PDA

View Full Version : Petition: Compensate the Assassin's Creed Unity Players with a Free Season Pass

TimotheusFlavii
11-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Please, all sign this petition: https://www.change.org/p/yves-guillemot-compensate-the-assassin-s-creed-unity-players-with-a-free-season-pass

Maybe with this, Ubisoft will finally do something about this mess they call a game.

Please share this petition on as many websites as possible.

mikeyf1999
11-25-2014, 11:44 AM
How about no?

MonkeySeeker
11-25-2014, 12:06 PM
People always trying to get something for nothing.

topeira1980
11-25-2014, 12:18 PM
whenever you buy a product that is broken there is a reasonable chance you will get a conpensation.
if i buy food and it is spoiled or went bad before the expiration date i will usually get a replacement for that food. a compensation.
if i buy a microwave and it doesnt work as intended i either get a replacement to a functional microwave or a compensation.

why not games? the game doesnt work as intended. the product is faulty.
why should we let companies get away with it every time? before it was battlefield 4, and simcity 4.... now AC:U....
i think companies should be accounted for the quality of their product. this isnt just one microwave for one person that is broken. it's the microwave line that affects a decent amount of the buyers.

i think the phrasing of the petition is not respectful enough, even toward the company we resent, but i think a certain type of compensation is due.

Anykeyer
11-25-2014, 12:54 PM
I dont need a second season pass, ty. Please send me a check for $100.
At any rate, if the product is faulty why do you want more of it?

Vestmann
11-25-2014, 01:14 PM
You are owed a working game. You can't expect to get a working game plus something else. I've played this game for 50+ hours and despite its bugs I've enjoyed it more than a lot of other games. Totally worth the $60 IMO.

strigoi1958
11-25-2014, 01:23 PM
I have no problem with the game, I think the problems lie with the addons like the app and initiates... Ubi just needs to make an option to turn them off. Hide the gold and blue chests and different outfits then say "if you want these you can turn them on, they may or may not be fully functional" then people who want it can have it. I don't think they belong in the game at all.

Aphex_Tim
11-25-2014, 02:06 PM
You can't be serious...

topeira1980
11-25-2014, 03:38 PM
You are owed a working game. You can't expect to get a working game plus something else. I've played this game for 50+ hours and despite its bugs I've enjoyed it more than a lot of other games. Totally worth the $60 IMO.

no no. maybe YOU own a working game but dont tell him his game is working. nor does MINE.
OUR game does NOT work.
the problems (bugs, performance, game locking up, freezing, cant connect to online servies, cant use the effing app, saves are deleting etc) ARE real. just because YOU had a smooth sail doesnt mean that all the complains on the forums (and there are TONS over TONS of complains) are false.

dont get me wrong - the game underneath the none-wroking-ness of it all is awesome. i'd be super happy if the game worked properly.

but it doesnt.

and im not the only one who's mad.

Lignjoslav
11-25-2014, 03:41 PM
All things considered, it would be a nice token of care for the most loyal (and the most affected) if they threw some DLC at us.

And yeah, we would like to play (more) AC. The problem with Unity has never been that the virtual Paris that the artists created was not beautiful. The problems are/were game-breaking bugs at launch (now thankfully mostly squashed), less horrible bugs (some of which still remain), performance issues (especially on AMD hardware, but not limited to it, as even a lot of PS4 people are complaining), companion app and site, both broken at launch and both still buggy...

mmac900
11-25-2014, 03:47 PM
no no. maybe YOU own a working game but dont tell him his game is working. nor does MINE.
OUR game does NOT work.
the problems (bugs, performance, game locking up, freezing, cant connect to online servies, cant use the effing app, saves are deleting etc) ARE real. just because YOU had a smooth sail doesnt mean that all the complains on the forums (and there are TONS over TONS of complains) are false.

dont get me wrong - the game underneath the none-wroking-ness of it all is awesome. i'd be super happy if the game worked properly.

but it doesnt.

Do you meet all the minimum specs? if not, then you really have no leg to stand on.

I exceed the recommended requirements and it runs mostly fine for me.

topeira1980
11-25-2014, 04:16 PM
Do you meet all the minimum specs? if not, then you really have no leg to stand on.

yes. i do.
and the minimum requirements are a joke. they are a cover up for the horrendeous optimization. there is no reason that you will need a hardware much stronger than the consoles to run a game the consoles can run. the minimum requirements are far superior to the ps4, for example, yet run the game worse. not to mention all the bugs that are beyond performance.
and ppl who exceed the requirements and get, say smooth 40fps, should understand that if the game was properly made, they would've gotten over 60. personally i dont need over 60. i dont even need over 40. but my over minimum rig cant even get beyond 30. there has never ever ever been a game that performed so bad. again - im not the only one. the press is well aware, blogs, youtube shows, other users... this is well common knowledge that the game is not complete. might be really close to completion. but not there yet.

NightmareGK13
11-25-2014, 04:55 PM
you got my support, this has been a shameful release, basically everyone with working games are saying the ones without working games shouldn't complain? yeah right...

acu crash error really? playing offline worked until today, now even in offline mode it crashes... inexcusable and had about enough of this ****

Anonua
11-25-2014, 05:24 PM
I think season pass maybe a little far.... But I'll take some Helix points for the issues, I think that'd be fair.

Vestmann
11-25-2014, 05:33 PM
OUR game does NOT work.

but it doesnt.

...and free DLC for a game that doesn't work for you would help you how? If your game is unplayable then try for a refund, don't use it as an excuse to get stuff for free.

topeira1980
11-25-2014, 06:24 PM
...and free DLC for a game that doesn't work for you would help you how? If your game is unplayable then try for a refund, don't use it as an excuse to get stuff for free.
i didnt ask for more content for the game. that was the OP. but there is a part of me that would take free DLC for a few reasons -
UBI would want me to keep playing ACU and would prefer giving me free DLC rather than giving me a refund. a refund costs them more and make me leave their product. so it's easier to expec free DLC.
also i come out of the assumption that at a certain point the game WILL work, after fixed but that is a hypothetical situation in the future that might and might not happen. right now i have a product that doesnt work as it should. i paid 50$ for something. im not getting that something that was promised. that is NOT RIGHT. as bloody simple as that.
it's like if i buy an electrical device that doesnt work as promised i should get it fixed for free under it's warranty AND get a compensation of some sort. most companies would grant a customer a voucher for his next purchase, for example, to show the costumer that they regret giving him a malfunctioning product and willing to take RESPONSIBILITY so he continues buying from that company.
my dad once bought white cheese package but that cheese was bad from the get go. he went to the supermarket and not only got a replacement for the white cheese package but also a free package of some other product as a compensation of them not conduction their business properly, forcing him to either eat a bad product, or having him NOT eat the product he wanted and perhaps having to go all the way back to the supermarket and deal with costumer support in order to sort this out.
when a company doesnt deliver on what it's supposed to deliver they are creating an INCONVENIENCE to their paying costumers. is that a concept that is hard to grasp?
most companies will compensate if they cause inconvenience. it's really simple and not unheard of.

i hate it when ppl who have the game working make it seem like everything is fine with it just because THEY cant see where it isnt. you guys sound like this:
"i dont know why ppl are complaining about wars and world hunger and expecting the governments to stop fighting or provide them with cheaper food. i've been alive for 30 years and i was never hungry and never in a war so those complainers are talking out of their @sses. i also dont think ppl who got their house burned due to electricity malfunction should get any compensation and should seriously stop complaining. i never had my house burned once, and i've been using electricity for so long and had zero problems. also what's with all those jewish holocaust survivers getting compensation from germany?! i know some really old jewish ppl and they were never at the holocaust so all that story is BS".

ShootRawGuy
11-25-2014, 07:09 PM
OUR game does NOT work.

but it doesnt.

+1 Amen!!!

Are you for real? I guess my computer eats yours. Still I got problems. And to the guy mentioned chests from app and stuff. Not the problem. Ubi said it was something about adding co-op contacts you met inside the game. Player you meet and add in "My Contacts". So yes. This is a problem Ubisoft made. "you can play this game. BUT DON'T go there and there, DON'T add contacts in the game......and so on. This is not a working game. Yes it looks great, and feels great. But still it's a non-working game. Link to the post from Ubi about the issue making our acu.exe crash when we play in online mode: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-185876-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

mmac900
11-25-2014, 11:45 PM
yes. i do.
and the minimum requirements are a joke. they are a cover up for the horrendeous optimization. there is no reason that you will need a hardware much stronger than the consoles to run a game the consoles can run. the minimum requirements are far superior to the ps4, for example, yet run the game worse. not to mention all the bugs that are beyond performance.
and ppl who exceed the requirements and get, say smooth 40fps, should understand that if the game was properly made, they would've gotten over 60. personally i dont need over 60. i dont even need over 40. but my over minimum rig cant even get beyond 30. there has never ever ever been a game that performed so bad. again - im not the only one. the press is well aware, blogs, youtube shows, other users... this is well common knowledge that the game is not complete. might be really close to completion. but not there yet.

I get between 45-55fps 90% of the time wiht gtx 970, all max settings (except txaa). I will be the first to say that this game was not done properly and has a ****ton of bugs and glitches, but it is demanding and I am not surprised the requirements are this high. All those npc's, no loading screens, huge and detailed city - this IS the most demanding game ever made.

tdtdtdtd
11-25-2014, 11:48 PM
This is the biggest waste of $60 I've ever spent, you'd have to be insane to buy any addons to this awful game.

NightmareGK13
11-26-2014, 12:02 AM
This is the biggest waste of $60 I've ever spent, you'd have to be insane to buy any addons to this awful game.

whole heartedly agree

the petition on the other hand could have been better written...

Jdeadevil
11-26-2014, 12:55 AM
I don't think they belong in the game at all.

For some people, games always turn to **** when they demand the player either go online or install an app. It just makes for a messy play through when it urges you to be all online and social 24/7 and you just can't be arsed. To be honest though, I do like Assassin's Creed, and I did install the app for Black Flag as well as log into Uplay, but the performance of Unity is extremely sensitive so being online just kills the frame rate.

Altair1789
11-26-2014, 01:03 AM
I think we should ask for change over compensation. No more apps, no more exclusive rewards, no more terrible and short stories, and more modern day. The list can go on, but I think we really need to bring it to Ubisoft's attention that the past couple of games (In my opinion, 4 and Unity) have not been what we love about Assassin's Creed. I think if we start something similar to a petition, and do it on the console forums (Ubisoft probably doesn't read PC forums nearly as much as console), then we can get their attention and ask for more quality in their games. I, for one, hate what they did with modern day, and how they seem to be inching away from it due to some people hating modern day. Also they seem to be making the game more gameplay-focused and less story-focused to bring in a bigger group of potential customers. I don't want another game with a story as irrelevant and unexplained as Unity's.

Lignjoslav
11-26-2014, 01:07 AM
... All those npc's, no loading screens ...

It sounds logical, but it's not the NPCs. Ubi has tested how crowd size affects the performance and found them to not be a significant factor. This is confirmed by some empirical data from many users who complained about low indoor framerates which nearly double when they go out into the crowds (also, Cafe Theatre area is probably the part of the map with the lowest framerate despite being relatively sparsely populated).
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver is a 1999 game, which allowed you to free roam through the entire world (and even step through portals from one end to the other) without a single loading screen; despite that, and being nice looking for the day, the game required just a higher end Pentium I CPU, 16MB RAM and a card such as ATI Rage Pro, even though that Pentium III and other more powerful components were released that year (also, it ran just fine on PS1 and the Dreamcast).

bustin-ya
11-26-2014, 01:32 AM

Amen to that!!!!!!!

USAdystopia
11-26-2014, 02:20 AM
It is funny how people will time after time tell you how lousy of a time they are having on a game. Unity is a great game and great immersion.
Come on over to dystopia and we'll get you into playing shape...fast or you'll start crying.

Vestmann
11-26-2014, 03:14 AM
i didnt ask for more content for the game. that was the OP. but there is a part of me that would take free DLC for a few reasons -
UBI would want me to keep playing ACU and would prefer giving me free DLC rather than giving me a refund. a refund costs them more and make me leave their product. so it's easier to expec free DLC.
also i come out of the assumption that at a certain point the game WILL work, after fixed but that is a hypothetical situation in the future that might and might not happen. right now i have a product that doesnt work as it should. i paid 50$ for something. im not getting that something that was promised. that is NOT RIGHT. as bloody simple as that.
it's like if i buy an electrical device that doesnt work as promised i should get it fixed for free under it's warranty AND get a compensation of some sort. most companies would grant a customer a voucher for his next purchase, for example, to show the costumer that they regret giving him a malfunctioning product and willing to take RESPONSIBILITY so he continues buying from that company.
my dad once bought white cheese package but that cheese was bad from the get go. he went to the supermarket and not only got a replacement for the white cheese package but also a free package of some other product as a compensation of them not conduction their business properly, forcing him to either eat a bad product, or having him NOT eat the product he wanted and perhaps having to go all the way back to the supermarket and deal with costumer support in order to sort this out.
when a company doesnt deliver on what it's supposed to deliver they are creating an INCONVENIENCE to their paying costumers. is that a concept that is hard to grasp?
most companies will compensate if they cause inconvenience. it's really simple and not unheard of.

i hate it when ppl who have the game working make it seem like everything is fine with it just because THEY cant see where it isnt. you guys sound like this:
"i dont know why ppl are complaining about wars and world hunger and expecting the governments to stop fighting or provide them with cheaper food. i've been alive for 30 years and i was never hungry and never in a war so those complainers are talking out of their @sses. i also dont think ppl who got their house burned due to electricity malfunction should get any compensation and should seriously stop complaining. i never had my house burned once, and i've been using electricity for so long and had zero problems. also what's with all those jewish holocaust survivers getting compensation from germany?! i know some really old jewish ppl and they were never at the holocaust so all that story is BS".

You've proven Godwin's law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law). Congrats!

Hope you get a gift basket from Ubi once you present them with your "bad cheese". ;)

Good luck.

tdtdtdtd
11-26-2014, 03:45 AM
It is funny how people will time after time tell you how lousy of a time they are having on a game. Unity is a great game and great immersion.
Come on over to dystopia and we'll get you into playing shape...fast or you'll start crying.

Unless you're a paid ubisoft poster, please pass what you're smoking. Ubisoft's tanking stock is all you need to know about public opinion.

Sekuiya.
11-26-2014, 03:54 AM
He's right though. I've spend the last two weeks playing Unity almost every days for a lot of hours. No regrets, even when crashing.
I'm guessing I'm one of the reasons why Ubisoft keeps selling games even when they're half broken, hem?

strigoi1958
11-26-2014, 04:27 AM
@ Lignjoslav... you're showing our age now... ;) thanks for reminding me.... Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver was a great game but as you can see it was a bit different from AC Unity... but I did like it.

I don't think anyone is going to get anything... The chances are next to zero but it will keep people busy until the initiates and app is running properly. That's what normally happens. It can be interesting looking at the similar posts about AC3 and ACBF
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111201213007/legacyofkain/images/6/61/Soul3.jpg

Tanyn
11-26-2014, 06:51 AM
OUR game does NOT work.

but it doesnt.

sigh ... people ... READ what you're replying to, before you make yourself look like an idiot. He did not say the guy OWNS a working game ... he said he is OWED one ... christ, the ignorance of some people.

Anykeyer
11-26-2014, 08:27 AM

His game works. Isnt that obvious?
:cool:

mmac900
11-26-2014, 02:05 PM
Unless you're a paid ubisoft poster, please pass what you're smoking. Ubisoft's tanking stock is all you need to know about public opinion.

So now if you enjoy the game you are a paid ubisoft employee? Then there must be millions of ubisoft employees out there! believe it or not most people are enjoying the game one the bugs have been sorted for them (myself included). It is extremely fun. Just because the game got 2.2 or w/e on metacritic is a joke cuz ppl will just give it 0 like the little kiddies they are cuz their toy isnt working.

googsy11
11-26-2014, 03:05 PM
So I pre-ordered the game and was super excited to get it on release day. I wans't able to play it untill a few days later, but I enjoyed the few hours I played of it. My rig is well above the minimum requirement yet it kept crashing. Ubi are working on fixing the problems, but hell I can't imagine how hard that must be to go thru everything.

Don't get me wrong I'm disappointed in the state the game was released in, but I'm going to be patient and wait till they fix everything so I can continue with my game and enjoy it as it should be.

Regardless of all the bugs its not a terrible game. From what I've played the story seems good and it's great to see the wealth of historical info in the game again after it lacking a bit in the past few instalments of the series. Either way there is a silver lining to every cloud lol

I get how frustrating it is buying a game when released yet it doesn't work so you have to wait, but in the end it works and you wouldn't have got it so soon if you didn't enjoy the other games. We are all in the same boat, but unless you can code and then fix it yourself and quicker than them, then not much else can happen. The company has been hit hard because of this and if you are really loyal fans then you should also highlight the positives so they can continue to make the games we love.

Yes there are issues. Yes they are aware of them. Yes they are in the process of fixing them. But this sort of thing wont make it happen any quicker.

Have some patience and just remember that they are working their a**** off to fix it so we can all play it how it should be played. After the bugs are fixed you will have the product you paid for and we can all fight in the French Revolution :p

P.S. I am not an employee of Ubisoft lol

TR.Misterscruff
11-26-2014, 04:14 PM
So now if you enjoy the game you are a paid ubisoft employee? Then there must be millions of ubisoft employees out there! believe it or not most people are enjoying the game one the bugs have been sorted for them (myself included). It is extremely fun. Just because the game got 2.2 or w/e on metacritic is a joke cuz ppl will just give it 0 like the little kiddies they are cuz their toy isnt working.

A few bugs yes, enjoying it yes....is that wrong ? Hell no ! :)

CHosIN1
11-26-2014, 05:20 PM
at sequence 8 not to many issues, except corruption on load-out screen. occasional crowd issues heads without bodies, guy got stuck in a tree trunk kinda looked like it was tree was inserted LMAO, Guys running on roofs from the streets. All minor issues use to look at frames but i don't care unless troubleshooting, as long as playable. I love AMD stuff this is the first build of Intel performance issues on things is reason i tried the other camp. But all are great, not fanboy. Performance fanboy. anyways the game is fun, I wish my sabertooth controller had better response time feels laggy in this game. But it was free game no b!tching.

mmac900
11-26-2014, 05:53 PM
There is a lesson to be learned here people. NEVER ever ever pre-roder a game (unless its made by project cd red :)). Wait at least a month after release when all the problems have been sorted. The more people that dont pre-order, the better the quality of games will become when developers notice the trend.

If you pre-order, chances are you will be disappointed, judging by almost all the AAA titles released this year.

Sekuiya.
11-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Guess your wishes have been heard: assassinscreed.com/update (http://assassinscreed.com/update)

seville57
11-26-2014, 08:15 PM
I already have the season pass.

DanonMight
11-26-2014, 08:15 PM
better go for this petition https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-stop-locking-existing-content-behind-uplay-and-other-online-services

Sekuiya.
11-26-2014, 08:22 PM
I already have the season pass.
I see you did not read the full article. Oh well, I'll write it down for you. For people that already own the Season Pass, a free game will offered of a set list.

THEVERSACEKING
11-26-2014, 08:53 PM
Your praying was heard. Nice. Free dlc, thanks Ubi! :cool:

Altair1789
11-26-2014, 09:11 PM
better go for this petition https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-stop-locking-existing-content-behind-uplay-and-other-online-services

Now THIS is a petition I can stand by

topeira1980
11-26-2014, 10:18 PM
ha ha ha!
ppl on this thread were claiming we ask for something we dont deserve... apparently even ubisoft, EVEN ubisoft, understands what we were saying and there HAS been a huge foul play here and the outcry in social networks, gaming sites, youtube channels and forums was not ignored. im glad they are making this step towards compensating us.

now i just want to play the dang game already and i cant do that if my fps doesnt go above 22 on average.

TimotheusFlavii
11-26-2014, 11:20 PM
I think this topic can be closed now, since we received the largest chunk of the season pass for free. Thank you, ubisoft, for listening to us!

topeira1980
11-27-2014, 05:02 PM
yup.

this compensation is a very good way to show us, the gamers, that UBI understands that they did something wrong, which , i hope, means they will NOT do it again.

medavroog
11-27-2014, 05:30 PM
Please, all sign this petition: https://www.change.org/p/yves-guillemot-compensate-the-assassin-s-creed-unity-players-with-a-free-season-pass

Maybe with this, Ubisoft will finally do something about this mess they call a game.

Please share this petition on as many websites as possible.

And how is this FAIR to individuals like ME who have PURCHASED the "Season's Pass"?

topeira1980
11-27-2014, 07:56 PM
And how is this FAIR to individuals like ME who have PURCHASED the "Season's Pass"?

you get a free game, like FC4 or the crew...

but if you dont want them than you're effed...

medavroog
11-27-2014, 09:05 PM
you get a free game, like FC4 or the crew...

but if you dont want them than you're effed...

Try this ... I already own those games they are offering. So, yeah ... UbiSoft scammed people like ME [who purchased the Season's Pass] to please those who never purchased the Season's Pass ... jolly good call on UbiSoft.