PDA

View Full Version : PC Patch 1.4.0 - November 24th, 2014

UbiMegan
11-24-2014, 05:34 PM
PC Patch 1.4.0 has been released, and is now available for download.

Patch Notes:
Fixed the "black screen" issue PC players were experiencing when certain USB peripherals were plugged in.
Fixed the "grey screen" issue some PC players were may have encountered after the Outpost Master Mission.
If you are still experiencing a black screen on launch, please contact Customer Support. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/943304)

This is a PC only patch, and you should be seeing Version 1.4.0 in the bottom left of the Main Menu if it's been successfully installed.
If you are playing Far Cry 4 on a different platform, your version number will be different.

Ceano
11-24-2014, 05:37 PM
UPlay don't even update my game, still having game version 1.3.0

heyman47
11-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Well we had it for 15 min. then its gone again and back to 1.3.0

Yes,same here. I got two updates,at first I updated to 1.4 and can finally start the game,then somehow it rolled back to 1.3 and I have black screen again.

Ceano
11-24-2014, 06:02 PM
Why don't you have a [Check for Updates] button on UPlay, that way you at least can get a pach when UPlay won't download any!!

Dome_84
11-24-2014, 06:05 PM
Yes,same here. I got two updates,at first I updated to 1.4 and can finally start the game,then somehow it rolled back to 1.3 and I have black screen again.

Same Problem here, first updated to 1.4.0 then the second one back to 1.3.0 and now i can't even play 5 minutes without an error ("Win7 ~ FarCry4 doesn't work", from black screen to freezed game).

Morpheus7000
11-24-2014, 06:12 PM
Yep same here. The game is still at 1.3 and the game freezes with a black screen after about five minutes.

heyman47
11-24-2014, 06:22 PM
Ubisoft, why can't you test your products properly before you release them?

AngryBert-63
11-24-2014, 06:48 PM
- Game doesn't update.

- Keybinds still don't work.

- Save game function still doesn't work.

Game is unplayable.

Fail. Again.

UbiMegan
11-24-2014, 06:59 PM
RE: Uplay Version 1.3.0

We're currently looking into Uplay "reverting" the Patch to 1.3.0.

bigjeey7790
11-24-2014, 08:05 PM
So, first you release a broken game.

Next, you promise us a patch that will fix things on Friday.

All of a sudden, complete silence, and a pushback to 'next week'.

Then a patch does become available, but the shoddy game client won't install it.

Aside from that the promised activation of Nvidia hairworks is suddenly left out ?

Gotta say, this is starting to become one bigger failure after another. I am one of the Lucky ones who managed to play through the game by playing on a smaller screen area without SLI, but if not I'd be asking for a refund right about now ...

BobThe3RD1
11-24-2014, 08:09 PM
The patch was released. It worked. Tried to stretch to three monitors, crashes and then automatically downloads the 1.3 patch. Why? Could you just re-release the 1.4 patch, I don't care how bad the stuttering is. I just want to play the.

AlexFuzzball
11-24-2014, 08:23 PM
I appear to have also reverted to version 1.3.
Your development team really do not give a flying toss about the PC gaming market do they?
Still buggy, still full of stutter etc, etc, ad nauseum.

smakrog
11-24-2014, 08:25 PM
Join the struggle for Kyrat in Far Cry® 4...

Yeah, right. It should have said:

Join the struggle to launch Far Cry 4 for the first time on your PC. And the epic battle to make it even remotely playable with your keyboard and mouse. All for the low price of 59.99 euros.

EllsworthSK
11-24-2014, 08:45 PM
And this, my friends, is why I wait with Ubi games and never, ever preorder.

There were times when developer waited until his game was finished and fully tested and not completely ****ed. Those times are gone thanks to publishers such as EA or Ubisoft. Far Cry 4 - compeltely bugged, game cannot start because someone has plugging in mouse of largest company that produces them. Assassins Creed Unity meanwhile frametanks even on CERN computers. WatchDogs completely downgraded.

Just fine job, lads. Fine job, indeed. When its actually released how it should be on day 1, let me know and I´ll buy it. Not before.

GunslingerN74
11-24-2014, 08:48 PM
any news on the patch issue yet

GunslingerN74
11-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Thats great you should be there new marketing rep

GunslingerN74
11-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Join the struggle for Kyrat in Far Cry® 4...

Yeah, right. It should have said:

Join the struggle to launch Far Cry 4 for the first time on your PC. And the epic battle to make it even remotely playable with your keyboard and mouse. All for the low price of 59.99 euros.

That's great you should be their new Marketing rep

crazyguzz
11-24-2014, 08:53 PM
You: Currently, I am running version 1.3 of Far Cry 4
You: the 1.4 patch has already been pushed to the Steam client servers
You: friends playing the Steam version of Far Cry 4 have told me their version number has switched over and they downloaded a patch
You: Is this patch currently not available on Uplay? If it is, how can I download it? If it isn't, when will this patch be made available on your download service?
Chad H: At the moment, 1.4 has not been pushed and is not available. We have seen reports of this and are looking into where players are obtaining the data.
You: What do you mean, not available?
You: It shouldn't be available on Steam at the moment?
Chad H: From what I am told, we have not released the 1.4 patch yet as it was delayed. A few others have mentioned this with Steam and we are looking into. That's the only info I have at the moment.
You: Can you close reference numbers ----------- and ------------. They are left as pending questions in the "My Questions" section under UbiSupport
You: But you've answered everything so there is no need to leave them open.
Chad H: I sure can!
Chad H: Is there anything further that I can help you with today?
You: yea, one last thing
You: on the steam store page, there is a clear note from a ubisoft member named Megan
You: she writes: PC Patch 1.4.0 Released NOVEMBER 24 - [UBI] MEGAN Patch 1.4.0 has been released, and is now available for download. Patch Notes: Fixed the "black screen" issue PC players were experiencing when certain USB peripherals were plugged in. Fixed the "grey screen" issue some PC players were may have encountered after the Outpost Master Mission. If you are still experiencing a black screen on launch, please contact Customer Support.. This is a PC only patch, and you should be seeing Version 1.4.0 in the bottom left of the Main Menu if it's been successfully installed. If you are playing Far Cry 4 on a different platform, your version number will be different.
You: This patch has been made availbe on a downloading service before your own proprietary one. Can you please ask someone and provide a date in which the Uplay version will be updated?
You: and I do apologize for being insistent, but the game is really messed up in a lot of parts, and I was hoping on this patch resolving at least a few of my issues.
Chad H: At this point, we are going to have to look into this as our support group does not have any more info that what I already gave. I'd recommend keeping an eye on the forums and website for updates, as we will provide info there once more is known.
Chad H: Thank you for your patience though.

BigBoss_329
11-24-2014, 09:14 PM
Uplay doesn't install any patch for me.
Why do we need to use Uplay to patch the game? Why can't we just download the patch from a website, like we used to back in the old days?

Anyway, is hairworks in this patch? I was looking forward to see that in action. Fur looks, OK, but hairworks would be better.

nznat2012
11-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Sorry folks just heard the Fat Cry 4 patch 1.4 that is reverting back to 1.3 is currently being fixed and a fix for Uplay itself is in the works and should be released at the end of next week. Thanks for your patience while we try to find the issue behind the reverting patches. In the mean time, enjoy Watch Dogs, our other game that studders and crashes and is unplayable for countless people. Be patient with us, we do like your cash!

Haukk4
11-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Uplay downloading version 1.3.0 patch bug here too.

Running with:
Intel Core i7 4770k
16Gb 2400Mhz Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
Windows 8.1 x64

taylorton147
11-24-2014, 09:47 PM
I swear to god if i have to get this patch by reinstalling the game i will scream my lungs out

nznat2012
11-24-2014, 10:00 PM
I swear to god if i have to get this patch by reinstalling the game i will scream my lungs out

You better start screaming now my friend, as this situation is only going to get a lot lot worse from UBISOFT!

Even watch dogs isnt fixed and they avoid all connection to the game now! NO replies, no help desk, no patches, no fixes, nothing. That should have been a big warning for a lot of people, but their addictions got the better of them and UBISOFT counted on the level of addictive behaviour to push sales. Sad state of affairs indeed!

FAIL!

Grand_Squalo
11-24-2014, 10:17 PM
UPlay don't even update my game, still having game version 1.3.0

Same here!. First time the patch was installed it worked great and launch the game for testing. Then when I tried to launch the game for second time the patch (38Mb) process started again, and the game came back to 1.0.3v!!.

Why was that??. Is there or isn't a patch 1.0.4 out there?.

ricindem
11-24-2014, 10:35 PM
no sli blackness and occlusion fix in this one?

Capitancardoza
11-24-2014, 11:15 PM
Downloading 39MB patch RIGHT NOW.

Live from Italy ;)

neradex
11-24-2014, 11:29 PM
Downloading 39MB patch RIGHT NOW.

Live from Italy ;)

It works now also here in Germany!

Capitancardoza
11-24-2014, 11:39 PM
Patch is now on, Good!!! :D

But I'm on single GTX970, so.. No new things for me.. Bad!! :P

Still suffer a little for stuttering and from glitchy shadows (PCSS) on northern kyrat, after passing the bridge (here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/955977-Broken-shadows-on-the-north-island)).

ricindem
11-24-2014, 11:40 PM
just got the update too.

confirming no sli fix, night time is pitch black/constant black screen still.

sigh I'm just really glad I bought another game last week with this as contingency. I figured this would happen and I wouldn't be able to play this product for at least several days if not weeks after launch. :confused:

Capitancardoza
11-24-2014, 11:42 PM
sigh I'm just really glad I bought another game last week with this as contingency

Me too.. AC unity, even worse :D

ricindem
11-24-2014, 11:48 PM
Me too.. AC unity, even worse :D

It's easier psychologically to just pretend the release date is nov 18th 2015 and that all this is a special pre-release alpha like how amateur developers do on steam

then its like I'm being given a privilege or something :rolleyes:

demontracker666
11-24-2014, 11:50 PM

Patch Notes:
Fixed the "black screen" issue PC players were experiencing when certain USB peripherals were plugged in.
Fixed the "grey screen" issue some PC players were may have encountered after the Outpost Master Mission.
If you are still experiencing a black screen on launch, please contact Customer Support. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/943304)

This is a PC only patch, and you should be seeing Version 1.4.0 in the bottom left of the Main Menu if it's been successfully installed.
If you are playing Far Cry 4 on a different platform, your version number will be different.

Ubisoft,
Everytime I have tried to play online co-op in farcry 4, ps4 and it has failed several times. I bought this game to only play online with my friends. This looks like it was a waste of money to me and that I should never buy a ubisoft game again. Please fix my hope for your company!!!

ricindem
11-24-2014, 11:54 PM
any word on the cpu usage fix?

ubisoft is gonna burn a hole thru my third core

taylorton147
11-24-2014, 11:58 PM
I'm still getting a black screen even after the patch...

sparchitect
11-25-2014, 12:22 AM
I'm still getting a black screen even after the patch...

I also still had a black screen when I just tried it.
I'm 60% sure it updated to 1.4 but I don't know how to even tell what patch I have since the game doesn't even open.

I bought it through steam and neither Steam or Uplay tells you what patch your running. Does anyone know a way to find this information?

nznat2012
11-25-2014, 12:22 AM
any word on the cpu usage fix?

ubisoft is gonna burn a hole thru my third core

yeah my cpu is peeking, causing issues, . I have quad core, 3570K running at 4.3ghz, and all games run fine except FAR CRY 4. The cores are also at 100% yet one is almost always at 100% peek, and thats simply not correct, this is a deep code issue in the game. I have 2 x GTX970 SLi and that cpu is way way way above whats needed for this game to run fast. I have a 144hz screen, and this game is a simple failure. And it will not be fixed as this type of core breakdown is a deep code issue in the games engine. it will not be repaired. Watch dogs, unity far cry 4 all complete failures. A pre order con job. Watch dogs gets no support now, no patches, no fixes, they have walked away from it already. Its a rubber-banding studdering mess for which could be millions of people. FACT!

EllsworthSK
11-25-2014, 01:42 AM
That is why we should never buy anything from Ubi unless it has been out a few days and reviewers and users confirm that its running solid.

This trend of releasing what is basically alpha version is ridicolious and its all fault of consumers who line up to preorder game they know NOTHING about, have no idea if it will be any good (Aliens: Colonial Marines), if it will not be bugged (Assassins Creed: Unity) and generally that a proper job was done on it and it wasn´t just simply pushed by publisher in order to not miss out the Christmas release dates when there are greatest sales. And for what? A skin pack? A new shmuck of a weapon that does exactly the same thing as 5 others? There is no counter-value in putting your money into such risky business, you are getting nothing back. You can support the developer by buying the game post-release, after you have informed yourself on the game. But this happening over and over again. If customers, us, would just wait, they wouldn´t dare relasing these releases that obviously did not go through proper testing.

Jayzzy89
11-25-2014, 02:17 AM
Such a bad optimization . how can you ask the pc gamers to buy the game then . game is a stuttering hell on ATI cards , CPU bottlenecking like crazy . what you guys upto smoking weed ?

skeeterdav2002
11-25-2014, 02:50 AM
RE: Uplay Version 1.3.0

We're currently looking into Uplay "reverting" the Patch to 1.3.0.

Forget looking into reverting, I still can't even get past the 0xc0000005 error!!!! I have not been able to see the game run at all let alone update. The only response I got from your tech support is some benign nonsense of disabling my start up in msconfig and a copy of my dxdiag! This just blows:mad:

Valkyrie743
11-25-2014, 04:40 AM
so did they not finish adding the hairworks and other bug fixes that the original 1.4.0 patch was to have??

M-Rebiv4
11-25-2014, 05:54 AM
Bad idea posting that here boss, they don't care. Contact customer support is all they're going to say.

I can't even start the game, even with the patch. I run a very high end Dual Core processor I bought to last me a few years in 2009. Overclocked I run almost 10Ghz, which is as good as most mid-level quad cores. The fact that I can't play this game because it runs on Core 2 (3rd core of a Quad) is just poor programming. They left out a huge market of tens of thousands of potential customers. If for some reason this is not the case and I was misinformed, I'd like to know why my game isn't running. I've got 8GB of Dual Channel OC RAM.

I'm not going to ask for a refund. I'm in the process of building a new rig and I'll be buying my Black Friday parts this week and Cyber Monday, with my build completed around early January. Im dropping a lot of cash for a 6-core Haswell-E 5820K based system. The X99 mobo will last even longer than the CPU I hope. 32GB of quad-channel RAM and I'll be rocking. Tired of not having the best rig possible after 20 years of gaming. Far Cry 4 will probably be played much later due to the fact that it probably STILL won't be optimized by January. Ill play GTAV on max settings for a month or two then get around to Dragon Age then MAYBE Far Cry 4 just out of spite.

platiunm657
11-25-2014, 05:59 AM
how do you find the version of the game you have? i have only had one update today. only difference i noticed was that cut-scenes were no longer capped to 30fps (now 60)

on a side note. does anyone have a problem with shadows changing with your perspective and trees casting shadows whilst inside caves? not really a game breaking issue but its really quite annoying, none of the in-game settings stop this from happening.

platiunm657
11-25-2014, 06:01 AM
Bad idea posting that here boss, they don't care. Contact customer support is all they're going to say.

I can't even start the game, even with the patch. I run a very high end Dual Core processor I bought to last me a few years in 2009. Overclocked I run almost 10Ghz, which is as good as most mid-level quad cores. The fact that I can't play this game because it runs on Core 2 (3rd core of a Quad) is just poor programming. They left out a huge market of tens of thousands of potential customers. If for some reason this is not the case and I was misinformed, I'd like to know why my game isn't running. I've got 8GB of Dual Channel OC RAM.

I'm not going to ask for a refund. I'm in the process of building a new rig and I'll be buying my Black Friday parts this week and Cyber Monday, with my build completed around early January. Im dropping a lot of cash for a 6-core Haswell-E 5820K based system. The X99 mobo will last even longer than the CPU I hope. 32GB of quad-channel RAM and I'll be rocking. Tired of not having the best rig possible after 20 years of gaming. Far Cry 4 will probably be played much later due to the fact that it probably STILL won't be optimized by January. Ill play GTAV on max settings for a month or two then get around to Dragon Age then MAYBE Far Cry 4 just out of spite.

playing gtav on max settings? (ignore this)

seems legit (and this)

i dont think anyone cares about the imaginary new rig your building.

MrNakedSpaceMan
11-25-2014, 07:34 AM
Patch 1.4 didn't do jack. STILL getting the black screen issue and now I find that only quad cores can run the game? Wow way to warn dual core users not to buy the game Ubisoft. Oh wait you didn't, because you really don't give a rats *** if we waste our money on something we can't even use.

darkweider2010
11-25-2014, 07:56 AM
After 1.4.0 update BLACK SCREEN problem still here. Game does not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

WildWayz
11-25-2014, 08:27 AM
Such a bad optimization . how can you ask the pc gamers to buy the game then . game is a stuttering hell on ATI cards , CPU bottlenecking like crazy . what you guys upto smoking weed ?

Works fine on my Radeon R9 280X with an Intel i5 3570K. I play it at 1920x1080 on Ultra and get about 55-60fps. Odd stuttering still when loading textures when running/driving, but it's playable.

PS - this 1.4.0 patch DOES fix the Outpost Master challenges - I have tested all 4 I reported and all 4 are fine now.

Thanks Ubisoft... back off to play FC4 :D

AndromedaUltima
11-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Does the patch download automatically? I only got a 39 MB file which didn't do s**t. is that the patch?
and yes, i am running a dual core.

WildWayz
11-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Yes, that is a patch. It fixed two of the smaller issues - another patch will fix the other issues.

AndromedaUltima
11-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Yes, that is a patch. It fixed two of the smaller issues - another patch will fix the other issues.

Smaller issues? there are only 2 issues listed in this patch, both of which are not small. so is there more coming throughout the day?

This is such a mess!

WildWayz
11-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Smaller issues? there are only 2 issues listed in this patch, both of which are not small. so is there more coming throughout the day?

This is such a mess!

I meant the outpost mission and the other fix.... big issues are the black screen issue etc

I assume there will be another patch, but as this was 39mb it was a small patch with a relatively easy fix...

izzyeckerslike
11-25-2014, 11:21 AM
It's odd but my very outdated system with Q6600 & GTX580 runs the game very well on mostly high settings with no graphical glitches & only very occasional minor stuttering when driving at high speed, it seems the higher the spec the more problems people are getting.

SpinninPlates
11-25-2014, 11:31 AM
still getting black screen errors with my wired microsoft official xbox 360 controller. but as soon as i unplug it, it works. plug it back in, it says new keypad found or whatever the message is that pops up, then more loading errors

i'm on a i7-2630qm, gtx 560m, 8gb ram, win7 ult x64. i ran shadow of mordor 30-45fps and the evil within (after some tweaks) 25-45fps, these mobile systems are proving to be stronger than expected... being on a laptop, the keyboard and mouse isn't my preferred way to play, so this is somewhat crippling

i really liked far cry 3, i've been waiting for far cry 4, and i'm still trying to be patient here. it would be nice if we could get a developer on the boards instead of a service rep... we're not expecting apologies, we're expecting updates. we're nerds, a lot of us program, and maybe if you updated us on the progress, someone might be able to help. look at how many users on this board have one post or single digits - a lot of people are coming here for the first time hoping there's someone here updating us on the situation beyond "new patch friday...or the days after... btw doesnt work call customer service"

WildWayz
11-25-2014, 11:49 AM
still getting black screen errors with my wired microsoft official xbox 360 controller. but as soon as i unplug it, it works. plug it back in, it says new keypad found or whatever the message is that pops up, then more loading errors

That's weird as I have an official wired Microsoft Xbox 360 controller connected and it works fine - got quite a few USB devices connected. Even tried playing FC4 with the controller (which is actually alright).

I'm running Windows 8.1 64Bit though...

firitza
11-25-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm still getting a black screen...This is a bad joke not a patch...

adydula
11-25-2014, 04:14 PM
I have installed the 1.4.0. patch and have 6 additional USD devices attached.

I can start FC4 and the black screen hang has been resolved for me.

After starting and stopping the game many times the 1.4.0 patch is still installed and seems to work just fine,

Thanks UbiSoft support for listening!
Alex

OffGrid.
11-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Ok...First off, stop complaining and definitely stop having a go at Ubi.

0) Take out any USB devices
1) Make a clean install of the game and make sure its installed on your C: not other peripherals.
2) Play the game as normal until you finish the pro log and you enter the Golden path Village.
3) Quit to desktop and now copy and paste your original saved files to the directory they are usually saved in.
4) Play the game and shut the fk up :)

AndromedaUltima
11-25-2014, 11:01 PM

1) Make a clean install of the game and make sure its installed on your C: not other peripherals.
2) Play the game as normal until you finish the pro log and you enter the Golden path Village.
3) Quit to desktop and now copy and paste your original saved files to the directory they are usually saved in.

and what exactly is your problem?
1. sure, gonna take out my keyboard and mouse and play the game without them. makes sense
2. does not matter what drive you install the game on so this one makes no sense. also maybe some people don't have enough disk space on their c drive!
3. how the f*&% do you play the game if it wont even start
4. doesn't even apply any longer
5. if the game runs for you than you shut the f&$% up and go play and stop being a smarta**

we're going to have a go at ubi until this sh*&^is solved since they released a broken game. but i guess you're ok with paying full price for a broken piece of software.

Corvo44
11-25-2014, 11:17 PM

Patch Notes:

I have downloaded the 1.4.0 patch via uPlay (successfully installed, I see it on the bottom) and it still doesn't load anything. I try to start the game (trying to play with PS3 controller via emulator which has worked EVERYWHERE until now) and it won't load jack sh*t.

Sahay15
11-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Hello,

I have been experiencing an issue with Far Cry 4, after the prologue during the cut scene I get kicked out of Far Cry and returned to the Uplay screen saying "Thank you for playing". It has been doing this repeatedly and I had hoped that this patch would fix it. Apparently not. Its rather annoying having the game perfectly playable in the intro and all the way until the avalanche, and then getting repeatedly kicked out. Starting a new game as well doesn't help and quite franckly, there's only so many times that I can play the starting sequence.

JayJackson_29
11-25-2014, 11:49 PM
Ubisoft,
Everytime I have tried to play online co-op in farcry 4, ps4 and it has failed several times. I bought this game to only play online with my friends. This looks like it was a waste of money to me and that I should never buy a ubisoft game again. Please fix my hope for your company!!!

I have the same problem! I can pla in the 5 v 5 games but not on coop mode with my mate who lives 5 miles away! just says cannot connect, try again later. Any body know what I need to do???

AlexFuzzball
11-26-2014, 10:42 AM

Excuse me but where the "fk" do you get off?

heyman47
11-26-2014, 12:06 PM

First of all, how about you STFU first if you can play it?
0. People bought a broken product, why should we stop complaining?
1. People cannot use this broken product, why should we stop complaining?
2. Ubisoft sold people a broken product, why should we stop complaining and stop having a go at them?
3. These forums are supposed to let people give feedbacks, including complains, why can’t we complain?
4. Go play your game and shut the fk up! :)

mvius
11-26-2014, 04:30 PM
So I meet minimum requirements, have a 4 core processor, have only my mouse and USB plugged in, and I'm still getting the black screen and have a couple of questions.

First, I purchased through Steam. How can I see what version it's been updated to? Cannot find it in Steam or in uplay.

Second, is there a way to force update the game? Maybe download a file or force steam/uplay to check for updates?

Rodriquezz
11-26-2014, 05:23 PM
I hope one of your top priorities in the next patch is actually mouse acceleration and in the future please don't ship a PC game with permanent acceleration!

TheRyuzakhi
11-26-2014, 05:43 PM
Hey, Do some problem SLi mode with this game ? Asking cause sometimes have black textures & freezing game so I have to go windows & End it, Its all because of SLI or this game is just broken ?

ObiOne751
11-26-2014, 06:13 PM

Patch Notes:

It doesn't work with my System Win 8.1 still the same issue.

AlexFuzzball
11-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Hey, Do some problem SLi mode with this game ? Asking cause sometimes have black textures & freezing game so I have to go windows & End it, Its all because of SLI or this game is just broken ?

I read that apparently SLI fixes are promised in the next patch.
Don't know if that is true, but it had bloody well better be!!

korefuji
11-26-2014, 09:56 PM
I have SLI and haven't had any problems so far. 780 GTX ti's

OffGrid.
11-27-2014, 02:51 AM
:confused:
I never mentioned take out keyboard and mouse because I have a wireless keyboard and mouse and the USB is not effected.
And if you have no space on your C: then delete other software you can can install later again, whats the big deal?...
Be smart and be cool, don't loose your temper, find a solution.;)
Remember "@:vhvbjhdrbvhtrit" Take out any other usb devices other than your mouse and keyboard "obviously" and make a clean install of the game on your C:. Delete other games you don't necessarily need or ones you can easily install again, same goes for any software.
If you have enjoyed Farcry4 this much to which i'm sure you have or you wont be loosing your cool :p delete delete delete enough software to make room for happy go go Farcry4! woop woop!
Peace

and what exactly is your problem?
1. sure, gonna take out my keyboard and mouse and play the game without them. makes sense
2. does not matter what drive you install the game on so this one makes no sense. also maybe some people don't have enough disk space on their c drive!
3. how the f*&% do you play the game if it wont even start
4. doesn't even apply any longer
5. if the game runs for you than you shut the f&$% up and go play and stop being a smarta**

we're going to have a go at ubi until this sh*&^is solved since they released a broken game. but i guess you're ok with paying full price for a broken piece of software.

OffGrid.
11-27-2014, 03:07 AM
Think logically for a moment.
We all bought the game and we all should be able to play it yes?
Well, yes! you can...but you need some knowledge about your OS.
My friend has windows 8 and cant play the game. I have windows 7 and can play the game (no punt intended)
My friend bought Farcry via Disk, I bought Farcry via download. Again another reason why some people can and cant get the game to work? who knows?
Its not a broken product you simply install it onto your C: (default) no other drives.
But yes, I will play the game and I will shut the fk up ;)

First of all, how about you STFU first if you can play it?
0. People bought a broken product, why should we stop complaining?
1. People cannot use this broken product, why should we stop complaining?
2. Ubisoft sold people a broken product, why should we stop complaining and stop having a go at them?
3. These forums are supposed to let people give feedbacks, including complains, why can’t we complain?
4. Go play your game and shut the fk up! :)

OffGrid.
11-27-2014, 03:11 AM
My bad, had "sake" that night, the devil's to blame :D

Excuse me but where the "fk" do you get off?

OffGrid.
11-27-2014, 03:14 AM
Exactly :)

I have SLI and haven't had any problems so far. 780 GTX ti's

OffGrid.
11-27-2014, 03:23 AM
Hummm strange one that :nonchalance:

Might come across as annoying, but...uninstall the game. Clean all traces of your game files and registry files, hidden folders etc or use a 3rd party tool to erase any traces of the games path.
Make a new install of the game on your local C: no other drives and have all usb devices apart from your mice and keyboard unplugged.
Load the game and im 100% confident you will not experience any more issues with the game.
uninstalling and re installing does not take long and during the install phase you can get yourself a cup of tea! :D
However, if Satan is at work and causing you grief again? leave a comment in the forum and i'll do my best to guide you step by step another technique

Hello,

I have been experiencing an issue with Far Cry 4, after the prologue during the cut scene I get kicked out of Far Cry and returned to the Uplay screen saying "Thank you for playing". It has been doing this repeatedly and I had hoped that this patch would fix it. Apparently not. Its rather annoying having the game perfectly playable in the intro and all the way until the avalanche, and then getting repeatedly kicked out. Starting a new game as well doesn't help and quite franckly, there's only so many times that I can play the starting sequence.

rickvtv6
11-27-2014, 06:23 AM
As the current 39MB patch did not correct Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Live defect, and the future patch notes do not state anything either, would I be correct in saying that there will be no correction to the game to allow the use of Dolby Digital products, despite the fact it is advertised on the products packaging and information?

And FYI (in the event any moderator/administrator actually responds to this) the problem exists on a vast majority of products, not just one hardware vendor, there are people with Creative Sound Blaster audio cards, on-board Realtek hardware and myself for example, Asus Xonar, all have no audio until the output device has been forced to 2 channel in Windows Playback Device control panel. 2015 is just around the corner.

And yes, I submitted a support ticket for this, as well as the exclusive content issue...over a week ago now.

AndromedaUltima
11-27-2014, 10:45 AM
:confused:
I never mentioned take out keyboard and mouse because I have a wireless keyboard and mouse and the USB is not effected.
And if you have no space on your C: then delete other software you can can install later again, whats the big deal?...
Be smart and be cool, don't loose your temper, find a solution.;)
Remember "@:vhvbjhdrbvhtrit" Take out any other usb devices other than your mouse and keyboard "obviously" and make a clean install of the game on your C:. Delete other games you don't necessarily need or ones you can easily install again, same goes for any software.
If you have enjoyed Farcry4 this much to which i'm sure you have or you wont be loosing your cool :p delete delete delete enough software to make room for happy go go Farcry4! woop woop!
Peace

look, we appreciate your good intentions but trust me i tried every fix in the book and nothing's worked so far, NOTHING! reinstalling, unplugging usbs, patches, driver updates, installing the game from disk (as i bought in on disk), installing straight from uplay, updating directx, redistributables etc, even tried the 3rd party injector that helped so many people and absolutely nothing worked.
if i could install on my c drive i'd give it a try but i literally have no way as i always set up my c drive to have room for windows (7 64 bit) and other programs like office, skype etc... i have 26 gb left. i would have to reinstall the OS in order to free up enough room since you cannot add gb or remove them from the OS partition in the device manager. i reinstalled the OS 2 weeks ago so i'm really not in the mood for doing it again because of a game. nor should it be necessary. the game should work perfectly on any partition even with 2000 usb devices plugged in but it doesn't so there's clearly something wrong with it!

as i said, tried every fix that was suggested here, on different websites, on the live update blog even on piratebay and nothing works. my PC can handle the game, i know it but it seems like the game can't handle my pc and that of many others

unqltango
11-27-2014, 10:50 AM
The sad thing is, I didn't have any crashes before the reverting. Now I have them.

thirdform
11-27-2014, 10:59 AM

Patch Notes:

Patch Notes:

- Fixed horrible stuttering in pretty much everyone's game, regardless of whether they have the most powerful, Quad SLI rig ever built by man. We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for not testing the game on any Pcs before release and suggest that you give in and buy an XBox already.

SpinninPlates
11-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Hummm strange one that :nonchalance:

Might come across as annoying, but...uninstall the game. Clean all traces of your game files and registry files, hidden folders etc or use a 3rd party tool to erase any traces of the games path.
Make a new install of the game on your local C: no other drives and have all usb devices apart from your mice and keyboard unplugged.
Load the game and im 100% confident you will not experience any more issues with the game.

fwiw i did reinstall twice, running ccleaner for my registry, and deleting the saves and config directories

still black screen at launch. still alt+tabbing to progress, or unplugging x360 controller. still stutters. reticles still absent.

i'd love to be able to skip cutscenes...so many restarts... ZzZzZ

OffGrid.
11-27-2014, 01:17 PM
I understand your frustration, really I do. So i'm going to give you my email and we can speak more privately and hopefully your solution will be solved.
forthsight@gmail.com

look, we appreciate your good intentions but trust me i tried every fix in the book and nothing's worked so far, NOTHING! reinstalling, unplugging usbs, patches, driver updates, installing the game from disk (as i bought in on disk), installing straight from uplay, updating directx, redistributables etc, even tried the 3rd party injector that helped so many people and absolutely nothing worked.
if i could install on my c drive i'd give it a try but i literally have no way as i always set up my c drive to have room for windows (7 64 bit) and other programs like office, skype etc... i have 26 gb left. i would have to reinstall the OS in order to free up enough room since you cannot add gb or remove them from the OS partition in the device manager. i reinstalled the OS 2 weeks ago so i'm really not in the mood for doing it again because of a game. nor should it be necessary. the game should work perfectly on any partition even with 2000 usb devices plugged in but it doesn't so there's clearly something wrong with it!

as i said, tried every fix that was suggested here, on different websites, on the live update blog even on piratebay and nothing works. my PC can handle the game, i know it but it seems like the game can't handle my pc and that of many others

OffGrid.
11-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Contact me via email, forthsight@gmail.com maybe I can help

fwiw i did reinstall twice, running ccleaner for my registry, and deleting the saves and config directories

still black screen at launch. still alt+tabbing to progress, or unplugging x360 controller. still stutters. reticles still absent.

heyman47
11-27-2014, 03:11 PM
Think logically for a moment.
We all bought the game and we all should be able to play it yes?
Well, yes! you can...but you need some knowledge about your OS.
My friend has windows 8 and cant play the game. I have windows 7 and can play the game (no punt intended)
My friend bought Farcry via Disk, I bought Farcry via download. Again another reason why some people can and cant get the game to work? who knows?
Its not a broken product you simply install it onto your C: (default) no other drives.
But yes, I will play the game and I will shut the fk up ;)

It's you need to think logically first since you are totally illogical for almost every moments.

You want people to stop complaining on the forums which allow us to complain but yet you keep complaining about others; we complain about issues of this game but you complain about other people; you want people shut up and play but yet you cannot shut up yourself even if you can play it. What a logician you are! You think you can run it so it must be people don't know about their OS if they can't? You think this game is not broken even if so many serious issues have been reported? How stupid can you be? Anyway, I can complain all I want as long as it's reasonable and doesn’t violate the rules.You don't get to decide it. ;)

You need to get one thing straight, it's this game causes these issues, not me nor our OS, since even Ubisoft admits FC4 has issues themselves, your "illogical" defense for them is ridiculous and idiotic. I have enough of knowledge about my OS, I'm also using Win7 with decent specs and I also bought FC4 via download but I can't play it until patch 1.4, and I still have mouse control stuttering and key binding issues like many others. I have 130+ games( including other Ubi's games) and they all run well except for FC4, IT IS BROKEN or at least has serious issues, and Ubi need to fix it!

People complain because FC4 has serious issues, and people will keep complaining if Ubi doesn't fix these issues. You don't get to decide it!

rickvtv6
11-27-2014, 04:31 PM
Camera will not focus, completely blurry and un-usable, cut-scenes are also exactly the same.

Try aiming when using a mortar...that sh*t is whacked, it has some birds eye view with a fish-eye affect going on?

Some objects have a shinning affect when walking near/past them, like a filter conflict? Also the same sort of affect sometimes shows up in the corner of the screen in a line (sometimes curved) and you can walk back and forth at the spots they are visible and they will re-appear. Could be a setting, but I CBF trying things with this game ATM.

Settings were taken from this guide, all running at Ultra (excluding the ATOC settings) with adjustments made to the .xml files.
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/far-cry-4-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

BigBoss_329
11-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Please enable Hairworks!

usscarry
11-27-2014, 07:39 PM
OKAY,,,, so where is the patch??????

MrFaaaaK
11-27-2014, 08:39 PM

In order to remove the screen when you start the game in the shortcut properties after the name of the object, insert -skipintro

MrFaaaaK
11-27-2014, 08:48 PM
With version 1.3.0 of the game everything was fine, it was not a black screen and the problems with the graphics. After the release of version 1.4.0 the game became a living hell of darkness and shadows blurred image superimposed on everything. If anyone knows how to roll back to version 1.3.0 please unsubscribe here.
For reference, a black screen users was 1-3 core processors ...

Dicehunter
11-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Game still stutters.

Nandiman
11-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Game still stutters.

DId you even read the patch notes? It never said it fixes the stuttering. If you are too lazy to read the first post here it is:

snaaapy
11-28-2014, 01:30 PM
A get a black screen on startup, my fc4 version is 1.0
Specs: Intel i7, Gtx 660

Sry for my bad english.

Dicehunter
11-28-2014, 01:31 PM
DId you even read the patch notes? It never said it fixes the stuttering. If you are too lazy to read the first post here it is:

Wind your neck back in boy, You would think they would at least acknowledge the stuttering considering media publications are also commenting on it i.e Kotaku, PC Gamer, Polygon, Euro Gamer, YouTube reviewers etc...

WildWayz
11-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Wind your neck back in boy.

He does have a point, although he should have been a little bit more polite. They never said it would address the stuttering. I only suffer a tiny bit of stutter when driving/flying - all based around textures loading. It did it in FC3 too. I'm currently about 11hours in, 24% complete.

Dicehunter
11-28-2014, 01:37 PM
He does have a point. They never said it would address the stuttering. I only suffer a tiny bit of stutter when driving/flying - all based around textures loading. It did it in FC3 too. I'm currently about 11hours in, 24% complete.

I know it didn't say it in the info about the patch but considering 99% of people are getting this annoying stuttering you would think they would stop sitting on their thumbs and do something or at the very least publicly say "Hey guys we are aware of this and are working towards a solution" but no can't expect decency from Ubisoft.

WildWayz
11-28-2014, 01:44 PM
I know it didn't say it in the info about the patch but considering 99% of people are getting this annoying stuttering you would think they would stop sitting on their thumbs and do something or at the very least publicly say "Hey guys we are aware of this and are working towards a solution" but no can't expect decency from Ubisoft.

I'll ask my buddy in Ubisoft about if they are working on it - he pushed for my fix to go in (the Outpost Master issue). I am thinking the frame stuttering is more of a harder issue to resolve as I think it is down to the gfx memory and pre-loading scenery as the worlds are lavish...

snaaapy
11-28-2014, 02:23 PM
I have black screen on startup and i have patch 1.0,
i send 1 ticket to support and no response.
How about you fix your broken releases before launching another game?

EludeyourMind
11-28-2014, 04:16 PM
Heyman sht the fk up you tool!

Read Finni's comments you moron! People like you Heyman get no where in life you little girl!
Read what he said in one of his comments. He drank Sake that night when he posted that comment and everyone can have a voice and have there own opinion, so go fk your behind, im sure your good at it.
God!...your long winded comments look boring and you must be a complete fart in real life. Cry Cry Cry is all do. weak pathetic ******!

It's you need to think logically first since you are totally illogical for almost every moments.

You want people to stop complaining on the forums which allow us to complain but yet you keep complaining about others; we complain about issues of this game but you complain about other people; you want people shut up and play but yet you cannot shut up yourself even if you can play it. What a logician you are! You think you can run it so it must be people don't know about their OS if they can't? You think this game is not broken even if so many serious issues have been reported? How stupid can you be? Anyway, I can complain all I want as long as it's reasonable and doesn’t violate the rules.You don't get to decide it. ;)

You need to get one thing straight, it's this game causes these issues, not me nor our OS, since even Ubisoft admits FC4 has issues themselves, your "illogical" defense for them is ridiculous and idiotic. I have enough of knowledge about my OS, I'm also using Win7 with decent specs and I also bought FC4 via download but I can't play it until patch 1.4, and I still have mouse control stuttering and key binding issues like many others. I have 130+ games( including other Ubi's games) and they all run well except for FC4, IT IS BROKEN or at least has serious issues, and Ubi need to fix it!

People complain because FC4 has serious issues, and people will keep complaining if Ubi doesn't fix these issues. You don't get to decide it!

OffGrid.
11-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Dude, I appreciate your support but fueling anger leads to hatred and no one wants that. The guy Heyman is on ignore, powerful button that iggy :o
Best not bring his name up again.
But I hope you are enjoying the game as much as i am ;)

Read Finni's comments you moron! People like you Heyman get no where in life you little girl!
Read what he said in one of his comments. He drank Sake that night when he posted that comment and everyone can have a voice and have there own opinion, so go fk your behind, im sure your good at it.
God!...your long winded comments look boring and you must be a complete fart in real life. Cry Cry Cry is all do. weak pathetic ******!

OffGrid.
11-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Hi snapy,

I can send you a patch that will work cos its working for me.
Its still 1.0 but has been modified slightly and stops black screen and other issues concerning the game.
email me , forthsight@gmail.com

I have black screen on startup and i have patch 1.0,
i send 1 ticket to support and no response.
How about you fix your broken releases before launching another game?

the_barnee
11-28-2014, 07:41 PM
Still no patch for me. On 24-th uPlay updated 39Mbs for something, but the game's file version is still 0.1.0.1. this must be a joke, that i buy a game, and i have to torrent it to play with it.

MeFirstThenYou
11-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Thanks for not fixing your ****ing game Ubisoft.

MrFaaaaK
11-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Still no patch for me. On 24-th uPlay updated 39Mbs for something, but the game's file version is still 0.1.0.1. this must be a joke, that i buy a game, and i have to torrent it to play with it.

Thanks for not fixing your ****ing game Ubisoft.

Yes, shame, and even more sorry that already Friday and over the weekend with comrades Ubisoft will not do anything, because it is said that technical support is only on weekdays. And I have thought to do pre-orders on The Division. No excuse

the_barnee
11-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Yes, shame, and even more sorry that already Friday and over the weekend with comrades Ubisoft will not do anything, because it is said that technical support is only on weekdays. And I have thought to do pre-orders on The Division. No excuse

I've already pre-ordered The Crew. Hopefully, it will be playable... :')

rickvtv6
11-29-2014, 02:06 AM
Game still stutters.

Going from your sig, I have a very similar build, but a 4770 @ stock 3.9GHz, ram is 2.4GHz but timings are @ 8/8/8/1T, a reference 980 @ 1440/2000 and a pair of 240gb sandisk extreme pro's in raid0.

I gather you don't use Dolby Digital through the SPDIF on the phoebus? lol cos they screwed up this game with DD.

I think they were aiming more to get the game working for those that got the black screen and could not play it at all, but apparently that is still happening anyway.

But I don't get stutter, so I just wanted to ask, are you running the game on the same drive as your W8.1 OS? And what resolution are you running? (single display?) cos those are the only main differences I can see if you were (going from your sig that is).

This is the guide I used to set mine up as they were using the new 9 series as examples, I'm not using DSR and only a single 1080 60P tv.
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/far-cry-4-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

OH, and what is the backplate for the Phoebus? tried google but just got flooded with display cards lmao interested to see what it looks like ;)

SpinninPlates
11-30-2014, 07:29 AM
can we get an official word on the status of a fix for this patch? 11 pages of people saying it didn't work with one guy spamming his email and advertising an injector...so shady

i really want to play with my x360 controller, but i am still experiencing black screens and stutters, both of which are solved by unplugging the controller. i've been using controllers since NES days and i don't plan to stop soon. i was looking forward to FC4 for a few months now, and i'm incredibly disappointed to see two bugs that make the game unplayable relate to something that has never given me trouble in the wealth of games i've played on this pc in the past

waiting for 1.4.1 which may never come :'(

rickvtv6
11-30-2014, 08:57 AM
can we get an official word on the status of a fix for this patch? 11 pages of people saying it didn't work with one guy spamming his email and advertising an injector...so shady

i really want to play with my x360 controller, but i am still experiencing black screens and stutters, both of which are solved by unplugging the controller. i've been using controllers since NES days and i don't plan to stop soon. i was looking forward to FC4 for a few months now, and i'm incredibly disappointed to see two bugs that make the game unplayable relate to something that has never given me trouble in the wealth of games i've played on this pc in the past

waiting for 1.4.1 which may never come :'(

I am using a genuine Microsoft Xbox 360 receiver and use the same controller for my console. The only Issues I have with this game are the occasional spots I find on the map and it will CTD every time @ that location, no working Dolby Digital and the camera and cut scenes are blurred as f*ck to the point that the camera is only good for tagging.
But with that crap aside I can still play it fine.

I know there are 2 or 3 different USB drivers you can manually install for the gamepad device (I am actually using the WIRED driver despite mine being wireless), have you tried going to Device Manager and uninstalling the driver and tick "delete the driver software for this device", and update the driver manually from there testing the available related drivers for the 360 controller?

Just a suggestion though. My controller works 100% perfect in this, the same as FC3, it also does not have any acceleration issues which is awesome because the mouse is total B.S. in this game ATM lol. But every PC is different, and this game is extremely unstable as it is :rolleyes:

qballdball
11-30-2014, 11:28 AM
hey imstill waiting for patch 2 to come,from day one i have a green screen who crashes and thats all it does.
when will there be a fix,i wonne play like anybody else:mad:

iTz_Zerum
12-01-2014, 08:53 AM
As the current 39MB patch did not correct Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Live defect, and the future patch notes do not state anything either, would I be correct in saying that there will be no correction to the game to allow the use of Dolby Digital products, despite the fact it is advertised on the products packaging and information?

And FYI (in the event any moderator/administrator actually responds to this) the problem exists on a vast majority of products, not just one hardware vendor, there are people with Creative Sound Blaster audio cards, on-board Realtek hardware and myself for example, Asus Xonar, all have no audio until the output device has been forced to 2 channel in Windows Playback Device control panel. 2015 is just around the corner.

And yes, I submitted a support ticket for this, as well as the exclusive content issue...over a week ago now.

I would like to know the answer to this as well, should I hold off playing the game until i can get the sound it was advertised as supporting? Or should i go ahead and play it through my 2.1 speakers with a subpar sound experience????

the_barnee
12-01-2014, 09:59 AM
My game's file version is still 0.1.0.1.
Damn it's almost 2weeks since the launch, and i cant even get the patch that other received? it's a disgrace, shame on you Ubisoft.

heyman47
12-01-2014, 06:52 PM

Why should I shut up? I bought a faulty product why can't I say it? More like you're the Cry Cry Cry weak pathetic no life ****. My original post is not for you, you could totally ignore it, but you didn't. How about you shut up? How about you go fk yourself first? You seem to good at it more than me.

I wouldn't even come here if this game works. At first I just came here to check updates and report issues, it's this "Finni-UK" started picking quarrels, now I'm the bad guy?? This game does have serious issues, why can't people say it? Why can't I say it? It's my customer rights to say it! Maybe you enjoy a broken game, but I don't ! And as you can see, people do keep coming back to complain because this f*king game does have many issues! If you don't care about them, you can always GTFO!

IEXToXiCI
12-01-2014, 11:10 PM
I just bought that game today, and i cant even Download it. I spended alot money for this Golden-Edition **** and i cant even play it.... Every Start of a Game was better then this...
UBISOFT just dont care anymore about the games and the customers becouse they get there money and everything is alright. The Developers should stop releasing unfinished Games. This is really Anoying. But why do they Create UPlay , we already got Steam or Origin, we dont need more "social gaming" gaming crap we jsut want to play games like in the good old times. You bought the game installed it and you could play but here 2 weeks after release i still cannot even download the main game, no updates, nothing
I Hope you will fix that Problems fast. Becouse if you fail the next Release of a game you will lose Tousends of players and tousends of Money.

For now, this is a waste of Money and Time.:mad:

BlutVampir
12-02-2014, 10:22 AM
crashes all over again in the game.... Did I miss something, still 1.4, but before my holidays that version was stable.
after end of nov again crashes....

I really hate ubi

Treb0r
12-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Hey, im like 7-8% into game, finished Amita mission (get intel). Now the problem begins.

Whatever i do after i load my last save file, like pick up some collectable or finish a mission - that 2 crossed sabre icon shows up and dissapears, meaning auto save completed, right?

Wrong.

When i try to quit to menu (Save and Quit option), a pop up shows a message "Can't quit while autosaving". So game doesnt exit auto-saving state at all. During all this time I cannot fast travel, a message pops up : "Fast Travel is temporarily disabled". Temporarily is for 2 days now.

So this is game breaking bug for me. Followed few threads with "Cant auto-save/manual save" threads, deleted some ProgramFiles(x86)/Ubisoft save games, nothing changed.

ComputedDart
12-02-2014, 11:43 PM

Patch Notes:

Hi since this update I have not been able to save my game. Every time i try i can not exit out of the menu and i have to restart the game and i did not save even though it went through the processes of it. If you are not going to be able to fix this then i would like a refund.Thank you for your time.

Email: animationgaming12@gmail.com

SlyAndroidDog
12-03-2014, 07:17 PM

Patch Notes:

This game is a piece off unoptimized ..... gtx 970 cant run it on low FIXXXX it as I did not pay my money to see stuttering !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Will never buy your product(no on consoles no on pc ) !!!!!!! AC Unity the same story you should be ashamed as the only thing you care is our money !!!!

rickvtv6
12-04-2014, 09:16 AM
Game works fine (apart from previous statements I have made) but it crashes when ever I get near "Naccarapur" (still undiscovered on my map) with FC64.DLL fatal crash message

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: FarCry4.exe
Application Version: 0.1.0.1
Fault Module Name: FC64.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.1.0.1
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000001e22b

I have tried multiple things including under clocking devices and removing devices, tried 344.65 and 344.75 drivers, temps are within limits, tried 4GB LAA extension tool on the executive files etc.

Any ideas seeing as UBI is vacant from their own support threads/tickets?

W8.1 Pro media center x64 - 16GB DDR3 2.4GHz - i7 4770(stock turbo) - Asus Xonar Phoebus ROG - GTX980 Gigabyte reference - Sandisk extreme pro 240GB @ Intel RAID0 480GB(containing ALL data and pagefile) - Microsoft wireless xbox receiver and 360 gamepad

It only happens around a large radius of that area, it shows no signs prior to the crash, but of course I can not continue the story line until I dominate it.

Oh and I am unsure if this is from the patch update as I have only gotten to this location now for the first time.

Strajder69
12-04-2014, 04:14 PM
I have a minor problem with fps, every minute or two i get fps drops (hiccups) from 60 to 40 fps for 1 or 2 seconds and then it goes back to 60. It's very annoying when playing game in longer times. All settings are maxed out, also all drivers are up to date.

My pc are more then enough to run this game with no problems (FX 8350 4.5 ghz, 8 gb ddr3 and geforce 970GTX) so is there any kind of fix for those hiccups?

rickvtv6
12-04-2014, 04:35 PM
I have a minor problem with fps, every minute or two i get fps drops (hiccups) from 60 to 40 fps for 1 or 2 seconds and then it goes back to 60. It's very annoying when playing game in longer times. All settings are maxed out, also all drivers are up to date.

My pc are more then enough to run this game with no problems (FX 8350 4.5 ghz, 8 gb ddr3 and geforce 970GTX) so is there any kind of fix for those hiccups?

Not sure if you tried any of these, but they have some fixes/work arounds that actually do something lol
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=934393

Also for anyone that has the blurred camera and cut scenes like I was having, go to documents/my games/farcry4/*some random folder name* and delete the 2 .xml files. Apparently it has something to do with a conflict from the initial files created before the patch, then the patch screws something up in it lmao. you will have to re-adjust all your in game settings, but at least it fixes that pathetic blur issue. Way to go UBI, your customers fix your games on the regular -_-

Strajder69
12-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Not sure if you tried any of these, but they have some fixes/work arounds that actually do something lol
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=934393

Also for anyone that has the blurred camera and cut scenes like I was having, go to documents/my games/farcry4/*some random folder name* and delete the 2 .xml files. Apparently it has something to do with a conflict from the initial files created before the patch, then the patch screws something up in it lmao. you will have to re-adjust all your in game settings, but at least it fixes that pathetic blur issue. Way to go UBI, your customers fix your games on the regular -_-

I tried with "DisableLoadingMip" but the textures are bad, putting texture on low in menu gives the same effect so it's not a really fix. Also tried with "GPUMaxBufferedFrames" set to 4 which gave me slight improvement but hiccups are still present

BlackLord049
12-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Yes Ubi, I think it's time to fix the issues that we all have with SLI...

rickvtv6
12-06-2014, 09:03 PM
haha yeah SLI and all the other problems everyone is having. I am sure they have their hands full now with The Crew given UBI's reputation lololol

Well I uninstalled the game, deleted the farcry4 folder in Documents/My Games, ran CCleaner, re-installed the game and update to 1.4.0, started a new game and so far It has not crashed once, even around the areas on the map it was crashing for me before without fail, which is odd. maybe data corruption from when it was crashing?

Stutter/lag spike issue still not an issue for me for some reason (the texture LOD changes are horrendous, just look at the ground texture when driving a vehicle! YUCK!).
Camera and cut scenes are no longer blurred.
The "Save" in the menu works, but the "Save & Quit" causes CTD when the progress bar is around 50% every time
I changed to run GPU max buffered frames @ x6 in the GamerProfile.xml
Nvidia inspector to run max per-rendered frames @ x6
and seeing as this game is causing so many issues with display drivers, I changed my TDR delay to 10 seconds to stop any false-positives.
But sadly, still no trucking Dolby Digital.
Also if anyone is interested, google JRavens fc4, he is making some good progress with improving this considering early stages and the fact he is using fc3 tools.

I am done with UBI. I never received a response from my tickets either I certainly will not be paying for any of their future games. And the industry wonders why there are so many pirated copies? Well UBI takes 1st prize for causing that industry boom at the moment LMAO Why pay for something that is falsely advertised and so unstable some can't even run it. pfffft

serendipitycat
12-10-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm sorry to be so uninformed, but where do you download these patches?

I have installed the game, I get a black screen when starting it from Steam. No mentions in Steam of any patches. I don't know what to do, and would appreciate any help.

rickvtv6
12-10-2014, 07:55 PM
I'm sorry to be so uninformed, but where do you download these patches?

I have installed the game, I get a black screen when starting it from Steam. No mentions in Steam of any patches. I don't know what to do, and would appreciate any help.

go to your steam Common folder in program files, and in the Far Cry 4 folder there should be a sub-folder called "Support" then "Readme" and "English" it has the Readme.txt file with the latest installed patch notes at the top, see what version it is.