PDA

View Full Version : Air Assassination / Ranged weapons.

fucojr
11-24-2014, 07:25 PM
I'm quite surprised no one has complained about this yet.

When Arno is above an enemy and that said enemy is within air assassination range, it is impossible to manually aim and shoot guns from that position. Hold aim(RMB) and push attack key(LMB), then Arno will simply pounce down on that enemy, initiating an air assassination, which usually leads to (mildly) infuriating situations.

'Quick Firing' can be a workaround, yes, but it takes away the option to carefully choose which exact target, and which exact body part(meaningly heads) to shoot at. This gets more troublesome as mission progresses, as the vast majority of the high-tier enemies requires headshots to kill them with a single shot. This can only be done with manual aiming.

I'm pretty sure Ubi devs are busy as hell given the current status of the game, but it's an obvious oversight and needs to get fixed soon.

JAC072
11-24-2014, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I have noticed that at a certain range we don't even have an option to aim with our pistol. Depressing the aim button will just do a quick shot which will not kill certain enemies as it takes either an aimed shot at the head, or a couple body shots to kill them. It is indeed annoying not being able to aim in those situations.

Tanyn
11-25-2014, 07:43 AM
I'm quite surprised no one has complained about this yet.

When Arno is above an enemy and that said enemy is within air assassination range, it is impossible to manually aim and shoot guns from that position. Hold aim(RMB) and push attack key(LMB), then Arno will simply pounce down on that enemy, initiating an air assassination, which usually leads to (mildly) infuriating situations.

'Quick Firing' can be a workaround, yes, but it takes away the option to carefully choose which exact target, and which exact body part(meaningly heads) to shoot at. This gets more troublesome as mission progresses, as the vast majority of the high-tier enemies requires headshots to kill them with a single shot. This can only be done with manual aiming.

I'm pretty sure Ubi devs are busy as hell given the current status of the game, but it's an obvious oversight and needs to get fixed soon.

That slow motion scream as he's leaping down on his enemy tho! "NOOOOoooo...." :D

Side note, yeah I've noticed this, and it's one of many terrible oversights in regards to combat. But the entire stealth/detection/combat system was copied and pasted (without so much as an animation change, from what I can tell) over from Splinter Cell.

I keep expecting Arno to snap his night vision goggles down over his eyes, every time I use Eagle Vision. -_-

zakl
11-28-2014, 09:06 AM
Hi,

They still didn't fix fight with Bellec. Omg i pushing E butn fast and hard but nothing. So i am stuck and can't do mission forward. I already tried to restart mission but same prooblem. Any sugestions?

Thx