PDA

View Full Version : Best Hide out

DisbandedBox359
11-28-2014, 12:56 AM
Thought this would be a laugh, who had the coolest hide out-referring to all the places we could renovate

bitebug2003
11-28-2014, 01:00 AM
A whole island - definitely Great Inagua (Edward) :)

EmptyCrustacean
11-28-2014, 01:09 AM
Altair's in AC1! Although from the list Monteriggioni because all of Ezio's family were there who you grow attached to throughout the game.

Sabuto78
11-28-2014, 01:12 AM
i liked great inagua but it wasnt very useful

Enjoyed monteriggioni more

sonoftitus1982
11-28-2014, 01:17 AM
cafe theater namely because of theoretical club competitions but mostly the social club missions there are 7 and most have 3 missions i still haven`t done them all and theres a trophy for it so far it seems to be the most functional that plus earning 43,941 dollars every hour

SixKeys
11-28-2014, 01:43 AM
You forgot Tiber Island (ACB) and the hideout in Revelations.

Monteriggioni for me. It was small enough to really see the impact of your renovations which was nice. Great Inagua is a close second. How cool is it to have your own island? :o

DisbandedBox359
11-28-2014, 02:45 AM
cafe theater namely because of theoretical club competitions but mostly the social club missions there are 7 and most have 3 missions i still haven`t done them all and theres a trophy for it so far it seems to be the most functional that plus earning 43,941 dollars every hour

Oh you mean "club competitions coming soon" ;), Cafe Theatres probably my fave as well, just the look and design of it and that it connects the underground HQ as well

DisbandedBox359
11-28-2014, 02:46 AM
You forgot Tiber Island (ACB) and the hideout in Revelations.

Monteriggioni for me. It was small enough to really see the impact of your renovations which was nice. Great Inagua is a close second. How cool is it to have your own island? :o

Thought I'd just give Ezio one (sorry im not Ubisoft) :P nah felt like Monteriggioni was the one that comes to mind for most folk

DynaRider
11-28-2014, 03:39 AM
Kenway's Inagua for sure. Inagua rearranged spells Iguana.

GunnerGalactico
11-28-2014, 09:03 PM
I guess Masayaf doesn't really qualify as a hideout, it's more like a fortress really. :p

In this poll I would have to say Monteriggioni and Davenport Homestead. I thought that Tiber Island was really cool too, but oh well.

Namikaze_17
11-28-2014, 09:10 PM
Davenport Homestead...

It's the least mysterious and it always felt like a home to me.

GoldenBoy9999
11-28-2014, 09:31 PM
This is a tough question. Many are awesome. I'm going to have to go with the Davenport Homestead though. I loved meeting the inhabitants and how the place advanced along the way. I agree with Nami that it feels like a home. I liked the idea of Connor returning to the Homestead to meet Achilles and relax. I found it had more use than others like Great Inagua. It was very cool aesthetically and theoretically, but I visited it very little as there was little reason to. I liked how Edward got a mansion of his own and the jungle was cool but there was less reason to visit it.

A close second for me is the Cafe Theatre because of its modern look. I feel like Arno could actually live a good life there and not feel like some peasant. I thought it was a pretty cool place with nicerooms.

Btw, you forgot Rogue's hideout although it was kinda bland.

Also, I liked the part in Rogue where, you visited the Homestead as Shay. That made the Homestead #1 for me. I'm glad it was a fairly big map and not just linear. It was a huge fan service.

Assassin_M
11-28-2014, 10:19 PM
Although from the list Monteriggioni because all of Ezio's family were there who you grow attached to throughout the game.
What did Claudia and Maria do that made you so attached to them? one sat behind a desk and the other was praying for 23 years, they literally did nothing in the game but cry and complain respectively. How does "them being there" have anything to do with the place itself? "throughout the game" Right, all 10 minutes of their face time.

SixKeys
11-28-2014, 10:34 PM
The Café Theatre is the least interesting hideout to me. It's introduced kind of late and there's no reason to get attached to it. The assassin council hang out in their little Batcave and I don't know any of the people staying at the Café personally. Even the Revelations hideout felt cozy with its incense burners and colorful fabrics, and my recruits would always be happy to see me. The Café layout is also extremely confusing. I can never be bothered to check on my Nostradamus armor progress because I can't remember how to get down there.

Assassin_M
11-28-2014, 10:38 PM
The Café Theatre is the least interesting hideout to me. It's introduced kind of late and there's no reason to get attached to it. The assassin council hang out in their little Batcave and I don't know any of the people staying at the Café personally. Even the Revelations hideout felt cozy with its incense burners and colorful fabrics, and my recruits would always be happy to see me. The Café layout is also extremely confusing. I can never be bothered to check on my Nostradamus armor progress because I can't remember how to get down there.
Yeah, as much as I love the little details to NPCs such as the maid and intendant, the relationship between people there feels too "professional".

rrebe
11-28-2014, 10:57 PM
Homestead. Even though it's quite a big area, it felt interesting and I really cared about the people and their stories. The homestead missions were quite nice, except the pig herding one. It was madness. :rolleyes:

Fatal-Feit
11-28-2014, 11:38 PM
Is there a way I can revote? I voted for the Cafe Theatre, but thinking back on it, the Homestead was much better. It had more story, better characters, etc.

I love the Cafe Theatre, but there wasn't a lot of context or valuable story to it. Renovating it was sort of out of the blue, especially the characters.

Megas_Doux
11-29-2014, 12:22 AM
I liked Monteriggioni, but I would not call it a hideout considering it that those big banners with the assassin insignia all over it xD.

SixKeys
11-29-2014, 01:09 AM
I liked Monteriggioni, but I would not call it a hideout considering it that those big banners with the assassin insignia all over it xD.

Yeah, when Cesare showed up in ACB, I was like: "...You know, maybe we shouldn't have these huge assassin banners broadcasting our presence to the world."

DisbandedBox359
11-29-2014, 01:16 AM
Yeah, when Cesare showed up in ACB, I was like: "...You know, maybe we shouldn't have these huge assassin banners broadcasting our presence to the world."

For some reason the assassin insignia must be broadcast to the world haha

GoldenBoy9999
11-29-2014, 01:46 AM

Well, I wouldn't say it's introduced late. I'm on sequence 5 and It's been there since at least sequence 3. It's not long after you get your robes. I don't visit the Assassin Council. I like it when the Intendant greets me but I didn't visit the Revelations hideout much. It felt too small. Part of it is that I'd hate to live it Constantinople but if I lived in the Cafe I might be alright. It is pretty confusing. I've got a few rooms down pat like the armor room though. It's the easiest for me to remember after the training room. It also looks the best imo with marble and rich decorations populating the Cafe.

Yeah, as much as I love the little details to NPCs such as the maid and intendant, the relationship between people there feels too "professional".

I agree. I wish someone would lighten up to Arno a little more.

SixKeys
11-29-2014, 02:02 AM
Well, I wouldn't say it's introduced late. I'm on sequence 5 and It's been there since at least sequence 3. It's not long after you get your robes. I don't visit the Assassin Council. I like it when the Intendant greets me but I didn't visit the Revelations hideout much. It felt too small. Part of it is that I'd hate to live it Constantinople but if I lived in the Cafe I might be alright. It is pretty confusing. I've got a few rooms down pat like the armor room though. It's the easiest for me to remember after the training room. It also looks the best imo with marble and rich decorations populating the Cafe.

I guess it felt late to me because by the time they officially introduced it, I had been running around doing side missions for several hours. Didn't even remember I didn't have a homebase.

It's nice that Arno has his own little room where he can sit down and read Elise's letters. I also like the little touches like leaning against the balcony railing, watching the stage plays, looking at the paintings on the walls and commenting on stuff in the trophy room.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2014, 02:35 AM
Even though I hate Unity sooooo much, I do like the Cafe Theatre best. None of the other hideouts really felt like home. I always thought Edward felt more at home on his ship or in a tavern. With the other assassins, I never really felt anywhere was home.

GoldenBoy9999
11-29-2014, 05:40 AM
I guess it felt late to me because by the time they officially introduced it, I had been running around doing side missions for several hours. Didn't even remember I didn't have a homebase.

It's nice that Arno has his own little room where he can sit down and read Elise's letters. I also like the little touches like leaning against the balcony railing, watching the stage plays, looking at the paintings on the walls and commenting on stuff in the trophy room.

I didn't know you could lean against the railing. I've stopped and watched a play for a minute but then left. It's probably because I went and killed people for some costumes but then they weren't wearing them when I next saw them. :(

SixKeys
11-29-2014, 06:11 AM
I didn't know you could lean against the railing. I've stopped and watched a play for a minute but then left. It's probably because I went and killed people for some costumes but then they weren't wearing them when I next saw them. :(

There's an achivement for it. You have to lean against the railing on the balcony in Arno's room and the achievement pops up.

D.I.D.
11-29-2014, 07:22 AM
Café Theatre. It's believable as a house, and it's got entertainments. Aside from the theatre, I often looked forward to coming back and collecting money to overhear conversations among the staff (although they don't really lead to anything in the end). There are great touches everywhere, like the ability to get served a coffee. The range of textures around the house in the building materials is an under-celebrated thing in the Paris buildings. I'm not sure if many people realise that they're getting drawn further into a house by the shininess of a lacquered globe, the highlights in marble columns, or the varnish of a wooden floor, but you do! (Speaking of which, there's one tiny fault in the house that still isn't fixed on PC - outside the office, there's a patch of marble flooring that flickers as though it's got a broken florescent striplight mounted above it, and Patch 3 didn't correct that yet.)

Great Inagua was really nice too, but the house itself didn't quite hang together as a living space, and the decoration was a bit jumbled and stuffed in. People and objects that you thought would do something did nothing.

UniteUnderPower
11-29-2014, 07:38 AM
Cafe theatre was the hub of everything and proved very useful. Why wouldn't anyone say it?

UniteUnderPower
11-29-2014, 07:55 AM
This is a tough question. Many are awesome. I'm going to have to go with the Davenport Homestead though. I loved meeting the inhabitants and how the place advanced along the way. I agree with Nami that it feels like a home. I liked the idea of Connor returning to the Homestead to meet Achilles and relax. I found it had more use than others like Great Inagua. It was very cool aesthetically and theoretically, but I visited it very little as there was little reason to. I liked how Edward got a mansion of his own and the jungle was cool but there was less reason to visit it.

A close second for me is the Cafe Theatre because of its modern look. I feel like Arno could actually live a good life there and not feel like some peasant. I thought it was a pretty cool place with nicerooms.

Btw, you forgot Rogue's hideout although it was kinda bland.

Also, I liked the part in Rogue where, you visited the Homestead as Shay. That made the Homestead #1 for me. I'm glad it was a fairly big map and not just linear. It was a huge fan service.

What is Rogue's hideout? You can spoiler-tag it if you want. I haven't played the game yet and have been kind of curious.

rrebe
11-29-2014, 10:47 AM
For some reason the assassin insignia must be broadcast to the world haha

Well it is a pretty insignia.. :rolleyes:

There's an achivement for it. You have to lean against the railing on the balcony in Arno's room and the achievement pops up.

It was kind of an accident when I got that trophy. I was just calmly admiring the hideout, went too close to the railing and *ping* I was merrily surprised. I love trophies like that :)

Great Inagua was really nice too, but the house itself didn't quite hang together as a living space, and the decoration was a bit jumbled and stuffed in. People and objects that you thought would do something did nothing.

Yeah the island was beautiful, but I rarely visited it. To me it felt like.. well, I didn't really have any feeling towards it to be honest.

RinoTheBouncer
11-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Monteriggioni
The Great Inagua
Masyaf

And it’s sort of a tie between Cafe Theatre and Davenport Homestead.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2014, 01:01 PM
I often looked forward to coming back and collecting money to overhear conversations among the staff (although they don't really lead to anything in the end).

I felt it was another (one of so many) missed opportunity that Arno doesn't get the chance to investigate the case of the gardener's house key, or help the young servant negotiate the dangerous streets of Paris, or find a cheaper source of seeds.

I think the Cafe Theatre is the best hideout of the lot (mostly because there are things to do, entertainments etc.), but it could have done with being a little less labyrinthine - it took me most of the game to figure out where everything was.

There are great touches everywhere, like the ability to get served a coffee.

How does Arno get a coffee?

VestigialLlama4
11-29-2014, 01:07 PM
My favorite hideout is The Jackdaw of course.

After that, the Island from Brotherhood and Masyaf from AC1.

UniteUnderPower
11-30-2014, 08:13 AM
AC4 would have been so much greater with seamless interiors. Imagine being able to seamlessly enter the captain's cabin on the Jackdaw! Same with Rogue.

LoyalACFan
11-30-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm going to have to go with Monteriggioni. It's the only one that really felt like the protagonist's home to me, probably because your renovations DRASTICALLY changed the way the city looked and felt. However, I think it might actually feel that way partially because of the more primitive mechanics, i.e. having to return there physically every time you wanted to swap out gear, place a codex page/Assassin seal, or pick up your money. It was tedious, but every time you wanted to do any of those things, you were actually forced to travel through the town on foot and admire your renovations. Unity makes you go get your money from the Cafe-Theatre as well, but you can just fast-travel there, hop into the window, grab it and run off. Not saying they should go back to AC2's annoying fetch-questy model of gear-swapping, but I really do think Monteriggioni felt more homey because of how frequently I traveled back there. But also, I think it had the best introduction of any of our hideouts. Mario walks you around the place and explains what every room is for in the story. Mary Read does sort of the same thing in AC4, but unlike the villa, there really wasn't any practical reason to go back to Great Inagua other than to admire how frickin awesome it looked.

So, before I ramble any more, my ranking goes like this.

1. Monteriggioni- the best, loved it even though it relied on cheap gameplay mechanics to get me to return
2. Great Inagua- looked awesome, but there really wasn't much reason to go back more than once
3. Davenport Homestead- most of the missions sucked and the crafting was horrendous, but it was really cozy
4. Galata Den- kind of pointless, but the design was cool
5. Tiber Island- kind of meh, don't really have much of an opinion on it
6. Cafe-Theatre- I really wanted to like this place, but I feel like they tried too hard to replicate AC2 without much thought. The layout is confusing, the renovations barely change anything, the gigantic glowing yellow bars on everything are annoying, and it definitely didn't feel like Arno's home. They barely even introduced it to us, it was literally just a popup menu saying "oh, BTW, the Council entrusted this place to Arno (for some reason, even though he's just a random apprentice), enjoy."

Pr0metheus 1962
11-30-2014, 10:18 AM
I always wish there were more people in the homestead - NPCs to interact with. The hideouts always seem so sterile because none of the NPCs really respond to you - not even in Unity. I always feel loneliest in the main character's supposed "home", whereas a real home has family and friends and things going on.

LoyalACFan
11-30-2014, 11:52 AM
I always wish there were more people in the homestead - NPCs to interact with. The hideouts always seem so sterile because none of the NPCs really respond to you - not even in Unity. I always feel loneliest in the main character's supposed "home", whereas a real home has family and friends and things going on.

Technically they do respond to you in some instances (e.g. Claudia when you open the ledger, or the Homestead recruits who greet you when you walk by). The problem is, these encounters tend to feel really unnatural and out of place. Particularly noticeable was in AC3; the residents (the named ones anyway) would always greet you as you ran past, but a soft-spoken "hello" feels like a really, really odd thing to say when I'm zipping past them at breakneck speed. Not to mention the little "skits" they do that you record for the Common Man journal or whatever. Right after the doctor finishes reading the letter to Diana saying that her father (or brother or something, I don't really remember) has died, she breaks down crying on her husband's shoulder. The three of them stand there sadly for a bit, and after a few seconds of that animation set, they all break formation and greet you with a hearty "MORNIN' CONNAH!"

Megas_Doux
11-30-2014, 03:08 PM
In the strict sense of the word, whereas I like Monteriggioni, it reminds me of this:

http://www.vegalleries.com/wbltd/35hideaway.jpg

Therefore I refuse to call a hideout.

I like the Cafe and Constantinople´s place the most.

Shahkulu101
11-30-2014, 03:39 PM
The Jackdaw.

The only useful hideout.

GoldenBoy9999
11-30-2014, 04:01 PM

I'd like to know this as well.

What is Rogue's hideout? You can spoiler-tag it if you want. I haven't played the game yet and have been kind of curious.

I honestly don't remember if it had a name. It was a large castle-like home by the ocean in new york. There was lots of templar insignias. There weren't many rooms, just enough to allow you to access your equipment. I only went in once on my playthrough but that's because I just went through the story of Rogue.

And it’s sort of a tie between Cafe Theatre and Davenport Homestead.

Yeah, I think I change my official stance to a tie between the two.

rrebe
11-30-2014, 08:01 PM

I'd like to know this as well.

inside spoiler tags in case someone wants to figure this out themselves
In Café Théâtre go lean against the desk where coffee is served, next to the lady who gives you missions. Stay there drinking for a while and watch a theater show. Best. Trophy. Ever. :cool: (Patron of the Arts)