PDA

View Full Version : One of the worst games ever

tdtdtdtd
11-25-2014, 10:58 PM
I think it's clear what happens when a company becomes money hungry. Ubisoft started the AC series on an incredible note, with the culmination of Assassins Creed 2. After that game, each subsequent game has been progressively worse. I just finished this game and not even counting the bugs, it's just awful. It ended very fast, no closure, nothing. Get in get out, get your money. Congratulations on this turd Ubisoft. I hope your stock continues plummeting until you learn that quality games make you money, money doesn't give you the leeway to make crap.

Altair1789
11-26-2014, 12:52 AM
Call me a sucker, but I'm giving Ubisoft a couple more chances. AC4 and Unity were both very fun, but I disliked their stories a lot. I'm hoping the next AC game is going to be more story focused than city focused, and I really hope Alex Hutchinson creative directs one of the next few AC games. If the next couple games don't have a decent and long story, I think I'm going to be done with this series. I really hated Unity's main storyline and mission length.

tdtdtdtd
11-26-2014, 01:02 AM
I absolutely loved Black Flag but it wasn't an assassin game at all. One of the best adventure games i've ever played though. But Unity was garbage. So you finish your last mission and...That's it? No talking to the people who had you in the animus, absolutely no more mention of the Sage.. Nothing.

Jdeadevil
11-26-2014, 01:10 AM
I'm at sequence five, and apparently this story doesn't drive any of the plots started in the previous game. I hate how they've pretty much taken the modern day gameplay out altogether. It was amazing when you could play as Desmond in the middle of AC3, now apparently nobody wants to see modern gameplay, and that sucks. Even the first person bits in Black Flag were interesting.

bustin-ya
11-26-2014, 01:20 AM
AC3 was good, black flag was real good. This game could have been good. But nothing was finished.
The story line was crap. Ended Way too soon. 30% and game over. Plus SO many glitches.
A big let down in so many ways. Too bad, cause it could have been great if it wasn't rushed.

tdtdtdtd
11-26-2014, 01:45 AM
AC died with Desmond, honestly. Now they're just winging it.

rakowozz
11-26-2014, 05:57 AM
I don't care how many more dozens of Assassin's Creed game they release. I'm done.

USAdystopia
11-26-2014, 06:01 AM
We'll probably be hearing the same people complain about the game three months after they first told us they "hated" the game.

nonamename1
11-26-2014, 08:26 AM
We'll probably be hearing the same people complain about the game three months after they first told us they "hated" the game.

lol no doubt

Jdeadevil
11-26-2014, 05:13 PM
AC died with Desmond, honestly. Now they're just winging it.

Absolutely agree. Desmond was a huge part of the story, now they just seek out excuses for you to play as ancient ninjas. From what I gather, they captured another sage (clone of Atla), not the one who killed himself at the end of ACIV:BF, and they want you to track down another sage (through Arno) to further investigate, and the sage happens to be guy who was behind the murder of Elise's father.

The plot has completely turned from the evil templars of the modern day, to taking down Godzilla Juno.

DanonMight
11-26-2014, 07:21 PM
I actually like the game itself. Only AC that i did not like was with Connor. Only thing I do not understand is forcing me to use app on my phone to unlock everything... Seems stupid and pointless but as far as people will use It they will continue to do It and next AC games will be even more harder to play. Come on im a completionist and I need 2 devices to play one game, where is the logic?

nonamename1
11-26-2014, 07:48 PM
If you have Windows 8 just d/l the app from the store. And, also, who the f doesn't have a smart phone these days? You can afford a high-end PC, and the $60 to play this game but you don't have some cheap crappy Android phone? C'mon you're full of it man.

They added the companion app because it's awesome that's why. it's extra content for people to enjoy. I really like it, the artwork in it is awesome, the puzzles are cool, and graphics are cool. I use it as a map on my tablet as I play the game and it tracks your movement. It's pretty slick the way it works.

It's got a few bugs, namely the one annoying me is that I purchased premium and it doesn't show premium anymore. I hope they fix that.

But, just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't as well.

tdtdtdtd
11-26-2014, 07:49 PM
Not really, but we'll probably continue making fun of all the AC homers out there.

nonamename1
11-26-2014, 07:50 PM
Not really, but we'll probably continue making fun of all the AC homers out there.

da heck is an "AC homer"

tdtdtdtd
11-26-2014, 07:52 PM
Someone who refuses to see the flaws of the game (as voiced by the majority of the people who got it), claims he loves it and criticizes those who don't.

DanonMight
11-26-2014, 08:13 PM
I clearly see that noname is a typical Fanboy. App is fine and fancy but what we are complaining about is the forcing of STOPPING playing becouse we have to use the app on whatever device, you seem to not understand It, you probably do not even know what immersion is.

nonamename1
11-27-2014, 12:03 AM
I clearly see that noname is a typical Fanboy. App is fine and fancy but what we are complaining about is the forcing of STOPPING playing becouse we have to use the app on whatever device, you seem to not understand It, you probably do not even know what immersion is.

I'm not a fanboy, in fact, I don't care what company makes what games. I don't care about the company or the way they communicate to customers. I care about using the limited time I have during the day and weekends to game to be good. And this game is the spit.

And to tdtdtdtd, I don't think you can say the majority of AC Unity players are voicing about flaws. Do you have the actual numbers, or are you just making stuff up? I think you screamers and whiners are actually the vocal minority. Because most people don't want to argue with you guys because you're so childish and selfish sounding. And you resort to cheap argument flaws constantly most people just give up engaging you... probably like your parents did, which is why you complain about... video games.

Anyway, I LOVE the app because I can play some AC when I'm not at home. Check in on stuff, look up the encyclopedia entries while gaming on my tablet. And, It's a second screen like Xbox glass or the Wii U controller thingie when I'm on the PC. How can you not love that? Because of some optional chests?

LOL first world problems guys.

I don't get why you'd complain about more content. As someone else said, if you want immersion maybe these games aren't for you.

Also, I'm going to say, you guys take gaming way too seriously, lol. I think it's kinda sad.

eternalsoul201
11-27-2014, 01:14 AM
I been trying to tell people as well the game is garbage

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/960600-ACU-Controls-Suck-DAInquisition-just-made-my-point-Ubisoft-you-gave-us-nothing

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953444-im-not-sure-if-this-game-qualifies-as-moving-forward

eternalsoul201
11-27-2014, 01:31 AM
If you have Windows 8 just d/l the app from the store. And, also, who the f doesn't have a smart phone these days? You can afford a high-end PC, and the $60 to play this game but you don't have some cheap crappy Android phone? C'mon you're full of it man.

They added the companion app because it's awesome that's why. it's extra content for people to enjoy. I really like it, the artwork in it is awesome, the puzzles are cool, and graphics are cool. I use it as a map on my tablet as I play the game and it tracks your movement. It's pretty slick the way it works.

It's got a few bugs, namely the one annoying me is that I purchased premium and it doesn't show premium anymore. I hope they fix that.

I don't have a smartphone smartass, I don't feel like paying 5-600 dollars for a phone anymore that you drop once and that's that. and why would you like it. if your buying a game to play on your pc, that you'll also need to DL an app to your phone to unlock sh*t from your pc game WTF is that all about. it's just plain ******ed. just like the ******s who made the game, just sitting there wiggling the paddle with there tongues hanging out...
and that companion app that's awesome dude could have also been part of the game content instead of on a phone app..thanks for letting everyone know your just as ******ed
as the Fu*khead ******s who made the game.. shutTFU bit*h

nonamename1
11-27-2014, 07:05 AM
I don't have a smartphone smartass, I don't feel like paying 5-600 dollars for a phone anymore that you drop once and that's that. and why would you like it. if your buying a game to play on your pc, that you'll also need to DL an app to your phone to unlock sh*t from your pc game WTF is that all about. it's just plain ******ed. just like the ******s who made the game, just sitting there wiggling the paddle with there tongues hanging out...
and that companion app that's awesome dude could have also been part of the game content instead of on a phone app..thanks for letting everyone know your just as ******ed
as the Fu*khead ******s who made the game.. shutTFU bit*h

was the name calling really called for man? You know you can get a smart phone for like 50 bucks now?

The companion app being a separate app is what makes it so cool. Like I said in my post, it's a second screen, like Xbox Glass. You could not do that stuff if it was integrated into the game.

(I don't believe you don't have a smart phone btw)

mirage357
11-27-2014, 09:25 AM
As nonamename1 says who in the hell spends money on even a half decent computer and plays games all year round but has yet to fork out for a $50 smartphone....generally my answer would be kids but I don't think that is the case here. Here I say its a case of lazy fan boy gamers that went OH! OH! OH! the next AC i want it!!!

I've made this case to many people and all I ever get is these same smart arse vulgar answers. Anyone who didn't know the details of the Companion app before the game was released is one of those silly games who buys a game without doing any research on it first. It was well explained that you would have to use features of the app to collect stuff. Yet people with "NO" ability to access the app still went out and brought the game. Its their own stupid fault.

Proof has it that many gamers are having a great experience with this game. The story, game play, FPS, App, The LOT!!! So if something isn't working for you it's a problem on your end (doesn't mean "they" can't fix it for you) See the story and gameplay you don't like it well that's your opinion. FPS or APP well its probably something to do with your hardware or lack there of in most cases.

strigoi1958
11-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Smatphones in the UK start around 60 so in the USA that will be starting at $60... You will not be getting a samsung S5 but it's an option ;) also ebay is full of chinese 7 and 10 inch tablets for slightly more and at least you can actually see on the bigger screen

There is also Bluestacks which is like a virtual android on your PC.

I think this is to replace the modern section of the game.. we become subject 19 (or whatever number we're up to :confused:) in ACBF you had to leave the animus and go to other PC's and hack (play a game) and now instead of doing it as at a virtual PC, you do it in real life on a tablet or smartphone... or use bluestacks.

For me it is great because I can skip all that stuff, it has nothing to do with being Arno, but a lot of people are compelled to do 100%
I personally cannot understand why I would need to leave my game on the PC (and leave it running) and then either use a phone, tablet or another pc program to play outside the game in order to be able to do something in the game.
The idea of replacing the modern day character with ourselves is clever but I think some people might not get it.

Let's hope Ubi don't release a game next April fools day and say to get 100% we have to upload a video of ourselves upside down drinking water for 10 seconds... youtube would crash under the strain ;)

Sejdovic11
11-27-2014, 01:11 PM

Hahaha, are you serious brother? NO! THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! IT'S NOT AWSOME! IT'S NOT ENJOYABLE! IT'S NOT COOL TO LOCK YOUR IN-GAME CONTENT BEHIND WEAK *** APP.

I mean W H A T? I paid for my game 60€, I don't want to see locked content in there ok? I unlocked it when I bought my game. OK, I wouldn mind to have it as your "second screen" like it could be used in AC4:BF. You could also send your fleet to missions and you wouldn't have to go on your ship, yeah that's cool I admit it. But locking in-game content behind the app? Are you serious or what? What's so good about it? I don't mind if they put minigames on it, so you can earn a little more in-game money through your app and stuff if you want, but please, don't lock something that we already paid for behind your stupid app. They could create a little more story for "extra content for people to enjoy" and that's it. I don't want to grind my *** of because I would like to enjoy the city by travelling through it and collecting some collectable things on my way. Now I have to play on 55000 systems, my phone, my tablet, my PC, my console just to enjoy ******* game? Oh, c'mon brother...

Erfivur
11-27-2014, 01:23 PM
I'm enjoying the game.

I don't think this is entirely bad game design, i think it IS entirely bad marketing however.
It's clearly released too early.
The game has bugs enough to prevent a lot of people playing at all. (Thankfully my core game has been mostly smooth sailing(pc))
No single element of the entire package is finished and by this I mean, the companion App isn't finished, Initiates has been in "Alpha" for years now and as far as i'm aware has not come out of Alpha for any single game it's been running side-by-side with.

The biggest problem I have though is that they had time enough to release the game in two dozen flavours. There are so many different versions of the game you can get with varying degrees of "exclusive" content and yet... the core product was flawed.
How can you start coming up with a single alternative "edition" of a game when the standard one isn't ready to go yet? It's craziness imo.

Is this the worst game?
No!
Is this the worst managed game?
Oh yes!

The apology is a good first step but they're going to have lost a fair bit of trust that they're going to have to fight to get back in the next year or so.

Goldmcdigger
11-27-2014, 04:13 PM
I concur on the external app being total suckage. First off it is broken garbage. Second, I don't want to use a ******* phone app to play a game on my xbox one.