PDA

View Full Version : whats the point in imersive worlds UBI?

brider1
11-26-2014, 06:37 AM
Ok UBI.
I'm trying to understand what the point of going to all the trouble in trying to create an immersive game world like paris you got it nearly spot on I feel like im almost there when the game works properly.

then I open a GOD DAM CHEST and it kicks me to a F(*$%IN webpage for some stupid facebook style game! I mean why even bother if I wanted to play a facebook game i'd play one I play games to be immersed in the story and gameplay not to be kicked to a webpage every 2 seconds cos ive try to open a chest.
and Im sure im not the only one

just something to consider.

Tanyn
11-26-2014, 06:40 AM
If you're looking for consistent immersion ... you bought the wrong game :c The App and Initiates will prevent that entirely. It sucks, and it's a real **** move on Ubisoft's part (especially since it shows that they, in fact, weren't listening to us at ALL) ... but it is the unfortunate reality of Assassin's Creed: Unity.

DanonMight
11-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Yup. I was feeling more like playing facebook than actual game, I reached sequence 2 and no thank you. Going back to Dragon Age

nonamename1
11-26-2014, 07:53 PM
good, gtfo, we need a lot less little crybabies here.

DanonMight
11-26-2014, 08:08 PM
So you are ok with playing one game on 2 devices, that does not ruin the immerse for you? Oh wait maybe u are just a fresh gamer ( or probably young which suits your response style) that swallows everything that developers throw at you.

Altair1789
11-26-2014, 09:08 PM
I don't think the immersion is ruined by the apps. I think if you want a game for complete immersion, Assassin's Creed isn't for you. Sure, it's pretty historically accurate, it's got huge buildings, but I don't see why it had to go from story focused to gameplay and immersion focused. I hope Unity is the only AC game that barely focuses on story in favor of immersion