PDA

View Full Version : So, free game? When? Where? Catch?

havicdog
11-27-2014, 10:09 AM
I bought the Gold Edition of AC Unity for ps4, I am perfectly happy with this apology. But I want to make sure I get my free game, where will I be notified of my chance to grab a game. Will I get it on Uplay on in game, will I get a message on Ps4, or will I get another email? Which ties into my next question. Will I be emailed at my ps4 account that I bought the game on or will i be emailed to my uplay email (i have two separate ones). Any and all help would be appreciated.

souNdwAve89
11-27-2014, 10:18 AM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-186650-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Kangaru14
11-27-2014, 10:39 AM
"We are currently setting up the system to process this offer. We will provide an update on how to claim your free game soon." -Ubisoft

Pr0metheus 1962
11-27-2014, 12:56 PM
There's no catch for those who bought the season pass, other than the fact that the way Ubisoft are handling things, it seems like they may not be planning to release any further DLCs after Dead Kings and the China platformer thingy.

For those who didn't buy the season pass, the catch is that apart from the Dead Kings DLC, all other DLC content will cost $$. So what Ubisoft may be doing is trying to make their money back by preventing any of the rest of us from getting a season pass.

havicdog
11-27-2014, 06:55 PM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-186650-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Ive been there before, that literally helped with none of my main questions.

tkarenko
11-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Ive been there before, that literally helped with none of my main questions.

Funny, because it states "We are currently setting up the system to process this offer. We will provide an update on how to claim your free game soon."

Your best bet is to keep an eye on the live blog for updates.

Mr_Shade
11-27-2014, 08:26 PM
For those who didn't buy the season pass, the catch is that apart from the Dead Kings DLC, all other DLC content will cost $$. So what Ubisoft may be doing is trying to make their money back by preventing any of the rest of us from getting a season pass.

Due to the removal of Dead Kings from the season pass offer [since people are getting it for free] - the Season Pass does not contain the amount of savings Ubsioft would like to give players to make it justifiable to sell as a bundle.

So, rather than continue to sell a Season pass - they have removed it.

To the OP - When there is news of how to claim the free title - we will make sure that people are aware - currently they are still working out a process.

Until that time - please bear with us and watch the official sites for more details.

This is the information on the Live Update site - as pointed out already ;)

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-186650-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

'We are currently setting up the system to process this offer. We will provide an update on how to claim your free game soon.'

DeanOMiite
11-27-2014, 08:35 PM
For a free title, might I suggest Child of Light. The game was a little short, but in my opinion it was a masterpiece! Gorgeously done, great world and great style, and an incredible soundtrack.

As for Ubisoft's apology...frankly, I think it's pretty awesome. People, myself included, have bashed Ubisoft for their perceived lack of customer service and lack of attention to forumers and all of that stuff for years and with this they FINALLY stepped up and are like "yeah, we blew it, and we'd like to make it up to you." It's all we can ask for (aside from maybe delaying release to make sure the game is bug free I guess) in this situation and I'm very happy to see this done this way, even though I chose not to buy the season pass. This was an integrity move.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-27-2014, 08:59 PM
It would be great if the apology came with a refund of the $60 that I wasted on this game. As far as I'm concerned, the apology and the free stuff is all just PR. Let's not forget, this is a corporation, not a person, and a corporation doesn't have a conscience, nor does it do stuff out of embarrassment over its mistakes. A corporation makes decisions like this for one reason - money - to either make it or to prevent the loss of it. That is a legal requirement for a corporation, and their investors can sue if the corporation does anything to lose the investors' money. So let's not get all sentimental.

They had their chance to do the right thing and they blew it when they knowingly released an unfinished game as a cynical money-grab. Now they're just trying to minimize the damage they've done to their profitability. Maybe some folks are taken in by that. Not me.

GoldenBoy9999
11-27-2014, 09:05 PM
You know, it's cool how they let us keep the game AND get a new one. I can just imagine some people asking to trade there's in for a different Ubisoft game but they're actually letting you have both. I almost feel guilty for getting another free game, I'm just that kind of person.

I'm done with the forums for right now. Hopefully when I get back we'll be able to get the free game. Stay calm guys.

meijdsan
11-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Due to the removal of Dead Kings from the season pass offer [since people are getting it for free] - the Season Pass does not contain the amount of savings Ubsioft would like to give players to make it justifiable to sell as a bundle.

So, rather than continue to sell a Season pass - they have removed it.

To the OP - When there is news of how to claim the free title - we will make sure that people are aware - currently they are still working out a process.

Until that time - please bear with us and watch the official sites for more details.

This is the information on the Live Update site - as pointed out already ;)

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-186650-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

'We are currently setting up the system to process this offer. We will provide an update on how to claim your free game soon.'

I have a question about this if anyone knows the answer:

I bought the season pass code on launch day (Nov.11) from Gamestop with receipt, but I've only redeemed the code today. Will I still be eligible for the free game?

The ACU free game FAQ didn't specify a cut off date for owning the season pass, so I assume that anyone who still has a code now can still enter it and be eligible?

meijdsan
11-28-2014, 05:34 AM
Bump

Rafe Harwood
11-28-2014, 05:50 AM
I tihnk, because the season pass is no longer available to buy, just having one shows that you got it before the cut off point and hence will be eligible.

However... don't quote me. I'm just thinking logically ;)