PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] AC Unity: The Little Prince assassination mission not working

MacMan_4276
11-24-2014, 11:51 PM
I've re-played this mission twice now and the same error happens. I clear the house of guards, free the prince and then... nothing. I press the 'Speak' icon but the prince remains silent while the mission instruction changes to 'Defend the prince'. The problem is, there are no more guards left and the prince just cowers silently in his corner. I go outside and the only guards about are the three involved in a fight with my ally down by the boat. I overcome those too and return to the house, but the prince remains in his corner.

The first time I played it, everything happened as it should (the prince follows you and advises you to deal with guards in the way) — except I got myself desynchronised. Now I've levelled up and come back to try again, the mission won't work properly. Am I doing something wrong? I cleared the house from the bottom up and left the prince's room until last. Am I supposed to start at the top? :confused:

Deafowl9
11-25-2014, 07:20 PM
I've re-played this mission twice now and the same error happens. I clear the house of guards, free the prince and then... nothing. I press the 'Speak' icon but the prince remains silent while the mission instruction changes to 'Defend the prince'. The problem is, there are no more guards left and the prince just cowers silently in his corner. I go outside and the only guards about are the three involved in a fight with my ally down by the boat. I overcome those too and return to the house, but the prince remains in his corner.

The first time I played it, everything happened as it should (the prince follows you and advises you to deal with guards in the way) — except I got myself desynchronised. Now I've levelled up and come back to try again, the mission won't work properly. Am I doing something wrong? I cleared the house from the bottom up and left the prince's room until last. Am I supposed to start at the top? :confused:

MacMan, me too same problem here! Im trying try again like 4-5 times. Nothing happens. The Prince dint speak, dint move for long!
Pls i want get all trophy and money euros..

MacMan_4276
11-26-2014, 12:44 AM
I finally got the mission to work after the fifth or sixth attempt. :) Despite the 'freedom' that each mission gives you, it looks like that in this one you have to follow a certain path to get it to play out correctly. (I eliminated all the outside guards first and then cleared the house systematically from the top down.)

Xeef
01-02-2015, 02:11 AM
I finally got the mission to work after the fifth or sixth attempt. :) Despite the 'freedom' that each mission gives you, it looks like that in this one you have to follow a certain path to get it to play out correctly. (I eliminated all the outside guards first and then cleared the house systematically from the top down.)

I have run into the same thing. I even tried it how you said and nothing. I've tried it bottom up, top down, middle-bottom-top... Same problem every time.

GazVickers
01-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Same here on XB1 4th attempt now, including restarting the game, it would be nice to see a mod/dev on here answering our problems.

DriverOfDestiny
01-07-2015, 10:24 PM
Same crap over here, also on X1. In my attempt he followed me down to the docks but when I started fighting some guards he got put back to his corner in the house where you first find him, cowering. It kept saying "defend" above his head but he wouldn't budge...

Also, in the mission "Chemical Revolution" the "grieving wife" you talk to at the beginning doesn't despwan so when you get back to the house after finishing the mission, she's there twice, once by the table with her husband and once around the corner still crying.

DriverOfDestiny
01-10-2015, 12:39 AM
Ugh... I found another mission that's unfinishable cause of a bug. I don't know the exact name but its in the westernmost part of the map where you have to collect some 4 parts of the Guillotine for this executioner-guy. After collecting all the parts I got back to where the mission started to speak with Tobias whatshisface but there is no "interact" option so you can't finish the mission.
Together with other bugs throughout Paris this gets really annoying Ubisoft....

Koeelain
01-22-2015, 09:52 PM
Now I'm just angry... I killed most of the guys before talking to Prince, I guess that was the frong way? Why can't they fix these bugs? I love the game, but stuöpid bugs... I can't finish the mission and I spent lots of time killing the enemies quietly.

Has anyone found the solution?

Therifer1948
04-27-2015, 07:54 PM
How do we get them to fix this glitch? What is the "correct path" to get the prince to move?

Zero El Muerto
06-07-2015, 03:57 AM
Xbox One --- tried twice --- still same problem with Prince defend --- after awhile the defend disappears and he is just cowering up there,

Malfecto Seethe
06-16-2015, 07:00 PM
Ugh... I found another mission that's unfinishable cause of a bug. I don't know the exact name but its in the westernmost part of the map where you have to collect some 4 parts of the Guillotine for this executioner-guy. After collecting all the parts I got back to where the mission started to speak with Tobias whatshisface but there is no "interact" option so you can't finish the mission.
Together with other bugs throughout Paris this gets really annoying Ubisoft....

Thank you! Posting your grievance with the guillotine parts mission reminded me of how I solved it, and I just tried the same trick on this mission - defending the prince.

The executioner must have been sitting in a chair designed by Sweeney Todd, because the ruddy rancor trainer seemed to have slid from the chair only to get stuck underground. I replayed the mission multiple times with the same resulting bug. I don't have to tell anyone here how frustrated I became, trying different approaches to what should have been an exceedingly simple mission. But inspiration hit, and I went into Options>Game Options and changed the time of day. It will reset you to a certain point, usually with your progress the same as before. I went back and there he was. I turned over the parts and completed the mission.

I was stuck defending the prince as well. When I read your comment I decided to try the same trick. What would it hurt? I'd still have to run the mission from the start. Sure enough, it worked. I play on an XBox One (gamertag- Malfecto Seethe -if anyone wants to hit some co-op), so I'm not certain it will work the same on another platform, but it's worth a try.

Hope this helps!!!

Innovade_Grave
10-08-2015, 07:34 PM
Just did this mission if anyone is still having trouble, come to find out if you kill everyone before the dialogue finishes then you will continue to get stuck and unable to finish the mission. I tried 7 times before hand and killed everyone before the Prince and the "Thug" finished talking about how he's the first innocent royal. After going through some thoughts i came to find out the prince and thug need to finish talking, then go butt wild and kill everyone in the first room then down and you are cleared.

CelesteJak
11-25-2016, 11:07 PM
The best way to make certain the prince will talk to you is to kill off the OUTSIDE guards ONLY. If you can sucker the inside guards outside by standing across the river, fine but do not kill any guards on the lower floors inside the house. Then go in through the second floor window and kill the guards on that floor only if necessary. If you can kill one of them and sneak past the others that is fine. The idea is to leave at least one bad guy alive on every floor before you kill the guard right next to the prince and talk to him. I killed the heavy guard on the top floor when I suckered him out the window by standing across the river where he could see me through the window and shot one of the other guards that was on the balcony. It is a risk since if they hit you with sniper fire, you die...but I went all around the outside sniper posts and killed them long before I started working on getting the guards to jump through the windows and stand outside on the balcony where I could shoot them. That way I just had to work on the inside guards and didn't have to worry about snipers laying in wait while the prince was escaping. The gist of the idea is you MUST have guards to kill ON THE WAY OUT. The prince will lead you and stop and wait while you kill each group but if you get killed on the way out or you kill all the house guards before speaking to the prince you will have to start the entire thing over again. This method worked for me. If you kill all the house guards first the prince gets stuck in the house. If he follows you halfway out of the house and you get killed you will have to start all over because he will just go back to his corner and cower. Just leave guards to kill on the way out of the house, kill the guard standing by the prince while he is close to the prince and he should talk to you. Just watch for one sniper who pops up on a balcony in your path as you follow the prince and a group of three that sort of hide in an alcove outside who aren't there until the prince is leaving. Make sure you are tough enough to take on three level three to four bad guys at a time or you are a good sneak thief. Either way though, there is that group of three as you're leaving to watch out for. Hope this helps you get past this one. I don't know if it is a bug or this is the way it was meant to be played but it took me about three tries to find something that worked every time.

BTW: When I got to the prince and the guard next to him they never did have any conversation. The guard just had a kill icon above his head. As long as there were guards to kill all the way down, the scene ran just fine.

Faeltair
08-01-2018, 07:12 PM
I know this is a 4 years old thread, but I believe I found the solution to the problem.

Disclaimer: I play on X1 but I experienced the exact same issues as op, so I hope my reply might still be helpful.

After giving up on the annoyingly glitchy prince, I moved on to play other side quests and noticed that another mission was taking place within the same area if not the very same building, and it also involved speaking to a npc. I'm pretty sure it was The Decapitated Warden murder mystery, but a lot of stuff happens by various tanneries so I might not be remembering it properly.

Anyhow I found I had some little bit of patience left and tried playing The Little Prince again, and this time it went super smoothly (and without even breaking a sweat as I had learned the guards' every movement by that point, sigh).

I don't know if being a shared location of two different missions might be a plausible cause for a glitch, but again it worked out just fine after completing the other mission.