PDA

View Full Version : Fix the parts glitch

Th3Tater
11-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Topic. This is bad to have when you're giving away real-world prizes. Especially when you can (as I understand it) do it on accident. Now I'm not a ranked player, I have no intention of being in this tournament (not my thing even though I'd love an X1...), but this REALLY needs to be fixed before this tourney takes off. Is TU2 dropping soon?

Thanks for taking an awesome game to the next level with a tourney.

Ultimate_Deez
11-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Topic. This is bad to have when you're giving away real-world prizes. Especially when you can (as I understand it) do it on accident. Now I'm not a ranked player, I have no intention of being in this tournament (not my thing even though I'd love an X1...), but this REALLY needs to be fixed before this tourney takes off. Is TU2 dropping soon?

Thanks for taking an awesome game to the next level with a tourney.

+1

Potentially tainted results in a premier tournament with real prizes is no good.

Also a big +1 to bringing Airmech to Xbox and doing all the work to create this Tournament and promote this unique game.

UbiCeeCee
11-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Hey guys,

Would you be able to give us more information on how the exploit works so that we can fix this asap?

Thanks!

Ultimate_Deez
11-24-2014, 08:06 PM
Hey guys,

Would you be able to give us more information on how the exploit works so that we can fix this asap?

Thanks!

I'd be happy to describe so you can re-produce, but do you want it publicly or should we email/pm or something?

Edit - I PM'd. But it looks like I was ninja'd by SpaceBound.

SpaceBoundIdiot
11-24-2014, 08:11 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks!

do you play the games or have any testers?

the part glitch works as such:

while on the load-out screen you have the Saucer (any mech you want parts for)

then you click on your airmech to browse through the airmechs, striker, helix, warthog etc,

hover over but do not select the airmech you want parts from, lets say the warthog.

now hit B, go backwards, to the original load-out menu with your Saucer.

Now your Saucer magically has all the parts as the warthog you looked at( what that warthog was equipped with prior to doing the glitch) including warthog only, and Saucer excluded parts, are now on the Saucer and have real in-game effects applied.

Please fix this before any tournament starts. or disqualify any abusers. this is extremely easy to do. if you need any more info please let me know.

i apologize if it may sound like i have an attitude, it is very frustrating to deal with this in game.

RageCage81
11-25-2014, 01:02 AM
Parts also have randomly changed after some matches.
Im unshure if it effected me in game.

When i finished a match I noticed my parts had changed even when i started with proper parts.
this has happened to me on more then one occasion.

Im unshure how to replicate this, just wanted to make ubi/ carbon aware of it.

SpaceBoundIdiot
11-25-2014, 01:30 AM
Parts also have randomly changed after some matches.
Im unshure if it effected me in game.

When i finished a match I noticed my parts had changed even when i started with proper parts.
this has happened to me on more then one occasion.

Im unshure how to replicate this, just wanted to make ubi/ carbon aware of it.

you might be referring to the load-out glitch: https://www.carbongames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=19029&sid=5307f7eead79bd8fcade1c7040c4591e

it happened to me a few times where i've gotten a different load-out in-game, the pictures of the units and what the actual unit is, are different, usually copping another players load-out, it happens in pvp, survival etc. sometimes in-game you wont notice (because your loadouts might be similar) until you start the next game, which you can clearly see your load-out has changed. if its glitched, you may get a unit that you never owned in-game, you wont be able to use that unit in-game, and in the load-out afterwards you'll see a blank spot.

that has been my experience so far, i havent experimented with this glitch as much as the parts glitch so i cant say much about it right now.