PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer needs team deathmatch.

BeardinUSA
11-24-2014, 08:20 PM
With 8 player supercross, why not make it interesting and have 4v4 team scoring mode? If multiplayer was never a popular game mode as redlynx said, its strictly because of the massive skill gap and its not fun getting your teeth kicked in every game. Team scoring would allow players to still be part of a winning team, even if they arent setting record times. It would also hopefully incentivize the better players on a team to help coach the weaker players through the track after they finish the race and are spectating, ultimately helping them improve.

When redlynx said they were going back to the drawing board for multiplayer, I was expecting a little more in the way of change. As someone that didnt particularly care for supercross in evo, im not seeing anything here that is going to change that.

Either way this is my attempt at being constructive for a change.

booped
11-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Good idea, like clan matches, could even have leagues

Gangly_
11-25-2014, 02:21 AM
This would be nice, just as long as regular multiplayer is released first. The 6-7 month delay (actually longer since its not even being released in 2014) is already long enough.

BeardinUSA
11-25-2014, 10:58 AM
This would be nice, just as long as regular multiplayer is released first. The 6-7 month delay (actually longer since its not even being released in 2014) is already long enough.

Yea im aware of redlynx's development speed. Which is why I was trying to suggest something incredibly simple like a scoring variant on the existing mode... since literally all they would have to do is tally the scores differently at the end of the match, it would presumably be incredibly simple to implement.

Ideally I would prefer to be able to race ghosts on extreme maps like in evo. But you goto war with the dev team you got, not the dev team you want. So im not holding my breath for that one.

En0-
11-25-2014, 11:20 AM
"incredibly simple" and "all that would need to be done" are things that don't exist at all in gamedev :-)

However, the initial feedback is interesting and I think we'll discuss it in the dev team.

Cheers,

BeardinUSA
11-25-2014, 12:04 PM
"incredibly simple" and "all that would need to be done" are things that don't exist at all in gamedev :-)

However, the initial feedback is interesting and I think we'll discuss it in the dev team.

Cheers,

Ok maybe relatively simple would have been more appropriate. I think it would be smart, similar to shooters ultimately shifting away from deathmatch to team deathmatch as their primary game mode over the years. Helps create a more social atmosphere when individual success is linked with the success of others and allows players to feel like they are winning even if they arent coming in first place every match.

Keeps players more invested in the game and newcomers less likely to get discouraged... which should ultimately lead to higher retention rates. And on the sales front, hopefully you have players encourage their friends to buy the game so they can play multiplayer together on the same team.

Appreciate you taking it into consideration. I think it would make multiplayer alot more successful and more accessible, so I hope you guys do add it. Ultimately im so critical of fusion because I love the series and want it to succeed just as much as you guys.