PDA

View Full Version : think the patch is out?

Pal-DK
11-27-2014, 04:23 PM
so is the patch out?
uplay just told me an update is ready and i'm now in middle of updating ACU 1808 mb size.

can anyone confirm thats patch 3?

mirage357
11-27-2014, 04:34 PM
well I'm downloading it too so one would guess that yes it is patch 3

tomo92s
11-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Yes. This is the patch

mirage357
11-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Aaaaaaand I'm done see you all back in game......fingers crossed hopefully this patch see a lot of players return to the game!

FourthWallGames
11-27-2014, 04:49 PM
Let us know if the fps is more consistent, I am waiting to record this game but can't get a consistent 60fps at high settings. Once it is fixed I can do it. So let us know, thanks. :)

shadygiz
11-27-2014, 05:03 PM
hopefully this sorts out the random freezing i have been getting, not played this game for over a week as i wanted to see if the patch sorts it out.

jorimt
11-27-2014, 05:05 PM
I don't think this is the full "300+ fixes" patch, just part of it. this is what was in my readme file when the game finished updating:

################################################## ##############################
Ubisoft Entertainment
Assassin's Creed® Unity v1.3.0
################################################## ##############################
Fixed saves corruptions in some cases
Fixed temporal blur for SLI
Fixed graphical corruptions in Character Customization menu
Fixed crash in Character Customization menu on controller autoswitch
Alt+Enter switch window modes correctly
NPC on side monitors shows correctly
Minor UI improvements

Johny-Al-Knox
11-27-2014, 05:15 PM
I don't think this is the full "300+ fixes" patch, just part of it. this is what was in my readme file when the game finished updating:

Ubisoft Entertainment
Assassin's Creed® Unity v1.3.0
Fixed temporal blur for SLI
Fixed graphical corruptions in Character Customization menu
Fixed crash in Character Customization menu on controller autoswitch
Alt+Enter switch window modes correctly
NPC on side monitors shows correctly
Minor UI improvements

I think thas only the pc specific. I think the other things are included

SHIELD-R7B
11-27-2014, 05:15 PM
I hope fix the ACU.exe stop working....

shadygiz
11-27-2014, 05:16 PM
hopefully this sorts out the random freezing i have been getting, not played this game for over a week as i wanted to see if the patch sorts it out.

nope, random freezing is still present ;(

looks like i'll have to wait for another patch until playing

Pal-DK
11-27-2014, 05:19 PM
yeah din't fix anything for me either

jorimt
11-27-2014, 05:23 PM
I think thas only the pc specific. I think the other things are included

I'm not sure. This is what it said in the patch 3 post: "The rollout itself will be staggered across platforms and will come to PlayStation 4 tomorrow (Wednesday November 26th) and continue on to PC and Xbox One later in the week (though not necessarily releasing on a daily basis)."

Note the text in bold. I could be wrong, but looking at the latest patch notes in the readme file, along with the above line, makes me think this is only a portion of the 300+ fixes for patch 3. At least I hope, because I notice zero difference with the new patch.

mirage357
11-27-2014, 05:28 PM
Well its hard to say as I was getting pretty consistent FPS before hand, depending on what part of the city I was in and wasn't getting stuttering just the occasional freeze frame after a few hours of play. After this patch my FPS is pretty much the same. (I used the same locations to test as I have after the other patches) I can't comment on stuttering as previous patches fixed that for me. I will comment however on the fact that I got stuck air walking still, completely unable to move, had to fast travel to fix it, so this was not totally worked out. As already pointed out by shadygiz the random freezing must still be present though mine is fairly rare. I would have to play for a bit to see if I get one and I'm in Australia so I'm actually off to bed now not much I can say other than that.

i7-4790K (soon to be 4960x)----G.Skill RipjawsX 32GB 1600mhz----2x Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X 8GB in Crossfire

Pal-DK
11-27-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm not sure. This is what it said in the patch 3 post: "The rollout itself will be staggered across platforms and will come to PlayStation 4 tomorrow (Wednesday November 26th) and continue on to PC and Xbox One later in the week (though not necessarily releasing on a daily basis)."

Note the text in bold. I could be wrong, but looking at the latest patch notes in the readme file, along with the above line, makes me think this is only a portion of the 300+ fixes for patch 3. At least I hope, because I notice zero difference with the new patch.

i REALLY hope you are right, i won't believe that out of 300 hundred fixes, we only get lik 5-6 of them???

i read somewhere that the patch for the consoles have a size of 3.6 gb

MorusLP
11-27-2014, 05:54 PM
So, I've been testing around in some areas now, and, surprise surprise, nothing has changed for me!
There's still stuttering in most of the situations and the FPS is anything but constant. The only thing the update has brought me is, that my game now crashes after 5-10 minutes.
But hey, let's wait another one or 2 weeks until the next patch comes out, and hopefully this one will be solely focused around the performance issues.

dnameless1
11-27-2014, 07:10 PM
Concerning the performance issues, I think they were pretty clear about those being fixed (hopefully) in a future patch.

Blackred689
11-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Yeah, its clear if you read the notes, there's a ton of in house type bugs to do with all platforms that most will never encounter or notice but nice to have them fixed.

Specific mention for PS4 frame rate linked to online priority

What seems like a fix for all platforms regarding frame drops climbing the infamous stain glass window. Fix for drops Sainte Chapelle, fix for reproduced crashes

that's it guys, then you have some PC stuff

•Fixed temporal blur for SLI
•Fixed graphical corruptions in Character Customization menu
•Fixed crash in Character Customization menu on controller autoswitch
•Alt+Enter switch window modes correctly
•NPC on side monitors shows correctly
•Minor UI improvements

It's going to require much work and testing for other complaints

Javsp
11-27-2014, 07:57 PM
Are you talking about the Uplay version? My Uplay doesn't detect any update for AC Unity. I also have this problem with the last Far Cry 4 patch.

DAIMONDAMPS
11-27-2014, 07:58 PM
Patch 3 fixed my crash issue after old save loading. So for me it's working:) [PC]

Javsp
11-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Are you talking about the Uplay version? My Uplay doesn't detect any update for AC Unity. I also have this problem with the last Far Cry 4 patch.

I quote myself. I had to launch the game from Uplay directly in order to get the last patch (I added it to Steam manually and I was usually launching it from there).

jeje_71
11-27-2014, 08:48 PM
I quote myself. I had to launch the game from Uplay directly in order to get the last patch (I added it to Steam manually and I was usually launching it from there).

yep that did it, and it's not due to steam either, i have a version donloaded directly from uplay and if starting the game directly, the patch didn't pop. only if i got back to uplay and clicked on play, it updated to the last patch.

dnameless1
11-27-2014, 09:06 PM
yep that did it, and it's not due to steam either, i have a version donloaded directly from uplay and if starting the game directly, the patch didn't pop. only if i got back to uplay and clicked on play, it updated to the last patch.

This was the same with Watch_Dogs I think. I started that through a shortcut with some stuff behind the "command line" (disablepagefilecheck). Got updated once I started it directly through uPlay. Been a while, but I'm pretty sure that was the case.

We might consider that a sort of workaround, for those that wait for results from others and decide they don't want the specific new update ;)

That might not be a good idea for those that play multiplayer stuff alot, though.. And I'm not sure if that is what caused it, but uPlay claims the last game I played was Watch_Dogs, 6 months ago.. so it might break something.

Aenigmatix
11-27-2014, 10:08 PM
This patch was not intended to remedy all the FPS problems, so those of you (like me) who are waiting for those issues to be sorted out will have to continue being patient.

However, after installing Patch 3, I have noticed better frame rate performance. I'm currently at 92% Sync, and I've barely been able to run the game at the Medium Graphics setting.

After Patch 3, I'm running at High Graphics with much less stuttering. The FPS drops significantly still in certain areas (most of all when I'm in or around Cafe Theater or large crowds), so there's obviously still work to be done, which I'm sure Patch 4 will address.

dnameless1
11-27-2014, 10:20 PM
This patch was not intended to remedy all the FPS problems, so those of you (like me) who are waiting for those issues to be sorted out will have to continue being patient.

However, after installing Patch 3, I have noticed better frame rate performance. I'm currently at 92% Sync, and I've barely been able to run the game at the Medium Graphics setting.

After Patch 3, I'm running at High Graphics with much less stuttering. The FPS drops significantly still in certain areas (most of all when I'm in or around Cafe Theater or large crowds), so there's obviously still work to be done, which I'm sure Patch 4 will address.

If I may ask, do you have an AMD or a nvidia based graphics card?