PDA

View Full Version : Lost Savegame after Patch 1.3.0

D4rk.D4nte
11-28-2014, 04:51 AM
Could anybody please tell me where to get save games back from?
I read the article about the Known Issues and it says there is a workaround but cant find anything under the link provided by Ubisoft.
After the patch the game started again from the beginning...
I had a good amount on hours in there already and was good with all the stuff we could do...
I dont wanna start over...

Anyone else having this problem or can help me and tell me what the workaround was supposed to be?

Thank you

Nogeaux
11-28-2014, 05:43 AM
I searched my system for 1.save and 2.save to find out which directory they are saved to. I have applied the second patch but was waiting to apply patch 3 until I saw some feedback in this forum. As a rule, I generally don't patch right away because of the possibility that the patch may break more than it fixes. I play offline and use locally saved game files. No issues with losing save games.

Good luck,

nogeaux

D4rk.D4nte
11-28-2014, 05:48 AM
Ya,
sadly i was "dumb" enough as a grown up to trust that the files on the system ALWAYS overwrite the cloud data.
Well apparently i was wrong....
I know where the save games are tho, but they are already from 11/27 (27.11.) and therefore overwritten...
I might try to restore my PC before the patch was applied...
Maybe that helps..

D4rk.D4nte
11-28-2014, 06:13 AM
So...
thanks to NOGEAUX... he got me on an idea...

FOR ALL WINDOWS 7 USERS....

Most of you might have tunred on PREVOIUS VERSION of files and folders... if so... You can restore your files by just right click on the local save folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\xxxLONG NUMBERxxx\720
Select Properties and Previous Version...
You should be able to see multiple folders in there from various dates..
Before you restore you can actually take a look inside that folder.
Look for the last known good save game (by date and time) and either restore it or copy and paste it somewhere and overwrite the files in the original 720 folder (if they are not correct.. maybe wanna do backup of them anyway)
Make sure to DEACTIVATE cloud sync.. since this seems to be the problem.
The cloud data overwrites the local content which is redicolous since i DO NOT HAVE TO BE ONLINE all the time.. so why it should overwrite the local data.
At least ask for it god dammit...

Anyhow, when restored and deactivated cloud sync start the game and you should be where you left off last time...

For everybody else who does not know how to turn on or off Previous Version in win 7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/previous-versions-files-faq#1TC=windows-7

Thanks Ubi for nothing...

(BTW: can i exchange my "we are sorry" download game for a game from EA... i kinda feel like i dont want another not working game from you.. see Far Cray 4)

Kiirkas
11-30-2014, 08:44 PM
Happened here too. I played this morning, everything was fine except for some new framerate issues.

Come back after brunch, fire up the game, and I'm taken to the initial Helix menu. Apparently the cloud overwrote my local files with files that contain no progress AT ALL.

Thanks Ubisoft!

Edited to add:

This post http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/949543-All-Platforms-AC-Unity-CURRENT-KNOWN-ISSUES supposedly links to a workaround for "Corrupted Saves or Lost Progress" but the link goes to a generic blog page. There's no workaround info to be found. How's about someone actually get that information accessible to affected users?

eceasy14
12-02-2014, 01:55 PM
It also happened to me AS WELL after the 1.3.0 patch!

When I launched the game after the patch, my game progress was reset and start from 0%.

Unfortunately, it synced to the cloud storage with the new save data.

Since I have 100% finished the main story line, coop and heist missions, I still have some side missions to go and the treasure hunt.

Would it be able to restore my save date before the patch?

P.S. I do not want to play the missions all over again.

Asked the technical support on 30/11. Still haven't received any replies!

del170919084429
12-02-2014, 10:51 PM
It also happened to me AS WELL after the 1.3.0 patch!

When I launched the game after the patch, my game progress was reset and start from 0%.

Unfortunately, it synced to the cloud storage with the new save data.

Since I have 100% finished the main story line, coop and heist missions, I still have some side missions to go and the treasure hunt.

Would it be able to restore my save date before the patch?

P.S. I do not want to play the missions all over again.

Asked the technical support on 30/11. Still haven't received any replies!

If you do a system restore and then turn off cloud data or copy the save files to another location this might just work. I don't know for sure but its worth a try. Just remember to turn off cloud backup. Im curious you didn't receive a message to either keep local files or cloud files?

Erfivur
12-03-2014, 12:39 AM
I have a theory that... may not be relevant to you but i've noticed that if you "launch" initiates from within the game's menu and exit to desktop(any amount of time later) that the Uplay synch that happens after exiting a game doesn't occur until you close the browser initiates was opened in.
very weird.

I'm wondering if this is how some peoples saves are being corrupted.

eceasy14
12-03-2014, 08:11 PM
If you do a system restore and then turn off cloud data or copy the save files to another location this might just work. I don't know for sure but its worth a try. Just remember to turn off cloud backup. Im curious you didn't receive a message to either keep local files or cloud files?

I can't restore my system because I didn't set any restore points for system recovery... :nonchalance:
As I remember, when I launched the game after the 1.3.0 patch, there was a message box regarding the uplay or cloud storage. I chose 'try again' in the message box and I lost my save data. I can't even log into the initiates profile to see whether my character information and levels. It's just all blank!