PDA

View Full Version : Did the patch do any difference for you?

totte115
11-27-2014, 06:24 PM
I am just ****ing stunned.

NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER:

Still getting ******ly low FPS in the game overall, around 30-40FPS with AA turned off.

Rig:
i5 2500k @4,20Ghz
GTX 780 3GB (stable OCd)
SSD 250GB
16GB RAM

Literally not a single FPS more or less....What.The.Hell?

srenfinaldoom
11-27-2014, 06:27 PM
NOPE!, still can't even open my game, so nice with a patch to FIX FPS and other INGAME BUGS. Ubi plz fix the "ACU.exe - Entry Point Not Found" error.

MorusLP
11-27-2014, 06:33 PM
No difference here, still stuttering, FPS is anything but constant. Oh, and my game crashes now, so the patch kinda made it worse

totte115
11-27-2014, 06:34 PM
I am just STUNNED.

Zoethout_ehv
11-27-2014, 06:34 PM
still troubles, cant continue missions. keep on freezing when i come close to S4M1. see link:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B5907750C2C30CE!228&authkey=!AJDO3d-AurZxgwQ&ithint=video%2cmov

RO_DexteR
11-27-2014, 06:41 PM
hey,
I just downloaded the patch on pc and it stilll doens't work. it stll says ACU.exe stopped working. I bought the game day after release and i still cant play it.

from where you downloaded the 1.3 patch?

srenfinaldoom
11-27-2014, 06:50 PM
from where you downloaded the 1.3 patch?

You just press play on ACU then it will find the patch (If the game starts, that means your game already auto updated itself)

squidler80
11-27-2014, 06:55 PM
I am just ****ing stunned.

NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER:

Still getting ******ly low FPS in the game overall, around 30-40FPS with AA turned off.

Rig:
i5 2500k @4,20Ghz
GTX 780 3GB (stable OCd)
SSD 250GB
16GB RAM

Literally not a single FPS more or less....What.The.Hell?

Guys this patch was for bug stomping they said they are working on a performance patch for later.

wasd369
11-27-2014, 06:58 PM
hey,
I just downloaded the patch on pc and it stilll doens't work. it stll says ACU.exe stopped working. I bought the game day after release and i still cant play it.

same here:(

dnameless1
11-27-2014, 07:07 PM
Concerning the performance issues, I think they were pretty clear about those being fixed (hopefully) in a future patch.

AntiChrist7
11-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Made the game crash constantly while it didnt before....

Mr_Shade
11-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Concerning the performance issues, I think they were pretty clear about those being fixed (hopefully) in a future patch.

Indeed - general FPS issues are not currently fixed in the Update - only some very specific areas - they are being addressed in a future one.

'While you might notice some improvements to framerate as a result of Patch 3, we still have a future patch planned to further address framerate concerns.'

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-186297-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

If you still have ACU,exe issues - please check you have verified your files - you can do this in Uplay and Steam - this can solve a lot of crashes and if that does not solve the issue, please contact support.

It's important you are in direct contact with the support team, so they can check your hardware and see if there is any similarities to others which maybe causing the problem - and they can then highlight this to the team working on the updates!

wootwoots
11-27-2014, 08:38 PM
Indeed - general FPS issues are not currently fixed in the Update - only some very specific areas - they are being addressed in a future one.

Most needed patch ever.

zoeraster
11-27-2014, 08:56 PM
Was having great time until this new 'patch'. Has just got the Enigma Riddle Armor {finally..], and was looking forward to playing today ALL DAY because of Holiday. But as soon as the patch downloaded, now the game is broken. Really really crappy way to run a company. So much for forking over 80 bucks for 'Gold' edition. More like 'Lead'.

This may be the last time I waste my time and money on a Ubisoft game. Shame too, 'cause I was REALLY having some fun, and had just earned my new rank of 'Elite Champion'...and was actually RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of a great mission. Wish I never logged out to go eat 'cause I'd still be playing !

Oh well. Buyers beware. Go buy something else. Or you'll end up like me : 80+ hours into a game and then, low and behold, NO GAME. And I very much doubt that IF and WHEN they ever DO get around to making the game work again, my 'save' will be mysteriously have evaporated into thin air....just like as happened to me in 'Black Flag', which pissed me off sooo badly, that I never even bothered playing it again, because when you're already 80% into a game, and then you have to start the whole shiza over again....well...for me....that's a major turn off.

Again : Buyers beware. Go buy something else. This company is simply incapable of consistency or dependability. And yet, they have no problem charging TOP DOLLAR for a gaming experience that DOES consistently LET---YOU---DOWN.

sawatari123
11-27-2014, 08:59 PM
I didn't notice any changes cuz i'm still so focused on this horrible draw distance problem. And to be honest after instaling this "big" patch draw distance is even worse then before for me. I cant understand how this game can look so awesome when you're on the ground in narrow streets and in some building and then you climb on some roofs and the magic is gone when you (easly) notice those buildings from ps2... For me this is the biggest problem in ACU.

Sternzy222
11-27-2014, 09:15 PM
Nothing.

11 FPS with all settings on low including resolution as low as it will go. Is it possible to get a refund for this game? I bought it on Amazon.

My first AC game. Done with it before I even got a chance to play it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bq5k8ve08xsmg4n/Assassin%E2%80%99s%20Creed%C2%AE%20Unity2014-11-27-15-7-55.jpg?dl=0

DAIMONDAMPS
11-27-2014, 09:27 PM
It'a working for me - no crash after continue. If you cant read they adress a fps issue in patch 4!!!!!!! Stop complaining.

Dellers
11-27-2014, 09:28 PM
The answer is yes - coop now makes the game freeze/crash each time I try a mission with others. I can play them solo just fine, but with others it crashes after a few minutes. Really hard to do a 4 player 4 star coop level when I haven't even gotten the phantom blade yet, but I have to do it solo now. I had only experienced one crash while playing coop before, after the patch it's each time. It actually broke coop completely, which is pretty annoying.

L3TH4L1TY
11-27-2014, 09:31 PM
This last patch actually made it so i cant really play it at all. It did not really freeze for me before this patch and now its unplayable. I try to use a lock pick and i hit the button and it goes a second later, just wasting lock picks left and right. I when running I try and turn and it does a full 360 and i end up going all kinds of directions, forget chasing down criminals or thieves . In my opinion this patch screwed the game for me. I hear there will be a performance patch in the near future, if it does not fix this game i will not be wanting the dlc for free I will asking for a free game such as farcry 4 and god willing that game works....

thank you

Aenigmatix
11-27-2014, 10:13 PM
This patch was not intended to remedy all the FPS problems, so those of you (like me) who are waiting for those issues to be sorted out will have to continue being patient.

However, after installing Patch 3, I have noticed better frame rate performance. I'm currently at 92% Sync, and I've barely been able to run the game at the Medium Graphics setting.

After Patch 3, I'm running at High Graphics with much less stuttering. The FPS drops significantly still in certain areas (most of all when I'm in or around Cafe Theater or large crowds), so there's obviously still work to be done, which I'm sure Patch 4 will address.

Overall I'm not surprised this patch did not fix all the problems. Why am I not surprised? Because Ubisoft specifically told all of us that this patch would not solve everyone's problems. Of course, Ubisoft shouldn't have put themselves in this position to begin with had they released a properly working game in the first place. But that being said, I appreciate the customer support and reaction to the complaints so far.

If any of you who bought Batman: Arkham Origins remembers what it was like when that game was released and the ******** lack of response from WB and Splash Damage... then you'll agree the way Ubisoft is handling Unity is very refreshing.

MrZeroGood
11-27-2014, 10:19 PM
No difference for me too.
Cam/View still do what she want.

excobrapilot
11-27-2014, 10:19 PM
The patch completely broke the game, I was able to play with only minor problems, now it will not play at all. I just hangs and windows indicates it is nonresponsive. How do I get rid of the patch????

DAIMONDAMPS
11-27-2014, 10:34 PM
IPatch 3 is working for me "NOW" . But i dont know what will be the future. Consider this like a new Engine testing method:) If this engine will be without a bugs with next part of the game(and with ACU in the next few patches) - I can accept this and I will help ubi to resolve tech bugs by sending them logs and tech specs. I think they can just count on us - and our feedback to tech support.

HysoAlex
11-27-2014, 10:39 PM
Yes finally this patch resolve my problem!!!... was joking <.<.. i still can't play this game, this is my fps on cafè........and the situation isn't to much different in the other places.

My config:
Core i7 930 2,80Ghz
AMD Radeon HD 7970 VaporX Ghz Edition 3GB
Samsung Evo 840 250 GB
Asus P6T

http://i62.tinypic.com/35dc5df.jpg

DAIMONDAMPS
11-27-2014, 10:43 PM
Yes finally this patch resolve my problem!!!... was joking <.<.. i still can't play this game, this is my fps on cafè........and the situation isn't to much different in the other places.

My config:
Core i7 930 2,80Ghz
AMD Radeon HD 7970 VaporX Ghz Edition 3GB
Samsung Evo 840 250 GB
Asus P6T

http://i62.tinypic.com/35dc5df.jpg

Did you can read ?? Did you understand what you read?

Man.....:/
This patch has no adressing to the FPS. . Wait for the patch 4 if you only can play with 60 fps.

PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION OF THE PATCH!!!!!

mertduman1998
11-27-2014, 10:44 PM
Yeah it did a difference for me. Now I can't play the game. I'm stuck at "Checking for additional content" part for half an hour. Nice patch.

wootwoots
11-27-2014, 10:47 PM
still the sames issue with game stability...

when it work correctly i have 35+ fps (30fps in full crowd scene ) but sometime after somes loading screen or death.. game goes crazy and same for the camera that lead to a little freeze and a crazy movement. No counting that where i have 35+ fps "normaly" i go down to 25-26fps...

still totaly unstable.

EDIT : just had 2 crash in the same mission... Still a barely playable game -_-"

DAIMONDAMPS
11-27-2014, 10:53 PM
Sometimes someones of you sounds like:
" God damned - in this place I have 15 FPS - my world is colappsing - i dont know what to do with my life right now. Fixt it UBII!!!!"
Just play the game and if you fells you have a problem send the ticket to the support . This is much better way then still complaining.
If for examle 100 pesons send them the same issue they start to investigate. End you will help them with direct information with your config , software etc.

Beeing a dev is not so siple .....

wootwoots
11-27-2014, 11:49 PM
yeah well... when you start the story mission 6-1 and all goes "fine" with 30+fps and suddently the game decide to drop to.... TEN freaking fps because its look fun.... ENJOY the broken game..
And mainly.. enjoy finish the mission.. with fight and stuff at 10 f*cking FPS because you are nearly the end and if restart game.. guess its.. restart everything...

love it..

F1VESTARS
11-28-2014, 12:17 AM
Patch 1.3 made the game look worse for me. No gain in FPS. I Prefer how it was with 1.2.

Personne99
11-28-2014, 12:20 AM
Now my friends can invite me in their games, and we can do the co-op missions !

blohmkin175
11-28-2014, 12:27 AM
I can no longer load my saved game, don't know if its because of the patch or not but this just started happening today. Will only let me start from the beginning every time I open it. Back to dragon age for awhile I guess.....

JohnConnor2012
11-28-2014, 12:56 AM
I want to thank Ubi for making the effort and de facto free season pass, but my assassin stuck to scenery or froze three times during my 'Infernal Machine' run tonight and froze once more and took a dive through the floor into blue nothingness too during my 'Jacobin Club' playthrough. Not sure what the improvements are supposed to be..

(OT: The introduction of a phone app and 'free to play' diamonds--sorry, helix points--completely disgusts me. I won't buy any Ubi game incorporating such 'innovations' in future and would have cancelled my ACU pre-order if I'd known about it before buying).

NicoParasite
11-28-2014, 12:58 AM
I actually never had any problems with Unity,no graphics bug,no framerate issues no nothing,just those random 10 sec freezes and the constant pop-ins.Other than that the game runs perfect for me with everything maxed out,still i should be getting 60-80 fps but given how badly optimized this game still is im getting 35-45 fps wich is still good for me.
Back to the poll,the patch doesn´t feel like a big difference for me but it did fixed some noticable stuff though like the cover system,and the other npcs bugs.
Still waiting for Ubi to fix that awful draw distance!! i need that on the next patch.

YazX_
11-28-2014, 01:06 AM
As many said, this patch is not addressing FPS and performance rather than fixing reported issues and bugs, further more, its also mentioned that they are still working on fixing FPS and performance issues.

Regarding if i noticed a change or not, Parkour now is more fluid especially when they fixed the wrong direction ledge movement, i didnt try co-op but people reported that they can now play it properly.

Tanyn
11-28-2014, 01:40 AM
I'm tired of waiting for them to fix this. Every patch they've released has only made my game worse. I don't mean framerate issues either, for those that are readily waiting to jump on the troll wagon. I mean crashes that didn't happen before, bugs that didn't exist before. This game was, plain and simply, NOT ready to be launched ... and all they've done since release, is make it worse ...

On the bright side? Those who are tired of hearing me complain will be glad to know that I won't be here anymore ...

Screw this, Ubisoft had already lost my faith and confidence ... now they've lost my business. I'm off to play Dragon Age: Inquisition ... at least BioWare knows how to properly manage a launch, and they have a massive handle on optimization ... something Ubisoft desperately needs to learn.

AdventFenrir
11-28-2014, 02:01 AM
Sadly it appears I'm still experiencing some of the same issues I was before. Massive lag, game crashing, strange hair physics, ghostly apparitions, people missing hats but the feathers are still there, Arno will be unable to move or do any actions but I'm still able to turn the camera and go into the menus, sky and background graphics "flickering", and a few other minor things. I've kind of just been waiting around for patch 3 to come out, figuring it'd fix the major issues but seeing as I still can't play the game, I think I'll just wait for the next update to try playing again. It's not worth it to get worked up and angry that I can't play the game when I know those at Ubisoft are working to fix their blunder. I've tried everything listed on the forums and in the live update comments but so far, nothing's worked. So I'll just sit back and wait some more. I just hope they come up with a permanent, legitimate fix soon.

wootwoots
11-28-2014, 02:07 AM
Parkour now is more fluid especially when they fixed the wrong direction ledge movement,

Its hard to notice how parkour and other stuff are better when the game still run like [Removed]. I actualy had to keep quit / restart the game during more than 1hours because it still was starting with the buggest framerate ( ~20-24fps with terrific freeze and fps drop VS when all goes "right" i have a stable 34++ fps ) and the game freeze & camera crazy movements....

tho i could play a little hour "correctly" and i noticed more important frame drop than with the patch 1.2... randomly dropped to 26-27 in somes street... no speaking again about the sudden insane frame drop i described early...

personaly i tend to say that this patch turned the game worse for that point....

they better have to do a terrible good job for the next optimization patch... just imo

JacqueTheReaper
11-28-2014, 02:09 AM
It did fix everything for me. No strange hair physics, no more stuttering or framerate issues. Runs like a charm now. The only thing that is still annoying is the low texture draw distance. Everything that is farther away than 2 blocks has a very poor texture resolution.

NightmareGK13
11-28-2014, 02:31 AM
so far no acu.exe stopped working..

however... I do get huge pop up issues with npcs and some meshes :\ also getting some random lag spikes that I didn't have before

the poll should have an additional two options

yes for good
and
yes for worse

Smrda94
11-28-2014, 02:41 AM
So far so good !! Patch 3 fixed acu exe stopped working issue for me ... haven't seen any problem so far but played only for 30 min total last night ... gonna see in following days how it will develop ... waiting for dead kings DLC right now :)))

KimSul
11-28-2014, 03:05 AM
That patch actually fixed my game. Since the second patch, I couldn't open the game again, now I can. And Arno is no longer glitching through walls/floors. Though, my frame rate is still not fixed. Hanging around 20, but at least playable ^,^

For me, thank you Ubitsoft <3

AKM_44rdv4rk
11-28-2014, 03:10 AM
I was hopeful, but still can't get past s7m3... it just wont register keystrokes during that particular cutscene.

guess it's shelved until patch 4... or beyond.

TQWorld
11-28-2014, 03:13 AM
I am now getting some lag spikes that I never had before and I have encountered my first "ACU.exe stopped working" crash since before patch 1.

Phoenix_Blood
11-28-2014, 03:37 AM
YES it did make a difference i lost my Save file -_- if anyone has a sequence 11 + save file please upload it somewhere for me to download please... im dying here.. i want to at least finish the story. even though i lost all the collectibles and legend gear :(

strigoi1958
11-28-2014, 03:48 AM
YES it did make a difference i lost my Save file -_- if anyone has a sequence 11 + save file please upload it somewhere for me to download please... im dying here.. i want to at least finish the story. even though i lost all the collectibles and legend gear :(

save games on ACBF were linked to your account and couldn't be transferred, I'm assuming the same applies to Unity so nobody elses save game would work on your account :(

Toothless Spoon
11-28-2014, 04:24 AM
I want the pop-ins on the npcs to stop - they change their entire outfits right in front of me. I don't whether its an LOD issue or what - but it's too distracting to play, I can't even get past that to see whether any other bugs exist.

silverfall1986
11-28-2014, 04:29 AM
This is what happens when you buy ubifail games. What did you expect after they massacred watch dogs?

PunishedRated
11-28-2014, 04:32 AM
No absolutely nothing besides making the pause menu blank sometimes.

nagato.mutsu
11-28-2014, 05:14 AM
Game crashed while entering server bridge at the end of sequence 11 and I was stuck in Paris without any way of finishing the main missions. Still stuck after update 3. And Ubisoft support seems to be taking a very, very long break.

plasma06
11-28-2014, 05:44 AM
still getting the same fps 40-55 on high

catalyst 14.9
win 8.1 64bit
16gb ddr4

akshatezio
11-28-2014, 05:58 AM
yeah there are few improvements in fps but still it works only when playing offline but the fps remains same for me no matter what the resolution and graphics settings are it remains at 16-22 fps, when looking at ground or sky, i get 40+ fps but what i noticed is this too that the load on my system is very low

the gpu usage doesn't goes up more than 80% and normally remains at 50-60%, all of my cpu cores' usage remains at 20-40% and ram usage doesn't goes up more than 4.5gb even though i have 8gb ram and this problem has been from starting even when i didn't updated the game so please see to this issue because even watch dogs uses 99% of gpu, 6gb ram and more than 50% cpu

Base2Crown
11-28-2014, 06:26 AM
The new patch fixed the online/co-op bug! I can finally start the game without having to disconnect my net connection! :)

Unfortunately that's where the good news ends, I now get an annoying stutter every 4-5 seconds, my FPS in-game drops from a stable framerate of 45+ to 20 for a split second, it then catches up. This "stutter" is constant, even if I'm in the main menu... it gets VERY annoying and almost makes the game un-playable.

I don't know what's worse, not being able to play online while getting solid frames or get a new patch that fixes online features while adding an annoying stutter every 5 seconds -_- I'm almost ready to give up on ACU

My System:
CPU: AMD FX-8320 Vishera 8-Core 3.5GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 4GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Tonlukos
11-28-2014, 07:02 AM
stil freeze!!! all freeze!!!!
:(

buzzjpu
11-28-2014, 07:04 AM
Your poll needs two categories of "Yes." Yes - it actually improved performance. And Yes - It made it worse!

I am in the "Its worse" category. Before it was crappy and after a while the framerate would start to drop especially after cut scenes. But at least when starting the game I could play it. Now, it begins immediately on the start up. Absolutely unplayable and ridiculous. Such a joke. Why would a want a free game from a company that has so horribly botched a major release such as this. Ubisoft - Biggest freaking thieves in video games.

Ryan.leKaiz
11-28-2014, 08:48 AM
Doesn't work, my game still crash when I run fullscreen

Emanuel172
11-28-2014, 09:07 AM
OMG this new patch has made my Unity even worse. It was once playable and I was getting over 40 fps on all Ultra settings and now, I can not even sustain 25 fps.

GOOD JOB UBISOFT FOR SCREWING THIS ONE UP EVEN MORE.

TheSibep
11-28-2014, 09:37 AM
Yesterday I installed the new patch 1.3 , which perhaps does not solve anything , just adds more problems. Previously I had a trouble-free movement in the interior. Now, at the headquarters of Arno declines to 40FPS . Now also watch less visibility , Paris is now more immersed in fog , at least my feeling. If you solve the game performance by limiting visibility so it's really pathetic solution to the problem , which also does not work. Most FPS drops when change time of day morning and night . My PC Core i7-4770, 16GB 1600MHz, GTX970 ASUS Strix.

TheSibep
11-28-2014, 09:45 AM
Friends Ubi had us doing experimental monkeys!:mad:

kbbw
11-28-2014, 10:02 AM
So out of this i have to conduct that none of you acctually reads the patch notes?

Patch 1.3 was NOT supposed to fix fps it only focused on Bugs, COOP/MP, Some texture problems, adding the begin of the dead king items ect.

So please before all of you start bragging about the fps drops still there READ THE PATCH NOTES

UA_SOAP
11-28-2014, 10:07 AM
My FPS get higher about 5-10, I get less FPS drops, but as far as I can see new patch corrupted my saves and everytime I'll try to continue tha game it's crashed. So when I start new game it's also crashed after Eliza's father death(

YazX_
11-28-2014, 01:16 PM
So out of this i have to conduct that none of you acctually reads the patch notes?

Patch 1.3 was NOT supposed to fix fps it only focused on Bugs, COOP/MP, Some texture problems, adding the begin of the dead king items ect.

indeed, i will say it again, if you didnt notice any improvements in performance and FPS then its normal since this patch is not targeting those issues rather than bugs/glitches in game.

NightmareGK13
11-28-2014, 01:18 PM
indeed, i will say it again, if you didnt notice any improvements in performance and FPS then its normal since this patch is not targeting those issues rather than bugs/glitches in game.

but is it normal for the new patch to create issues where there were none before?
I am noticing unusual pop ups in npcs and meshes and lag spikes randomly.

YazX_
11-28-2014, 01:56 PM
but is it normal for the new patch to create issues where there were none before?
I am noticing unusual pop ups in npcs and meshes and lag spikes randomly.

this issue has been there since the release and strange you started to get it just now, i read an article 10 days ago AFAIR stating the problem with PC performance, the main issue is DX 11 drawcalls limitations since DX shields all low level access to hardware, i'm not sure if this is the real cause since no official statements about it has been issued and it might be all rumors, however Ubisoft issued multiple statements about their commitment to solve this issue in next and future patches and they are already working on patch 4.