PDA

View Full Version : Bad news...

Pedritogun
11-28-2014, 07:13 AM
This is incredibly sad...

I would really like Ubisoft to know about my story. My trip from happiness to sadness.

I remember when I dressed as Altair when the first game came out. I was really excited. I loved it. Then Ezio and his marvelous games with incredible atmospheres. Connor was different and I still loved it. I have had discussions in forums and with friends about the quality of this franchise, the original way to match history with stories, the future-past relation...Black Flag was huge as well.

Then I saved up for 3 months, working extra hours because my job didnīt allow me to buy the new system. Unity was going to be released just for the new generation. I went ahead and did it. I worked hard and when I got the money, went to store to buy my PS4 with Unity. The happiest man in the world. I am from Spain and live in USA now, and when playing this franchise, it reminds me of me playing with my family around...I donīt know guys, Assassins Creed is something that has gone along with me through life!

But then, I started playing Unity: graphics were earth shattering, everything looked good (I even discussed again against people who criticized the game because of the bugs. CO-OP???? That sounded astonishing...

I can not play online, after 3 patches, now the new problem is that the game says I have a NAT 3 when I have a NAT 2. I can not play online. I need to wait, and wait, and wait...but not anymore....

Sometimes people need to be patient with others up to certain limit, and this game has overpassed my line.

Who would have said it? Tomorrow I am selling it without finishing it. It is so sad. It is breathtaking how unprofessional this whole situation looks.

Ubisoft, I hope you read this and learn how bad for a company is to lose clients like me.

Good luck with everything. I wonīt be excited again for any of your products anymore.

hapkidolaurent
11-28-2014, 12:34 PM
This is incredibly sad...

I would really like Ubisoft to know about my story. My trip from happiness to sadness.

I remember when I dressed as Altair when the first game came out. I was really excited. I loved it. Then Ezio and his marvelous games with incredible atmospheres. Connor was different and I still loved it. I have had discussions in forums and with friends about the quality of this franchise, the original way to match history with stories, the future-past relation...Black Flag was huge as well.

Then I saved up for 3 months, working extra hours because my job didnīt allow me to buy the new system. Unity was going to be released just for the new generation. I went ahead and did it. I worked hard and when I got the money, went to store to buy my PS4 with Unity. The happiest man in the world. I am from Spain and live in USA now, and when playing this franchise, it reminds me of me playing with my family around...I donīt know guys, Assassins Creed is something that has gone along with me through life!

But then, I started playing Unity: graphics were earth shattering, everything looked good (I even discussed again against people who criticized the game because of the bugs. CO-OP???? That sounded astonishing...

I can not play online, after 3 patches, now the new problem is that the game says I have a NAT 3 when I have a NAT 2. I can not play online. I need to wait, and wait, and wait...but not anymore....

Sometimes people need to be patient with others up to certain limit, and this game has overpassed my line.

Who would have said it? Tomorrow I am selling it without finishing it. It is so sad. It is breathtaking how unprofessional this whole situation looks.

Ubisoft, I hope you read this and learn how bad for a company is to lose clients like me.

Good luck with everything. I wonīt be excited again for any of your products anymore.

wait before you sell it. For your nat problem, did you open all your ports? Sometimes, programms like SQL or Skype can interferre with the ports and cause problems.

Mr_Shade
11-28-2014, 02:42 PM
If you have a strict NAT in game, that maybe a different message from the console network test - since the game maybe checking different ports from the console.

Normally your router would open any required ports automatically, via UPnP - however some can't do this, so you manually have to open the ports or add the console to a DMZ.

If those terms mean nothing to you, you should contact your ISP support team and ask them for advice.

Details of the required ports etc are here: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/47/4043/multiplayer-connection-issues-in-assassins-creed-unity/kA030000000eicYCAQ

Jackdaw951
11-28-2014, 02:49 PM
I had to give my XONE a static IP address, then manually enter the settings into the network setup on the console. Then I had to forward 7 ports to that IP address in the router. That finally made my NAT go from strict to open. I tried easier steps like DMZ, but my Linksys WRT54G seemed unwilling to oblige, for some reason. This never worked right.

As far as network requirements go, the PS4 is no different from an XONE or any other connected device. Make sure you've done everything possible before you go taking a big loss personally and financially here.

Edit: I recommend portforward.com, PS4 guides (http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/PS4/). I used the site myself, mostly for the port numbers. (The Ps4's I'm sure will be different.)

Also, see here: http://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/

RzaRecta357
11-28-2014, 03:27 PM
TC. Ubisoft games always go NAT3 on me when I use a torrent program. No matter how long after it will say NAT3. To fix it after using a torrent program I always just reset my router. Unplug your modem and router for 30 seconds and try again. Get back to me after that, curious if this is just something that always happens to me.

It literally happened in every AC online game where they showed the nat all easy. I even moved once.