PDA

View Full Version : Who's for better map filters?

Pr0metheus 1962
11-25-2014, 07:25 PM
In my opinion, the map filter system is fairly useless. There are about six options (I don't have it in front of me), five of which are completely useless, because they don't actually filter anything out. Can we not have a filter, like basically every other game has, that allows us to show only one item type for each filter choice?

The "All" filter is fine, and the "Mission" filter works fine too, but if I'm looking for anything else - e.g. chests, there's no way to sort them out from all the other stuff on the screen. This needs to be fixed.

Who's with me?

DeanOMiite
11-25-2014, 08:04 PM
I haven't gotten far enough into the game where this is really a problem for me, but for whatever reason Ubisoft never seems to get the user interface right in an AC game. Trust me, I'm an AC fan boy and aside from smoke bomb in previous MP games and the entirety of Assassin's Creed Revelations, I've had next to no complaints about AC games. But the menus are always just seem more complicated than they need to be. I think Ubisoft just packs too much into a game and there's no elegant way to manage it. Less is more, in this case.

That being said, you could filter down to the type of specific item/marker in AC2 and AC3 and AC:all-of-them, so why not now? Seems silly to me.