffee still. But just imagine all the soul crushing stuff you have to hear everyday around here if you made this game for the last 2-4 years. The creative director, Rick Grimes seriously must be upset. He has a gem here when it's working right and it sucks people are having issues. Paris is seriously gorgeous and the gameplay improvements to the core rock.

Curious, how fast is your internet connection? I've been assuming that my FPS has turned out a tiny bit better than most because of my FibreOp connection.. I'm getting 50down and 30up which is alot higher than most so the laggy Uplay servers probably didn't hit me AS hard. I mean I somehow managed to hit level like 16-18 on initiates on the second day with a Shao avatar haha.

Maybe your connection doesn't have the upload speed or something. Maybe you're just in one of those still pretty laggy areas. I still notice it in a few spots to be sure. But in most areas now I definitely notice an improvement.

At speedtest.net it shows 20MB/s download and 10MB/s upload speed, I don't think that my connection is a problem (generally I don't face any lag when playing online for example or something like that.)

I mean it's hard to be criticized, but if I create something, and put it on market, and the product is not working as it should, I will accept the fact that my customers will criticize and bash on my creation. That's how things are going, even if you **** something up at work, you'll be criticized and that's it. That should be motivation to people to get better as fast as they can.

I agree and I stated it in many topics, Paris is looking awesome, no doubt, great job with design, with lightning and all that stuff, hat down for that. There is only thing that bothers me personally... It's optimization, nothing else. I never said anything about story, characters and that stuff. I'll make my own conclusions after I beat my game, I don't want to criticize something that I've not experienced.

Assassin_M
11-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Whelp, I guess i'm gonna hold out on that repurchase then.

Megas_Doux
11-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Im really sorry - and angry at Ubisoft- about all the ones still having these issue, fortunately everything is fine in my PC.

wvstolzing
11-28-2014, 05:26 PM
Before the .3 patch, climbing over stained glass brought the framerate down to about 1 (one) per second (seriously); the patch has fixed that.
I've noticed small improvements in *specific areas* as well ---- exactly as the patch notes say, how shocking.

Though I'm definitely looking forward to the next patch, for 'global' framerate improvements.

Omegatr0n
11-28-2014, 06:51 PM

@mr_shade: i definately see improvements when i climb the notre dame but before this patch i had litte framerate drops while running through the streets but after patch 3 the overall framerate is worse then before. This patch 3 affects the overall gameplay horribly.

Im about to complete this game soon. I think im holding off till the next patch is out. Any estimate on a releasedate is much appriciated.

Also, im playing on PS4.

Offtopic: while its nice that we get DLC for free it doesnt make up the fact that you guys let your fanbase and customers pay for beta testing!! This is the reason i will never preorder another ubisoft production untill reviews say the game is finished when it got released. Shame on you Ubisoft!

SolidNSnake1985
11-29-2014, 11:21 AM
i'm really looking forward they patch the Frame Rate, my first playthrough was horrible because of the Frame rate & Stuttering

as soon as i enter the Cafe it stutters..

yet Ubisoft didn't post an update on their 4th Patch Preview, and i'm hoping they address the Frame Rate really soon, so i can have a second playthrough "i did enjoy the first playthrough, but frame rate ruined it for me"

Didd31
11-29-2014, 12:57 PM
there no need of a bench with numerical value, the frame rate is worse for me after patch 3, i'm on xOne, i saw it on as soon as i had lauch unity after patching , and ubi's dev not ?

:confused: :p :mad:

pacmanate
11-29-2014, 01:15 PM
Can you imagine if Unity came out October 31st as intended?!

JESUS.